• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
All these people using the leak's contents to discredit it, but am I the only one who thinks the biggest red flag about that theory is that they assume that the top author at a company like Prima, and someone who has done his job for many many years and written guides for many many triple A games, would go on ****ing Smashboards and leak the entire game? Like, what motivation would he ever have to do so, the GameFAQs dude says he's retiring soon, but there is such a thing as professional dignity. Sure, the leak is unrealistic enough to discard it anyways, but the idea that someone like him would come here to leak everything is the craziest thing about it.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Looks like another typhoon is heading our way and will be over Japan by tomorrow. Looks to be comparable or larger to the one that rolled through a few weeks ago. This one is number 24.

Everything should be fine over where I live. It seems it will make landfall near to where they had massive flooding in July...

Last edited:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I do not know who had the Idea of 3 represents of each third parties but I like it.

Konami: has 3 represents

BandaiNamco: Pac Man, Guilmon

Capcom: Ryu, MegaMan, Chris Redfield?

Microsoft: Banjo Kazooie, Minecraft Stage (it is the same as with Labo. Great frenchise to have stages and items but nothing more)

Ubisoft: Rayman, Alexios (because it is the latest protagonist of thier best franchises that was released on a Nintendo console, alternate it could be Ratonhnhaké:ton Kenway. AC3 was released world wide on WiiU), Starlink Character?

Activison Blizzard: Crash (because Haha-Sony), Diablo (why not? more claws i need), (no Overwatch fighter because no Overwatch on Nintendo consoles)

Bethesda: Doomslayer, Dragonborn, Vault-Boy as AT?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Looks like another typhoon is heading our way and will be over Japan by tomorrow. Looks to be comparable or larger to the one that rolled through a few weeks ago. This one is number 24.

Everything should be fine over where I live. It seems it will make landfall near to where they had massive flooding in July...
Man, Japan just can't catch a break, huh?
BandaiNamco: Pac Man, Guilmon
Guilmon?

If they picked any Digimon it would obviously be Agumon, Digimon's mascot and most well-known character.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
A Blizzard rep would be really cool.. I'd love to see Kel'Thuzad even though that's never gonna happen in a million years lol

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Guilmon?

If they picked any Digimon it would obviously be Agumon, Digimon's mascot and most well-known character.
Looking at the user's avatar and name he seems to be a big fan of Guilmon and its Digivolution line.

Last edited:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but I prefer Agumon with his Evoline from Savers, GeoGreymon > RizeGreymon > Ultimate Level could be WarGreymon or ShyneGreymon.
GeoGreymon is more bestial and not only a fat dino that was minimized after first Adventure movie.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
>10 newcomers
>4 Echoes
>Sakurai who talked about muh body type to justify Isabelle inclusion as an Not-echo would give Black Knight the guy going full Armor the same attributes as Ike

lol- also wasn't the leak the one missing Starman AT and Inkling in their Characters list?
I noticed that as well which is why I am not 100% certain about the Prima Leak unless he had forgotten to put them in.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
So, if you were in charge of completely changing the movesets of :ultlink: and :ultsamus: how would you change them?
Link would have a crossbow on his arm and would fire rapid shots with B. Down B he pulls out a bombchu that runs along the ground. Forward B is a boomerang that flies around the world (meaning it comes back to you from the other side of the screen.) Up B is a long snake like Lucas has that can grab onto ledges and whap people in the head if no ledge is nearby. Also, Link has a wooden walking cane now instead of a sword. A slices with the cane— 1, 2, 3, before an infinite cane stab loop. Forward A is a sideways swipe with the cane. Up A is where Link puts the cane on the ground, pulls himself up onto it, and hops a little bit. Down A is where Link sits down to enjoy the scenery a bit. It hurts no one. Forward smash A— Link spins the cane around like his old up B move, but on the ground. Up smash A— Link waves his cane around like a madman, causing multiple hits. Down smash A— Link rests more peacefully, encouraging others in the vicinity to sit and rest with him. All air A moves are varieties of him using that Lucas snake as a whip. Link’s grab would be him wrapping his entire body around the opponent like a snake. Each A press is a squeeze. Up throw is a bite to the neck, then upwards throw. Other directions are similar.

Samus would only be able to fire those little balls of energy she has. No charging. (B). Her forward B when held while running will build her run charge. When it’s full, she can down B to turn into a nyan cat to save her charge. Then, when she jumps and presses forward B again, either as a nyan cat or not, she will charge at full glowing neon triple Samuses speed into an opponent. It will hurt a lot. Her down B turns her into a nyan cat that can leave behind damaging rainbows with each successive B hold, while in nyan cat form. Her up B is her ship comes in for a bit and she rides it up. Maybe a mini version of her ship. Her A combo is an eye poke, then a nose squeeze, then a slap down the hand holding the nose. Forward A is an ice beam. Up A is a wavy, wiggly blue beam that doesn’t shoot that far. Down A causes her to scan a nearby opponent she’s facing, making them receive more damage when she hits them for a limited time. Air A moves are grabs, which only work if they connect. Down A air is a pile driver, forward A air is a power bomb, up A air is an air suplex, neutral A air is the exception— doing that attack will cause one random country’s central bank to fall out of the sky and land on the opponent’s head, spiking them if they’re over 100%. Forward smash is a judo chop. Up smash is like Ganondorf’s old Up smash move, but she punches as well. Down smash is a scan that affects the proximate area, making her attacks even stronger against potentially more people than her down A does. Her ground grabs when they connect will have her running around the opponent until a direction is pushed. Tap A to kick a stone at the opponent while you have them trapped this way. Up throw is a quick up kick like her up smash. Down throw sends them through the bottom of the floor through the bottom of the stage and back in through the top of the stage, until they hit the next closest surface. Forward throw she kicks them forward like a soccer goalie trying to clear the ball— she puts her hand over her visor to keep the sun out of her eyes and to see where the ‘ball’ lands. Back throw is like Sonic’s back throw but she spins with them farther and she will not stop at the ledge— she will let go in midair at some point and throw them, if she is with them in midair, so that she has a chance to recover after this move. Misplacement with it is not necessarily an insta self destruct.

I wasn’t planning on writing this much :/

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Mach Rider is not in. If they were, then Sakurai wouldn’t have shown us the Mach Rider music in the Others section, also there was no other Mach Rider music besides that one track. Also Black Knight and Black Shadow probably wouldn’t work under Sakurai’s criteria for echoes. Also we’re not getting ten more characters.

Shroob

Sup?
That's one thing that should raise a red flag to anyone.

Sakurai literally just laid out why Isabelle wasn't an echo fighter due to her different body proportions to Villager.

In what universe is jacked as all hell Black Shadow the same body size as Falcon? He's way closer to Dorf, but slightly less beefy and I really doubt we're getting cross-series Echoes.

And I don't even think I need to comment on Black Knight compared to Ike. With all that armor? No, not happening.

Last edited:

iruchii

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I keep seeing both wishlists and fake leaks with echoes that are wildly different in body proportions to the characters they're based on.

With that said, I'm still holding out for Malos as a Shulk echo and setting myself up for easy disappointment.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
On the three third party reps of my choice:

Konami: Snake, Simon, Bomberman
SEGA: Sonic, Beat, Vyse
CAPCOM: Megaman, Ryu, Phoenix Wright
Bandai Namco: Pac-Man, Heihachi Mishima, Lloyd Irving
Square-Enix: Cloud, Neku, Jade.
SNK: Terry Bogard, Kyo Kusanagi, Athena Asamiya.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, the person who made that thread on Gamefaqs literally made their account the same day as the original leaker and is hardcore championing the Smashboards post as being "TOTES REAL", going so far to inject stuff like "Well like, the Prima leak is totally legit now!" or "Yeah well, the Prima leak's real so..." in places where it doesn't even belong. Like, all they've done is post and make threads about the Prima leak being 'real', sorry but no, that's not even ****ing suspicious, that's just sad.

Sorry, but it's ****ing fake. The entire Prima "Leak" is a giant hoax and should not be taken seriously unless we actually catch wind of Vault Boy being in, end of discussion. The fact that the original poster's birthday was April Fool's day should have given it away, but if that didn't, this.... not even suspicious but frankly pathetic, action of this user does.

We have literally gotten two things from Sakurai himself about:

Echo Fighters in regards to body shape/size

and

Slowing down the newcomer reveals.

If Isabelle is too distant from Villager, there is no way in hell Black Knight is getting in as an Echo of Ike. Or Black Shadow of Falcon, for that matter.

And we have TWO months left until the game comes out. 10+ characters in 2 months would require two Directs, which goes completely in the face of what Sakurai just said of "Slowing down" reveals. Even the blog theory, for as much as I disagree with it, never had the nerve to say 10 characters, it's illogical, and I imagine most people with a functioning brain could figure that one out.

The person who made the Prima "Leak" is just going around on Gamefaqs trying to get the idiotic masses to believe their leak, nothing to see here, folks.

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Also, the person who made that thread on Gamefaqs literally made their account today and is hardcore championing the Smashboards post as being "TOTES REAL", going so far to inject stuff like "Well like, the Prima leak is totally legit now!" or "Yeah well, the Prima leak's real so..." in places where it doesn't even belong. Like, all they've done is post and make threads about the Prima leak being 'real', sorry but no, that's not even ****ing suspicious, that's just sad.

Sorry, but it's ****ing fake. The entire Prima "Leak" is a giant hoax and should not be taken seriously unless we actually catch wind of Vault Boy being in, end of discussion.

The person who made the Prima "Leak" is just going around on Gamefaqs trying to get the idiotic masses to believe their leak, nothing to see here, folks.
He didn't make his account today but he did make it the same day that the original leaker created his account on SmashBoards (September 15) so that's a potential red flag there as well.

Shroob

Sup?
He didn't make his account today but he did make it the same day that the original leaker created his account on SmashBoards (September 15) so that's a potential red flag there as well.
Thanks.

That actually should end discussion entirely.

The fact that he just happened to sign up to both Smashboards and Gamefaqs the same day and now is hardcore championing the leak?

That's not suspicious at all.

Of course, I'm not even going to give him the benefit of the doubt, it's the same guy.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also we’re not getting ten more characters.
Absolutely.

Sakurai literally just said in his Famitsu Column: "…We may have gone a little bit overboard up until now, so we’re going to slow our pace from here on out."

In order for us to get 10 more characters, we'd have to get two Smash Directs both with 5 characters a piece, this is probably not happening.

Koopaul

Smash Champion

Is that normal? I'm no one to say what is or isn't common weather for Japan, but that seems like a lot. Has this been an exceptionally bad year for Japan?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Was there always a button on the main page of smashbros.com saying "How to Buy->" or is it something new?

I only just noticed it

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, with thanks from Mr. "Leaker" himself and his insistence on shoving his leak down others throats, I'd say it's very safe to toss the Prima "Leak" in the trash forever.

Now let's hope the REAL Prima Guide drops early November.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/skullo_mania_joins_the_cast_of_snk_heroines_tag_team_frenzy

Okay, SNK Heroines' guest inclusions are getting weird. I'm not sure if this makes a Fighting EX Layer character elligible or not in the future.

Oh, no wonder Sakurai said news would slow down.

Good grief, Hokkaido just barely recovered, can't this month just go by without mass people suffering over there?

Shroob

Sup?

KMDP

Smash Legend
So yeah, with thanks from Mr. "Leaker" himself and his insistence on shoving his leak down others throats, I'd say it's very safe to toss the Prima "Leak" in the trash forever.

Because Will Will is not here to do so...

Shroob

Sup?
The Prima leaker is the Todd Howard of leakers.

Except he's instead trying to force you into buying his leaks instead of Skyrim.

D

Deleted member

I would never stop laughing if it somehow turned out to be real.

Also, time for a fun fact: did you know that before Robin and Lucina were revealed for Smash 4 a GameFaqs thread was made that said they would both be playable instead of him? It never got any traction and by the time people found it, it was already archived so I doubt anyone can fimd the thread right now, but I remember it being linked in the Leaks group back in the day.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
And with Chrom being in Smash now, we only need one more FE character in order to do an all-FE 8-player Smash w/ different characters.

:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultchrom: + who?
Rumors are Celica. Personal pick would be Anna since she's in every game in the series and could have a fun moveset. I'd also take Camilla because I like her and she has a big axe.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>sees leak thread gets locked

Why am I not surprised? I mentioned that we would have that thread locked due to a goddamn amount of toxiciness AND many arguments that just happened there. But at least, that's wise decision to do so, feels like that place was growing into 2.0 version of generals. AND the fact that there isn't legit leaks lately other than ken leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why am I not surprised? I mentioned that we would have that thread locked due to a goddamn amount of toxiciness AND many arguments that just happened there. But at least, that's wise decision to do so, feels like that place was growing into 2.0 version of generals. AND the fact that there isn't legit leaks lately other than ken leak.
Yeah, I feel like I understood why it got locked in the past, never truly realized hpw much that place went off-topic until now.
This feels a lot like a way for the mods to say "see?" to us so we could shut up about Leaks. I still say keep the OP of that thread updated with major leaks though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I feel like I understood why it got locked in the past, never truly realized hpw much that place went off-topic until now.
This feels a lot like a way for the mods to say "see?" to us so we could shut up about Leaks. I still say keep the OP of that thread updated with major leaks though.
The Leak thread would have best served it's purpose about two months ago, when "leaks" were a dime a dozen.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I really don't understand how people couldn't just leave the thread and talk here...why was it so hard to separate that as a leak thread instead of a general discussion thread?

Just thinking out loud here, but I think if we didn't normalize talking about leaks in the general discussion, people would understand not to have general discussion in the leak thread. But that's what everyone was used to. Anyway it is what it is, hope no one gets spoiled if they don't want to.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I feel like a beautiful era filled with memories was suddenly closed with the leak thread locked now.

It was the only thread I kept track of page-by-page because of the enjoyable people there.

I felt a difference discussing in the leaks thread than with this thread, especially when it came to dissecting leaks.

I am kind of disappointed, but it was to be expected. :(

Potato_

Smash Lord
I feel like a beautiful era filled with memories was suddenly closed with the leak thread locked now.

It was the only thread I kept track of page-by-page because of the enjoyable people there.

I felt a difference discussing in the leaks thread than with this thread, especially when it came to dissecting leaks.

I am kind of disappointed, but it was to be expected. :(
Think of it this way, there's even more good people in this thread.

Also too many arguments had been breaking out lately in that other thread due to going offtopic, I'm not surprised they decided to pull the plug. As long as we keep stuff in spoiler tags (Do we have to keep stuff like Vergeben comments in spoiler tags mods?) then we can still discuss the same things.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I really wish it’s like a collecting method to unlock characters. I want characters to be given out as rewards like how loot boxes are in other games - though without the negative attachments to them.
Is the RNG one of those negative attachments? Because there's no way I want to unlock characters with some gashapon system like you do for trophies.

So characters like Shadow, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Dixie Kong, Medusa, Octoling, Ken, and Impa all seem to be accepted ideas for Echoes but what are people’s feelings in regards to this list?

Zack Fair (Cloud)
Hikari and Donne (Ice Climbers)
Shadow Mewtwo (Mewtwo)
Demise (Ganondorf)
Dry Bowser (Bowser)
Celica (Robin)
Paper Mario (Mario)
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
Masked Man (Claus) (Metaknight)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Skull Kid (Lucas)
Fine.
Who?
Fine.
The last thing I want is for there to be another non-F-Zero character with part of Captain Falcon's moveset. No Ganondorf echoes until they fix him.
Fine.
Who?
Fine(still should have been Dr. Mario though).
Fine.
No.
No.
No.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Also, the person who made that thread on Gamefaqs literally made their account the same day as the original leaker and is hardcore championing the Smashboards post as being "TOTES REAL", going so far to inject stuff like "Well like, the Prima leak is totally legit now!" or "Yeah well, the Prima leak's real so..." in places where it doesn't even belong. Like, all they've done is post and make threads about the Prima leak being 'real', sorry but no, that's not even ****ing suspicious, that's just sad.

Sorry, but it's ****ing fake. The entire Prima "Leak" is a giant hoax and should not be taken seriously unless we actually catch wind of Vault Boy being in, end of discussion. The fact that the original poster's birthday was April Fool's day should have given it away, but if that didn't, this.... not even suspicious but frankly pathetic, action of this user does.

We have literally gotten two things from Sakurai himself about:

Echo Fighters in regards to body shape/size

and

Slowing down the newcomer reveals.

If Isabelle is too distant from Villager, there is no way in hell Black Knight is getting in as an Echo of Ike. Or Black Shadow of Falcon, for that matter.

And we have TWO months left until the game comes out. 10+ characters in 2 months would require two Directs, which goes completely in the face of what Sakurai just said of "Slowing down" reveals. Even the blog theory, for as much as I disagree with it, never had the nerve to say 10 characters, it's illogical, and I imagine most people with a functioning brain could figure that one out.

To add to your agruement, it's quite possible David S J Hodgson may have been the one behind this Prima leak. I mean......He has created strategy. Please take a look at this: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77047349

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom