• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys think of this leak?

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Pokemon Gen 7 Rep (Likely Incineroar)
Rayman
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
Dark Meta Knight (Meta Knight)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Glass Joe (Little Mac)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Octoling (Inkling)
Shadow (Sonic)

Honestly if true I'd personally be satisfied with this roster. Doubt it is though...Shame because it'd be nice having Banjo-Kazooie, Black Shadow and Medusa.
Datamine

Pokemon from Pokemon Sun and Moon

He doesn't know?>

Roberk

Smash Champion
>30 minutes away from the select Best Buy
I'll take it, It'll be hell to get in and have a comfortable experience though.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Guys think of this leak?

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Rayman
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Glass Joe (Little Mac)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Octoling (Inkling)
Shadow (Sonic)

Honestly if true I'd personally be satisfied with this roster. Doubt it is though...Shame because it'd be nice having Banjo-Kazooie, Black Shadow and Medusa.
This is just getting tiring now.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I don't know how late I am, but I just noticed there's another pixelated part of the dashboard in the menu. Do we know what it is?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Ive seen a lot of people ask "Well how are they gonnq reveal so many more characrers in only 3 months?", and I believe something like this could very well happen-

September Direct happens, and we get... 1 new fighter and 1 new echo. Thats it.

October- Nothing. Absolutley nothing. Until...

November- A 50 Fact Smash direct is announced for mid November.

Mid Novmeber rolls around, and Sakurai begins the Direct by saying "We know Smash fans always want more, so instead of 50 Facts, we will give you 60 facts. Still not enough? 70 facts."
The number of facts keeps increasong until it is revealed that there are actually 100 Facts in this Smash direct, and jumps right into the first newcomer.

The long painful wait is over with nearly 2 hours worth of new content. Newcomers, echoes, game modes etc being shot off rapid fire. The Everyone is Here trailer is remade with (you guessed it) everyone with an extended cut of the main theme. After all characters are added tothe mural, DLC is teased for early 2019.

Is it likely? No. Is Sakurai mad enough to do it? Yes. Do I want a 100 Fact Extravaganza?
View attachment 161203
I'm personally banking on a surprise trailer that dumps another like 5-10 characters on us, giving us similar reactions to the "Everyone is Here" trailer except they are new. Truly ultimate

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Guys think of this leak?

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Rayman
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Glass Joe (Little Mac)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Octoling (Inkling)
Shadow (Sonic)

I never trust any leak but I want this to be true, it would genuinely be the perfect roster for me

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Guys think of this leak?

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Rayman
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Glass Joe (Little Mac)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Octoling (Inkling)
Shadow (Sonic)

16 echoes? glass joe? dark meta knight? nah fam

and why can no one name the new pokemon? these leakers apparently know every character in the game yet they don't know which pokemon is playable?

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Reminder if that we get Space Harrier in Smash that technically means Gundam is in smash too

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Can I just say that bandana dee doesn't really deserve to be in smash? I mean, he's a ****ing waddle dee with a bandana and a spear. It's like asking for a goomba with a wig and a gun to be in smash, it's stupid, imho.
How about play a modern Kirby game and you'll realize why people like him smh. You sound like the last 7 parrots who say the same thing about the character

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Can I just say that bandana dee doesn't really deserve to be in smash? I mean, he's a ****ing waddle dee with a bandana and a spear. It's like asking for a goomba with a wig and a gun to be in smash, it's stupid, imho.
Okay no lay ya head down you're getting a neck for this
Skull Kid is just a random Skull Kid from Zelda with a mask.
R.O.B is just a robot why is he in.

These arguments are incredibly stupid. BD has received numerous amounts of characterization, and the fact that he wields a spear makes him more unique than a decent amount of picks already.
He's appeared frequently and as his own character. You need to do some research.

Chrono.

Guys think of this leak?

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Rayman
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Glass Joe (Little Mac)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Octoling (Inkling)
Shadow (Sonic)

I think people should have higher standards for fakes.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
At this point...peoples are also now expecting obscure characters, like Geno, but what strikes me is that there are still a fraction of players that wants Lip from Panel de Pon, but I do agree with them. Her weapon was in Smash, why not her anyways?

How about play a modern Kirby game and you'll realize why people like him smh. You sound like the last 7 parrots who say the same thing about the character
Agreed, expect for the last sentence. You sound a bit rude.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Is an hour and a half drive worth it to play?... Hm... Anyone going to the San Jose one Saturday?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I don't know how late I am, but I just noticed there's another pixelated part of the dashboard in the menu. Do we know what it is?

I honestly thought I was the only one who bothered to notice it.

Something to Spirits I’m sure.
Total number of collected ghosts? Cutscene replay?

Or maybe it’s Eshop? Where you pick up your DLC you bought from it?

StormC

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee is probably the most notable “new” Nintendo character of the last decade besides Isabelle and Inkling and people still use the Goomba argument against him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay no lay ya head down you're getting a neck for this
Skull Kid is just a random Skull Kid from Zelda with a mask.
R.O.B is just a robot why is he in.

These arguments are incredibly stupid. BD has received numerous amounts of characterization, and the fact that he wields a spear makes him more unique than a decent amount of picks already.
He's appeared frequently and as his own character. You need to do some research.
Of all the games that have skull kid, only one of them has more than one. And that one only has 3

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So curious question? What would everyone's reactions be to Glass Joe making it in as an Echo of Little Mac?

For me I'd honestly laugh.

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
I honestly thought I was the only one who bothered to notice it.

Something to Spirits I’m sure.
Total number of collected ghosts? Cutscene replay?

Or maybe it’s Eshop? Where you pick up your DLC you bought from it?
Um... the mode was obviously important enough to give it's own spot on the menu, so It's probably just another way to access the mode

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
At this point...peoples are also now expecting obscure characters, like Geno, but what strikes me is that there are still a fraction of players that wants Lip from Panel de Pon, but I do agree with them. Her weapon was in Smash, why not her anyways?

I mean he called everyone stupid for suggesting the character. So not far off tbh

Chrono.

We don't know what it is... Cause it's pixilated.

Smart-ass remark aside, It's too small to even bother decipher. My off the wall guess is something related to the single player mode or a Miiverse-like function.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Memoryman just bashes literally any character that isn't Daisy. First it was Ridley, then it was K. Rool, now Bandana Dee.
Bandana Dee, champion of the gays. Ally to all will singlehandedly crush Memoryman in front of his own shrine to Daisy.

Like literally right before the Ridley and K. Rool reveals he mocked them. So now it's Bandana Dee's time obviously.
July 19, 2026.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
So curious question? What would everyone's reactions be to Glass Joe making it in as an Echo of Little Mac?

For me I'd honestly laugh.
I think it would be dumb but extra characters are extra characters so I wouldn't complain

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Where were you 12 years ago when we were also expecting Geno

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee is probably the most notable “new” Nintendo character of the last decade besides Isabelle and Inkling and people still use the Goomba argument against him.
I honestly hope he gets in just to cause salt heaps in the community.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm so confused as to how people still use that argument against him when we've had a playable generic yoshi since smash 64

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Why do people want Bandana Dee?! He's a goomba with a hat
Why do people want Shantae?! She's just some horny man's dream
Why do people want Captain Toad?! He's just a toad with a headlight
Why do people want Paper Mario?! He's just a 2D Mario
Why do people want Geno?! He's just Pinocchio with a cape
Why do people want Rayman?! He's just some dude with floating hands
Why do people want Dixie Kong?! She's just Diddy in a blonde wig
Why do people want Isaac?! He's just another anime swordsman
Why do people want Doomguy?! He's just some dude in armor
Why do people want Banjo and Kazooie?! They're just some random animals attached together

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS??!!

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else remember the phase we went through where all the leaks that mentioned richter were true? That sucked, bad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom