• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ah my bad. I thought he was since the post I quoted said RIP.

In that case I hope he hangs in there and at some chance by a miracle overcomes it.
It's already terminal, so it'd take one hell of a miracle. Also, if I may, I've seen some people look at the campaign and go "He's probably faking it for the game" and that pisses me off so much, some of his friends on twitter make/used to make countdown videos on youtube and I follow some of those, so I saw him talk about his cancer like 2 years before this

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Also yeah some of the anti-Ashley fan art from after her disconfirmation made me feel slightly uncomfortable, like this one where she was being burned alive by Richter and Simon with her screaming in horror rubbed me the wrong way.
That always strikes me as weird when fanbases go at each other like that, since there's often overlap between them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's already terminal, so it'd take one hell of a miracle. Also, if I may, I've seen some people look at the campaign and go "He's probably faking it for the game" and that pisses me off so much, some of his friends on twitter make/used to make countdown videos on youtube and I follow some of those, so I saw him talk about his cancer like 2 years before this
I'm aware its terminal but I'm still praying never the less at that small chance.

Ugh really...Unbelievable. The nerve of some people. :mad:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Somehow I get a sadistic glee knowing I can snipe Isabelle of all characters with the Ancient Arrow. So weird...

And I still want to see some trophies (Link and Simon in particular).
Then that glee turns sour, and you face abject horror when she gets the Smash Ball first and builds Town Hall on you..
This is a bit related to the Ken leak.

But how would you all feel if every character got a fourth taunt?
It's about time! *selects Sonic*

You're to slow
You're to slow
You're to slow
Which got me thinking

What's everyone's top 5 current most wanted assist trophies for future dlc?

Mine:

1. Knuckles
2. Alucard
3. Zero
4. Bomberman
5. Ghirahim
Lyn
Krystal
Ashley
Zero
Saki Amamiya
So, I was wondering, where do you all think the next newcomers would go on the official poster? As in, what characters would they exactly be close to?
*inhale, exhale, cracks knuckles* Alright...

Ammy would lying on the ground next to Snake; resting, while looks up curiously at Lucario (with Issun on her nose).

Shiranui would be Ammy's echo but he'd be transparent lying next to Ammy.

Elma would be above Shulk, performing Shadowstrike (move Shulk down)

Rex and Pyra would be above Dark Seamus, using Burning Sword. (move Dark Samus down)

Shantae would be dancing to the left of Daisy (which explains who Daisy is looking at), or to the left of Pokémon Trainer.

Sora would be to the right of Cloud slightly imitating Cloud's pose with a smile on his face, happy to see him again.

Rayman would be releasing a punch above Toon Link, mostly towards Ridley.

Gardevoir would be next to Rosalina looking at Luma, contemplating on the bond they have, and how it differs from her and her trainer.

Joker is in between King Dedede, and Robin posing in style just below Capt. Falcon.

Fjorm would be standing to the right of Chrom, in a battle pose ready to defend them both.

Shadow would be on the left of Sonic, racing him with a (surprisingly) competitive smirk on his face, compared to Sonic's softer smile.

Blaze would be on Sonic's right, racing as well too, with her smiling too.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Like Dark Samus has more floatier physics and animations from what I’ve noticed, and Chrom is essentially a hybrid fighter of the different Fire Emblem characters.
Based on this clip the floatiness of Dark Samus is likely just animation, She and Samus ha the same fall speed.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Which got me thinking

What's everyone's top 5 current most wanted assist trophies for future dlc?

Mine:

1. Knuckles
2. Alucard
3. Zero
4. Bomberman
5. Ghirahim
1. Alucard
2. Shovel Knight
3. Ashley
4. Lyn

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why did it make you uncomfortable? Did I misinterpret what you said? I do that a lot :S
Because of how graphic the drawing itself was and the expression on her face made it seem torturous and as a result I had a double-take.

And no hard feelings, I misinterpret people sometimes too! :3

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gardevoir would be next to Rosalina looking at Luma, contemplating on the bond they have, and how it differs from her and her trainer.
Now that you mention it. It's rather funny but Gardevoir kind of looks like the Pokemon version of Rosalina. I don't know maybe its their similar body structure and dress that shows it...

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
What are some possible characters that the creators would refuse to use them in a game like Smash? i.e Monster Hunters in Capcom Vs games

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, I was wondering, where do you all think the next newcomers would go on the official poster? As in, what characters would they exactly be close to?
Waddle Dee - replaces the Mr. Saturn
Black Shadow - stands behind Mr. Game and Watch and Dr. Mario, with a menacing grin
Neku - next to Simon, listening to his headphones (Simon moved slightly to the side)
Chorus Kids - close to Greninja
Octoling - close to inkling
ARMS rep - I have no idea tbh

Others in my wanted list that aren’t deconfirmed are p much in the same positions P.Kat P.Kat mentioned

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel like Celica and Roll could be potential Echoes of Robin and Mega Man respectively... The only thing preventing me from really seeing them is that they're both currently voiced by Erica Lindbeck and she said she didn't record for Smash Ultimate.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
The jeuxvideo poster is back on 4chan. At the very least, he's confirmed it to be his account

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432571184

This just got interesting for Reference Here's his text:

Hi everyone.

I am LaPailleDor. Some of you might know me, because I leaked info on the upcoming Smash Bros game on a french site, Jeuxvideo.com back in July, and the thread was bumped around 2 weeks ago, leading to the creation of a thread here talking about it: https://yuki.la/v/430215445
Long story short, the thread was deleted by a mod and I was banned. Then a mod got to the thread here claiming the screenshot was faked. They first claimed that the thread did exist but I had merely "put in random characters", then claimed it wasn't Smash-related at all.
But the thread is real, it did exist. This is not the first time leaks happen on JVC, especially on the 18-25 forum, hence why it was censored and the mods tried to claim it as fake. That's why I'm posting here now as I get the feeling the censorship isn't going to be nearly as strong.

First of all, here's a proof that I indeed own the account:
https://i.gyazo.com/c1ee444ec4f1b6da9dcc90edd9659aef.png
https://i.gyazo.com/9d6b85c892a2cd552560ab9dcef36788.png
https://i.gyazo.com/e02fb5745e434422be3bc5b6d24b4ea9.png

If you guys still aren't convinced, there's this page: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/profil/lapailledor?mode=favoris. Basically it's a page where each user is allowed to make a list of their "favorite boards". Due to an oversight on JVC's part, it's possible to edit this list even when your account is banned. So you guys can just give me games and I'll put the boards pertaining to them in the list (JVC has a board for virtually every game).

Anyway, sorry for the long intro. The reason why I'm posting here is because I have since then managed to gather even more info on the game.
First of all, I can confirm what I said back in July: Ken, Black Shadow and Isaac are in. Giygas is there as a boss, and Event Mode is returning. Everything else I said then have been confirmed since, as you probably noticed.

There will be at least 5 more playable characters:
- Skull Kid, from the Zelda series
- Medusa, from Kid Icarus
- Ayumi Tachibana, from Famicom Detective Club
- Ninten, from the Mother series
- Reimu Hakurei, from Touhou Project

As well as 2 more bosses:
- Zero-Two from the Kirby series
- Kyurem from Pokemon

I also got info pertaining to stages.
- We're getting a new version of the Poke Floats stage from Melee. And I don't mean just a remastered version, it's a brand new stage, with new Pokemon and everything.
- We'll have the ability to choose the design of the Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination stages, between the designs of every Smash game up until now (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, Ultimate). They apparently made a version for each of them with remastered graphics.

That's all I got for now. I'm open to questions.
>Leaker is real
Oh uh, guys..... I think we're getting Reimu

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Odds that they will continue to update the banner art with DLC characters? I don't see why not.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Black Shadow: About to clash with Falcon

Chibi-Robo: Mr Saturn is replaced with the Chibi Ship and Chibi Robo is running after it

Ken: Doing a mirrored Ryu pose with ryu

Dante: About to Clash with Richard

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Blaze would be on Sonic's right, racing as well too, with her smiling too.
Smiling Blaze is very pure thing to look at

The jeuxvideo poster is back on 4chan. At the very least, he's confirmed it to be his account

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432571184

This just got interesting for Reference Here's his text:

Hi everyone.

I am LaPailleDor. Some of you might know me, because I leaked info on the upcoming Smash Bros game on a french site, Jeuxvideo.com back in July, and the thread was bumped around 2 weeks ago, leading to the creation of a thread here talking about it: https://yuki.la/v/430215445
Long story short, the thread was deleted by a mod and I was banned. Then a mod got to the thread here claiming the screenshot was faked. They first claimed that the thread did exist but I had merely "put in random characters", then claimed it wasn't Smash-related at all.
But the thread is real, it did exist. This is not the first time leaks happen on JVC, especially on the 18-25 forum, hence why it was censored and the mods tried to claim it as fake. That's why I'm posting here now as I get the feeling the censorship isn't going to be nearly as strong.

First of all, here's a proof that I indeed own the account:
https://i.gyazo.com/c1ee444ec4f1b6da9dcc90edd9659aef.png
https://i.gyazo.com/9d6b85c892a2cd552560ab9dcef36788.png
https://i.gyazo.com/e02fb5745e434422be3bc5b6d24b4ea9.png

If you guys still aren't convinced, there's this page: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/profil/lapailledor?mode=favoris. Basically it's a page where each user is allowed to make a list of their "favorite boards". Due to an oversight on JVC's part, it's possible to edit this list even when your account is banned. So you guys can just give me games and I'll put the boards pertaining to them in the list (JVC has a board for virtually every game).

Anyway, sorry for the long intro. The reason why I'm posting here is because I have since then managed to gather even more info on the game.
First of all, I can confirm what I said back in July: Ken, Black Shadow and Isaac are in. Giygas is there as a boss, and Event Mode is returning. Everything else I said then have been confirmed since, as you probably noticed.

There will be at least 5 more playable characters:
- Skull Kid, from the Zelda series
- Medusa, from Kid Icarus
- Ayumi Tachibana, from Famicom Detective Club
- Ninten, from the Mother series
- Reimu Hakurei, from Touhou Project

As well as 2 more bosses:
- Zero-Two from the Kirby series
- Kyurem from Pokemon

I also got info pertaining to stages.
- We're getting a new version of the Poke Floats stage from Melee. And I don't mean just a remastered version, it's a brand new stage, with new Pokemon and everything.
- We'll have the ability to choose the design of the Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination stages, between the designs of every Smash game up until now (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, Ultimate). They apparently made a version for each of them with remastered graphics.

That's all I got for now. I'm open to questions.
Found a great image in that thread
thanks

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Odds that they will continue to update the banner art with DLC characters? I don't see why not.
They probably will considering the banner's been made in a way they can just edit it each time to make extra space, first time we saw it didn't have the space for some of the characters revealed later. Plus extra money to make if people want to buy those banners

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I just came up a crazy but implausible idea. What if we got a type of item that acted like an Assist Trophy, but when used, a playable character that isn't being used currently shows up to help for a while? Cool, but not a big possibility.
Me? I just want the option for each player to have a fixed Assist Trophy summon and choose the character they want summoned. At least that way Lyn and Krystal can show up more often.
>Leaker is real
Oh uh, guys..... I think we're getting Reimu
I'd take with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be opposed to having Reimu, considering she's on my wish list.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Weird new pokemon.

Wonder if it acts like Ditto (transforming into another pokemon), but adding a steel typing.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think another big mural would be pretty damn awesome. Like all the characters on the side being surprised while the new guys come crashing down like the boxart.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wonder if ??? from Pokemon Go will be included in the game as a cross-promotional newcomer? /s

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Only few examples I can think of are Yars' Revenge, Centipede, & Breakout.
A week or two ago had a game about chosing characters from different companies, I also came to the conclusion that Yar would probably be Atari's best option. I even started trying to make a moveset.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What are some possible characters that the creators would refuse to use them in a game like Smash? i.e Monster Hunters in Capcom Vs games
If Smash Bros was a brand new concept being made today, definitely Pokemon.

IIRC, Smash 64 came out before the Pokemon Company was formed.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Cooking Mama definitely, which Is a shame because she has some amazing move set potential.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Plot twist, the new Pokemon in Smash isn't Incineroar, it's this thing.
They spawned for an hour today in Pokemon go but if you caught one it transformed into something else.

This is the trippiest Pokemon hint I've seen in a while.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
>Touhou character
Hahahahahaha, no.

Obviously fake. lmao

This said, that leak has some cool ideas. Too bad it's fake.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Smiling Blaze is very pure thing to look at
Ah yes. The one series of games that gives her such joy in her life, no wonder she's shown up in all of them.
They probably will considering the banner's been made in a way they can just edit it each time to make extra space, first time we saw it didn't have the space for some of the characters revealed later. Plus extra money to make if people want to buy those banners
I feel like any and all DLC characters, will be exclusively on the purple stone floors, at the edge of the pictures (except Rex and Pyra who'll probably end up next to Shulk, and Elma), and they'll just keep extending it to accommodate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom