• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel like a test build would have all characters in it for testing.

I'm no game dev tho so what do I know.
Likely playtesters would be given certain characters and scenarios to test on, there may be a glitch they're trying to replicate.
That is also a very real reason why Vergeben may be missing characters, if the playtesters who leaked to him only played specific characters on specific stages they may not even know about other characters at all.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I gotta say, if this is real, it's hilarious how Street Fighter characters were the subject of two crazy leaks for two consecutive Smash games.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
>ken leak confirms vergeben and the box theory
>incineroar and SE rep are pretty much in at this point
>minecraft representation in smash is practically shoo-in
>just found out that my high school love interest goes to the same college as i do
Why is life so good?
how box theory is that good ? it's NOT.

ken "leak" dont confirm anything yet for that box theory"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
>just found out that my high school love interest goes to the same college as i do
Why is life so good?

It’s does not confirm the box theory

Besides even if incineroar and ken are shown next there’s no way to know if there’s aren’t anymore

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Why is life so good?
My life's in shambles, which is why I need Ultimate to raise the QOL. Wish I could just hibernate until December 7th. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This leak is such a ****tease though.

Imagine having access to the entire roster and you just leak ****ing Ken.

Now we gotta sit on our hands.
It's because Ken's by far the most harmless to leak. Barely existent Smash fanbase and 95% chance he's an echo. Let's just say you could probably fill a McDonald's lobby with the number of people who would actually flip their doo-doo-caa-caa over Ken's reveal. Leak someone like Banjo and you'll probably have a black bag thrown over your head while you're taking a piss in a matter of days.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
The box leak is such a joke. You guys do realize this could also support the Prima leak, or the Stanley leak, both which featured Ken and Incineroar?

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
Limbs and facial features are incorrect size and shape.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Chumpodile/****%20you_zpsfnzdrdqi.png

come on man why did you make me open photoshop just for this

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
ugh... i think that in a week more we may get enough material to writ ea book on how that ken leak is real XD...

Yup..is real, i don't think we need to scan every single pixel to keep determining it's veracity XD

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... After this Ken Debacle happened, who do y'all think is gonna get leaked next? Place your bets...

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I think we all should come to the consensus that its 95% likely real.

The next argument should be though: is this person going to leak more? This was a random leak today, could it happen again soon?

Polan

Smash Lord
Limbs and facial features are incorrect size and shape.
to quote you
Your point would be better if you actually posted a comparison shot.
i really don't see the problems with pichu that you keep talking about. plus the evidence for it being real keeps piling on. if all you have is "pichu looks weird" then yeah i'm leaning towards this being legit.
It works, except when you can still tell what's being discussed because someone mentioned character designs.
whenever people start talking about zss out of nowhere, i'm like is that zss guy at it again? then i click ignored content and yeah he's at it again.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So... After this Ken Debacle happened, who do y'all think is gonna get leaked next? Place your bets...
Gonna play it safe and say Incineroar, he's the only other confirmed named character we have at this point. The SE character is not named and Minecraft is not confirmed to have a rep

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How on earth does this confirm the box leak?
While "confirm" seems like a strong word in this case, the box "leak" heavily implied that, of the two new characters, one of them would be an echo of Ryu. (or one of seven other characters, but Ken as a Ryu echo makes a ton of sense)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
For my sanity, Banjo. Realistically, Geno (though we already had a good looking one from a while back that was eventually debunked, so it won't mean as much).

I think we all should come to the consensus that its 95% likely real.

The next argument should be though: is this person going to leak more? This was a random leak today, could it happen again soon?
Nobody's under any obligation to come to a consensus. I'll remain on the fence until I see more, though I've warmed up more to it being real than on initial inspection. Not by much, though. If it is real, and they have access to a build, just show the CSS already, or up to four characters that haven't been revealed instead of one (depending on how much are left). Preferably in video form.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
For my sanity, Banjo. Realistically, Geno (though we already had a good looking one from a while back that was eventually debunked, so it won't mean as much).

Nobody's under any obligation to come to a consensus. I'll remain on the fence until I see more, though I've warmed up more to it being real than on initial inspection. Not by much, though. If it is real, and they have access to a build, just show the CSS already, or up to four characters that haven't been revealed instead of one (depending on how much are left). Preferably in video form.
I do agree, I hope its not just nothing or a drip feed of info. Just dump the complete CSS on us already.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Why do people keep saying this as if it disproves vergeben?
Leakers generally don't know every single detail in the game..I don't believe he claimed to
No, no you've got it wrong. People only say that to imply that there will be more characters left than just Incineroar and Ken, rather than saying Vergeben is fake.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I hope it's someone like Zeraora or Rex to throw everything on its head. This Ken leak is so safe and boring it feels like it doesn't even matter if it's true or not...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Why do people keep saying this as if it disproves vergeben?
Leakers generally don't know every single detail in the game..I don't believe he claimed to
It doesn’t

Some stuff will be successfully be kept in the shadows from gemusatu for this case Vergeben level leakers

For example none of the sources can figure out how the SE rep is

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Steve so the internet breaks.
Steve from Minceraft.
Oh, I hope so... Just to see the look on everyone's faces...
Gonna play it safe and say Incineroar, he's the only other confirmed named character we have at this point. The SE character is not named and Minecraft is not confirmed to have a rep
Yeah, I would say that too...
I just finished playing my first Rhythm Heaven game on my old DS Lite, and now i want any RH rep in Smash so bad, so i'm hoping for Chorus Kids or Karate Joe
Ah, I see. You are a man of fine culture...
For my sanity, Banjo. Realistically, Geno (though we already had a good looking one from a while
Either one would definitely set the internet ablaze
I hope it's someone like Zeraora or Rex to throw everything on its head. This Ken leak is so safe and boring it feels like it doesn't even matter if it's true or not...
That would definitely be interesting to say the least...
Between Inceniroar or the Full Character Select Sceen.
Now If the entire CSS Leaked, that would be really insane...

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is it bad that I would be ok with the roster leaking at this point?

I’m all for surprises, really I am. The biggest surprise ever with Smash was waking up before school to check the Brawl Dojo and finding my man Sonic smirking at me. Cloud was also an amazing surprise.

At this point though, I at least want a verification if Incineroar is all we’re getting. That’s it. I just want an idea of what to expect at this point.

I’d take a full roster leak, regardless of whether or not it’s just Ken and Incineroar, or if there’s more. Basically, I could strap my ass into a secure car seat for this, but part of me hopes that I lose my ass, just like Snake did, in the ultimate (heh) hype fest.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't think Pichu's proportions being slightly off really means anything in the long run anyway. His animations have a lot of squash and stretch to them, especially the taunt where he jumps in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom