• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Y'know what? No.

I will never, EVER, accept Glass Joe as a Little Mac echo.
Not unless he's so GODAWFUL, he's bottom tier to the point where they create a new tier for how bad glass joe is.
I honestly really want Glass Joe in as a purposely terrible echo. He's Little Mac without the KO Punch, and all of his ground attacks are just as bad as his air attacks. The strength of his aerials is unchanged.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Also the biggest reason why I believe that Dixie is potentially become Diddy's Echo Fighter is because of the change Diddy got for his 1-2-3 jab which doesn't use the tail anymore. So I made the gifs and slowed it down so people can see the difference in the animation.

Edited: disclaimer that don't guarantee Dixie's inclusion tho. I don't think Dixie would get in (hello pessimism)
Diddy has always had a gentleman as well as a rapid attack, we don't know if it's been removed or not

I'm doubtful they'd remove a characters move for the sake of their echo, they'd just remove the attack from the echo

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Think it's about time we start talking about that fake art collection now. Everyone on 4chan is trying to bandwagon on it because it gets attention.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Also the biggest reason why I believe that Dixie is potentially become Diddy's Echo Fighter is because of the change Diddy got for his 1-2-3 jab which doesn't use the tail anymore. So I made the gifs and slowed it down so people can see the difference in the animation.

Edited: disclaimer that don't guarantee Dixie's inclusion tho. I don't think Dixie would get in (hello pessimism)
It just looks like a 3-hit gentleman. He has that in Smash 4.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:‘d.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Think it's about time we start talking about that fake art collection now. Everyone on 4chan is trying to bandwagon on it because it gets attention.
Refresh my memory, I forgot it among the 10,000 other pics we got today

Iridium

Smash Hero
Sakurai: "This time every stage will be available from the start"

Leaker: "There are 6 unlockable stages"

The leaks in recent days have been incredibly low effort and desperate. Return of Tabuu lmao.
Imagine killing off your own "leak" the second it comes out. Ouch.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Darnit, can we stop pretending to know what the "casual" auidence wants, or any other niche? You know whaf you want, and what other people want when they tell you, so coming up with an imagniary group of people that conveniently can't confirm nor deny your statement to support a charecter only hurts your argument in the long run.
Sorry if thats over agressive, It just bugs me when people do this
It wouldn't be that bad if people actually used anything coming close to objective evidence to prove what "casual" gamers really want instead of using anecdotal evidence as "proof" despite that method obviously not being valid. I mean, people genuinely tried to argue that K. Rool wouldn't be popular on the ballot because he's "too obscure" and the "silent majority" of "casual" voters wouldn't recognise him, using anecdotal evidence. Of course, as we all know, that obviously was a load of old rubbish. Heck, Geno of all characters was noted as a popular character among the "silent majority."

Speaking of which. I keep hearing characters like Shantae and Pyra will be censored if they get in. If that was the case wouldn't they had done that for Krystal with her in her team outfit upon joining Fox's team and yet she's in her native attire.

Or the fact one of Zero Suit Samus' alts have a midriff...

If this was the case wouldn't you think they'd be censored as well? :confused:
Why on earth would Shantae even be censored if she was playable? That's not even an valid argument, especially since Phosphora exists as an Assist Trophy.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Yep, Mimique mentions that as well. Thanks for showing the gifs though.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Wait, is there a reason the non-multihit jab wasn't shown here? It is rare to see, I guess.
Well, Yes, I can't find anyone did that on youtube so I had to get what I could. The animation for non-multihit jab is pretty much same but tail combo didn't happens afterward.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can we just stop with this rapid fire bogus "leak" nonsense already?
No

We have to painstakingly go over every one of them pixel by pixel and find the source of the image to debunk them. If you can't debunk them they are true. All of them. Especially the ones that contradict eachother

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I thought the same as you, but don't be fooled. Diddy had the jab that doesn't involve his tail in Smash 4 too. They just didn't show the rapid jab in his showcase vid.
I recommend you to try again in Smash 4. Just go to the training room, and pick Diddy Kong. Press and HOLD A button when you are close to the opponent. The animation is still same as he bend over and kick, INSTEAD OF standing on both feet and kick (in Ultimate).

D

Deleted member

So I wonder, to pass the time before Smash and Torna DLC comes out, is there any good fighters on the Switch at the moment? I heard KING OF FIGHTERS '98 is really good.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, Yes, I can't find anyone did that on youtube so I had to get what I could. The animation for non-multihit jab is pretty much same but tail combo didn't happens afterward.
Okay, that makes sense. The execution is a bit irritating, and I'm trying it now.

is that the dude from wave racer
From what I've heard, yes.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I recommend you to try again in Smash 4. Just go to the training room, and pick Diddy Kong. Press and HOLD A button when you are close to the opponent. The animation is still same as he bend over and kick, INSTEAD OF standing on both feet and kick (in Ultimate).
The animation of the kick certainly changed but unless it's confirmed that they removed the jab entirely we can't know for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom