• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
See, the thing is that if this person has access to something where he/she can access this menu, and it’s a build, then that can absolutely mean more is coming.

That also assumes he hasn’t been caught or ninja’d.

I just now had he image of Sakurai pointing at him, and his voicing sounding like Shao Kahn as he says, “Finish him!”, as he sends the Ninteninja’s after this mofo.

Now, part of me would love to see a new character that isn’t Incineroar because then there’s hope the box theory is a dead end. However, and keep this in mind, if the next character is Incineroar, that’s...a weird coincidence.

Like for everything to be Ken and Incineroar, Ken and Incineroar, Ken and Incineroar is, indicative of SOMETHING, but whether they are all that’s left for base roster I can’t say.

As others have said, hold onto your butts. This has potential to be the equivalent to the ESRB leak folks.
Exacty this. If we were to get Incineroar from this guy NOW, this would be to weird. This would turn to a very elaborate red herring in my book.

Which in all honesty would be REALLY interesting.

*Straps Butt up for HYPE*

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I hope the leaker also leaks Elma, Black Shadow, Chorus Kids and Waddle Dee. That’s literally ALL I NEED

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Have we ever seen a picture leaker only showcase a single character in the past? If I had access to a copy of the game and was going to leak it, I'd try to show off as many characters as possible. That's why the ESRB guy showed the full roster rather then gameplay screenshots, right?
No but all leakers are different. This one could just want to drip feed info because why not. It also could just be the only thing they have, which is a pretty depressing possibility.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't think the individual who published this extremely convincing leak featuring Ken is the same individual from a few days ago. My biggest reasoning is that the person from a few nights ago said they planned to post a video, not an image. And I don't think you can really use Ken to connect the two either, since Ken is pretty much a "if he's not there it's fake" fighter when it comes to leaks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright, but just to play devil's advocate (hopefully you all are aware of the phrase lol), why stop the ink but not other things like fat cat or other background aesthetics kept? The ink doesn't really impede the view of anything. It'd be like removing villagers from that Animal Crossing stage.
Maybe the ink is linked to the timer?

It's probably the same thing with the trailer, but of course none of us know how their dev tools work.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Olimar will likely get a bit of a boost in views when he’s featured in the Smash blog (like every other one not yet featured). Nice and interesting list but bound to change and switch around a bit still.
Yeah, I'm aware, but I can't help but wonder how Shulk has gotten nearly no attention compared to everyone else even at this point. I honestly won't pay much more attention to this though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See, the thing is that if this person has access to something where he/she can access this menu, and it’s a build, then that can absolutely mean more is coming.

That also assumes he hasn’t been caught or ninja’d.

I just now had he image of Sakurai pointing at him, and his voicing sounding like Shao Kahn as he says, “Finish him!”, as he sends the Ninteninja’s after this mofo.

Now, part of me would love to see a new character that isn’t Incineroar because then there’s hope the box theory is a dead end. However, and keep this in mind, if the next character is Incineroar, that’s...a weird coincidence.

Like for everything to be Ken and Incineroar, Ken and Incineroar, Ken and Incineroar is, indicative of SOMETHING, but whether they are all that’s left for base roster I can’t say.

As others have said, hold onto your butts. This has potential to be the equivalent to the ESRB leak folks.
Normally I would say we're bound to have a chance at getting an ESRB Leak-level of leak, but this isn't the Wii U era where Nintendo didn't give a **** about their games and consoles. If you look at Smash Ultimate's marketing and use of the competitive community - which has practically been more than ever before - they no doubt have a dedicated group of people to look at social media and various outlets to see if anything leaks.

At this point, by either later this evening or nighttime somebody is going to get extremely reprimanded and punished. I just can't see Sakurai not having a super-dedicated team of people to get after rogue deviants after the disaster that was Smash 4.

Chrono.

No but all leakers are different. This one could just want to drip feed info because why not. It also could just be the only thing they have, which is a pretty depressing possibility.
This is sadly what I'm leaning towards lol. That or he's staggering the leaks.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I don't think the individual who published this extremely convincing leak featuring Ken is the same individual from a few days ago. My biggest reasoning is that the person from a few nights ago said they planned to post a video, not an image. And I don't think you can really use Ken to connect the two either, since Ken is pretty much a "if he's not there it's fake" fighter when it comes to leaks.
Oh no, I definitely agree with this.
However, I do find it funny that this came out around the same timeframe as the text leak. Just definitely something to keep in mind if we eventually do see video by tonight or tomorrow.

Also, do you guys think we'll get another "Mother****ing Leaker" scenario?

Last edited:

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
If there's anything at all different about the size of his eyes I don't see why it can't just be a different build. Keep in mind that the trailers were so rushed that they would alternate between footage of early and updated builds featuring earlier designs of characters like Wolf:

Left is the final design with blue boots, lighter jacket and black knee straps and the right is an earlier design with a darker jacket with red boots and white knee straps only on the right side, both have been featured in the same trailers and the early design is even seen on screenshots on the website. You can see all the differences in this Post.
I get what you're saying but that's a simple colour correction, all of Pichu's proportions look off.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If the leaker leaks Incineroar or Geno. It's not really that shocking. After Ken? That's all I expect.

If Steve or someone even more wild gets leaked?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Now... if this person isn't a one-trick pony, which sadly seems unlikely, then I'm very much hoping we see some super requested fighters like Geno or maybe Issac. Seriously, if this ends up being a repeat of the ESRB leak I'll be wowed.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Obviously fake/****post leaks that take away from the discussion are not allowed
got this. dont ask how i got this but i got it somehow.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I get what you're saying but that's a simple colour correction, all of Pichu's proportions look off.
So are you trying to say they made their own Pichu instead of just copying readily available ones if it is fake? The fact that it's different makes it more likely real.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Or, you could just choose Pokemon that are popular, interesting AND of unique typing. Like Decidueye. It's one of the great things about there being 800+ Pokemon. Is there are picks you can make that meet ALL criteria.
Hey, you know the automap is an element of Metroid gameplay that isn't represented in Smash yet. Maybe they should make a character about that?
And yet I will.
Yeah, but where does it end? So many Types and Type Combinations exist.

Yeah, go to an illogical extreme to discredit a valid opinion, a poor argument.
I mean unique to Smash, not unique to Pokemon in general. Smash already has a Fire, and a Dark type. Grass and Ghost would have both been unique to Smash 4's Pokemon, but aren't in Ultimate thanks to Ivysaur returning.

Which is why Trainer shouldn't have come back. He brought back transforming characters, and overlapping Pokemon types, both of which the game was better without.
Yet the majority of people like that Pokémon Trainer is back. It's better to side with a majority then a minority when it comes to these things if you're a director. Pokémon Trainer's switching mechanic made him unique compared to every other character in the game, without it, Charizard is just another fire breathing reptile along with Bowser and Ridley.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
It's a bit annoying that this Ken leaker guy has only posted Ken so far. Even Incineroar would've been more interesting.
Indeed, I would at least got a few shoots of Ken attacks. But if he does show Incineroar then Box Theory is correct.

Have we ever seen a picture leaker only showcase a single character in the past? If I had access to a copy of the game and was going to leak it, I'd try to show off as many characters as possible. That's why the ESRB guy showed the full roster rather then gameplay screenshots, right?
That’s true, but this guy seems to be playing it safe... For now.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Indeed, I would at least got a few shoots of Ken attacks. But he does show Incineroar then Box Theory is correct.

That’s true, but this guy seems to be playing it safe... For now.
Box theory has never been specifically about Incineroar or any specific fighters, but rather the idea of only two fighters being remaining in the base game. So even if Incineroar was leaked it wouldn't confirm the box theory. Similarly, if another fighter other than Incineroar was leaked it wouldn't kill the box theory, either.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So guys, as regards Ken, I got a picture from the demo to recreate the Ken picture from Ryu. Here are the two pictures in a spoiler:

One detail to notice is how Pac-Man's feet clip on the upper platform of Moray Towers. This is because the game considers you on the lower level as soon as you are on the darker grey part of the tower, so running left will take you onto the lower level. This is one very specific detail that would be very easy to miss if fake. The proportions based on Ryu are looking good as well.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well there's a lot of fake leakers out there who only show one character because that's so much easier to fake then spreading your effort between several different character models. Remember Smash 4's Palutena leak?

Anyway, this could totally be real but I'm not going to get excited until we see more evidence.

D

Deleted member

Aside from all this leak talk, good news is that I'm able to play the actual game come tomorrow! It's a part of their whole "Tailgate Tour" thing so I figured why the hell not since my birthday is coming up.

The problem is that I don't think they've posted which times they open, and I dunno if I'm down for a long af line. Any tips you guys happen to have or know when they'll open said venue?
Here's the link for info: https://smashbros.nintendo.com/events/college-tailgate-tour/

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So guys, as regards Ken, I got a picture from the demo to recreate the Ken picture from Ryu. Here are the two pictures in a spoiler:

One detail to notice is how Pac-Man's feet clip on the upper platform of Moray Towers. This is because the game considers you on the lower level as soon as you are on the darker grey part of the tower, so running left will take you onto the lower level. This is one very specific detail that would be very easy to miss if fake. The proportions based on Ryu are looking good as well.
Damn, did you go to a demo location for this? If so good job!

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I will say one other thing though. If this is fake the creator deserves massive props because they'd have done a phenomenal job if that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom