• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
WHat if there's an Urban Champion stage where every so often all the characters stop what they're doing and go into the background and whistle nervously when a cop shows up. Can you imagine characters like Charizard doing that?
Yeah now that you've said that there's pretty much nothing else in this world I want more than that. Nothing sounds better to me than seeing Ridley and Ganondorf whistling nervously trying not to arouse police suspicion. There's something absolutely beautiful about that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's a topic, ignoring the amount of work that it'd take to get all companies on board, what characters that were iconic to an age or console do you think still need to be added, be it as character or assist trophy?

I'll get the ball rolling.

Arcade
  • Space Invaders
  • Q-Bert
  • Paperboy
  • Wizard from Gauntlet
  • George from Rampage
  • Frogger from Frogger (Best roadkill simulator, loses points for frog that can't swim)
NES
  • Bub & Bob from Bubble Bobble
  • Ryu Hyabusa from Ninja Gaiden
  • Jimmy & Billy Lee from Double Dragon (or Jimmy & Bimmy)
  • Arthur from Ghost and Goblins
  • Jason & Sophia III of Blaster Master
  • Black Mage of Final Fantasy
  • Alex from River City Ransom aka Kunio from Kunio-Kun (licencing on this one is messy)
  • Slime from Dragon Quest (Checked the sale numbers and they're truly nuts. Could be DQ 3 protag instead)
  • Bill & Lance from Contra (Not sure about the guns but I'm sure that something can be done. Maybe they'll be sprites)
  • Nathan "Rad" Spencer from Bionic Commando (Hopefully not in edgy wife-arm mode)
Metal Slug
Mortal Kombat
Final Fight
Shin Megami Tensei

That's just off the top of my head (and the bottom of my signature)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah now that you've said that there's pretty much nothing else in this world I want more than that. Nothing sounds better to me than seeing Ridley and Ganondorf whistling nervously trying not to arouse police suspicion. There's something absolutely beautiful about that.
Police: "Hmm, that murder dragon has a Pikachu's head attached to his tail. He looks like he's not causing trouble, moving on..."

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, I looked up more NES games, and I found these:

Can anyone here say they remember these?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
M'kay, so I've got a genuine question that doesn't involve fake leaks.

Based on the August Direct, we can assume Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, and Final Fantasy will not be receiving new music, correct? I'm asking because I'm trying to narrow down the franchises that haven't gotten a remix on the site yet.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
JO i just watched some of the leaked dmc 5 footage, and...
remember the guy who said dante is in smash?
well that dude also said all kinds of stuff about the story, plot, and that third character all confirmed true in this footage basicly, well what was not in the demo of the game,
so what about dante
his chances based on that leak have been rly high right now

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Random question:
Could we make the assist trophy not random? So you could select what characters come out before the match starts. (similar to how we can select what items will show up)

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Nah i don't even know how to make a drawing, let alone a whole render
Even if you aren’t making them, you’re throwing the majority of them in here expecting everyone to gnash at them like wild squirrel dogs in a slippery pit.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
JO i just watched some of the leaked dmc 5 footage, and...
remember the guy who said dante is in smash?
well that dude also said all kinds of stuff about the story, plot, and that third character all confirmed true in this footage basicly, well what was not in the demo of the game,
so what about dante
his chances based on that leak have been rly high right now
Even if I would really like Dante in smash, the fact that the guy had legit info about DMCV doesn't necessary confirm that he really saw the trailer for Dante. Because, remember, he didn't say he heard Dante would be in, he specifically described the entire trailer.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Even if you aren’t making them, you’re throwing the majority of them in here expecting everyone to gnash at them like wild squirrel dogs in a slippery pit.
What? No, i'm just bringing them here to sparkle more discussion
Why not find a Batman "leak"?
He's my #1 never ever pick, but a leak cointaining him would just be very dumb and laughable
Batman's really the only non-video game character I would actually like in Smash
A man of culture as well, i see

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
What? No, i'm just bringing them here to sparkle more discussion

He's my #1 never ever pick, but a leak cointaining him would just be very dumb and laughable

The discussion of how terrible they are? We know that before we even know they exist.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why would you want Home-run contest cut?
To add in...ULTIMATE HOME RUN!!!!...also to make Sandbag the most op character in all of gaming
It's not cannibalism if the person he's eating isn't of the same species as him :yoshi:
What if Luigi is part Yoshi, while Yoshi has his Mama Luigi DNA?
You like culture...well Imma disappoint by saying Spider-Man for Smash

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Twenty five more pages in the last few hours:

what's the sitch?