• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Damn.. The leak thread is closed. I know it turned basically into General Discussion Junior, but it felt a bit less intimidating than this thread.
Intimidating? We are wholesome, caring, and lovely people here....we’d never want others to fear our kind

osby

Smash Obsessed
>Last game was in 2017
>An HD port was just announced for all current Gen platforms
Uh....
As I said, it been so too long since the last game that I stopped following AA. Who knows if we get a new game someday... :seuss:

Depends, If we get season pass, and then I have feeling that they will support the ultimate longer than they did Smash 4. They don't want to repeat some time that Bayo was nerfed few time but she was still op after last balance change. I hope that Sakurai has already found the way to nerf her.
She's already nerfed.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Do you think :ultgnw: gets invited to :ultpacman:'s house for dinner and to talk about the good ol's days?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Then stop going to it until the next leak. Don't just start having off topic discussion in it because people feel like they're doing something wrong if there isn't a new post every 15 seconds...
I don't know if that's directed at me, but that's essentially what I would've advised too.

Unfortunately, it never would've happened. When a thread gets a large number of participants, it's nearly impossible to get everyone to focus on a single topic. The leak thread was great for those who wanted to talk solely about leaks, but for those who were more accustomed to this thread, talking about Verge and the box theory 100% of the time might have been too hard.

Don't know why they couldn't just come back here, but that's not really my business anyway.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Real talk, now that I think about it, Ultima Weapon would be one of the most likely FF bosses... though it would use its FFVII which is meh. Well, after you
I'll do a boss list for some franchise since I'm in the mood for it. All stages are flat like Dracula's and Rathalos's unless specified otherwise, this really is only for the background:
:ultmario: Return of Petey(fought in Delfino Plaza) and King Boo is added(fights with other Boos helping. Tends to become intangible. Fought on Boo Mansion)
:ultlink: Guardian(runs across the stage attacking players with ancient weapons such as the axe, spear and sword, and will occasionally fire off laser that result in a OHKO if hit. Fought on Central Hyrule Field)
:ultsamus:Kraid(the largest of all bosses, based on his Super Metroid fight. Fought on Brinstar, only boss with platforms for obvious reasons.)
:ultpikachu:Return of Rayquaza(fought on Kalos Pokemon League) and Arceus(uses moves of all types and will change colors to warn which moves it's about to unleash. Normal type has it use Judgement which is basically Taboo's OHKO waves. Fought on Spear Pillar.)
:ultness: Return of Porky(fought on New Pork City)
:ultmarth: Grima(the hitbox is a shadowy Robin, however, the head is the one doing the attacking but can't be damaged. It'll constantly try to defend the body and attacks with its breath and the spikes. Fought on Grima's Back)
:ultshulk: Turn Metal Face into a full boss(fought on Gaur Plains)
:ultcloud: One-Winged Angel Sephiroth(you know the drill. Fought on ??? Space I guess)
How about this?

:ultsnake: = Metal Gear Rex, was originally part of stage, but can be upgradeable to boss battle

:ultkirby: = If there's possible that one of the bosses from Kirby series can make it in, I would like it to be Dark Matter Blade 'cause that **** is cool to fight as boss. But. maybe Zero-2?

:ultryu: = Akuma would be likely boss to fight, just like Street Fighter 2, you get to fight him in original 1 v 1 battle.

and last but least,

If there was true arena version of boss rush, I can imagine that there will be EX form of some bosses like, Mega Rayquaza now replaces normal rayquaza with different moves that make it hard to beat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As I said, it been so too long since the last game that I stopped following AA. Who knows if we get a new game someday... :seuss:

She's already nerfed.
The last game was literally a year ago and the franchise is not as near as dormant as Castlevania has been.

How about this?

:ultsnake: = Metal Gear Rex, was originally part of stage, but can be upgradeable to boss battle

:ultkirby: = If there's possible that one of the bosses from Kirby series can make it in, I would like it to be Dark Matter Blade 'cause that **** is cool to fight as boss. But. maybe Zero-2?

:ultryu: = Akuma would be likely boss to fight, just like Street Fighter 2, you get to fight him in original 1 v 1 battle.

and last but least,

If there was true arena version of boss rush, I can imagine that there will be EX form of some bosses like, Mega Rayquaza now replaces normal rayquaza with different moves that make it hard to beat.
Oh OH you just gave me an idea
MM3Rematch.png

This is the boss rush rest screen

Also, since we're on the topic of bosses: what bosses from franchises not represented with a fighter would you all like to see?

Pakky

Smash Hero
"Wow, Mr. Game & Watch, things sure are different now, huh?" "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP"
:ultpacman:: Ah yes old friend, the words of the old country. The wife and I had to learn a myriad of languages with the tv publicity and all that.

:ultgnw:: BEEP BEEP!

:ultpacman::Hmm yes she's well, no invitation as of yet though.

:ultgnw::BEEP BEEP!

:ultpacman::Right the boy, he was a stand in for me on that new kids show.

:ultgnw:: RING RING!

:ultpacman::Now, now , don't talk like that, everyone needs work.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, since we're on the topic of bosses: what bosses from franchises not represented with a fighter would you all like to see?
Shin Megami Tensei bosses, so we could punch the God and the Satan in the face as Mario.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Real talk, now that I think about it, Ultima Weapon would be one of the most likely FF bosses... though it would use its FFVII which is meh. Well, after you
I'll do a boss list for some franchise since I'm in the mood for it.
Bosses
Giga Bowser [Mario Bros.]
Ganon [Legend of Zelda]
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Nightmare [Kirby]
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox]
Giratina [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear Rex[Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Metal Face [Xenoblade Chronicles]
Behemoth [Final Fantasy]
Dracula [Castlevania]
Rathalos [Monster Hunter]

You are all PREDICTABO.
No normal size enemy should ever be a boss.

If they're going to go to all the trouble of creating a complete moveset for an enemy that's player character size, they should just BE a playable character.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Snake: This guy... he seems kind of familiar to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

???: You like Castlevania, don't you?

Snake: What the- PSYCHO MANTIS?!

Otacon: Sorry about that, Snake, I was just trying out a voice modifier that I've been working on, and I guess that option coincidentally sounds just like Psycho Mantis.
Anyways, if Simon Belmont seems familiar to you, then you certainly know about Castlevania.

Snake: I doubt that was just a coincidence... but yeah, I'm familiar with Castlevania. That's the game where you fight Dracula and a bunch of monsters, right?

Otacon: Exactly. Simon has plenty of weapons that he used in his quest to defeat Dracula, as well as various tricks for combatting different foes. Most notably, he uses his whip, the Vampire Killer, to do long range attacks in just about any direction.

Snake: That sounds really handy... I wonder if I could get my hands on a whip like that for myself, it could be used to take out guards from long distance, or I could just charge in with it, confuse everyone with the fact that I'm flailing a medieval weapon around, and take them out.

Otacon: ...or you'll just get your cover blown and look like a complete maniac. Just stick with tranquilizers and CQC, Snake.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
nothing really, I just don't know if Sakurai and/or Namco would want Tekken represented with a fighter or just as a boss.
Pretty sure, in terms of Namco reps, he's next up in line. Sakurai considered him for Smash 4...
That would be pretty rad actually, but isn't the first Souls game on Nintendo consoles the port that hasn't even been released yet?
Yeah, good point. Anyways, I can dream,

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure, in terms of Namco reps, he's next up in line. Sakurai considered him for Smash 4...

Yeah, good point. Anyways, I can dream,
I'd say Dark Souls is fair game for the future though. I could actually see a character as DLC tbh, if they took the same approach as Smash 4 did with its DLC newcomers.

D

Deleted member

Has the blog officially run out of 8.8 Direct content to recycle? They sure did stretch it out for a while, lol.

I'm still feeling late October/first week of November for our final info dump. I'm personally thinking somewhere around 1-2 uniques along with 2 Echos, a big Spirits reveal, some blurbs on what's in Games & More and Vault, and then a quick "Oh yeah and you can play online too, I guess".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The last game was literally a year ago and the franchise is not as near as dormant as Castlevania has been.

Oh OH you just gave me an idea
View attachment 167018
This is the boss rush rest screen

Give me the Starface from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Sakurai.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
What's Wrong with Heihachi as a Character?
Where do i begin.
Abusive Father
Abusive Husband
Abusive Son he locked his dad up in a basement
Abusive Grandfather
Tied his Family to a Missile
Killed his Wife
Experimented on children
His company causes most of the ills in the world
Possibly killed Dr Bosconovich
IS responsible for the death of his Grandson's Mother
Reawoken Ogre
Abused his Adopted son Lee
Fathered a ******* with a Swede
PRobably didnt pay child support for him either
Killed Michelle Chang's Family
And
Last but not Least
This

D

Deleted member

WAIT **** I JUST REALIZED

THEY ALREADY GOT HIS THEME PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN I BEG YOU
It's not even a good port either
I mean, neither is a bunch of other ports on Nintendo consoles so I don't see your point.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Where do i begin.
Abusive Father
Abusive Husband
Abusive Grandfather
Killed his Wife
Experimented on children
Reawoken Ogre
And
Last but not Least
This
No, I know he's a bad dude, I was talking about Inclusion as a Smash Character

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where do i begin.
Abusive Father
Abusive Husband
Abusive Grandfather
Killed his Wife
Experimented on children
Reawoken Ogre
And
Last but not Least
This
He's a villain, Karen, he does evil things, that's his job.
Oh...
In that case because he'd have no final smash like Kazuya and Jin would have easily.
Final Smashes are literally the least important part in a moveset I can't believe I'm seeing it being used as a "no moveset potential" for ****'s sake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom