• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I....look I don't like patterns surrounding conspiracy theories but just for fun - what if we got something like Body Rock as our song for tomorrow and some other health/sports item/AT on Thursday (Healing Field? Anyone got any better ideas?) leading to a trailer drop on Friday for Incineroar/Ken...

Just being silly lol. I might have went harder for it if Health & Sports day was more of a week long celebration but from what I gather it's just on Monday.
yeah i mean nintendo doesnt usually acknowledge stuff like that too much and like you said it is just a single day not suppose to be a week long thing but for whatever reason right now they have been addressing the health and sports day so... kinda suspicious. but like you said patterns and conspiracy thats all it is for now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Random question: If you could choose the unlockable characters to be like in Melee/Brawl/3DS instead of almost whole cast, which characters would you choose?
:ultfalcon::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultmario::ultmarth::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultsamus::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi:
A character for each Nintendo series and Sonic to rep all 3rd parties
After replaying Mania a few times, I have decided Sonic might as well get cut if we don't even get the Hard Boiled Heavy boss theme
Cut Modern Sonic...for Classic and Boom Sonics

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
yeah i mean nintendo doesnt usually acknowledge stuff like that too much and like you said it is just a single day not suppose to be a week long thing but for whatever reason right now they have been addressing the health and sports day so... kinda suspicious. but like you said patterns and conspiracy thats all it is for now.
I'm totally just joking right now...BUT if tonight's update is Body Rock??? That's it full steam ahead for an Incineroar/Ken reveal at the end of this week lol

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think we all know who the best Sonic is.
Please No....

Ya know... on the topic of Sonic's design...
Pretty sure Sonic is one of the few retro guest characters in Smash who uses his modern design opposed to his classic one. Why do think that is? Was it mandatory by SEGA or does Sakurai prefer it over the original?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still 20 minutes until 10 am but after seeing this is the most recent tweet on NoA... I don't think we'll get anything Smash.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Blog theory is dumb because it implies they ain’t gonna do a dump after the final direct. Which we know they will.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Please No....

Pretty sure Sonic is one of the few retro guest characters in Smash who uses his modern design opposed to his classic one. Why do think that is? Was it mandatory by SEGA or does Sakurai prefer it over the original?
It’s probably because of the latter (almost the same reason for almost cutting Pac-Man involved his more recent design for TGA)

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Please No....

Well, Sakurai is the same guy who would've dropped Pac-Man being in Smash if Namco forced him to use his newer design for that cartoon.
My best guess is that he probably didn't see any issues with either of the designs of Classic and Modern Sonic, and felt either one would've worked. SEGA probably preferred the modern design, but in the end, I think he would've been fine with either.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Random question: If you could choose the unlockable characters to be like in Melee/Brawl/3DS instead of almost whole cast, which characters would you choose?
It would probably look like this...
:ultluigi::ultlucas::ultrichter::ultpichu::ultcloud::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultyounglink::ultwolf::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultkrool::ultgreninja::ultbowserjr::ultbayonetta::ultryu::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultjigglypuff::ultsnake::ultdoc::ultmewtwo::ultdarkpit::ultganondorf:
Well, Sakurai is the same guy who would've dropped Pac-Man being in Smash if Namco forced him to use his newer design for that cartoon.
My best guess is that he probably didn't see any issues with either of the designs of Classic and Modern Sonic, and felt either one would've worked. SEGA probably preferred the modern design, but in the end, I think he would've been fine with either.
That seems like a plausible theory, though my theory is because he looked like that when he started appearing on Nintendo consoles.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Has the smash announcement always come at 10:00 EST or something? Thought it happened any time during the day

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Is that Nintendo Live tournament going on right now?
I know we went through this with TBH but this is a Nintendo event, they may announce something there.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Alright slighlty changing my conspiracy, Body Rock OR Wii Fit.

Or something from Dr. Mario I guess but that doesn't fit with our current music pattern.
If the theme is Health and Sports due to Japanese holiday, Little Mac should be included since boxing is a sport and neither he or punch-out music have appeared on the blog yet.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
And Nothing...
It's Tomorrow. I can feel it
Directs are usually announced one day in advance.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Alright slighlty changing my conspiracy, Body Rock OR Wii Fit.

Or something from Dr. Mario I guess but that doesn't fit with our current music pattern.
We could have something from Dr. Mario: Mario has two icons in the music selection screen (one for mainline games, one for spin-offs), so maybe it'll be the one series to break the pattern as it technically is counted as two series music-wise. Agree that it's unlikely to happen, though (plus there's only so many times you can remix Chill/Fever, though that hasn't been a barrier for DK Island Swing...)

... and see you all in 24 hours for the next direct non-reveal!

LetterO

Smash Lord
It lines up with Street Fighter, Punch-Out, and Wii Fit.

. . . And, well, some others. . .

That still of Karate Joe shows up for a second in Remix 7 of Rhythm Heaven Fever. If they were gonna reference Karate Joe, I doubt they’d reference such a minor pose like this.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be really happy if this is true. but I think it may just be a coincidence.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
If the theme is Health and Sports due to Japanese holiday, Little Mac should be included since boxing is a sport and neither he or punch-out music have appeared on the blog yet.
Totally forgot about Little Mac, he could be our Wednesday night/Thursday morning reveal.

And now for music Body Rock/Wii Fit/Punch Out/or anything Health/Sports related would work.

Idk now there's so many possibilities that is it a pattern or a coincidence lol??? All of this, plus not hearing about a direct yet and I honestly don't expect a Smash direct to be dropped like a general direct, is making me lean towards just a trailer drop. Which is exciting for me because it's a step forward in killing the box.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Hey the last Famitsu article was two weeks ago right? Isabelle's on the 26th? So we should be getting a new one this week.

I don't think it will be revealed related at all, but it's something to look forward to!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ykw
I think it'd be neat if they randomly selected a single char for you to begin playing the game with, instead of the roster of 8
Your starting character is Wii Fit Trainer. Have fun!

Jokes aside, even though the random element could be fun, I want to have at least a little control over who I get to play as. Making over 60 characters unlockable is the farthest I'd take this.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ykw
I think it'd be neat if they randomly selected a single char for you to begin playing the game with, instead of the roster of 8
Ya Know? I like that
Direct not announced, another tortuous week incoming unless Robin/Lucina trailer

:(
Calm down, it's only Tuesday.
If we don't get anything by Friday, I would say to give up.
I'd keep an eye out on Thursday if I were you

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Ya Know? I like that

Calm down, it's only Tuesday.
If we don't get anything by Friday, I would say to give up.
I'd keep an eye out on Thursday if I were you
“If we don’t get anything by the end of the week, we’re not getting something this week”

No **** Sherlock. ;)

Well a direct is basically out of the question now so we gotta root for a trailer drop, which could be announced anytime before Friday.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
“If we don’t get anything by the end of the week, we’re not getting something this week”

No **** Sherlock. ;)

Well a direct is basically out of the question now so we gotta root for a trailer drop, which could be announced anytime before Friday.
A direct isn't out of the question. Last general direct was announced on Wednesday for Thursday.

Now I don't think one is likely because usually Smash directs and General ones are announced differently. But it's still a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom