• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You argument felt very much like I like shadow better than tails, so instead of insulting that argument, (because I feel it is a valid but poor reason to support a character) I did the same thing and explained my bias toward Tails.
Also, I was drawing conclusions out of my experience, and in my corner of the world, which consists of a large part of youtube, my friends etc. All of which agree Shadow ruined the Sonic franchise. (I don't agree with this, I like Shadow) As for Shadow's game, it WAS a phase, a poor attempt by SEGA to hop on a trend. For all I know, Tails is the favorite for the Sonic franchise, as such, I drew a conclusion based on that. At the same time, I could be wrong, but the evidence I was able to gather suggests the contrary. I included my thoughts on his character to explain myself
Tl;DR, I wasn't explaining my reasons, I was explaining the circumstances that brought me to find these reasons
Side note, SEGA may not want either of them in, as they've been pushing side characters back a bit, and giving Sonic a more starring role (classic SEGA, overreacting to a problem and simultaneously creating a new one), so they may choose to withhold both shadow and Tails.
But that just me, I dunno
You raise decent points but I do think you misunderstood my argument.
I think we'll just have to see!
Perhaps both could make it or neither.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bandai-Namco has quite a backlog of characters. Some are more popular than others, and some clearly are more preferenced depending the fans. I'm partial to Agumon and Nightmare myself for the next possible Bandai-Namco rep(Lloyd is a good third option).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
And still has had no real notable history. Tiny little cameos are barely worth calling "history". He has zero importance to Nintendo no matter how you slice it.

Even less than Snake, who had a few ports and not much else.

Not like having history with Nintendo is remotely important to choosing an iconic 3rd party anyway. They're chosen for who they are and what they brought to gaming history. Exceptions can exist(Bayonetta, and possibly Geno), but it doesn't really matter for Dante. His importance to gaming history is what matters first and foremost. And he's big.
Well, Snake has the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 games on Nintendo consoles.
So his foundation is at least Nintendoish.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Apologies guys. I just recently gotten back into the Nintendo Phase hence me joining this site. Hadn't been catching up with Sega. :facepalm:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I like Banjo's bulkier body and stance in N&B. And his eyes being less bulgy and squished together. Obviously the blockiness stinks and his nose is a bit too big.
Also Kazooie's head feathers
Dude
They own Atlus
Which owns Persona 5
Which is the greatest selling JRPG of all time.

Not to mention SMT, Yakuza, Miku, Puyo Puyo, Bayonetta, Football Manager, Valkyria Chronicles.

They're doing pretty well.
They Also have Total War. which is one of their biggest

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sakura.Wars.19.(Dual.Audio).H264.[AM].mkv_snapshot_08.40_[2018.08.02_01.39.50].jpg
Its 2018 and there's still people out there thinking sonic is the only game sega makes

please play more games that arent Nintendo or very close to Nintendo please and thank you

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nevermind, I found it guys.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

>August 16th, 2018
oops

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bandai-Namco has quite a backlog of characters. Some are more popular than others, and some clearly are more preferenced depending the fans. I'm partial to Agumon and Nightmare myself for the next possible Bandai-Namco rep(Lloyd is a good third option).
I want it to be Agumon but something tells me it'll probably be Heihachi being he was considered for Smash 4 and that he had an Mii costume.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we get a game where Bayonetta can face off against Dante in combat then I feel like Kamiya will literally have a mental breakdown. The dude getting Bayonetta, Dante, and possibly Wonder Red would seal his spot in Nintendo history. Something he's always wanted.
You know which one...

"And I'm like 'CAROL, CAROL I'VE GOT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT PEPE!' and when I open the door you know what I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office, there IS. NO. Carol in HR. Mac, half the employees in this building have been made up, this office is a goddamn ghost town."

I ****in love Charlie.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I'm just surprised Nintendo hasn't bought out Sega since the only franchise that's keeping the company alive is Sonic.
Nintendo should purchase SEGA and Capcom, they're a bigger company now and with all the revenue they made with Pokemon Go and with the Switch sales, they have enough to make those purchases.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, Snake has the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 games on Nintendo consoles.
So his foundation is at least Nintendoish.
They were eh ports. I wouldn't count that as anything all that notable either. Still somewhat better than Cloud's lack of significant Nintendo history, but just slightly better.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You singled out the guy that wanted Rabbid Mario but didn't notice the guy that wanted freaking BOSHI!!!
>Boshi
>weird
If anything, he's ****ING badass, he'd be a surprise addition that would make me have a heart attack.
Even ProfessorFandango underestimates him, and the guy has some out-there choices himself.

K. Rool has his tail in Ultimate, right? It always, and I mean ALWAYS feels wrong to me whenever he's shown without it...
From what I recall. It's very very short to the point its barely noticeable.
It's puny, yes. Wonder if he orders his minions not to stand right next to him. :p

Wasn't DBZ a big thing in France YEARS before it got big in the US?
Yup, the manga even made its way to Canada before it was hip. Unfortunately some of the DBZ anime's dub was aired uncut on a children's block, though things got better later on.

Here's some more obscure NES games I found:

Does anybody remember these?
The only one out of these I wouldn't touch is Time Lord, the rest is neat.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
In the mean time, rate this roster:

And we get 5 more stages:
- Aether Paradise (Incineroar)
- Rhythm Heaven (Chorus Kids)
- Venus Lighthouse (Isaac)
- Gruntilda's Castle (Banjo & Kazooie)
- Forest Maze (Geno)
This is literally THE roster. Really hoping this is what we get in the end.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
When asked about whether Dante would be in Smash Ultimate or not Matt Walker, a producer at Capcom, replied with and I quote-
"lol no he is not."

Now this is just a hunch, but something tells me he's not in.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm just surprised Nintendo hasn't bought out Sega since the only franchise that's keeping the company alive is Sonic.
And somewhat Bayonetta (though even that is becoming more of a Nintendo series)
Not to mention SMT, Yakuza, Miku, Puyo Puyo, Bayonetta, Football Manager, Valkyria Chronicles.

They're doing pretty well.
Bayo is slowly becoming a Nintendo series in itself thanks to them being the only ones who gave a damn about making a sequel
Yakuza, Puyo Puyo, Bayonetta, Football Manager? Sonic isn't the only one.
Yes, Yes, starting to be more of a Nintendo series as the franchise progresses, and idk

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Nevermind, I found it guys.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

>August 16th, 2018
oops
I seriously don't think this means what people may think it means.

Youtube's copyright system is stupid, it makes really weird mistakes all the time, and this was obviously done by a bot.

Maybe putting Nintendo into the description really was enough to trigger the bot. Its not like Nintendo doesn't have their system take everything down immediately.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
View attachment 161250
Its 2018 and there's still people out there thinking sonic is the only game sega makes

please play more games that arent Nintendo or very close to Nintendo please and thank you
They make Sonic, Football Manager and uh.. Puyo Puyo and uh.... Bayonetta? Only 4 franchises since they let thier many IPs die. What happened to Jet Set Radio, Nights, Fantasy Zone, Altered Beast, Comix Zone

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I want it to be Agumon but something tells me it'll probably be Heihachi being he was considered for Smash 4.
I doubt that'll matter much in itself. Being considered isn't everything. There's still the issue of why he was written off, because Sakurai couldn't translate the gameplay into Smash. Heihachi still suffers from this, due to Smash not being a technical fighter.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Get out of my house! Modern design has no tail, stress eye, scales, gold belly, has a smaller crown. The shade of green was also taken back to the original. All elements of of the original and the rest were also shared by the original. So, it’s pretty much just the gem.
The body shape, structure, face shape, expressions, stance are all the modern design. You are pretty much describing textures, colors, and eye. And that bulgy eye is still more in the shape of his modern design, just more bulgy.

And yes his tail is back too. I forgot that.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I doubt that'll matter much in itself. Being considered isn't everything. There's still the issue of why he was written off, because Sakurai couldn't translate the gameplay into Smash. Heihachi still suffers from this, due to Smash not being a technical fighter.
Yet they managed to make Ryu work and he's from a fighting game. Excuse my ignorance but having never played the games how exactly is Tekken's fighting gameplay more complicated compared to Street Fighters?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Things change. The fact that Villager and Ridley are playable contradicts with what he has said in the past.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so apparently Devil hunter from DMC got uploaded to Youtube and was taken down by Nintendo. This pic was found on twitter by a friend
How do we know it was Nintendo that took it down?
Isn't it a Capcom track?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah but he really has never had any history with Nintendo. Banjo-Kazooie though had hence why they deserve to get in over him. Besides Capcom's already got two reps. I think that's more then enough.
You say that, but everyone expects Morrigan to show up sooner or later.

They make Sonic, Football Manager and uh.. Puyo Puyo and uh.... Sonic?
How dare anyone forget about Yakuza, the Number One Japanese mobster simulator around? Meanwhile, Streets of Rage is getting a sequel soon.

Also, Shenmue 1 and 2 got a rerelease, if anyone cares about that.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
They make Sonic, Football Manager and uh.. Puyo Puyo and uh.... Bayonetta? Only 4 franchises since they let thier many IPs die. What happened to Jet Set Radio, Nights, Fantasy Zone, Altered Beast, Comix Zone
Alright ya getting a neck for this my friend

And, uh, they own Atlus...

So, y'know, Persona, SMT, etc...
SMT is basically a corporation at this point! SEGA does more than most think.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 161250

Honestly i've never had any interest in Playstation or XBox games, i've never been compelled to play any.
Call me a Nintendo Stan or something, I don't care. I still keep up with other companies but Sony doesn't make Pokemon sooo...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Bayo is slowly becoming a Nintendo series in itself thanks to them being the only ones who gave a damn about making a sequel
That's like saying Sonic is a Nintendo Series because all their games are on Nintendo consoles.

It's still owned by Sega.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Nintendo should purchase SEGA and Capcom, they're a bigger company now and with all the revenue they made with Pokemon Go and with the Switch sales, they have enough to make those purchases.
I don't think either of them wants to be bought, and I don't see why Capcom or SEGA would want to give up making successful games on PC, PS4 an Xbox- not to mention, all the the other operations they run like pachinko etc.
SEGASAMMY also owns Atlus.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It'd be cool if Dante was in the game, but do we have any evidence it was Nintendo that took it down outside of their claim they did?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude they own Yakuza how could you forget this? You were there when we talked about Kiryu.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Things change. The fact that Villager and Ridley are playable contradicts with what he has said in the past.
Two unrelated issues nor good comparisons. Villager needed moveset ideas too. Translating the mechanics was not an issue. Ridley needed a new model to fix up the size issue.

Yet they managed to make Ryu work and he's from a fighting game. Excuse my ignorance but having never played the games how exactly is Tekken's fighting gameplay more complicated compared to Street Fighters?
Ryu didn't have a problem with that. It was giving him a unique mechanic to make him stand out that he had to figure out.

These aren't remotely the same as Heihachi's issues.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
When asked about whether Dante would be in Smash Ultimate or not Matt Walker, a producer at Capcom, replied with and I quote-
"lol no he is not."

Now this is just a hunch, but something tells me he's not in.
Anyone who would know if Dante is in Smash is not allowed to say "Yes Dante is in Smash" due to the Non Disclosure Agreements.

Asking the producer was literally a waste of time.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
It'd be cool if Dante was in the game, but do we have any evidence it was Nintendo that took it down outside of their claim they did?
Simultaneously, even if Nintendo did take it down, I'm not entirely convinced Youtube copyright bots are a reliable enough source to believe

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone who would know if Dante is in Smash is not allowed to say "Yes Dante is in Smash" due to the Non Disclosure Agreements.

Asking the producer was literally a waste of time.
Couldn't he just avoid the question? No one forced him to answer, but he outright said NO. I think that means it's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom