• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, how many people here think they can get used to Marth's English voice now? I can (Japanese was good, though).
Not gonna lie, I actually prefer Hikaru Midorikawa's performance. Mainly because I heard Yuri Lowenthal in so many roles that, his range feels less broad than it should be.

KMDP

Smash Legend
...I wonder if they'll bring back the Bonuses.

It'd be... interesting if you had to unlock someone by getting the Switzerland bonus.
---
That aside, I can definitely see one of :ultdoc:'s Unlock Conditions being using the Healing Field item to heal someone x number of times.

link2702

Smash Champion
...I wonder if they'll bring back the Bonuses.

It'd be... interesting if you had to unlock someone by getting the Switzerland bonus.
---
That aside, I can definitely see one of :ultdoc:'s Unlock Conditions being using the Healing Field item to heal someone x number of times.
I actually want the bonuses to return. I’d also like the match mode where the point is to get the highest bonus points return as well. It was a neat touch in smash64’s single player, and was greatly expanded on in melee, but then just up and abandoned from brawl onwards. Kinda like how board the platforms was ditched, which sucked bc I honestly liked it more than break the targets.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I actually want the bonuses to return. I’d also like the match mode where the point is to get the highest bonus points return as well. It was a neat touch in smash64’s single player, and was greatly expanded on in melee, but then just up and abandoned from brawl onwards. Kinda like how board the platforms was ditched, which sucked bc I honestly liked it more than break the targets.
The bonuses getting pulled was really random. I mean so was Board the Platforms but I imagine a stage for that for every character is a bit more complex than a point generator.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So how would people feel if this was the remaining roster + early DLC?

From Left to Right: Dante (Devil May Cry), Geno (Super Mario RPG), Hero (Dragon Quest), Incineroar (Pokemon Sun/Moon), Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2), Steve (Minecraft), Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog - Echo Fighter), and Ken (Street Fighter - Echo Fighter).

Attachments

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

From Left to Right: Dante (Devil May Cry), Geno (Super Mario RPG), Hero (Dragon Quest), Incineroar (Pokemon Sun/Moon), Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2), Steve (Minecraft), Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog - Echo Fighter), and Ken (Street Fighter - Echo Fighter).
That's one of those "too damn good to be true" rosters, so you bet I'd lose my mind over this.

LetterO

Smash Lord

Replace Hero with Chorus Kids and Dante with Phoenix Wright and you got a deal

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I'm really hoping for Isaac for DLC and if he was passed up by all of those for both base AND DLC I'd be a little disappointed in the DLC. Still, the game would be great with or without DLC so y'know. Neutral.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Unfortunately I dislike every single one of those choices except Incineroar. Technically I have no ill will to Hero and Dante atm or something, but I either do not favor em, do not care for em, or just don't like em completely. I still only generally care about Phosphora, Medusa, and Monster Hunter if anything. Alas, if that had to be the roster, consider me heavily disappointed, and I'd be stuck with Pit, Bowser, and Palutena as my characters, maybe K.Rool too.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Wow RIP leak thread.

Either way, I hope we get all the remaining info in October because I don't know if I can take another full month of no info...

bbybae

Smash Cadet
I really wish it’s like a collecting method to unlock characters. I want characters to be given out as rewards like how loot boxes are in other games - though without the negative attachments to them.

So characters like Shadow, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Dixie Kong, Medusa, Octoling, Ken, and Impa all seem to be accepted ideas for Echoes but what are people’s feelings in regards to this list?

Zack Fair (Cloud)
Hikari and Donne (Ice Climbers)
Shadow Mewtwo (Mewtwo)
Demise (Ganondorf)
Dry Bowser (Bowser)
Celica (Robin)
Paper Mario (Mario)
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
Masked Man (Claus) (Metaknight)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Skull Kid (Lucas)
Paper Mario could NEVER be a mario clone. it makes absolutely no sense if you've played the games, and the first two are some of my favorite games ever.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Why not both?

October: Lucina/Robin style reveal
November: Smash Direct

That should keep you guys fed. :p
Yeah any morsel of info would be fine but I think it's time for another info dump. I like the idea that it's in Nintendo's best interest to reveal the full roster and any remaining modes in October so they can advertise it throughout November. Also by that point review copies will be sent out which greatly increases the possibility of full leaks. I'll still read them because I just want to know everything ASAP but tbh I'd rather have the info from Nintendo themselves...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Paper Mario could NEVER be a mario clone. it makes absolutely no sense if you've played the games, and the first two are some of my favorite games ever.
I said the same thing about Dark Samus before Smash 4. And Daisy supporters said the same thing, too :/. And I’m pretty sure Dixie supporters are still fighting tooth and nail to convince people Dixie would be better off as an original character. And Impa fans. And any other fans of characters who could potentially be Echoes.
And everyone thought Isabelle would be an Echo.

I would somewhat agree though that those two are somewhat different. Just wanted to provide a clear distinction between obvious clones (Shadow and Ken) and those who wouldn’t make sense being Echoes.

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
Haven't been able to check this thread in the last two days, anything significant happen besides what Sakurai wrote in his latest famitsu article?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I lived *******.

Man it's good to be back. While I'll kinda miss the leak thread, I definitely won't miss having to deal with rabid theorists (Good call Cyn Cyn ). I've definitely learned to appreciate all of your guy's sensibility.

So, did I miss anything significant while I was gone?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Haven't been able to check this thread in the last two days, anything significant happen besides what Sakurai wrote in his latest famitsu article?
Lucario was revealed as a veteran. Never saw that coming.

Also, I just saw this. Is this an actual thing in the States or is this a Japan-only Cola thing?

E13A31AC-EA2C-41E4-B6C2-3C595354AC4D.jpeg

I might grab one later to check it out. Not sure if it’s good or not.

"Lucario is the only fighter whose attack power increases as it takes damage."

RIP Rage?
I think they were referring it to being the character’s mechanic as no one has that. And it has a more profound aspect of the character like his Aura Sphere getting bigger.

Unless I missed something, Donkey Kong doesn’t expand when he gets damaged.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Lucario was revealed as a veteran. Never saw that coming.

Also, I just saw this. Is this an actual thing in the States or is this a Japan-only thing?

View attachment 166990
I might grab one later to check it out. Not sure if it’s good or not.

I think they were referring it to being the character’s mechanic as no one has that. And it has a more profound aspect of the character like his Aura Sphere getting bigger.

Unless I missed something, Donkey Kong doesn’t expand when he gets damaged.
We've got a lot of Coca-cola variants, but I've yet to see a coffee mix.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The leak thread had it comin'. Like, that place became a toxic fight cage really, really fast.

Last edited:

Chrono.

"Lucario is the only fighter whose attack power increases as it takes damage."

RIP Rage?
Rage is still very much a thing (at least was in the E3 build). There's also that Rage Blaster item that works with it.

The wording on the blog is just bad.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh no.
Rip Leak Thread-
The discussion there were better-

Well ahem, as long as we don't talk about Goku, Rex/Pyra, Echoes being newcomers or not and Characters Sexuality. This will be fine

time to make a post with all of that

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anything is possible, but it doesn't make much sense to have a CGI trailer feature those two for no reason.
I kind of figure on the idea based on Ken and Incineroar being involved around fighting with their reveal being shown on the Boxing Ring stage and Little Mac being the next victim after Mega Man, Mario, Luigi and King Dedede.

I suppose your right though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well I really appreciated the peace and quite we had here for the past few days, but alas, all good things must come to an end.

I can't say I'm excited for all the conversation here to go back to arguing about leaks and theories.

D

Deleted member

Oh. The Leak thread got RIP'ed huh. To be honest, I kinda saw it coming after it became pretty much General 2.0. I didn't wanna be that guy, but the thread sure as hell felt like it, so it just felt like a matter of time. :yoshi:

That being said, however, I want to reiterate a point I made in that thread to make sure if anyone wants to avoid any potential leaks.
Since Sakurai said that they're almost complete with development, expect the game to go gold by the middle to near-end of October. We're kinda in the same dev cycle period that Smash Wii U had where the game was complete around the end-ish of October and had all of November for shipment readying and commercial promotion, what have you.

I expect something related to Smash Ultimate some time around October 15th-28th. That seems like a reasonable timeframe. After then, all bets are off and leaks will have much more of a chance of happening around November. Someone could get an early copy like before, with Smash 3DS, and it's even been happening now with the outrageous selling prices with Super Mario Party that just happened. Expect November to be the Danger Zone.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well I really appreciated the peace and quite we had here for the past few days, but alas, all good things must come to an end.

I can't say I'm excited for all the conversation here to go back to arguing about leaks and theories.
We can shut down conversation about theories with a lovely thing I created called Nihilist Theory.

It posits that every theory is based on circumstantial evidence and are therefore all false. So, believe whatever you want to believe about the game and don't push your opinion on others.

It's perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom