• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
In the mean time, rate this roster:

And we get 5 more stages:
- Aether Paradise (Incineroar)
- Rhythm Heaven (Chorus Kids)
- Venus Lighthouse (Isaac)
- Gruntilda's Castle (Banjo & Kazooie)
- Forest Maze (Geno)
I'd replace either the Chorus kids or Bandana Dee for Shantae or Batman and you got the perfect roster.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I forgot how fanservice-y the Bravely alternate costume DLC was. Imagine having such kinky outfits you don't even get them outside of Japan.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I could see Alternis Ringabel as an Assist if Agnes ever did get in.
I’d rather they all be like what’s his face for Olimar and just be alts. Agnes being the playable character doesn’t really make sense when Tiz is the main character of Bravely Default.

kylexv

Smash Master

- Forest Maze (Geno)
Literally the closest you can get to a perfect roster imo.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Mmm I dont know but someone on 4chan pointed out something really true… it's fake anyways
To be fair, weren't the renders at E3 replaced later down the road in other demos?

I recall them being lower quality than their official renders. Of course, not defending the leak, just raising the possibility.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I... uh. What does that even mean? Hype is hype how can it be linear or nonlinear?
I'd rather not even try to understand that, this drought is making people talk nonsense now.

I've no idea what that is.
Basically, a song associated with the Super Robot Wars character Elzam V. Branstein. There was a glitch in one of the OG installments that had his theme song override everybody else's. This was so awesome that the effect was kept for all subsequent appearances in the series.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Because in 2 hours i'll reveal gameplay footage Nothing, only to keep the thread going, but enough about me.

Okay everyone, if you could replace one of the current characters from the roster with your most wanted, who would you replace with?
Dark Pit for Tails

Even if going by the filter that lizard1929 lizard1929 mentioned. Then Dr. Mario for Tails :V Dr. Mario isn't classified as an echo. So ha.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Basically, a song associated with the Super Robot Wars character Elzam V. Branstein. There was a glitch in one of the OG installments that had his theme song override everybody else's. This was so awesome that the effect was kept for all subsequent appearances in the series.
That sounds.

****ing.

Awesome.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I forgot how fanservice-y the Bravely alternate costume DLC was. Imagine having such kinky outfits you don't even get them outside of Japan.
Well when they’re like 13 and have those outfits you can’t really blame them lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Rabbid Mario is my most wanted newcomer and we don't lose Castlevania representation with Richter's absence, since Simon's there.
Granted if it were up to me I wouldn't cut anyone but the I did it for the sake of the prompt.
But if we didn't have Richter, people would go "Hey, that's a Richter move! Why not have him instead of Simon?" The appearance of the two Belmonts complement each other.

Noipoi

Howdy!

- Forest Maze (Geno)
I really think Banjo's stage will be Spiral Mountain, but besides that good roster.
It's a little safe, but the fact that we can call this roster safe is actually amazing.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
You singled out the guy that wanted Rabbid Mario but didn't notice the guy that wanted freaking BOSHI!!!
>Boshi
>weird
If anything, he's ****ING badass, he'd be a surprise addition that would make me have a heart attack.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

- Forest Maze (Geno)
Pretty solid roster tbh, would be satisfied.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Speaking of Mario + Rabbids, Nintendo should buy the Rayman and the Rabbids IPs from Ubisoft. I'm sure they would treat them like the quality mascots they are.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But if we didn't have Richter, people would go "Hey, that's a Richter move! Why not have him instead of Simon?" The appearance of the two Belmonts complement each other.
No, I'm pretty sure only Castlevania fans would know where that came from. And even then, they'd be happy Simon references Richter.

Like, no one here complained "Now it's Shulk time!" was a Reyn move and said "Hey, where's Reyn!"

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I kinda hope banjo will get "Smashified" like with K Rool.
Take the base of his iconic, original design, but add the few good elements from his modern design. Like how K Rool got that gem on his cape.
Actually it's reverse with K. Rool. His model is clearly based more on the modern design but added a few good elements from his classic design like his bulgy eye and gold belly.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Like, no one here complained "Now it's Shulk time!" was a Reyn move and said "Hey, where's Reyn!"
I didn't complain because of Shulk time, I complained because he stole War Swing from Reyn. :seuss:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I kinda hope banjo will get "Smashified" like with K Rool.
Take the base of his iconic, original design, but add the few good elements from his modern design. Like how K Rool got that gem on his cape.
What good elements of Nuts and Bolts are there?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think we'll get Spiral Mountain rather then Gruntilda's Castle. I can though just imagine Gruntilda being a stage hazard giving the player a rhyming quiz question and if they correct right will attack the other players but if you get it wrong, she'll attack you instead.

cipher35

Smash Rookie
Okay, so apparently Devil hunter from DMC got uploaded to Youtube and was taken down by Nintendo. This pic was found on twitter by a friend

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is one of the greatest games I ever played and I will stand by that
Have you ever tried X-COM or X-COM2?
Same concept, much more depth. Also much harder.
I’m not saying you should like that one more, just suggesting it as another game with grid-based tactical gameplay.
Also, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Technically Goku came over to the US in video game form FIRST!!!:

:troll::yoshi:
There was a really weird period in the early/mid 90s where DBZ was mostly considered a gamer thing in the US because the cartoon hadn't come over yet but the Super Butoden games on Super Famicon were like the most imported games of the 16 bit gen so they got big coverage in all the American gaming magazines which completely eclipsed the merger cultural penetration of the anime in America at the time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
K. Rool has his tail in Ultimate, right? It always, and I mean ALWAYS feels wrong to me whenever he's shown without it...
Yeah, It's there. It's not as noticeable as it is in DKC but it's there.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Actually it's reverse with K. Rool. His model is clearly based more on the modern design but added a few good elements from his classic design like his bulgy eye and gold belly.
Get out of my house! Modern design has no tail, stress eye, scales, gold belly, has a smaller crown. The shade of green was also taken back to the original. All elements of of the original and the rest were also shared by the original. So, it’s pretty much just the gem.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
There was a really weird period in the early/mid 90s where DBZ was mostly considered a gamer thing in the US because the cartoon hadn't come over yet but the Super Butoden games on Super Famicon were like the most imported games of the 16 bit gen so they got big coverage in all the American gaming magazines which completely eclipsed the merger cultural penetration of the anime in America at the time.
Wasn't DBZ a big thing in France YEARS before it got big in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom