• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd say Toon Link because:
1-No kicks. Ravio's dress thingy would really mess that up
2-More wacky animations. Yink is more "realistic" compared to Tink and Ravio would fit that cartoonish style a lot more.
The kicks are something I overlooked, Toon probably would work better.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

This needs a response this is the best
Ya know, I try never to use the cliche that something ruined by childhood--no matter how bad something is, my childhood has always remained intact. This video traveled back in time and sucker punched 5-year-old me playing Super Mario 64.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Glad that literally the only thing I did in the leak thread before it was closed is praise young thug.

It did seem kind of pointless as a thread though. Almost all speculation at this point in the hype cycle surrounds leaks or at least takes them into account so it's kind of pointless to have leak and non leak specualtion threads. Oh well, another footnote in the history of hype.
I never understood people who cling to fanbases as huge and rabid as Smash and somehow expect to never be exposed to any spoilers ever. Even a casual googling reveals tons of small publications that run with credible leaks to the front page of search results. So why they have to turn this thread into a ghost town for the illusion of safety is beyond me.

The only way to avoid leaks is to stay off the internet. Good luck with that.

But that's just my opinion.

D

Deleted member

I never understood people who cling to fanbases as huge and rabid as Smash and somehow expect to never be exposed to any spoilers ever. Even a casual googling reveals tons of small publications that run with credible leaks to the front page of search results. So why they have to turn this thread into a ghost town for the illusion of safety is beyond me.

The only way to avoid leaks is to stay off the internet. Good luck with that.

But that's just my opinion.
Its possible. I never got spoiled for the Ryu DLC so it blew my mind when it was released lol. It was because once the game came out, I didnt care to do research on it anymore. After the DLC with Ryu, though, then I started paying attention again lol.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

This needs a response this is the best
Nah.
Worst Bowsette design. Weird animations (especially the crawling).
Black stars is cool tho, so is fireballs in 64, except that it seems broken and looks wrong on dive.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
You can wish for her...I wish for View attachment 167003View attachment 167003

I think she looks taller due to Link consistently being on his knees in this game...View attachment 167003 (I just wanted to use her again)

Idk, I don't think Viridi could even echo Palutena. If Isabelle's bodytype was too different from Villager's to work as an echo, I highly doubt Viridi would work. But then again, she could still be a semi-clone or something. Guess we'll find out who of the two makes it in, if any at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With Lucario on the blog today, how many characters is that left to go?

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Speaking of echoes.. this should happen :)

I agree - Would be nice to have a villian in Kid Icarus series - Some minor tweeks for Medusa she can completely be an echo. I would think this probably would have been revealed like sooner and/or earlier but guses not.

Also on the DLC how much DLC you guys think we are going to get for Ultimate? Its early in the switch's life. I think 10 Unique fighters with a lot of Echos I don't know an exact number but yeah quite a bit of echos since they are a bit easier to do. hmm

Last edited:

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
I do not know who had the Idea of 3 represents of each third parties but I like it.

Konami: has 3 represents

BandaiNamco: Pac Man, Guilmon

Capcom: Ryu, MegaMan, Chris Redfield?

Microsoft: Banjo Kazooie, Minecraft Stage (it is the same as with Labo. Great frenchise to have stages and items but nothing more)

Ubisoft: Rayman, Alexios (because it is the latest protagonist of thier best franchises that was released on a Nintendo console, alternate it could be Ratonhnhaké:ton Kenway. AC3 was released world wide on WiiU), Starlink Character?

Activison Blizzard: Crash (because Haha-Sony), Diablo (why not? more claws i need), (no Overwatch fighter because no Overwatch on Nintendo consoles)

Bethesda: Doomslayer, Dragonborn, Vault-Boy as AT?
Bandia Namco: Pacman, Taizo Hori (digdug), Heihachi
Konami: Snake, Simon, Bomberman
Capcom: Megaman, Ryu, protoman
Square enix: Geno, Cloud, Slime
Microsoft: Banjo kazooie, steve, master chief
Ubisoft: rayman
Sony: Crash
Bethesda:Vault Boy, Doomslayer, ?
Naughtydog: Daxter, Jak, Rachet and Clank

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Never. After seeing Bowserette Nintendo and Sakurai have delayed the game indefinitely.
No seriously, stop, Bowsette is getting annoying...

When you get bought out by a multibillion dollar company you kind of lose your indie label. :p
Not really, He still started out as an Indie... It's his roots...
I do not know who had the Idea of 3 represents of each third parties but I like it.

Konami: has 3 represents

BandaiNamco: Pac Man, Guilmon

Capcom: Ryu, MegaMan, Chris Redfield?

Microsoft: Banjo Kazooie, Minecraft Stage (it is the same as with Labo. Great frenchise to have stages and items but nothing more)

Ubisoft: Rayman, Alexios (because it is the latest protagonist of thier best franchises that was released on a Nintendo console, alternate it could be Ratonhnhaké:ton Kenway. AC3 was released world wide on WiiU), Starlink Character?

Activison Blizzard: Crash (because Haha-Sony), Diablo (why not? more claws i need), (no Overwatch fighter because no Overwatch on Nintendo consoles)

Bethesda: Doomslayer, Dragonborn, Vault-Boy as AT?
Konami: Snake, Simon, Bonk
Bandai Namco: Pac-Man, Heihachi, Lloyd
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta, Segata Sanshiro
Capcom: Ryu, Mega Man, Phoenix Wright,
Microsoft: Steve (Minecraft Deserves a Character And You Know It), Master Chief, Rash (Battletoads ftw)
Ubisoft: Rayman, Ezio (Was he ever on a Nintendo Console?), Jade
Activision Blizzard: Crash, WoW Character, Tracer
Bethesda: Dragonborn, Vault Boy, Doom Guy
Sony: Parappa The Rapper, Kratos, Sackboy
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa, Fatal Frame Protagonist, Kasumi
Square Enix: Cloud, Slime, Bub & Bob

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
With Lucario on the blog today, how many characters is that left to go?
24 veterans, too lazy to list lol. At 3 a week that's 8 weeks, but I think we have 10 weeks left? I don't see us as actually having 3 a week though...my guess is there are 27 total left including 3 unrevealed newcomers.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What kind of Indie is owned by Microsoft for 2.5 billions?
When you get bought out by a multibillion dollar company you kind of lose your indie label. :p
But that doesn't really erase how it started out. Everyone has a come up, and Minecraft before the buyout was very successful as an indie title; which is what led to the buyout.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I agree - Would be nice to have a villian in Kid Icarus series - Some minor tweeks for Medusa she can completely be an echo. I would think this probably would have been revealed like sooner and/or earlier but guses not.

Also on the DLC how much DLC you guys think we are going to get for Ultimate? Its early in the switch's life. I think 10 Unique fighters with a lot of Echos I don't know an exact number but yeah quite a bit of echos since they are a bit easier to do. hmm
Probably gonna go the seasons route like Street Fighter, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Tekken and every other major Japanese fighting game is doing.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The amount of people not picking Phoenix Wright as their third Capcom rep after how tied to Nintendo he is breaks my heart.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The amount of people not picking Phoenix Wright as their third Capcom rep after how tied to Nintendo he is breaks my heart.
I guess it's been kinda long since the last Ace Attorney game.

Also, it's crazy how close we are to page 5000.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Personally I think DLC will be split between two categories: 3rd party with stages attached and individual Nintendo Newcomers & the remaining 15+ stages.

As for Nintendo newcomers, I think they would either be ballot remainders like Bandanna Dee and Isaac and promotional ones for newer games like Edelgarde from Three Houses, Rex/Pyra from Xenoblade 2, Spring Man and Gen 8 Pokemon (Meltan?)

Final prediction, I can also see them supplementing DLC with additional echos who would be free to people subscribed to Nintendo's online.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
So this is where we're all back to now that the leaks thread was locked. (RIP 2k18-2k18 you will maybe be missed)

I trust nothing is new other than more fake leaks

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Idk, I don't think Viridi could even echo Palutena. If Isabelle's bodytype was too different from Villager's to work as an echo, I highly doubt Viridi would work. But then again, she could still be a semi-clone or something. Guess we'll find out who of the two makes it in, if any at all.
As long as we get a new Kid Icarus character, we can consider it a win
Technically this is rule 34 of rule 63.
Not enough rules

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Leak threads are good for people who want an update on all the current leaks, but once we have a drought without any notable rumors, they basically lose all of their purpose. You can only talk about a single leak so much before people get bored out of their minds.
Then stop going to it until the next leak. Don't just start having off topic discussion in it because people feel like they're doing something wrong if there isn't a new post every 15 seconds...

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I hope this means fake leaks still get posted in here from time to time. Some of those were a rollicking good time.

D

Deleted member

Real talk, now that I think about it, Ultima Weapon would be one of the most likely FF bosses... though it would use its FFVII which is meh. Well, after you
I'll do a boss list for some franchise since I'm in the mood for it. All stages are flat like Dracula's and Rathalos's unless specified otherwise, this really is only for the background:
:ultmario: Return of Petey(fought in Delfino Plaza) and King Boo is added(fights with other Boos helping. Tends to become intangible. Fought on Boo Mansion)
:ultlink: Guardian(runs across the stage attacking players with ancient weapons such as the axe, spear and sword, and will occasionally fire off laser that result in a OHKO if hit. Fought on Central Hyrule Field)
:ultsamus:Kraid(the largest of all bosses, based on his Super Metroid fight. Fought on Brinstar, only boss with platforms for obvious reasons.)
:ultpikachu:Return of Rayquaza(fought on Kalos Pokemon League) and Arceus(uses moves of all types and will change colors to warn which moves it's about to unleash. Normal type has it use Judgement which is basically Taboo's OHKO waves. Fought on Spear Pillar.)
:ultness: Return of Porky(fought on New Pork City)
:ultmarth: Grima(the hitbox is a shadowy Robin, however, the head is the one doing the attacking but can't be damaged. It'll constantly try to defend the body and attacks with its breath and the spikes. Fought on Grima's Back)
:ultshulk: Turn Metal Face into a full boss(fought on Gaur Plains)
:ultcloud: One-Winged Angel Sephiroth(you know the drill. Fought on ??? Space I guess)
I guess it's been kinda long since the last Ace Attorney game.

Also, it's crazy how close we are to page 5000.
>Last game was in 2017
>An HD port was just announced for all current Gen platforms
Uh....

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Depends, If we get season pass, and then I have feeling that they will support the ultimate longer than they did Smash 4. They don't want to repeat some time that Bayo was nerfed few time but she was still op after last balance change. I hope that Sakurai has already found the way to nerf her.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Damn.. The leak thread is closed. I know it turned basically into General Discussion Junior, but it felt a bit less intimidating than this thread.

Untouch

Smash Master
4688a294dcb69a687e7e91ab72e3a0bb[1].jpg

I really want a Dragon's Dogma character, even though the game never made it to switch for some reason. Outside of Grigori there really isn't a main character though, so I'd pick Mercedes.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Konami: Solid Snake, Simon Belmont, Goemon
Bandai Namco: Pac-Man, Klonoa, Heihachi Mishima
Sega: Sonic, NiGHTS, Alex (Street of Rage)
Capcom: Ryu, Mega Man, Captain Commando
Microsoft: Steve (Minecraft), Master Chief, Rash (Battletoads)
Ubisoft: Rayman, Ezio (Assassin's Creed) or The Prince (Prince of Persia)), Jade
Activision Blizzard: Crash or Spiro, Diablo, Tracer
Bethesda: Dragonborn, Vault Boy, Doom Guy
Sony: Nathan Drake, Kratos, Sackboy
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa, Fatal Frame Protagonist, Kasumi
Square Enix: Cloud, Lara Croft, Bub & Bob

This is how I see things for each 3rd party characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom