• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
People bringing up the shulk - little mac thing with the ESRB leak as evidence that this leak could be real are misguided. This leak has MULTIPLE things disproving it very clearly already.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Hey is it about time we change the poll again? The current one is funny and good and all but how about something that actually gives us an idea about what the community thinks?

Someone posted that they think there are more stages. I agree, however this is defintely debatable and unclear. Maybe a poll on who thinks that?

Just a suggestion, I also don't know who the person to tell is to change it lol.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah I can’t imagine going over 70% on any remaining character except maybe Isabelle. To me, 60% (which is what I gave Banjo) is “they have a good chance but also reasonable doubt.”

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Sure, but I wouldn't call Banjo a shoo-in.
You want to see what a shoo-in looks like?
View attachment 160685

Veterans are more of a shoo-in than actual third party newcomers.
I don't think I'd even call rex a shoo in at this point, by the time ultimate comes out his game is gonna be a year old so if he gets in it's out of sakurai's love for the game and him being decently popular, without promotion at his side he seems less likely to me

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Just like how this was "proven to be fake"
That was a very blurry image of shulk which didn't even line up that well with the little mac image, the jaw is completely off, whereas it's clear that agnes' eye is EXACTLY palutena's and her nose is marth's. It's 100% fake.

StormC

Smash Hero
Galaxy brain moment: Waluigi gets confirmed as DLC before the game goes gold as well as his AT being removed, technically circumventing “ATs can’t be promoted in the same game” since his AT is not in the public version.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Bravely Default had a really fun combat system. I enjoyed it a ton before it started padding itself out unnecessarily.
Returning veterans aren't the same case as newcomers.
You're right about one thing, and it's that they aren't the same case. Newcomers are even harder to predict because there's a very small number of potential veterans but a massive well of potential newcomers.

Convincing your character a shoe-in is perfect way to set yourself up for disappointment. Know one knows how Sakurai thinks except the man himself, and even then, that's assuming he's able to get copyright issues out of the way.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Convincing yourself a character is a shoe-in is perfect way to set yourself up for disappointment. Know one knows how Sakurai thinks except the man himself, and even then, that's assuming he's able to get copyright issues out of the way.
I've made my case in the Banjo thread on page 33. I'm deleting my account when he gets in, because its only an inevitability.

"But you're setting yourself up for disappointment" - I'll stop this before it starts, I'm used to the disappointment. But I wouldn't even be talking about it if I wasn't confident.

Untouch

Smash Master
I found where the "leaker" got the icon for Rhythm Heaven.
Rhythm_Heaven_Fever_(NA)_logo[1].png
The R in the NA logo for Fever is different. Weird how he used this one seeing how the logo looks totally different in the EU.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Still nobody questioned why the **** Agnes?
Yes. There's absolutely no way a literal who gets in as a third party choice. Even literal whos outside of speculation like Geno, have *enormous* support inside. Agnes is neither. She's also a forgettable character from a dormant series. There's no comparison to other 3rd party choices, even Bayonetta.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
s
Why the **** Wii Fit Trainer? Sakurai doesn't need a reason to include certain characters.
Sakurai's reasoning for wii fit trainer is a known one. She is filling a specific rep quota sakurai himself enjoys to follow in order to have a more creative roster. Agnes doesn't have this benefit. She's just a square enix rep, and it's a valid question why he would pick her over other square Enix reps, including ones he himself has already expressed a desire to see in the game, while as far as I know agnes or bravely default were never mentioned. She isn't a bayonetta, I don't even remember her name appearing during the ballot, her sudden inclusion would be questionable

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So if Geno gets in, the collective Smash fandom will be out of gigantic Brawl-era grassroot campaign characters to rally behind.

As such, if Geno gets in, I vote that we should all collectively rally behind Merric. We should meme Merric into Smash, for the good of humanity.
Yeah. I've already started trying to build some Grovyle support to replace Geno.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Yes. There's absolutely no way a literal who gets in as a third party choice. Even literal whos outside of speculation like Geno, have *enormous* support inside. Agnes is neither. She's also a forgettable character from a dormant series. There's no comparison to other 3rd party choices, even Bayonetta.
Is it really a dormant series if they're making Bravely Third right now, and Bravely Second was released only 3 years ago?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just like how this was "proven to be fake"
Even though I agree that we should never dismiss a leak too early, I feel like every time a sketchy leak pops up, the Little Mac/Shulk example is there to keep it alive through life support.

Yes, we were hilariously wrong in that instance, but that doesn't give this leak more credibility, does it? Us being wrong in the past doesn't mean that every seemingly stupid detail we nitpick should be tossed aside until we see giant flashing neon sign that reads, "This leak is fake!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is more of a robbery.
My original idea was a copy of the game. Notice how it wasn't 60 dollars so I could demand 60 euros which would end up costing more for Blue
Is it really a dormant series if they're making Bravely Third right now, and Bravely Second was released only 3 years ago?
This is the same thread that went "CastleVania is a dead franchise" when it's last non gambling game was a year before the Ultimate project plan, 2014

D

Deleted member

Bravely Default is more recognisable than Banjo or Geno if you aren't 30 years old.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ARE they making Bravely Third right now? As far as I know, the team moved on to make Octopath, but I could have my facts crossed.

Regardless, she's not really a Smash-tier third party in the least.

Bravely Default is more recognisable than Banjo or Geno if you aren't 30 years old.
That's a *very* bold claim. A character like Banjo would be recognizable to gamers outside the Smash sphere who make up the current Nintendo target demographic. Agnes would abolutely not.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So if Geno gets in, the collective Smash fandom will be out of gigantic Brawl-era grassroot campaign characters to rally behind.

As such, if Geno gets in, I vote that we should all collectively rally behind Merric. We should meme Merric into Smash, for the good of humanity.
Eh, not quite. Isaac will still be waiting in the wings if he doesn’t make it. Him and Geno are the last two of the Brawl-era old guard, and I legit think Sakurai might be going for a clean sweep of those now that we’ve gotten both Ridley and K. Rool.

Also the next Geno-style inexplicable Smash fanbase HAS to be Alfonzo. “Leave it to me” indeed.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I want a better look at that Isabelle and Skull Kid render, because those are the ones I'm most iffy about.
Also, a few of Agnès' hairs are in Wario's portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom