• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice

What in the ****
Even though this "leak" is obviously fake, I would love 12 outfits per character. I have always been of the mindset that Smash should incorporate as many canon costumes as possible and include color swaps if they need to fill up the number of costumes or run out of canon costumes. An I mean full canon, not "inspired by" like many costumes already in Smash. For many characters on the roster, it would not be difficult to get 8-10 canon costumes.

Untouch

Smash Master
We already know stages aren't ****ing unlockable. It said in the direct.
Leak dead, move on.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Even though this "leak" is obviously fake, I would love 12 outfits per character. I have always been of the mindset that Smash should incorporate as many canon costumes as possible and include color swaps if they need to fill up the number of costumes or run out of canon costumes. An I mean full canon, not "inspired by" like many costumes already in Smash. For many characters on the roster, it would not be difficult to get 8-10 canon costumes.
This.
Recolors are so lame. We need some more creative and inspired costumes like Mario's builder and wedding outfits.

I for one would love to see more creative costumes like Project M.

Chrono.

Man, since they went through the trouble of adding Bomberman as an AT, it'd be nice if they added some music from it too.

Or at least just a remix of Redial from Hero.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man, since they went through the trouble of adding Bomberman as an AT, it'd be nice if they added some music from it too.

Or at least just a remix of Redial from Hero.

I want some music from Bomberman 64. I need the funky jams!

Iridium

Smash Hero
If it gets Link his purple and yellow alts back, with maybe a LttP recolor and perhaps on OoT recolor too, then I'm all for it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a topic, ignoring the amount of work that it'd take to get all companies on board, what characters that were iconic to an age or console do you think still need to be added, be it as character or assist trophy?

I'll get the ball rolling.

Arcade
  • Space Invaders
  • Q-Bert
  • Paperboy
  • Wizard from Gauntlet
  • George from Rampage
  • Frogger from Frogger (Best roadkill simulator, loses points for frog that can't swim)
NES
  • Bub & Bob from Bubble Bobble
  • Ryu Hyabusa from Ninja Gaiden
  • Jimmy & Billy Lee from Double Dragon (or Jimmy & Bimmy)
  • Arthur from Ghost and Goblins
  • Jason & Sophia III of Blaster Master
  • Black Mage of Final Fantasy
  • Alex from River City Ransom aka Kunio from Kunio-Kun (licencing on this one is messy)
  • Slime from Dragon Quest (Checked the sale numbers and they're truly nuts. Could be DQ 3 protag instead)
  • Bill & Lance from Contra (Not sure about the guns but I'm sure that something can be done. Maybe they'll be sprites)
  • Nathan "Rad" Spencer from Bionic Commando (Hopefully not in edgy wife-arm mode)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Here's a topic, ignoring the amount of work that it'd take to get all companies on board, what characters that were iconic to an age or console do you think still need to be added, be it as character or assist trophy?

Arcade
  • Space Invaders
  • Q-Bert
  • Paperboy
  • Wizard from Gauntlet
  • George from Rampage
  • Frogger from Frogger (Best roadkill simulator, loses points for frog that can't swim)
NES
  • Alex from River City Ransom aka Kunio from Kunio-Kun (licencing on this one is messy)
  • Slime from Dragon Quest (Checked the sale numbers and they're truly nuts. Could be DQ 3 protag instead)
  • Bill & Lance from Contra (Not sure about the guns but I'm sure that something can be done. Maybe they'll be sprites)
  • Nathan "Rad" Spencer from Bionic Commando (Hopefully not in edgy wife-arm mode)
Don't forget Dig Dug! And what do you think about Urban Champion?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't forget Dig Dug! And what do you think about Urban Champion?
Technically Dig-Dug has representation in Smash, just could use a bit more but that's another topic.
And Urban Champion... was that the game where people dropped flowerpots on you?

Onua

Smash Journeyman
While probably fake
This is the weirdest leak I've seen so far
> se rep, poke rep, indie rep, fossil fighter, ayumi, isaac, ken and medusa feels like such a weird list to go off

> waddle dee and skull kid not being in sucks tbh

I dont believe this at all but at least its not copy paste of every single other leak.

Hope a direct comes out soon so we can stop having all of these all the time

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/429989959

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Iridium

Smash Hero
Technically Dig-Dug has representation in Smash, just could use a bit more but that's another topic.
And Urban Champion... was that the game where people dropped flowerpots on you?
Oh, I meant a playable Dig Dug, but I might be getting confused.

As for Urban Champion, check this out:

Edit: Heck yeah! You're right!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Arcade
  • Space Invaders
  • Q-Bert
  • Paperboy
  • Wizard from Gauntlet
  • George from Rampage
NES
>no Bill and Lance from Contra
disappointed

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh, I meant a playable Dig Dug, but I might be getting confused.

As for Urban Champion, check this out:
WHat if there's an Urban Champion stage where every so often all the characters stop what they're doing and go into the background and whistle nervously when a cop shows up. Can you imagine characters like Charizard doing that?

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think well get a direct in september or october? Just to like go away from leak discussion for now.
September, not because of the online service, but they are still saying that they have yet to reveal all their fall lineup. I mean, we got Valkyria Chronicles 1 announced today in October, so that's a plus.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do you guys think well get a direct in september or october? Just to like go away from leak discussion for now.
Maybe not a Direct, but I fully expect a newcomer reveal in September. We're slowly approaching the three month mark, so unless they do a huge info dump all at once, characters will need to be shown off back to back up until release.

Iridium

Smash Hero
WHat if there's an Urban Champion stage where every so often all the characters stop what they're doing and go into the background and whistle nervously when a cop shows up. Can you imagine characters like Charizard doing that?
Snake and Cloud would be so smug . . .

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
These rumors are just boring. They're all just the same characters people are expecting right one. With the occasional unexpected character thrown in the mix.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Man that stage would be OP if Chun-li was playable.

"Oh good, backup's here!"

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Arcade
  • Space Invaders
  • Q-Bert
  • Paperboy
  • Wizard from Gauntlet
  • George from Rampage
NES
A Boy and His Blob for an assist trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom