• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
If Smash Bros was a brand new concept being made today, definitely Pokemon.

IIRC, Smash 64 came out before the Pokemon Company was formed.
No, Smash 64 came out in 1999. the Pokemon Company was founded about 9 months earlier in spring 1998.

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
So everyone which characters you want to get in Ultimate and characters you don’t want in smash?

I would like Marx, Geno, Paper Mario, banjo & kazoie, Skull kid to get in
I would Not want Steve, Goku, Waluigi (sorry if I offended anyone)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One of you clowns Pink'd me, huh? Jokes on you!

You'll never get my user title, I'm too special. :p:p:p

Plus I rock the hell out of pink, pink is amazing. ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's not forget that The Pokémon Company is partially owned by Nintendo themselves and the Pokémon IP is partially owned by Nintendo as well, therefore it's still a first-party IP.

Even if it didn't get added in Smash 64 for whatever reason, there would be nothing stopping it from being included in later games.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So everyone which characters you want to get in Ultimate and characters you don’t want in smash?

I would Not want Steve, Goku, Waluigi
*gun clicks* You heard that? It sounds like a loaded question.

Jk.

I know you don't mean it in any mean way, but for the sake of not bagging on other people's most wanted, I'm just gonna list who I want only:
Amaterasu, Elma, Shantae, Sora, Rayman, Rex & Pyra, Joker, Gardevoir, Valkyrie, Fjorm, Blaze, Shadow, Tetra, Terra. Lyn (let me dream darn it)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Which got me thinking

What's everyone's top 5 current most wanted assist trophies for future dlc?

Mine:

1. Knuckles
2. Alucard
3. Zero
4. Bomberman
5. Ghirahim
Wanted?

1. Bomberman
2. Knuckles
3. MEGA MAN X Zero I guess.
4. Shovel Knight
5. Alucard/Midna

If that does go down, I'm betting a lot of people would also vote Lyn, Ashley and Waluigi.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Really? I had no idea there was a new leak thread! Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience!

But I thought mods were saying users weren't allowed to post fake leaks? I mean...not that I mind, it's just that usually leak threads are locked.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I would Not want Steve, Goku, Waluigi
Want: Any Rhythm Heaven Rep, Elma, Incineroar, Min Min, Steve, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Crash, Segata Sanshiro, Phoenix Wright, Glass Joe.
Don't Want: Not telling. Don't want people to get mad at me (I have some very unpopular Opinions)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Really? I had no idea there was a new leak thread! Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience!

But I thought mods were saying users weren't allowed to post fake leaks? I mean...not that I mind, it's just that usually leak threads are locked.
It means to not post obviously fake stuff like weird "Cory in the house" joke posts, etc. Leaks, even if they turn out to not be real, go in there regardless. There's a difference between a joke leak and one that turns out fake.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Everyone's talking Incineroar and Ken and I'm still here thinking there's a small chance that Gardevoir/Gothitelle one could be true.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Want: Isaac, Steve, Impa, Agumon, Nightmare
Don't Want: Geno

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not sure if it's been said already, but sometimes, nice things can happen in the world.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...atient_the_chance_to_play_smash_bros_ultimate

So, I was wondering, where do you all think the next newcomers would go on the official poster? As in, what characters would they exactly be close to?
Ms. Pac-Man would be somewhere near Dark Samus and Pac-Man, with her left arm raised and doing a fist pump to mirror her hubby's pose, and playfully winking.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
If the last two chracthers were Ken and Inceraroar that would be Kinda of disappointing but then again They would only be 69 unique fighters which would be funny as ****

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not sure if it's been said already, but sometimes, nice things can happen in the world.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...atient_the_chance_to_play_smash_bros_ultimate

Ms. Pac-Man would be somewhere near Dark Samus and Pac-Man, with her left arm raised and doing a fist pump to mirror her hubby's pose, and playfully winking.
Well, yeah, the situation has been discussed multiple times. It's quite nice that Nintendo would do something like this.

His Twitter is right here: https://mobile.twitter.com/SpookyWoobler. For anyone who wants to follow.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So why hasn't this thread's name been changed yet now that there's a new leak thread?

And shouldn't we be using spoiler tags when talking about leaks in this thread now? It seems like hardly anyone is doing that.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Want: Shantae, Lusamine, Spyro, Dark Magician Girl
Don't Want: Bandana Dee, Goku, Waluigi, another FE sword rep, Captain Toad

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
None of these characters are real. But if that stopped people, we wouldn’t have people have meltdowns over fictional characters. This isn’t even just a Smash thing but an internet thing in general
I was just checking because some people seem to be under the impression that video game characters are real people with real feelings, and must be treated as such ;)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do you guys think the full roster will be officially revealed before the Smash bundle retails on November 2nd?
If they try to avoid as many spoilers as possible, then maybe. Otherwise, I'm betting sometime in November we get the last details on characters, stages, assists, and modes then.

Still holding out for Isaac and maybe a Mega Man Echo at some point. Ken should be pretty cool too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yet Dedede disappears from Dreamland 64 if you play as Dedede and Alphonse replaces Toon Link if you play a Toon Link on Spirit Tracks
Guess Toon Link DeDeDe were bigger priorities than Knuckles
Sonic Mania taught us that Knuckles can be in two places at once. Can the same be said for Waluigi?
Waluigi isn’t a mayor like Knuckles is, therefore he is not as special

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I would like Celica, Decidueye (preemptive RIP), Waluigi (Actual RIP), Crash, Caeda, Merric, Chandelure, and Henry Fleming
As for who I wouldn't want...Anime/Manga characters, and any alternate form of a character already on the roster, no matter how unique. But I mean I got Chrom so I can't complain lol.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
New here and have just been lurking, just made an account here to say I hope the square enix rep is Crono but i doubt its him. Back to lurking unless I feel like adding anything

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wants: Shadow, Viridi, Paper Mario, Octolings, Sidon, Bandana Dee, Taxes, Dixie, Funky, Amy, Tails, Scorpion, Clementine, Lara Croft, Shantae, Ribbon Girl, Bowsette, Dr.Luigi, Slippy, and Celica

NOOOO: Steve and non-gaming characters

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I would like Dixie Kong (semi-clone or echo don't really care), Medusa (Palutena echo), Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Isaac.

I don't want: Anymore 3rd parties unless their low effort echoes like Shadow and Ken.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Which got me thinking

What's everyone's top 5 current most wanted assist trophies for future dlc?

Mine:

1. Knuckles
2. Alucard
3. Zero
4. Bomberman
5. Ghirahim
I'm gonna have to go:

1. Bomberman
  2. Takamaru
  3. Ashley
  4. Knuckles
  5. Krystal
Ah yes. The one series of games that gives her such joy in her life, no wonder she's shown up in all of them.
Smiling Blaze is more precious than Classic Tails.

I, for one, love slice of life Blaze in official art.

Specifically the cooking one.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's so many characters I'd want but the 2 most exciting choices are Dante and Bandana Dee.
Characters I don't want are Xenoblade 2 characters, Banjo Kazooie, Geno and Faye who I know has zero chance but I constantly fear her regardless. Despite not liking Undertale at all and it being a meme, I actually wouldn't mind Sans or whatever solely because of the music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom