• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Random question: If you could choose the unlockable characters to be like in Melee/Brawl/3DS instead of almost whole cast, which characters would you choose?
even MORE characters
ONLY MARIO AT THE BEGINNING

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Week 1 :ultinkling::ultridley::ultdaisy:
Week 2 :ultmario::ultlink::ulticeclimbers:
Week 3 :ultcorrin::ultsnake::ultdk:
Week 4 :ultsonic::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultpokemontrainer:
Week 5 :ultmarth::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultpit:
Week 6 :ultpichu::ultbowserjr:
Week 7 :ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultfalcon:
Week 8 :ultjigglypuff::ultwario:
Week 9 :ultsamus::ultsimon::ultkrool:
Week 10 :ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
Week 11 :ultvillager::ultdarkpit::ultduckhunt:
Week 12 :ultness::ultpeach::ultwolf:
Week 13 :ultike::ultkingdedede:
Week 14 :ultbowser::ulttoonlink::ultryu:
Week 15 :ultisabelle::ultganondorf::ultpikachu:
Week 16 :ultlucina::ultlucario:
Week 17 :ultsheik::ultfox:
Week 18 :ultwiifittrainer::ultdoc: (week not over yet)
Week 19
Week 20
Week 21
Week 22
Week 23
Week 24
Week 25
Week 26 (Week of release)

Veterans yet to be on the Blog:
:ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultshulk::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Not leaving much room for Newcomers, guys....
It's baffling how late they're saving Cloud, Rosalina, Bayonetta and even Pac-Man.

I'm very embarrassed to say I don't even have a Switch to use right now, so assuming I get Smash before the Switch, I'll be stuck playing nothing until maybe Christmas. At that point, I guess I would just take some photos, because why not?
You could at least stock up on games like I'm doing. :redface:

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Could we see a Xenoblade track tomorrow?

Random question: If you could choose the unlockable characters to be like in Melee/Brawl/3DS instead of almost whole cast, which characters would you choose?
:ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultridley::ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultdarkpit::ultrichter:

That's pretty much my choice.

I haven’t played Mania, but we’d better get Fist Bump for the memes.
That's something I unironically want.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My list is the same as yours for roughly the same reasons. To add some hypothetical companies...

Ubisoft: Kill any characters you like, just pls add Rayman--he's sad as a trophy.
Capcom: Okay, you can kill off Mega Man, but we get to be the final veteran reveal.
Konami: Wha? We were gone? Sorry bout that. You only get one unique newcomer tho.
Namco: I mean we're helping to make the game, but we still won't make it easy.
Microsoft: We need any good publicity we can get.
Sega: *grumble grumble* Have our mascot, sure, but here's the precise specifications.
Activision: We now own some pretty iconic characters--if you want them, maybe we'll lend them. Maybe.
Disney: We'd be on board, just give us lots of money. No Mickey Mouse (probably).
Square Enix: What? You want more songs? Play Final Fantasy VII on Switch instead.
Sony: GTFO
I don't think Activision would be particularly stingy, they're all about money and good publicity, to them Smash would present a good business opportunity, and that's likely to be enough reason for them to go along with it.

I'm also pretty sure Disney would be below Square Enix, they're control freaks to the point where I'm not sure Sakurai would even accept their terms, and they won't feel any need to compromise on their part as they're the one company on the list that dwarfs Nintendo, they don't have nearly as much to gain from the partnership as others would. Only reason they wouldn't be bottom is because of Sony and their backwards thinking.

D

Deleted member

After replaying Mania a few times, I have decided Sonic might as well get cut if we don't even get the Hard Boiled Heavy boss theme
If there isn't any Sonic Mania representation in general Sonic should be cut, period.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here's a new tier list, the "How difficult are they to work with?" list.

Easy

Capcom: Not many studios would let you kill off one of their characters to advertise yours.
Konami: Seems they're in redemption mode from being absent last time
Namco: On everything but Pac-Man alts
Sega: If only they would let Sonic have better alts and another remix
Square Enix: Bare Minimum and nothing else.

Difficult
Yacht Club: Oftentimes, developers just wake up one day and find Shovel Knight has appeared in their game.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My list is the same as yours for roughly the same reasons. To add some hypothetical companies...

Ubisoft: Kill any characters you like, just pls add Rayman--he's sad as a trophy.
Capcom: Okay, you can kill off Mega Man, but we get to be the final veteran reveal.
Konami: Wha? We were gone? Sorry bout that. You only get one unique newcomer tho.
Namco: I mean we're helping to make the game, but we still won't make it easy.
Microsoft: We need any good publicity we can get.
Sega: *grumble grumble* Have our mascot, sure, but here's the precise specifications.
Activision: We now own some pretty iconic characters--if you want them, maybe we'll lend them. Maybe.
Disney: We'd be on board, just give us lots of money. No Mickey Mouse (probably).
Square Enix: What? You want more songs? Play Final Fantasy VII on Switch instead.
Sony: GTFO
Here's my version:

WayForward: Here, have Shantae, for free even!
Ubisoft: Even if you need the Rabbids, we just hope you'll include Rayman.
Capcom: Kill off Mega Man? Go right ahead, as long as Ryu's fine.
Konami: Oh, you need our stuff again? Fine, have at least one newcomer, and an Echo to promote our latest release.
Namco: More characters? We'll think about it, as long as you buff up :ultpacman:.
Microsoft: Please give us good publicity to make up for all the years we did nothing with Rare's stuff...
Sega: Here are the requirements for Sonic's inclusion. We'll probably let you add his friends. Knuckles as an AT is fine though.
Activision: You could use Crash, but Spyro's not that known in Japan, so we'll see.
Square Enix: More FF7 music? We'll have to ask our composer about that...
Disney: Give us a million dollars and a kidney, please, but don't sully our biggest mascot.
Soney: Ha ha ha, NO!

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Your list is ridiculous with layers to it. You know Konami is literally only a pachinko joint now because of the yakuza influence right?

Also, if we get any sort of new smash presentation is it more likely to be a "show" build or closer to the sped up version in the Snake v K. Rool video?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yacht Club: Oftentimes, developers just wake up one day and find Shovel Knight has appeared in their game.
Playtonic: It's a 3D game so-
Yacht Club: Here's the model, fully posed and ready to go.

Rivals of Aether Dev: The cast is anthro-creatures only so-
Yacht Club: He's a fish now!

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think Activision would be particularly stingy, they're all about money and good publicity, to them Smash would present a good business opportunity, and that's likely to be enough reason for them to go along with it.

I'm also pretty sure Disney would be below Square Enix, they're control freaks to the point where I'm not sure Sakurai would even accept their terms, and they won't feel any need to compromise on their part as they're the one company on the list that dwarfs Nintendo, they don't have nearly as much to gain from the partnership as others would. Only reason they wouldn't be bottom is because of Sony and their backwards thinking.
Disney should be close to the bottom in virtually every list. Compared to the other companies, they genuinely don't care enough to do a crossover with a smaller company unless it translates into a noticeable sum of cash. The fact that KH still exists is a miracle by itself.

The only company that beats Disney in the difficulty department is Sony, and that's because they have little to no desire to do anything that would contribute to their competition's success. A single Sony character in Smash is gonna require some pretty ridiculous guidelines.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of music, if no direct news comes soon then at least we've got a new remix to look forward to. Hoping it's Wario's turn this week. Specifically rooting for a Body Rock remix. I mean, the last direct showed off a playlist feature and included an example called 'workout tunes'. And how can you workout to anything other than Body Rock?

On the subject of playlists, if you could put together a playlist (both music in Smash and stuff you'd like to be in Smash), what would the theme be and what music would you include?

Edit: We also better get remixes of every other Wario song (seriously, WarioWare has a weirdly high number of vocal tracks). I wanna hear Ridley savaging people to Tomorrow Hill.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Playtonic: It's a 3D game so
Yacht Club: Here's the model, fully posed and ready to go.

Rivals of Aether Dev: The cast is anthro-creatures only so-
Yacht Club: He's a fish now!
Inti Creates: Thanks for helping us publish a physical release for the Gunvolt games, is there anything you want in return?
Yacht Club: Well, a tiny little boss fight with you-know-who. Oh, and maybe a deal to include him in that Blaster Master project you're doing.

Imago Softworks (Starr Mazer devs): This game is set in space, so are you sure it would make sense to have him in the--
Yacht Club: Of course!

Steven McCarthy (Ghost Police dev): You guys do know I'm busy drawing hips and boobs, right? Not sure when I'll finish my--
Yacht Club: No big deal, take all the time you need.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok guys...while we wait for something...

Complete this sentence: Time waits for no...

While keeping to the topic of potential newcomer content and properties.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok guys...while we wait for something...

Complete this sentence: Time waits for no...

While keeping to the topic of potential newcomer content and properties.
...one, it delivers all equally to the same end.

A character from Persona 3 is a potential newcomer, right?

Last edited:

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
But people are thinking for themselves. Just as many people found Sylux unlikely as people found him possible at best. Only certain people formed certain predictions and those predictions get tossed around and discussed. It's not like you can get an entire website to agree on what's plausible and what's impossible.

You're painting everyone speculating to be some sort of collective hivemind that jumps on the earliest half-baked theory when no, there's plenty of skeptics and cynics for even the most believable of concepts.

No one could've known that Smash Ultimate would be announced so soon, and once it did get announced, almost everyone stopped the Sylux train. What you're asking in terms of foresight is ridiculous. Like yeah sure, we all should've predicted Smash would release 2 years after 4 and made all our discussion revolve around that train of thought.
Smash 4 came out in 2014. Four years later, at the tail end of 2018, we are getting the next smash.
Regardless of if *you* saw it, there were plenty of reasons to think it was not far off. An ad for Smash 6 workers was placed during development of the last. We were directly told that the ballot would influence future Smash and Nintendo games.
The Smash speculation scene to me usually *does* come across as a hive mind and not independent thought. Recycled arguments, choosing which ideas of precedent are desired for a debate...
A great example is Skull Kid. You can tell me all you want that he is popular and that he has always been wanted. In reality that may hold slight truth, but it was a compilation of recent discussion that brought him more into discussion.

I'm not saying echochamber and a hive mind are inherently a bad thing, it is part of sociology in.how humans and most social animals behave. That said, you can flat out track the popularity of certain characters based on these clues.

If you've ever read the book "Pikachu's Global Adventures, the rise and Fall of Pokemon," as just an example, you can follow the trends and how they relate to the behavior of the fans. You can do the same for Smash- the most predictable thing you can track is how the marketing and information reveals relate to what people consider popular in forums or YouTube. It's a form of control because that's legitimately what it is.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Have anyone talked about the Sora "leak" ?

It's this one:
https://i.imgur.com/M5JDBu2.jpg

I think they used this render for this fake https://images.khinsider.com/KINGDOM HEARTS III/Renders/Main Characters/Sora04.png
Yea that looks like that render.

At this point now that we have a legit photo leak that has yet to be disproven, I'm not even going to bother with "here's the corner of the screen with just the character's render". Someone out there is able to take more legit photos (or at the very least create very convincing fakes) and that interests me a ton more.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

Decided to make it a bit easier to see through photoshop.
Yeah, it's definitely the same thing. Looks like they only bothered changing the eyes.

EDIT: Scratch that. Analyzing it again, they didn't even bother changing the eyes. It's literally the same exact thing.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Nintendo of America just tweeted about some Fitness game.
I don't think we're getting a direct this week.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
That's alright. I'm sure we will all come back to Twitter tomorrow to bug the NoA PR guy for news about a Direct. And the next day. And the next day.... And the next day...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Not unless there were some newcomers that could fit the Health and Sports theme nintendo seems to be pushing hard this week... sports like martial arts *cough* ken *cough* and wrestling *cough* incineroar *cough*, if we had characters that fit those sports then we might have a chance at some news.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Announcement to all three Rhythm Heaven supporters out there, our weekly prayer circle for any sort of Smash content shall now commence. View attachment 168908
Assuming the amount of likes your post has, There's definitely more than three of us...
Anyone who puts Sebastian from Wii Music and Chase McCain of all things, in their leak has an extremely high IQ

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Not unless there were some newcomers that could fit the Health and Sports theme nintendo seems to be pushing hard this week... sports like martial arts *cough* ken *cough* and wrestling *cough* incineroar *cough*, if we had characters that fit those sports then we might have a chance at some news.
I....look I don't like patterns surrounding conspiracy theories but just for fun - what if we got something like Body Rock as our song for tomorrow and some other health/sports item/AT on Thursday (Healing Field? Anyone got any better ideas?) leading to a trailer drop on Friday for Incineroar/Ken...

Just being silly lol. I might have went harder for it if Health & Sports day was more of a week long celebration but from what I gather it's just on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom