• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
We've talked about that probably more than any leak posted here in the past days. I enjoy Tails, but I honestly enjoy and appreciate Shadow more. Chances are pretty zilch not happening IMO.
Hm, whoops, I only saw like three posts that had anything to do with Tails, my bad. I also highly disagree with you last statement, but it's probably just bias

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sakurai: "This time every stage will be available from the start"

Leaker: "There are 6 unlockable stages"

The leaks in recent days have been incredibly low effort and desperate. Return of Tabuu lmao.
While the leak is fake, there is a lot of confusion surrounding stages. When talking about unlocking, he only said "all of these" stages have eight player battle and can be played from the beginning. Which could be referring to the 103 revealed, not the total, although the text under him said "All stages selectable from the get-go." There's also ambiguity if the 103 stages is the total or not. But there are plenty of other things in that text leak that make it clearly fake.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Put Celica on your fake image leaks, you cowards.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Put Celica on your fake image leaks, you cowards.
Listen, we're all for insane possibilities with leaks, but nobody would try to devalue their leak immediately with that move. :redface:

Iridium

Smash Hero
He’s T-posing to assert his dominance on the roster — shot

Also, I wish we did have a couple reveals before the demo just to end the E3 demo cycle already
If Skull Kid gets in, we all need to T-pose for however long his trailer is. I'm ready.

D

Deleted member

*crunch*, oh, sorry, It's just hilarious watching everyone agrgue over which of you thinks we should stop talking about leaks, when half of you thinks we should and the other half is ignoring you and posting leaks anyway, so I popped some popcorn, want some?
On a less passive agressive note, who thinks Tails can (not should) get in over Shadow, and what the chances of that happening are?
Tails would probably make an easier echo than Shadow; you wouldn't have to change a thing. Sure, he can fly with his copter tail, but there's nothing against him using a spring for some height either. He could have Sonic's entire moveset and it wouldn't look the least bit out of place; he even has the same running animation, so there'd be no need to change that (just make sure the tails rotate when he runs). I'd say to make him a bit different, just make him and his attacks a bit slower, but a bit stronger.

As for his chances of making it in, it depends. If the Heroes vs Villains motif is real, then Shadow is more likely (even though he's more of an anti-hero), but if that motif is not actually a thing, then Tails has the better chance because he's way more iconic than Shadow. Plus, he has a darker back story if nobody has seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aku6nEXNbn0

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude **** Shadow if Kiryu has a bigger chance to be in, this is a Chad's game if he gets to be with the swole boys like :ultchrom::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Dude **** Shadow if Kiryu has a bigger chance to be in, this is a Chad's game if he gets to be with the swole boys like :ultchrom::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultrichter:
Hear me out here. Yakuza is insanely popular in Japan, and it's starting to get a pretty big following in the West too. SEGA would want to capitalize on that.

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I’m all for ultimate being nothing but buff men fighting

Shroob

Sup?
"Gee, it sure is boring around he---"
*Gets buried under a million fakes*

.....to be honest, we asked for this. It was only a matter of time until the picture leaks started going into overdrive due to how close to launch we are.

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
I'd love to hear why, I always enjoy friendly Smash debates. Don't feel bad, we haven't discussed that too recently.
While Shadow is the easier Echo, Tails has large potential to be a uniuque fighter, and, in my friend group, (I can even have someone vouch for me on this) Tails is the most popular sonic charecter, even more than sonic himself. At the same time, I prefer Tails because I connect with him on a personal level, as such, I WILL be and AM biased. However you did use personal prefrence as an argument, so I feel safe using it as well. Tails would be a powerful zoner, with good projectiles, while being a glass cannon, a nice archtype, despite having a likely abusable recovery, I think he has the potential to be the best zoning charecter in the game

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Doesn’t he have a look-alike in the cutscenes? I mean, it is a separate character, but, kinda close enough, right?
But yeah, he didn’t even have a look-alike in Black Knight IIRC.
Actually, if I remember it right, he has a lookalike in Black Knight, but not Secret Rings.

I'm going off of like a ten year old memory though, I could be wrong.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
if you put any sonic character in smash aside from eggman all of them will likely have spindash as there down special

and people will meme it as the new down special counter

Noipoi

Howdy!
"Gee, it sure is boring around he---"
*Gets buried under a million fakes*

.....to be honest, we asked for this. It was only a matter of time until the picture leaks started going into overdrive due to how close to launch we are.
Man, that's crazy.
we first heard about this game six months ago, and we only have three months to go instead of three years.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I stopped believing leaks years ago. Never looked back, and I'm incredibly happy.
I take quality leaks with a grain of a salt until we can get some information that points to it either being probable or fake. I think everyone would do well to consider doing the same.

There are a lot of reasons why I personally don't like to partake in leak discussion much anymore, and influxes of them like this is just one of those reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom