• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This speculation cycle is starting to get tough.

True, this is the shortest cycle we’ve had, but this is also the cycle with the biggest droughts. Brawl updated the dojo every day - we didn’t always get characters, but we at least got something. Ditto Sm4sh. Even the Luigi’s Nose picture was a “oh look, they’re using jiggle physics!”

This round, the blog is just rehashing information we already know, so things seem to drag on as much as possible. I’d prefer hearing about minor things more often - we don’t even know if trophies are returning at this point.

Oh well: I’ve really found that looking back can hype you up a lot though. I like to rewatch the E3 “everyone is here” reveal - or check this thread page 1539 for live reactions or 2812 for the August direct reactions. Those always get me hyped back up.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Help me debunk the crud out of this garbage

(It was found on 4chan...)
It's still being passed off as leak, so I want you to treat it hard

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I....look I don't like patterns surrounding conspiracy theories but just for fun - what if we got something like Body Rock as our song for tomorrow and some other health/sports item/AT on Thursday (Healing Field? Anyone got any better ideas?) leading to a trailer drop on Friday for Incineroar/Ken...

Just being silly lol. I might have went harder for it if Health & Sports day was more of a week long celebration but from what I gather it's just on Monday.
I would kill for Body Rock in Smash. It's the most egregious WarioWare exclusion. So what I'm saying is....yes, please.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're past the point of a direct I think. But we have to wait for the full game anyway so why not wait for something to come this week. At least "until Friday" is easier to mentally process than "two Months."

Gotta take it in bite sized chunks

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I have to say, it feels nice seeing my current most wanted show up even in fake leaks. It doesn't happen as much as it used to. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I have to say, it feels nice seeing my current most wanted show up even in fake leaks. It doesn't happen as much as it used to. :laugh:
Yeah, it must feel good.
I barley even know how that feels, because my most wanted are such niche choices Lol
Again, there's always the possibility on Wednesday for news.
At least I have Megaman 11 to hold me over
Btw, How's that game? I'm considering picking it up

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I still blame how crappy this entire speculation cycle is completely on the blog. Rather than get little droplets of information every weekday to tide us over, all we really get is Directs, and we have zero clues when those happen. This blog is so damn bogus.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I still blame how crappy this entire speculation cycle is completely on the blog. Rather than get little droplets of information every weekday to tide us over, all we really get is Directs, and we have zero clues when those happen. This blog is so damn bogus.
I have to agree on this one. If they'd left the characters as the only thing they revealed and spread the items and assists out more.. that would have been a lot better.

Untouch

Smash Master
The information drought could have been solved by releasing some video footage every week or so, like they did with the K Rool footage.

NineS

Smash Lord
They could easily announce new Assist trophies and Pokemon through the blog instead of ones we already know, so I agree with you somewhat. Personally, I blame the fact that Sakurai decided to pull "Everyone Is Here!" for us. It was amazing, honestly, but without content to casually reveal and announce, everyone is focused on who could and should join, instead of who might be returning this time and who should along with who could be a newcomer.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
It's challenging but fun for the most part.
I've killed 5 of the 8 robot masters (Block, Bounce, Fuse, Acid and Torch) with the Buster. I've yet to nail down Bounce's pattern, and Torch Man's seems doable in theory but in practice falls apart with his changeups. Fuse Man is by far the most fun to fight with the Buster and without the Speed Gear.
I thought Bounce Man's stage was the hardest. Then I played Acid Man's stage. Then I played Torch Man's stage and game over'd at least 12 times.
Fuse Man's weapon is my favorite to use, with Bounce Man's in 2nd

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
They could easily announce new Assist trophies and Pokemon through the blog instead of ones we already know, so I agree with you somewhat. Personally, I blame the fact that Sakurai decided to pull "Everyone Is Here!" for us. It was amazing, honestly, but without content to casually reveal and announce, everyone is focused on who could and should join, instead of who might be returning this time and who should along with who could be a newcomer.
I honestly couldn't be happier. "Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, Greninja, Cloud and all characters that looked me wrong way are going to be cut 1000%" talk already got old before E3. Good riddance.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think they should have announced everyone up front but put up the trailers separately. That way you could get a YouTube Series out analysing the minutia.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
All they needed to do was NOT release all the character videos at once. That was a big mistake and killed a ton of speculation.

Imagine if every time we got a character update on the blog, it was our first time seeing that character's short trailer. Then we'd have a new video to analyze and discuss almost every day.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think they should have announced everyone up front but put up the trailers separately. That way you could get a YouTube Series out analysing the minutia.
It would be nice but I think it would lead dissappointment due to how little information some of them contain.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
It would be nice but I think it would lead dissappointment due to how little information some of them contain.
Most characters werent in the demo, so simply seeing them in a video would have been cool.

Itd be better than the almost zero amount of new info we get every week.
Today we could be talking about our first real look at doctor mario.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As least if that was the case, Just today we'd be super hype that Dr. Mario got a new Down Air.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I honestly couldn't be happier. "Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, Greninja, Cloud and all characters that looked me wrong way are going to be cut 1000%" talk already got old before E3. Good riddance.
Imagine if Sakurai had a bit of a sadistic side, and only revealed characters like they have through the blog. (Maybe having E3 at least reveal the original 12 (Since they're starters) along with Inkling and Ridley (Daisy not yet because Peach wouldn't have been revealed yet). Making us think this is a reboot but in fact everyone is here, but we wouldn't know that until closer to the release of the game.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah, assuming my Smash 4 Mains were Rosalina, Greninja, and Corrin, and all three of them we're potential visitors to the slaughter house, I'm so happy that everyone is back.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A big part of why this speculation cycle is so tough is because we've already seen every veteran and nearly every stage. Unlike PotD where we got random character and stage reveals to hold us over until another meaty Direct, we can't check Ultimate's blog tomorrow and say, "Hey, Cloud got back in! Glad they didn't cut him!"

Sadly, we already knew most of the game's content after E3.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A day in the life of a modern Smash fan told to us through the cast of the wonderful hit “plot-twist-at-the-end” movie, Signs:

Us be like before any sort of announcement comes clinging to what was foretold told to us in some dumb ass theory about ferns, blogs, or something.

This is all of us watching for any Direct announcement that we believe will come for sure. Had to tape over questionable content to record our reactions.

Us finally reading something about something about Nintendo but surprised to see it was was about a fitness punching game.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Help me debunk the crud out of this garbage

(It was found on 4chan...)
It's still being passed off as leak, so I want you to treat it hard
Well, first of all Skull Kid is standing straight up which just looks ****ing ridiculous by any account.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, we all basically know each other's most wanted fighters. But what about echoes?
Who's your most wanted Echo?

I want Roll as an echo of Mega Man, as a fun reference to Marvel VS. Capcom.
I would prefer Protoman myself. But if Mega Man ever got an Echo, I'd want them to use the Custom versions of his specials, since they would be similar, but different enough to make them stand out even more. Protoman could be a more lightweight but faster Mega Man who only shoots two lemons at a time, similar to Mega Man 9 and 10 in some ways.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Just a minor tip that might help some, some might ignore it helped me at least:

Assume we will get only one major announcement on november. Nothing else, no news on october.

That way youll be alright for october.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
First tweet of the day

Yeah nope 10,000% not happening

*chants* Trailer trailer trailer trailer!!
It's at least the second tweet of the day.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would prefer Protoman myself. But if Mega Man ever got an Echo, I'd want them to use the Custom versions of his specials, since they would be similar, but different enough to make them stand out even more. Protoman could be a more lightweight but faster Mega Man who only shoots two lemons at a time, similar to Mega Man 9 and 10 in some ways.
But the whole reason echoes exist is that they don't require balancing. If his specials and/or stats are different, that would require additional work.

Last edited:

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
This thread right now:
Spongebob.gif

Is it possible that an announcement happens at noon, or have all of the previous ones been at 10 EST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom