• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

What in the ****
If Elma and Bandana Dee are Assist Trophies... Actually you know what no the thought of that is just annoying, I really hope this leak isn’t true, and I know for a fact it isn’t because it piggybacks off of another obviously fake leak.

D

Deleted member

The character select screen one does look nice, though. Gotta give it credit for that at least. Nobody seems like the pokemon choice, though. I haven't seen a single Render Leak showing a new pokemon.

EDIT: by the way, just remembered, I watched the 8/8 Direct again and noticed that Sakurai said the Stage total is 103. The way he said it didn't seem like it left much room for interpretation. Not "Currently 103", specifically "This time the stage total is 103". And the Smash Blogs show 103 stages. I think any leak mentioning new stages is immediately false (assuming they're text leaks....which seem to be old hat now)

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If Elma and Bandana Dee are Assist Trophies... Actually you know what no the thought of that is just annoying, I really hope this leak isn’t true, and I know for a fact it isn’t because it piggybacks off of another obviously fake leak.
He just killed his own leak with "unlockable stages".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fake leaks with genuine effort and care put into them have to be debunked. Otherwise plenty more people will just continue talking about them and possibly believing them for quite some time.

I'd rather we not get leaks, period, but since both real and (plenty of) fake leaks do happen, the community needs to know how to distinguish what could be real from what can't possibly be real. There isn't much I can really add to that note directly, but I understand that it's still important to look into certain leaks. There's plenty of poorly made trash out there that can be dismissed in under half a minute, but that isn't always gonna be the case.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Having flashbacks to the leak with a King K. Rool assist trophy.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
What the hell is happening?
Is today national fake leak day or something? We just got a weeks worth of fake leaks in the span of a few hours.
Not to mention the fake text leaks.

D

Deleted member

So where's this skull kid render from?
Same guy, or another with the same skills, that made the legitimate looking Rayman and Bomberman leaks during the early DLC days of Smash Wii U.

EDIT: or it could be Hyrule Warriors version of Skull Kid, apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So Best Buy is having a demo in some locations. You think Nintendo will reveal new characters before the demo event?

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Eh, it's more interesting than text leaks and going over the same 4 arguments over and over
It's literally the same subject matter nonstop.
Someone posts a blurry screenshot of Banjo/Skull Kid/Geno/Dixie and everybody calls it out for being a fake, then give it five minutes and another one billionty and five of them show up ad nauseum.

That's pretty much the opposite of interesting.

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
*crunch*, oh, sorry, It's just hilarious watching everyone agrgue over which of you thinks we should stop talking about leaks, when half of you thinks we should and the other half is ignoring you and posting leaks anyway, so I popped some popcorn, want some?
On a less passive agressive note, who thinks Tails can (not should) get in over Shadow, and what the chances of that happening are?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Today's been a very active day, eh? Something interesting?
Like 10+ image leaks of different characters. They are 99% all fake, but it's the fact they are all happening together at one time that makes it interesting.

Some of them are renders that are definitely original too, like a Geno, Dixie and Banjo one from earlier. Now we are seeing a Waddle Dee one but it's likely just pulled from Star Allies tbh

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sadly it's HW, and i'm almost sure they didn't even change the T-pose… they only rotated it a bit…
He’s T-posing to assert his dominance on the roster — shot

Also, I wish we did have a couple reveals before the demo just to end the E3 demo cycle already

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
*crunch*, oh, sorry, It's just hilarious watching everyone agrgue over which of you thinks we should stop talking about leaks, when half of you thinks we should and the other half is ignoring you and posting leaks anyway, so I popped some popcorn, want some?
On a less passive agressive note, who thinks Tails can (not should) get in over Shadow, and what the chances of that happening are?
We've talked about that probably more than any leak posted here in the past days. I enjoy Tails, but I honestly enjoy and appreciate Shadow more. Chances are pretty zilch not happening IMO.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Almost zero, shadow would be so easy to make an echo of sonic and would please a lot of people, he’s practically a lock for an echo rn

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, imagine the T-pose glitch somehow came back. What would you all laugh at?

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
With the number of uniques being (theoretically) tight and there already being a **** ton of other chars gunning for that spot, I think Sakurai would take the opportunity of just making the next Sonic rep an echo, I mean Shadow and Tails are of equal popularity (Shadow is probably more popular in fact)

Roberk

Smash Champion
I hope there's an updated demo for the best buy event, I want to try out Richter/Simon.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
porque no los dos

Thank god. Finally, a GOOD character.
ngl would buy two copies of this

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
User was warned for this post
GUYS
I ALWAYS KNEW HE'D BE IN
also that game and watch is so ****ing funny to look at

Status