• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why do people want Shantae?! She's just some horny man's dream
Speaking of which. I keep hearing characters like Shantae and Pyra will be censored if they get in. If that was the case wouldn't they had done that for Krystal with her in her team outfit upon joining Fox's team and yet she's in her native attire.

Or the fact one of Zero Suit Samus' alts have a midriff...

If this was the case wouldn't you think they'd be censored as well? :confused:

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don’t even play Splatoon but I would be the first to admit this would be a bad roster if K. Rool was on it but not Inkling.

It’s okay to acknowledge a character even if you don’t like them. World won’t end.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why do people want Bandana Dee?! He's a goomba with a hat
Why do people want Shantae?! She's just some horny man's dream
Why do people want Captain Toad?! He's just a toad with a headlight
Why do people want Paper Mario?! He's just a 2D Mario
Why do people want Geno?! He's just Pinocchio with a cape
Why do people want Rayman?! He's just some dude with floating hands
Why do people want Dixie Kong?! She's just Diddy in a blonde wig
Why do people want Isaac?! He's just another anime swordsman
Why do people want Doomguy?! He's just some dude in armor
Why do people want Banjo and Kazooie?! They're just some random animals attached together

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS??!!

This is how I feel. I'm pretty satisfied with what we have though, so eh.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
See the Banjo one was interesting because it was PURPOSEFULLY obscure. As in it was literally hidden and difficult to see. The same (kinda) for the Agnes leak. The renders were trash but the leaker was being very cheeky with it. The way both leaks were portrayed was that the source was ****ing with us.

If you just make your pic blury as if you just barely snapped a pic of it, that won't add validity to your leak it just makes it look even more forced.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Speaking of which. I keep hearing characters like Shantae and Pyra will be censored if they get in. If that was the case wouldn't they had done that for Krystal with her in her team outfit upon joining Fox's team and yet she's in her native attire.

We don’t actually know that ZSS still has those alts yet. There’s been absolutely nothing of her since the E3 character intro clip. I wonder why....

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well, to be fair, Bayonetta did have her clothe removal toned down slightly.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

I wouldn't care if they were censored, Shantae is my top pick inb4 delusional and i'd rather her being in censored than not having her at all.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Also the biggest reason why I believe that Dixie is potentially become Diddy's Echo Fighter is because of the change Diddy got for his 1-2-3 jab which doesn't use the tail anymore. So I made the gifs and slowed it down so people can see the difference in the animation.

Edited: disclaimer that don't guarantee Dixie's inclusion tho. I don't think Dixie would get in (hello pessimism)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, to be fair, Bayonetta did have her clothe removal toned down slightly.
Personally I don't understand that logic. They keep Krystal in her native attire which exposes lot of skin (Or should I say fur) yet they censor less skin on Bayonetta?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
myprediction.png

Alright here's my prediction for what the final roster may look like. The yellow bordered characters are echoes and are echos of the character before them. The green are obviously newcomers. I don't expect it to be 100% accurate, but this is what I consider to be the most in line of the direction.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
And Isabelle and Shadow, something's definitively going on, i don't believe in coincidences.

Also, new leak
Got bored. Recreated this roster with the Roster Maker. Some things are off about it:
Ultimate?Roster.png

• Recreated roster assumes Lucina, Snake, and Toon Link are positioned at the leftmost part of the roster.
  • Lucina was the starting point and I went as far as I could until I reached Snake's number
  • Going from Snake to Toon Link makes Snake's row one fighter short.
  • If we humor this roster, either Olimar or Lucario are getting an echo fighter.
  • Toon Link's row doesn't add up.
  • Mega Man and WFT should come before Rosalina, but Rosalina is shown positioned below Lucas in the screenshot.
  • Diddy Kong is 36 and Lucas is 37.
  • Mii Fighters are listed before Palutena, but they're not on the screenshot.
  • Guy could play the "Roster was not fully unlocked card" but the ESRB leak revealed he entire roster. It's odd to see this one only partially complete.

I'll probably fill out everything before Lucina to see if there's anything off there.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also the biggest reason why I believe that Dixie is potentially become Diddy's Echo Fighter is because of the change Diddy got for his 1-2-3 jab which doesn't use the tail anymore. So I made the gifs and slowed it down so people can see the difference in the animation.

Edited: disclaimer that don't guarantee Dixie's inclusion tho. I don't think Dixie would get in (hello pessimism)
Wait, is there a reason the non-multihit jab wasn't shown here? It is rare to see, I guess.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

This is a pretty big point

In fact I'm much more convinced of Dixie now than I have been in the past.

Diddy smacking you with his tail is fun and creative and I don't think Sakurai would change it for no reason

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
snip

Alright here's my prediction for what the final roster may look like. The yellow bordered characters are echoes and are echos of the character before them. The green are obviously newcomers. I don't expect it to be 100% accurate, but this is what I consider to be the most in line of the direction.
Personally I think if F-Zero were to get another rep it'd be Black Shadow. Deathborn if at most I feel could be a boss though. Same with Hades which I feel Medusa would get in over him being easier to add as an echo of Palutena. Also don't see Eggman getting in and Bandana Dee instead of Marx. Otherwise pretty spot-on.

Edit: Whoops didn't see Black Shadow.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894

Wait doesn’t Dixie have a tail?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I always figured it didin't matter because they'd replace tail animations with her hair

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
People on 4chan claimed I said stuff I never said all the time last go around. It's just what they do.
and this not even the first time
there was several threads and posts of some dolt claiming to have spotted a deleted post or received a private message response of Vergeben or loz18 saying stuff at GameFAQS
and its all forged up fake screenshots too, not even leaving a link back

i'm guessing they got bored with those two and started to target older and still present leakers to fool more folks :facepalm:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This is a pretty big point

In fact I'm much more convinced of Dixie now than I have been in the past.

Diddy smacking you with his tail is fun and creative and I don't think Sakurai would change it for no reason
I thought the same as you, but don't be fooled. Diddy had the jab that doesn't involve his tail in Smash 4 too. They just didn't show the rapid jab in his showcase vid.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
and this not even the first time
there was several threads and posts of some dolt claiming to have spotted a deleted post or received a private message response of Vergeben or loz18 saying stuff at GameFAQS

i'm guessing they got bored with those two and started to target older and still present leakers to fool more folks :facepalm:
Have something you want to confess?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Personally I think if F-Zero were to get another rep it'd be Black Shadow. Deathborn if at most I feel could be a boss though. Same with Hades which I feel Medusa would get in over him being easier to add as an echo of Palutena. Also don't see Eggman getting in and Bandana Dee instead of Marx. Otherwise pretty spot-on.
Eh, I think that Eggman would be popular enough to get in as well. I mean, Dark Samus climbed on, even though she isn't as popular of a character as some are... Chrom really didn't scream Echo as well, but he's in as an echo... I think we'll get to see strange things in this roster... I also think that Sakurai may "look" at the polls like he did in the previous ones... which is like... a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom