• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If Incineroar was simply green and shot vines from his belt instead of flames, you'd be clamoring for his inclusion over that "generic fire owl" :p
Nah fam...
10832524-457D-4847-861D-7D1CECAFAB67.jpeg

The idea looks too cool to pass up...

Decidueye would’ve been so rad with Fire and Ghost honestly... but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is that the sword from Demon Sword?!

Boy, if I could list out all the Japanese things I've seen that have the 7 pronged sword, I could make an entire TVTropes page about it.

And yeah, it actually is a "Demon Sword" considering you gotta fuse a bunch of em together into it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not concerned over a Pokémon newcomer because Pokken exists. We got Empoleon, Weavile, Decidueye- honestly, if Smash gets Incineroar, so be it. I can deal.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm not concerned over a Pokémon newcomer because Pokken exists. We got Empoleon, Weavile, Decidueye- honestly, if Smash gets Incineroar, so be it. I can deal.
That's honestly how I've always felt which why I find it weird there's such a clamor for the grasses because well they've never been frontrunners.

Venusaur is the only one I think in 20 years that comes in place other than 2nd and even then in first gen its a three-way tie for first, so, yeah, damn.

Sometimes really a starter isn't even the rep for the gen like in 4 with Lucario or in 5th who roughly had two that weren't starters.

Incenaroar was the frontrunner/overall rep for gen 7 with the little Pikachu impostor coming in 2nd. This was the case for a while and looking back it as evident from the concept art. That's why I say spawning tables and chairs isn't even out of the question.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
If Smash have season pass which can function as expansion pass.

Which 6 characters you want to be added in this season pass?

Mine would be:

-Rex and Pyra
-Banjo Koozie
-Gen 8 pokemon or pokemon from other previous gens
-Heihachi
-Tails
-Monster Hunter
Dixie Kong(preferably unique as possible)
Elma
Lip from Panel de Pon
Bandana Dee
Tails
Roll

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Incenaroar was the frontrunner/overall rep for gen 7 with the little Pikachu impostor coming in 2nd. This was the case for a while and looking back it as evident from the concept art. That's why I say spawning
I definitely heard more for dedicei the grass pokemon, and the ghost Pikachu. This incineroar stuff seems to have only came out recently/after verge

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yeah, sure. You get the point. Cool Character. Bad Fighter. Yada yada.

1. It doesn't NEED to be canonically sized. An Ike or Cloud sized length would do fine. First of all, it actually needs to be held out like in the actual game, and second, it needs to be used as a sword and not as a weapon that relies on turning it on and off to poke people. You make it seem as if Smash is strangers to giant long swords when Cloud's Buster Sword is 2 yards long. It's not exactly like a "big sword" would be out of place like seen here:
  2. Yeah they're unique and yeah they're definitely complex. That doesn't mean they're actually enjoyable to use or show off what the Monado can actually do other than buff people. "Difficult to master" is understating the fact that the buff/debuff system on top of the terrible frame data are a pain to use and it's no wonder why he never sees the light of day in either competitive or casual play. It's just not fun, and I'd rather have the flashy moves from the original games, simplicity or no.
  3. Yeah, fact is, he's an awful character with awful hitboxes and awful speed with an awful gimmick that hurts him as much as it "helps" him. That much is inarguable. If you're going to say Shulk's placing even remotely well in tourneys, EVO 2018 had him at sixtyfifth place with only one person maining him. and Civil War had him at 33rd. I don't know of other tourneys, but I'm going to assume he's not doing too hot. He's a bad character relying on 5 different crutches that all can be kicked out underneath him at any time.
And while I don't doubt that radial menu's going to help, I think Shulk's toolkit is just fundamentally flawed. And even if he turned out to be some magic SSS tier Bayonetta level broken somehow, I still wouldn't like the fact he doesn't use his real Monado arts and he doesn't wield the Monado like he does in game.
Whether or not Shulk’s Monado Arts are fun is COMPLETELY subjective. He’s one of my favorite characters because of them, as well as his play style being one of the most fun in the game for me.

Yeah, sure, he’s off from canon a bit, but that doesn’t mean he’s a bad character.

Also, only jump and smash are made up, Speed, Shield, and Buster are actual Monado arts in Xenoblade, which I’m pretty sure you already know.

Plus, Shield probably wouldn’t translate well into Smash if you kept its literal functions the same.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ah yes Shadow a black and red coloured version of sonic.

It's a no brainer to put him in daisy style as an echo but maybe they're saving fan favourites as DLC to make a quick buck.

Nintendo is one of the most money hungry companies out there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Whether or not Shulk’s Monado Arts are fun is COMPLETELY subjective. He’s one of my favorite characters because of them, as well as his play style being one of the most fun in the game for me.

Yeah, sure, he’s off from canon a bit, but that doesn’t mean he’s a bad character.

Also, only jump and smash are made up, Speed, Shield, and Buster are actual Monado arts in Xenoblade, which I’m pretty sure you already know.

Plus, Shield and Speed probably wouldn’t translate well into Smash if you kept their literal functions the same, especially Speed.
I mean tbf Sakurai doesn't care much about spoilers evidently so Shield can be replaced by Armour which is more similar, plus I will never forgive the decision to make Monado Buster, a huge '**** me' attack, into Monado Enchant

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
People only started talking more about Incineroar than Decidueye because of the "leaks'. It wasn't like this before.

It's funny actually. People were annoyed by the Decidueye "grass" bandwagon and now people are annoyed by the Incineroar "leak" bandwagon.

I kinda want to see Lycanroc get confirmed and kill both sides.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
COMPLETELY subjective
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. "Fun" is subjective and playing Shulk has the opposite effect for me.

Oh no, being off from canon doesn't make him a bad character.
Being a bad character makes him a bad character. The off from canon is a sizeable bonus, though.

Plus, Shield and Speed probably wouldn’t translate well into Smash if you kept their literal functions the same, especially Speed.
Yeah and Buster functions more like Monado Enchant and Shield functions more like Armor. The only thing that's 1:1 with what it does ingame is Monado Speed which boosts his "agility" though in Smash's case, literally.

The arts would function fine, some of them are already in.
Enchant could be the damage buff
Speed could be Speed buff
Armour could be the defense buff.
Obvious, right?

And then, for the rest of his monado arts, you have
Buster: Being an actual strike an overhead slam, And also HIS MOST ICONIC MONADO-RELATED MOVE.
Shield: A self explanatory shield that could be his bubble
Purge: A ranged sword beam with short distance but big vertical height and a debuff
Cyclone: A giant whirlwind that makes him rise into the air and knocks enemies back
Eater: A stab that causes damage over time

Which are all, universally, thrown in the trash been in favor of the buff/debuff system.
It's not like these attacks are particularly difficult to comprehend working in a fighting game considering I've seen these types of moves hundreds of times in Smash already.

Hell, even Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has most of these arts and Shulk doesn't even wield it half the time.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I mean tbf Sakurai doesn't care much about spoilers evidently so Shield can be replaced by Armour which is more similar, plus I will never forgive the decision to make Monado Buster, a huge '**** me' attack, into Monado Enchant
Well, I mean, both Enchant and Buster increase damage on Mechon. It’s just that Enchant does it for auto attacks, while Buster does it for, well, Buster.
Admittedly it probably would make more sense with enchant, but it doesn’t really matter since Enchant’s primary effect wouldn’t be present either, then we’d just have the same problem.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I mean, both Enchant and Buster increase damage on Mechon. It’s just that Enchant does it for auto attacks, while Buster does it for, well, Buster.
Admittedly it probably would make more sense with enchant, but it doesn’t really matter since Enchant’s primary effect wouldn’t be present either, then we’d just have the same problem.
"Buffs damage to mechon" to "Buffs damage to everything"

It's less of a leap in stretching canon than

"Giant overhead high damage sword swing that deals increased damge to mechon" to "Buffs damage to everything" (Also you take more damage during it for "balance" lol)

Chrono.

Mine would be:

-Rex and Pyra
-Banjo Koozie
-Heihachi
-Tails
-Monster Hunter
- Rex (or Lora)
- Isaac
- Tails
- Zero (bear with me here)
- Heihachi Mishima or Jin Kazama
- Lloyd

In my version of the season pass, they'd be releasing 2 of the 6 characters at a time and they would be loosely related via theme.

The first two, Rex (or Lora... pls) and Isaac are both the RPG protagonists who happen to be foils at the same time. Rex and Lora are both from Xenoblade, a franchise that's currently thriving and Isaac is from Golden Sun, a franchise that remains dormant as of today.

Tails and Zero are from 3rd party franchises that are already represented in Smash with playable characters. I know Zero is an AT currently, but the Zero from Mega Man Zero is still up for grabs and, despite being the same character in canon, mechanics and moveset wise they couldn't be anymore different. With Zero using a variety of weapons that include Tonfas, a Spear, a Chain and a Shield Boomerang.

The latter two are debuting 3rd parties that come from Namco. Both of these characters having sizable Smash and casual fanbases alike (Lloyd moreso with the former while a Tekken character I can see appealing more to the latter/non-Smash fans.) I'd say they'd be a good note to end a potential season 1 on.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Except no, Enchant is for YOUR PARTY MEMBER'S auto attacks and Buster doesn't increase damage done to Mechon, the Monado itself ignores their Mechon resistances so Shulkdoesn't get any major problems against Mechon. Buster is a powerful overhead strike, sure, it does more damage, but it isn't bonus damage, it's a single powerful attack

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Except no, Enchant is for YOUR PARTY MEMBER'S auto attacks and Buster doesn't increase damage done to Mechon, the Monado itself ignores their Mechon resistances so Shulkdoesn't get any major problems against Mechon. Buster is a powerful overhead strike, sure, it does more damage, but it isn't bonus damage, it's a single powerful attack
That’s pretty much what I was getting at though. Also, yeah, I know that about enchant, which is why I said that we’d still have “the same problem”.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Which they then... sell... to... us...?
They're a limited time only which is similar to the manipulation used with say, Overwatch's event skins, making you feel incredibly pressured, plus back in the day you always had to drive to some event and buy tickets at an amusement to be allowed to get it
That’s pretty much what I was getting at though. Also, yeah, I know that about enchant, which is why I said that we’d still have “the same problem”.
Except it doesn't. Enchant does more damage on Mechon meaning it translates to "Does more damage" easier than "A powerful Limit Break tier strike"

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
They're a limited time only which is similar to the manipulation used with say, Overwatch's event skins, making you feel incredibly pressured, plus back in the day you always had to drive to some event and buy tickets at an amusement to be allowed to get it
Whatever the quixotic ideas Game Freak intended with event Pokemon, I'm pretty sure profit maximization was not part of it. Running niche promotional events IRL is hella expensive.

Overwatch and League do time-limited skins so that you pay money for time-limited skins. It's pretty straight-forward.

Chrono.

You say that but Pokemon always gets away with on disc dlc in form of event pokemon without criticism
Gwen where are you meeting these people that actually like event Pokemon, because literally everyone has been saying for decades that event Pokemon suck ****. I don't think I've met anyone that actually likes the idea of hauling ass to Gamestop just to download a sprite, even if it's free.

This isn't even taking into account Mew being $50 in LGPE.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
People only started talking more about Incineroar than Decidueye because of the "leaks'. It wasn't like this before.
Indeed. Decidueye was on almost every prediction list prior to E3. But they slowed down after the "Everyone Is Here" reveal, and stopped almost completely once Verg said he wasn't in.
You say that but Pokemon always gets away with on disc dlc in form of event pokemon without criticism
You mean the on disc dlc they don't charge for?
But... Linkle literally doesn't have anything other than dual mini crossbows.
She also has a variety of magic boots that give her crazy kick attacks.

Is there any difference between this question and "What are your 6 most wanted characters?"

Anyway, it's:
1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
3. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
4. Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
5. Erdrick(Roto) [Dragon Quest]
6. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Whatever the quixotic ideas Game Freak intended with event Pokemon, I'm pretty sure profit maximization was not part of it. Running niche promotional events IRL is hella expensive.

Overwatch and League do time-limited skins so that you pay money for time-limited skins. It's pretty straight-forward.
It's less but the data and everything is still there, you just need to download or hack the key in the game because it's all there

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Mine would be:

-Rex and Pyra
-Banjo Koozie
-Heihachi
-Tails
-Monster Hunter
-Phosphora
-Medusa
-Monster Hunter

Those are the only ones I actively desire, so that's it really. Bonus points for finding a fellow Monster Hunter person. I may sound like like a broken record regarding those 3 specific characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So probably another "opening the flood gates" question, but from each of the series in Smash that are your favorites/have the most experience with, what is your least favorite game from that series?

My picks:
:ultlink:: The Wind Waker. I don't hate this game's art-style, but I do hate it's dungeons and dreadful sailing.
:ultsamus:: Other M. May that game burn in hell for an eternity.
:ultpikachu:: Gen 6. The most hollow generation in Pokemon history. Love the Kalos Pokemon though, so I guess that's a plus in that Gen's favor.
:ultmarth:: Controversial pick, but a tie between Awakening and Fates. Guys, I tried. I tried really hard to see what other people saw in these games, but I just couldn't. The stories were hilariously awful, even for FE's standard of writing, and I myself found it very hard to care about the main cast of characters in both of those games. The gameplay ranged from pretty good (Conquest) to boring (Awakening and Birthright) to downright abysmal (Revelations). Sorry FE fans, I just did not see the hype in these games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:ultshulk:: Xenoblade Chronicles X. The gameplay was good, the writing and characters...not so much.
:ultsnake:: Tough call, but I'm going to say Peace Walker. Just did not enjoy that game as much as the other MGS games.
:ultmegaman:: Mega Man 1. Meh. MM 1 just didn't really stand out as much as MM 2, MM 3, and MM 4 did.
:ultsimon:: Another tough call, but I'd have to say Dawn of Sorrow. Dawn of Sorrow was just lackluster in comparison to other Castlevania games.

NOTE: I have expericance with :ultbayonetta:, but I love both games, so I'm not counting her games :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Gwen where are you meeting these people that actually like event Pokemon, because literally everyone has been saying for decades that event Pokemon suck ****. I don't think I've met anyone that actually likes the idea of hauling *** to Gamestop just to download a sprite, even if it's free.

This isn't even taking into account Mew being $50 in LGPE.
I use to think it was a cool novelty but having to go somewhere every month to get a code got annoying. Game Freak should really make them all online as well.

Chrono.

I use to think it was a cool novelty but having to go somewhere every month to get a code got annoying. Game Freak should really make them all online as well.
Yeah it's gotten pretty bad. You could pretty much get all mythicals via wifi mystery gift before, I have no idea why they even stopped using it. It's not like they have anything to gain by making us go to stores, especially since... It's free.

But anyways the thread is getting off topic now lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
$50 Mew. .-.
Well, the price is to justify the gimmicky "joycon" and the mew is just a "free extra". Still pushing the line though.

But anyway Gamefreak is technically a 3rd party company even if Nontendo has partial rights to Pokemon itself. It's complicated.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Pokemon has been doing online downloads for like years now, remember when they gave away one mythical a month for a year via online events? I haven't been to gamestop to download a Pokemon in like an actual decade now god HGSS was so long ago
Even now they just have these card things you can pick up for free or use a code to get the Pokemon later, making it even easier.

It's really nasty to see GF have Mew cost $50 and deliberately make it so it's the only Pokemon you can't transfer from GO, I'll say outright I wish the Pokemon IP went to literally any other studio.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
:ultlink: Zelda 2 just for not being my style
:ultpikachu:Gen 5 for having my least fav Pokemon designs and starters as well as being very linear
:ultyoshi: Yoshi's New Story for that godawful main theme being shoehorned everywhere and adding barely anything
:ultsonic: Sonic Boom for what they did to Knuckles

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So probably another "opening the flood gates" question, but from each of the series in Smash that are your favorites/have the most experience with, what is your least favorite game from that series?

My picks:
:ultlink:: The Wind Waker. I don't hate this game's art-style, but I do hate it's dungeons and dreadful sailing.
:ultsamus:: Other M. May that game burn in hell for an eternity.
:ultpikachu:: Gen 6. The most hollow generation in Pokemon history. Love the Kalos Pokemon though, so I guess that's a plus in that Gen's favor.
:ultmarth:: Controversial pick, but a tie between Awakening and Fates. Guys, I tried. I tried really hard to see what other people saw in these games, but I just couldn't. The stories were hilariously awful, even for FE's standard of writing, and I myself found it very hard to care about the main cast of characters in both of those games. The gameplay ranged from pretty good (Conquest) to boring (Awakening and Birthright) to downright abysmal (Revelations). Sorry FE fans, I just did not see the hype in these games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:ultshulk:: Xenoblade Chronicles X. The gameplay was good, the writing and characters...not so much.
:ultsnake:: Tough call, but I'm going to say Peace Walker. Just did not enjoy that game as much as the other MGS games.
:ultmegaman:: Mega Man 1. Meh. MM 1 just didn't really stand out as much as MM 2, MM 3, and MM 4 did.
:ultsimon:: Another tough call, but I'd have to say Dawn of Sorrow. Dawn of Sorrow was just lackluster in comparison to other Castlevania games.

NOTE: I have expericance with :ultbayonetta:, but I love both games, so I'm not counting her games :p.
:ultsamus: Other M, no explanation needed. Hunters isn't actually that much better though.

:ultpikachu:Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, an extremely unpopular opinion these days, but Sinnoh is by far the worst region they've ever designed, and its many long bland routes with too many trainers aren't helped by the agonizingly slow gameplay. The story is also a bunch of nonsense, even more so than usual at least, and the amount of required HMs is a joke. Platinum is slightly better, but still bad.

:ultkirby: Epic Yarn, I get the target demographic thing and all, but even kids could use something more challenging than this, it's almost insulting. If we don't count it I'll say Kirby 64 then, lots of good ideas ruined by shallow level design and awful controls.

:ultmario: New Super Mario Bros. U, it's not a bad game in isolation, but it just doesn't do anything new, it felt like playing the same game as the DS and Wii counterparts. Just a really weak way to kick off the Wii U.

:ultlink: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, a pretty easy choice given the standard of the series tbh. A decent concept that's plagued by tons of baffling design decisions and incredibly frustrating sections.

:ultness: Mother/Earthbound Zero, lots of things I appreciate about this one actually, but mother of god the grinding is bad, not least to mention the factory part. These days it feels like a demo for Earthbound, just with a few neat ideas of its own.

:ultmegaman: Mega Man 1, the rest of the NES series does an incredibly good job hitting that sweetspot where it's challenging but not too frustrating, this one doesn't. Obviously difficult to blame it too much given this was the first entry, but the leap in quality from this to Mega Man 2 is astounding.

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
:ultmarth:- I've played 4 FE games now and still can't find anything to like about the series, compared to other SRPGs FE is just so barebones in terms of both gameplay, strategy and especially characters and worldbuilding.
:ultpokemontrainer:- I love Pokemon with all my heart and soul but oh my god Gamefreak please. LGPE looks like a trainwreck and USUM was such an insult to the players. I want Pokemon to trive but Gamefreak is clearly complacent doing the bare minimum and making millions off of just the brand name, if Gen 8 doesn't fix people's issues with the 3D Pokemon games I might really leave it behind for good. Oh, for my least favorite game, all of Sinnoh was horrendous. HG/SS is my second favorite after BW/2 though so I don't feel right attacking Gen 4 since it also gave us the blessing know as PMD2.
:ultinkling:- I love Splatoon so sososososoosososo much but the balance is still awful. Tower control is dominated by Stingray, Blasters and Sloshers are still crazy busted and the matchmaking is such a mess. The game seriously revolves around Stingray, how has Nogami not adressed the issue with the special? Not even Inkjet is this centralizing. Last Splatfest I played like ~35-40 games and maybe 10 of them were against the enemy team rather than my own. Salmon Run also needs some kind of update because it's very stale now.
:ultisabelle:- I really hope AC2019 adds more lines to the villagers and also makes it easier to story and use custom designs. I had to make alt accounts on ACNL just to store my path designs. Also let me choose my skintone instead of needing to tan to get darker skin.
:ultsonic:-Please just let Sonic Mania become the standard and also stop putting Classic Sonic in 3D games. Character creator can stay though..

EDIT:
One more, Shantae. She's not in Smash yet but I just got done playing Risky's mode tonight and WOW. Wayforward really wrote themselves into a corner. Risky Boots'/Pirate's Curse's gameplay is just so much smoother and faster than Shantae's constant stop -> transform -> do thing -> turn back -> repeat gameplay. With Pirate weapons it's just go go go go go and it feels awesome. I'm at end with myself because I love shantae and love the transformations but from a sheer gameplay perspective they're inferior to just letting Shantae do everything in her humanoid form. Maybe if Shantae could just instantly transform to move around but that sounds busted somehow and also removes the dancing...? Finding a happy medium seems extremely difficult but Wayforward is THIS close to making the perfect Shantae game, I can feel it.

Last edited:

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
To not just be a Negative Nancy I figure I'll add some favorites, too.
:ultmegaman: MM5, by far. Which is funny, since it's right after 4, my favorite.
:ultness:Pretty safe to say the first Mother game is the weakest. I'd say I prefer 3, but it and Earthbound are about the same standing.
:ultmario:Galaxy, can't think of any reason to play it again (haven't played 2 so that one might be worse)? I love World and 64.
:ultyounglink:WW, found the world pretty lackluster. I prefer the 2D entries, like Link's Awakening and even Zelda II.
:ultsimon:Simon's Quest is probably the worst, but I have a soft spot for it, so I'll pick SCIV. Never liked the proportions of the monsters in that game. If we're talking Metroidvanias.... Circle of the Moon hasn't aged that well. Honestly I think Dawn of Sorrow is my favorite, but it's probably because it's the first one I really played (other than Simon's Quest).

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
But... Linkle literally doesn't have anything other than dual mini crossbows. She isn't literally just female Link, she's just a girl named AFTER link
Since when has that stopped Sakurai from taking an artistic license with a character's--? *sigh* nevermind. Forget I said anything. Besides...

In my version of the season pass, they'd be releasing 2 of the 6 characters at a time and they would be loosely related via theme.
I think I like this idea more. Though my idea of a season pass would also mean that every "pack" introduces something like a new mode or feature in addition to the two characters.

• Arena Pack- This would include Gardevoir & Twintelle as playable characters, with Sub-Zero, Heihachi and Terry Bogard as Assist Trophies, and Las Vegas (not from any particular game) as a playable stage. It would also include fully remade codecs between Snake and Otacon for all of the fighters, fully remade Palutena's Guidances for all of the fighters, and spectator commentaries in the Las Vegas stage for all of the fighters. It would also add a setting to training mode that allows you to see a character's frame data.
  • Royalty Pack- This would include Camilla and Linkle as playable characters, with Grima and Ghirahim as assist trophies as well as Bowser's Castle as a stage. It would also include a mode that allow you to easily acquire the random drop trophies, as well as anything else the game gives you at random.
  • Square Enix Pack- This would include Sora & 2B as playable characters, with Riku and Emil as Assist Trophies as well as Hollow Bastion and Copied City as playable stages. It would also include an adventure-mode-esque gauntlet with locales based off of the various Final Fantasy games, with Sephiroth and Kefka as the bosses.

• Future Pack- This would include a Daemon X Machina Character & Sylux as playable characters, with an item that summons some of the more obscure Fire Emblem characters added in, as well as a Daemon X Machina stage, a Fire Emblem Three Houses stage, and an Animal Crossing Switch stage as playable stages. It would also include a playable demo for Metroid Prime 4.
  • Namco-Bandai Pack- This would include Nightmare & Heihachi as playable characters, with Yoshimistsu as an Assist Trophy, as well as Astral Chaos and Mishima Dojo as playable stages. It would also include a boss rush mode where you fight numerous Monsters from Monster Hunter. Additionally, those who buy this pack also receive in the mail a hand-written letter of a formal apology to Monster Hunter fans for not being able to get them a character. :(
  • Square Enix Pack- This would include Sora & Geno as playable characters, with Riku and Mallow as Assist Trophies as well as Hollow Bastion and... something from the Mario RPG as playable stages. It would also include an adventure-mode-esque gauntlet with locales based off of the various Final Fantasy games, with Sephiroth and Kefka as the bosses.

:ultmario:: Mario Kart Wii. Bad Memories aplenty.
:ultlink:: I've only ever beaten HW, TP, and ALBW. But from what the decent amount of Wind Waker and the admittedly very little experience I've had with OOT and Skyward Sword, I think I'm okay with having only beaten those three tbh.
:ultpikachu:: If we're talking individual games, Ultra Moon. If we're talking entire generations, Gen 1 has aged horrifically. Sure, it's easy to crack in half and see all the cute little bugs running around it, but once you get past the graphics and the glitches, there's really not much to talk about. It's just a top-down Metroidvania where playing it in any way that isn't "disregard the entire point of the game and only use your starter and an HM slave," it immediately becomes a complete and utter bore. Ultra Moon, however, I was ****ed no matter how I played it because it's just Sun/Moon again but with an even worse story and totem fights.
:ultkirby::
:ultsamus:: Never beat a Metroid game, but Other M deserves to rot in the 9th Circle of Gamer Hell for the defilement and desecration of Video Gaming's Wonder Woman.
:ultsnake:: Peacewalker? Did you say...
PEACEWALKER!?!
ABSOLUTELY NYAN!.png
:ultsonic:: There's a deep-fried meme that I think aptly applies to just how nonsense Secret Rings somehow is, but I have no interest in posting it because I just don't have it in me.
:ultbayonetta:: I had a bad time with Bayonetta 1 tbh. Killed any interest I had in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom