• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Twenty five more pages in the last few hours:

what's the sitch?
Fake things surround us on all sides. We cry fake and they keep coming. Stay low, be alert and keep your guard up. Because it’s been leaks and tiny arguments galore.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Random question:
Could we make the assist trophy not random? So you could select what characters come out before the match starts. (similar to how we can select what items will show up)
I like that, as one of the reasons I think people don't like their characters being assists (outside of not being able to play them ofc) is that it's random, so you only get to see them randomly. That being said, I much rather like my idea of a mode where Assist Trophy is a playable character--can choose which one before the battle starts. Certain characters with workable moves, like Lyn, Bomberman, Alucard (especially him, as he looks nearly like a playable character), Zero, Ashley, Waluigi, etc. who could be configured to be playable. Would completely throw off the balance, but it's optional and a nice compromise.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Well then, just so that people don't leave the thread

Leaks, leaks, GameFAGs, 4chan, hat goombas, Direct date predictions.
Why do you want to keep people in the thread for junk they don’t want?
Sorry for sounding harsh, I’m just curious what your motive is here.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Im appreciative of everyone who quoted and answered my question... but as always, what are the leaks?
I don't think I'm going to drop the "it makes no sense for leak chaos to be all one thread" stance.... maybe someone else can direct me to a forum where leaks are a bit easier to follow? It's just too difficult to find the speculation in this thread.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Im appreciative of everyone who quoted and answered my question... but as always, what are the leaks?
I don't think I'm going to drop the "it makes no sense for leak chaos to be all one thread" stance.... maybe someone else can direct me to a forum where leaks are a bit easier to follow? It's just too difficult to find the speculation in this thread.
Fake images/renders basically. Some of them are downright laughable.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Why do you want to keep people in the thread for junk they don’t want?
Sorry for sounding harsh, I’m just curious what your motive is here.
Because in 2 hours i'll reveal gameplay footage Nothing, only to keep the thread going, but enough about me.

Okay everyone, if you could replace one of the current characters from the roster with your most wanted, who would you replace with?

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Because in 2 hours i'll reveal gameplay footage Nothing, only to keep the thread going, but enough about me.

Okay everyone, if you could replace one of the current characters from the roster with your most wanted, who would you replace with?
You should probably chuck in filters into that question such as:
swap an echo for an echo.
swap a unique for a unique.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'd replace Roy with Lyn.

Course it's not gonna happen.
Sakurai and Lyn.jpg

Feelsbadman.jpg

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah I always disliked the "appeal to casuals" arguments, which could never have any real evidence backing them, and were pretty much just used to dismiss poll results and popular characters someone doesn't like (K. Rool, Ridley, and Geno being most often subjected to it), while also being used to make someone's favored character's support/demand sound much bigger than it appears (which I always found especially shoddy, when casuals know how to use the internet and such demand that if existed would be made clear somewhere).
The 1.8 million votes didn't exactly come exclusively from hardcore fans since there aren't even close to a million Smash fans that could even be qualified as hardcore.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
And there's still two months left to go...

Please give us a new trailer soon.

...watch it be for Agnes

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Posting fake leaks should not be treated like a ****post guys.

Otherwise you just flood the thread with pointless stuff.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mmm I dont know but someone on 4chan pointed out something really true… it's fake anyways
Of course it's fake, but it IS wrong.

E3 demo Mario's portrait was an actual in-game model, not his CSS render.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I would love to hear Love’s Vagrant in Smash.
All of the themes, honestly.

Imagine if when they activated their final smash, their theme started playing and afterwards the music would keep on playing and they'd get a buff for however long the song kept playing for.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
In the mean time, rate this roster:

And we get 5 more stages:
- Aether Paradise (Incineroar)
- Rhythm Heaven (Chorus Kids)
- Venus Lighthouse (Isaac)
- Gruntilda's Castle (Banjo & Kazooie)
- Forest Maze (Geno)

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
I forgot Shepand Pagwins friend group actually determines who's in the game.
I can't help but feel decades worth of fanpolls would disagree. I think my personal argument was a bit different from that.
(Hope I'm not coming across as rude. Again, I like Tails.)

Potential to be a UNIQUE fighter.
In Ultimate, the fact of the matter is that we don't have that much space for those alongside everything else being bought back for added.
Echoes are the talk of the town. Shadow would be a perfect Echo. Change the Up Special and maybe the Down Special and snap, it's that easy. Well, no it isn't, there's plenty of other elements to be added but certainly MUCH less work than a unique like Tails would take.
That's not getting started on Shadow's popularity in the Smash fanbase, and the Sonic fanbase. Yes, Tails is quite big, has been since his debut, but Shadow did kinda get his own game.

I definitely wouldn't make assumptions about a characters entire playstyle before they're even in. Perhaps he could be the best up-close character. Best zoner. We dunno because he isn't in.
You argument felt very much like I like shadow better than tails, so instead of insulting that argument, (because I feel it is a valid but poor reason to support a character) I did the same thing and explained my bias toward Tails.
Also, I was drawing conclusions out of my experience, and in my corner of the world, which consists of a large part of youtube, my friends etc. All of which agree Shadow ruined the Sonic franchise. (I don't agree with this, I like Shadow) As for Shadow's game, it WAS a phase, a poor attempt by SEGA to hop on a trend. For all I know, Tails is the favorite for the Sonic franchise, as such, I drew a conclusion based on that. At the same time, I could be wrong, but the evidence I was able to gather suggests the contrary. I included my thoughts on his character to explain myself
Tl;DR, I wasn't explaining my reasons, I was explaining the circumstances that brought me to find these reasons
Side note, SEGA may not want either of them in, as they've been pushing side characters back a bit, and giving Sonic a more starring role (classic SEGA, overreacting to a problem and simultaneously creating a new one), so they may choose to withhold both shadow and Tails.
But that just me, I dunno

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing that bugs me, does Labor Day apply to the US site maintainers?

Why do people want Shantae?! She's just some horny man's dream
Funny part about that one is it's not entirely true.
Instead it would be "some chick's feminist power fantasy". :p

All of the themes, honestly.

Imagine if when they activated their final smash, their theme started playing and afterwards the music would keep on playing and they'd get a buff for however long the song kept playing for.
So, a Trombe equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom