• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also, I just saw this. Is this an actual thing in the States or is this a Japan-only Cola thing?

View attachment 166990
I might grab one later to check it out. Not sure if it’s good or not.
Living in the UK, these are the Coca-Cola variants I know of:
Coca-Cola​
Diet Coke​
Coca-Cola Zero​
Coca-Cola Life​
Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola​
Caffeine-Free Diet Coke​
Coca-Cola with Lemon​
Coca-Cola with Lime​
Coca-Cola Zero with Peach​

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I said the same thing about Dark Samus before Smash 4. And Daisy supporters said the same thing, too :/. And I’m pretty sure Dixie supporters are still fighting tooth and nail to convince people Dixie would be better off as an original character. And Impa fans. And any other fans of characters who could potentially be Echoes.
And everyone thought Isabelle would be an Echo.

I would somewhat agree though that those two are somewhat different. Just wanted to provide a clear distinction between obvious clones (Shadow and Ken) and those who wouldn’t make sense being Echoes.
The real reason Paper Mario could never be a clone is due to the fact that he is a completely different shape from Mario. Paper Mario doesn't have legs which means he simply could not kick the same way Mario does. Mario's forward tilt would be impossible to do as it requires a lengthy sweeping kick. Now Kirby does his forward tilt kick by stretching his foot out and twirling his entire body because he has no legs to swing his foot around. Paper Mario would have to do that... Or have a completely different moveset that revolves around the hammer or whatever.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
69 days and 22 hours...

We're almost to the final two month countdown.

Brace yourselves, it'll be here before we know it, but it's not going to be an enjoyable time.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Interesting, but reserve yourselves guys, it could be incredibly circumstantial. The poster of the rumor only hyphenated 1 word this way the entire rumor. That being said, I would not mind if it were real, it's got an incredibly satisfying final character roster.

- Incineroar
- Geno
- Dixie
- Mach Rider
- Steve
- Vault Boy

- Ken
- Shadow
- Black Knight
- Black Shadow

(Oof on those last 3 names...lol)

10 more characters....seems like a lot, especially since we only have 9 so far. However, I will give this Rumor credit in that it was posted EXACTLY a day before the prima guide went up for preorder, so either extremely coincidental or it's legit.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Paper Mario is to Mario as Young Link and Toon Link are to Link. He'd be a unique character.
Not even that. Mario has tons of moves that revolve around kicking. Which would mean most of his moveset would have to be different from Mario's. All the Links still swing a sword which means most of their moveset remains similar. Paper Mario would have to be even more different than Toon Link is to Link. And by that point you might as well make a brand new character.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I would have found this interesting if that "leak" was even somewhat believeable. But 10ore characters, one of which is Vault Boy???

Yeah I don't think so ..I'm more willing to believe it's him but trolling. They do mention he's a Fall Out fan so maybe it's true minus the Fall Out content? A little more believeable although 9 more charcters still seems like a lot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not even that. Mario has tons of moves that revolve around kicking. Which would mean most of his moveset would have to be different from Mario's. All the Links still swing a sword which means most of their moveset remains similar. Paper Mario would have to be even more different than Toon Link is to Link. And by that point you might as well make a brand new character.
I knew that. I should had probably worded it a little better.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Interesting, but reserve yourselves guys, it could be incredibly circumstantial. The poster of the rumor only hyphenated 1 word this way the entire rumor. That being said, I would not mind if it were real, it's got an incredibly satisfying final character roster.

- Incineroar
- Geno
- Dixie
- Mach Rider
- Steve
- Vault Boy

- Ken
- Shadow
- Black Knight
- Black Shadow

10 more characters....seems like a lot, especially since we only have 9 so far. However, I will give this Rumor credit in that it was posted EXACTLY a day before the prima guide went up for preorder, so either extremely coincidental or it's legit.
Aww that would be so awesome if that was true but yeah that's probably too many to expect now.

Still hoping for Dixie though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

- Incineroar
- Geno
- Dixie
- Mach Rider
- Steve
- Vault Boy

- Ken
- Shadow
- Black Knight
- Black Shadow

Any leak that has Vault Boy of all characters is 100% lock-on fake. Even Master Chief and Scorpion would have a better chance in getting into Smash and that's even saying something.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>10 newcomers
>4 Echoes
>Sakurai who talked about muh body type to justify Isabelle inclusion as an Not-echo would give Black Knight the guy going full Armor the same attributes as Ike

lol- also wasn't the leak the one missing Starman AT and Inkling in their Characters list?

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Oh no.
Rip Leak Thread-
The discussion there were better-

Well ahem, as long as we don't talk about Goku, Rex/Pyra, Echoes being newcomers or not and Characters Sexuality. This will be fine

time to make a post with all of that
Pyra and Mythra are bisexual and Goku is an echo newcomer of Ridley.

*i bow out as The NFL theme starts playing in the background and people start throwing bootleg world of warcraft plushies at eachother and demanding more star wars prequel memes*

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We were having some alright discussions in here but now we're back to rumours and leaks.

Anyway, I think DLC is likely given the success of Smash 4's DLC but Nintendo's been doing things a bit differently since then. So 2 questions:
1. Will we get a season pass for the DLC? We've gotten season passes from Nintendo for other titles and Smash 4 did end up bundling DLC after it was all released. I'm thinking we'll just see options to buy them seperately and bundles come later but you never know.
2. Do you think people will care much that Smash DLC will probably remian paid whereas Arms got characters for free? Honestly I think most people have just accepted paying for it because I really haven't seen many people suggest Smash follow the Splatoon/Arms model of content updates.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
We were having some alright discussions in here but now we're back to rumours and leaks.

Anyway, I think DLC is likely given the success of Smash 4's DLC but Nintendo's been doing things a bit differently since then. So 2 questions:
1. Will we get a season pass for the DLC? We've gotten season passes from Nintendo for other titles and Smash 4 did end up bundling DLC after it was all released. I'm thinking we'll just see options to buy them seperately and bundles come later but you never know.
2. Do you think people will care much that Smash DLC will probably remian paid whereas Arms got characters for free? Honestly I think most people have just accepted paying for it because I really haven't seen many people suggest Smash follow the Splatoon/Arms model of content updates.
While Smash 4 did have bundles, it wasn't discounted bundles unless you had both versions of the game...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
While Smash 4 did have bundles, it wasn't discounted bundles unless you had both versions of the game...
True but I'm wondering if we'll have an option to get a season pass at the start of DLC, rather than buy everything as it comes.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I feel like I'm just waiting for a leak at this point to know the roster and move on with things. I know that's a little ****ty considering the fact that Sakurai hates them so much, but there's also just a sense of things getting more hostile overall in the communities from what I've seen, and requested characters are starting to get a lot more backlash than they really deserve because people are putting their hopes in to Ultimate. And people are so set on either deflating the hype, or increasing it ten fold that the hole speculation scene feels incredibly strange right now. Here to some degree, and especially other places.

I don't know. It'd just be kind of nice to know and then let us bond together over the hype for the actual game itself as opposed to all of the character speculation (And then DLC if it's a thing, since limited spots wouldn't be an issue at that point).

Shroob

Sup?
I think the sad thing is people are assuming that "It has to be a guy who works on Prima that leaked it!" because one word was hyphened.

One
Word
Was
Hyphened

ONE
N
E

One.Singular.Uno.Ichi.Eins.Un.ONE.WORD.

Are we really that desperate f---

*chairs was a thing*

Never ****ing mind.

Last edited: