• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, so apparently Devil hunter from DMC got uploaded to Youtube and was taken down by Nintendo. This pic was found on twitter by a friend
Untitled.jpg

This is exactly how I said how Nintendo would take actual leaks. Don't know if this actually happened, but whatever man.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Okay, so apparently Devil hunter from DMC got uploaded to Youtube and was taken down by Nintendo. This pic was found on twitter by a friend
Alright lets just see if I fully understand this.

Somebody posted a DMC song on youtube, and in the description claimed it was for his inclusion in Ultimate.

Then Nintendo took it down due to copyright.

I suppose its... interesting. But IDK if it really means anything

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ohohoho. The plot thickens.

teddie.PNG

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Speaking of Mario + Rabbids, Nintendo should buy the Rayman and the Rabbids IPs from Ubisoft. I'm sure they would treat them like the quality mascots they are.
Sadly, more than half of the third-party franchises in Smash would be in better hands if Nintendo bought them.

Interesting. This rumor kind of came out of nowhere though. I'll keep an eye on it, but I don't know if all of this ties together or not.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
What good elements of Nuts and Bolts are there?
I like Banjo's bulkier body and stance in N&B. And his eyes being less bulgy and squished together. Obviously the blockiness stinks and his nose is a bit too big.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just surprised Nintendo hasn't bought out Sega since the only franchise that's keeping the company alive is Sonic.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I always figured if we ever got another Capcom rep it would be Dante. However, I never thought we would get another Capcom rep so soon, but it is Dante so I wasn't wrong.

If Dante is in then I'll be super happy with it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dante I feel really has no place in Smash tbh. There's characters who are more deserving such as Banjo-Kazooie.
No character ever deserves to be in Smash.
:ultsnake: No character ever has to "match" with Smash; :ultbayonetta:
And no character has to take flack because one guy thinks differently. Sakurai does what he wants.

Dante is also like, the King of hack'n'slash along with the Queen Bayonetta. maybe because they were made by the same guy idk

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He's the hack n' slash guy, no way he would be missing from Smash
Yeah but he really has never had any history with Nintendo. Banjo-Kazooie though had hence why they deserve to get in over him. Besides Capcom's already got two reps. I think that's more then enough.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I'm gonna need receipts. And IIRC anyone can file a copyright claim on Youtube for a takedown, and since the process is automated it's not reversed until it's contested.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

cipher35

Smash Rookie
I'm still not sure on whether to fully believe Dante's previous deconfirmation. I'm more on the "We'll see" side of things. That is even if this turns out to be fake.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Dante I feel really has no place in Smash tbh. There's characters who are more deserving such as Banjo-Kazooie.
I would only ever feel this way if we received Dante but DIDN'T get the likes of Banjo or Rayman. Like it'd be a valid question on that selection, as, well, I'm fairly confident Dante was never popular in any poll, or ballot, or anything for that matter.

But I wouldn't complain, I like Dante, I'd just be shocked

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Have you ever tried X-COM or X-COM2?
Same concept, much more depth. Also much harder.
I’m not saying you should like that one more, just suggesting it as another game with grid-based tactical gameplay.
Also, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.
I have heard of it, and I do want to play it at some point.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's probably a coincidence for all we know but it seems third parties (Echos not included) seems to be getting two reps so far.

Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu
Konami: Simon, Snake
Namco: Pac-Man, Agumon or Heihachi
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta
Square Enix: Cloud, Geno

Just food for thought.

Barring DLC I think it should stay that way but not anymore from any of those companies.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He however starred in games on Nintendo consoles such as the 3DS.
And still has had no real notable history. Tiny little cameos are barely worth calling "history". He has zero importance to Nintendo no matter how you slice it.

Even less than Snake, who had a few ports and not much else.

Not like having history with Nintendo is remotely important to choosing an iconic 3rd party anyway. They're chosen for who they are and what they brought to gaming history. Exceptions can exist(Bayonetta, and possibly Geno), but it doesn't really matter for Dante. His importance to gaming history is what matters first and foremost. And he's big.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's probably a coincidence for all we know but it seems third parties (Echos not included) seems to be getting two reps so far.

Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu
Konami: Snake, Simon
Namco: Pac-Man, Agumon or Heihachi
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta

Square Enix: Cloud, Geno

Just food for thought.

Barring DLC I think it should stay that way but not anymore from any of those companies.
Umm... what? Namco’s second character should be Nightmare.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He however starred in games on Nintendo consoles such as the 3DS.
That doesn't count. Cloud represents Final Fantasy VII. That weird theater game isn't exactly FFVII, he's just in it.

If you're gonna go the cheap route, Dante was in Project X Zone on the 3DS, which makes your arguments invalid.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sadly, more than half of the third-party franchises in Smash would be in better hands if Nintendo bought them.
Not necessarily. For every Mario and Kirby Nintendo has, they also have an F-Zero and a Star Fox.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm just surprised Nintendo hasn't bought out Sega since the only franchise that's keeping the company alive is Sonic.
Dude
They own Atlus
Which owns Persona 5
Which is the greatest selling JRPG of all time.

Not to mention SMT, Yakuza, Miku, Puyo Puyo, Bayonetta, Football Manager, Valkyria Chronicles, and Total War.

They're doing pretty well.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Umm... what? Namco’s second character should be Nightmare.
Well Agumon is a unique pick some people had been wanting mostly due to Pokemon vs. Digimon and I recall Heihachi was considered for Smash 4 which tips his chances in being the second Namco rep. Honestly I'd want Agumon, he'd be a cool choice.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can you link the tweet itself? I think Smashboards compressed it to hell and I can't tell what some of the words are.

Aside from the fact that Sega has a lot more going on for them than Sonic, they're already a part of Sammy.
If you think SEGA only has Sonic to live off of, you know nothing about SEGA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom