• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Huh. Looks like there’s a chance Ken might be real. Interesting. If he does turn out to be real, I won’t be bothered.

Well, in other news Jump Firce looks like J-Stars 2.0 :glare:. I wish that kind of crossover was handled by Arc Systems. I truly do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I need Ken to get in so I can actually play Street Fighter in Smash. Just have to pick Suzaku Castle, and adjust the settings to Stock and Stamina (perhaps maximum HP), and just have Ryu there too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm still trying to catch up but Ken's been leaked or something? The image looks a bit believable, but I'm not trying to be biased.

Regardless of what happens with Ken I want his best theme in the game.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Still waiting for that video I see. For obscure reasons...
Called it!

Edit: Loving that all these "brave" people call Isabelle and Ken obvious locks after confirmation/a very likely visual leak confirmation, coming off that this was obvious only after the danger of being wrong and looking foolish is passed.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh, so now people are leaving the thread in fear of leaks? If I didn't want to be spoiled that badly I would have abandoned ship as far back as the whole Bloody Tears fiasco. Of course I'd still much rather not be spoiled, but I've made my peace with that by this point.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
So that Ken leak looking might legit + vergeban leak + add the box theory. Everything is converging the closer we get to release. I can't wait to see Incineroar and possibly the Square Enix rep (Sephiroth) as our final reveals :D

I hope Incineroar model looks mad good

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How many people would be cool with seeing Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden in Ultimate? I’d be pretty excited. It’d round out all of the iconic NES games, and Ryu Hayabusa is pretty cool as well.
I'm with you on that one. I think he'd be great. Not to mention the Izuna Drop would be the best throw in the series.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While Incineroar and Ken are as good as in, no matter how trustworthy Verge is, only Nintendo/Sakurai have the powers of confirmation, not leakers. Leakers give us rumors, and Nintendo confirms or deconfirms those rumors. No matter how good an image looks. It might be splitting hairs, but it's an important distinction to make to prevent our expectations spiraling out of control (which, to be fair, we're long passed that point).

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm with you on that one. I think he'd be great. Not to mention the Izuna Drop would be the best throw in the series.
Hey, me too! The trailer alone would get my main list to 9. I would hope he gets the Cloud treatment for alts, but I would be fine with simply the original or new.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait a minute guys, hear me out.

What if Nintendo knew what the box theory would do, but it was done intentionally? Brawl had its clouds, 4 had its shadows, and now we have the box being the object associated with Ultimate.

They've also purposely hidden the new mode from plain view, but people quickly decrypted it to find out it was Spirits mode. Once again, this was Nintendo's plan all along. They're warning us of what is to come.

That's right, it means one single thing...
image.jpeg

That's right. The Box Ghost is the final boss of Spirits Mode.
I mean isn't that a trapping tool though?
That doesn't delegitimize the whole idea though. Characters are more than the sum of their parts.

Last edited:

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I'm still holding out hope for an idea one guy had on here where they show the mural with everyone on it when the last direct is over and say they have revealed everyone, but suddenly the mural becomes a lot of puzzle pieces and fall over leading into a Banjo reveal. I wouldn't want something like that ruined by the entire CSS being leaked. The only leak I want right now is Shadow so we can throw away box theory.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I mean, is there anyone who doesn't believe the screenshot? It's a unique angle on a (very complex) existing stage, with 4 close-up 3D models and 4 2D renders, all of which match known assets in obvious and subtle ways.

This would be a ludicrously ambitious fake to consider making--why not do smaller, isolated characters like the fake Poke Floats shot, or just Ken alone? Why painstakingly recreate Moray Towers?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh, so now people are leaving the thread in fear of leaks? If I didn't want to be spoiled that badly I would have abandoned ship as far back as the whole Bloody Tears fiasco. Of course I'd still much rather not be spoiled, but I've made my peace with that by this point.
Credible image leaks are usually the tipping point.

Text leaks at least leave something to the imagination. Except when they don't, in which case they're as fake as a 25p coin.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm still holding out hope for an idea one guy had on here where they show the mural with everyone on it when the last direct is over and say they have revealed everyone, but suddenly the mural becomes a lot of puzzle pieces and fall over leading into a Banjo reveal. I wouldn't want something like that ruined by the entire CSS being leaked. The only leak I want right now is Shadow so we can throw away box theory.
Agreed

Shadow is the only one I really want to get leaked

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
to quote you

i really don't see the problems with pichu that you keep talking about. plus the evidence for it being real keeps piling on. if all you have is "pichu looks weird" then yeah i'm leaning towards this being legit.

whenever people start talking about zss out of nowhere, i'm like is that zss guy at it again? then i click ignored content and yeah he's at it again.
I posted a comparison that does indeed show the two Pichu models looking different, but I've just been shown another that matches the leak, so honestly I'm just unsure at this point. Also I try to focus on subtler things that might be overlooked that a leaker may hope goes unnoticed.

Edit: messed up quotation

Last edited:

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Ken getting in was a safe bet since Echoes got announced, and all but confirmed after Richter. Image definitely looks legit.

On the other hand... Take a risk leaking debug footage for Ken? Really? Go big or go home. Where's Banjo?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I mean, is there anyone who doesn't believe the screenshot? It's a unique angle on a (very complex) existing stage, with 4 close-up 3D models and 4 2D renders, all of which match known assets in obvious and subtle ways.

This would be a ludicrously ambitious fake to consider making--why not do smaller, isolated characters like the fake Poke Floats shot, or just Ken alone? Why painstakingly recreate Moray Towers?
Better yet we know about Ken lol, a faker would probably want to do something more interesting (nothing against Ken obviously)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Real or not Ken is pretty much a lock anyway, I'd be shocked as hell if he somehow didn't get in. I do believe it though, it's pretty convincing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Some people get mad when all you're doing is trying to discuss a leak, and not even being hostile / it was already brought up on recently anyway :I

Then some people are so against leaks, they dismiss any good ones without keeping it in mind. I mean, I understand because of the amount of horrible fake leaks and decent ones that get hopes up, but we don't have any fake leaks that have been done at this level of quality...

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Ken got leaked? Cool. He will be added to the "Never Played Their Game But They're Hot At Least" tier of my 'Outside of Smash' tier list.

In all seriousness, though, thank goodness something interesting happened. Nonstop talk about the box was driving me loony.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Leaker probably leaked Ken because they are in the know that everyone suspects him.

The Pokemon Rep and Square Rep as well as anyone else leave room for surprises and thus people might not believe them.

Even with all the evidence for this image I feel like you slapped say Geno or Steve or whoever in this image? There'd be far more people reaching to discredit it.

Remember Duck Hunt and how everyone tried to prove it wrong? People legit thought it was an altered Pluto from Disney. Like that might be why they leaked Ken and only Ken so far.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Was the ken leaker the same peron who said stanley was in
We don't know.
It's just it was posted around the same timeframe so.

I'm just hoping an actual video or any other characters actually get out, especially if this correlates with the Stanley leak.
So does this mean that Ken and Incenaroar could be the final newcomers?
Possibly, it could help whatever boat or theory you're supporting.
I wouldn't go that far, but who knows.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
While Incineroar and Ken are as good as in, no matter how trustworthy Verge is, only Nintendo/Sakurai have the powers of confirmation, not leakers. Leakers give us rumors, and Nintendo confirms or deconfirms those rumors. No matter how good an image looks. It might be splitting hairs, but it's an important distinction to make to prevent our expectations spiraling out of control (which, to be fair, we're long passed that point).
While you're right, I don't think that Sakurai would ever walk back an authentic leak (I'm not saying that that's what you think he'll do, it's just implied in the realm of possibility) to be spiteful. If memory serves, Shulk's splash art during his reveal in Smash 4 was a reference to previous leaks showing that he was playable. If anything, an authentic leak like this Ken one would give us a pun in the splash art when he is revealed.

In a universe where Sakurai would be spiteful and punish the entire fanbase because of leakers though, it's interesting to think what kind of joke characters we'd get instead of the leaked ones. Like, what if we got Tumble from Mario Party 3 instead of Ridley? What if we got Sudowoodo instead of Ken? Scarfy instead of Simon Belmont? It's scary to think about but funny at the same time. Thankfully with the way game development works we don't have to worry about Sakurai scrapping entire characters just because they were leaked... or do we?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Three possibilities:
  • The leaker only had access to Ken
  • The leaker is getting a rise out of this and plans multiple escalating leaks
  • The leaker wanted a taste of the leaker life, without causing a full-on manhunt
Because this is a debug screenshot, I doubt the first possibility?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well R.I.P Ken leak. Lasted 5 minutes.

So, I came up with a roster of Smash was made for the SNES.
:ultmario:
:ultluigi:
:ultdk:
:ultlink:
:ultsamus:
:ultpit:
:ultkirby:
:ultfox:
:ultmarth:
:ultfalcon:
:ultness:
:ultmegaman:
:ultsimon:
(Cecil Harvey from Final Fantasy)
(Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden)
(Bill Rizier from Contra)
(Rash from Battletoads)
What do you think?
EDIT: Made some changes. Removed Pokemon and added Marth.
Wouldn't Ryu still be there? Maybe Pac-Man too.

If I did a SNES era only roster it'd be pretty close to yours though. Fully sprite based too.
:ultmario::ultluigi:(clone of Mario):ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultwario:
:ultdk::ultdiddy:(with Dixie, like the Ice Climbers)
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Pig Ganon)
:ultsamus::ultridley:
:ultmarth:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:
:ultness:
:ultfox:
:ultfalcon:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultpacman:(with Ms. Pac-Man clone):ultmegaman:(with Protoman Clone):ultryu:(with Ken Clone):ultsimon::ultrichter:(Dracula X got a SNES port), :ultsnake:
Ryu Hayabusa
Arthur(Ghost N' Goblins)
Rash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom