• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So if Geno gets in, the collective Smash fandom will be out of gigantic Brawl-era grassroot campaign characters to rally behind.

As such, if Geno gets in, I vote that we should all collectively rally behind Merric. We should meme Merric into Smash, for the good of humanity.
Isaac still. If both get in, then we'll be out of it

Noipoi

Howdy!
So if Geno gets in, the collective Smash fandom will be out of gigantic Brawl-era grassroot campaign characters to rally behind.

As such, if Geno gets in, I vote that we should all collectively rally behind Merric. We should meme Merric into Smash, for the good of humanity.
If Geno gets in but Banjo doesn't, Banjo might become the next big "SAKURAI PLEASE" character.
Or maybe Isaac, but there's gonna be another one. there always is.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
There were people in this thread after 8.8 saying “since Rare owns K. Rool, Banjo must be in as well.” I have NO IDEA how this myth became so widespread. I blame Geno.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

No, we still have Banjo-Kazooie, Skull kid and a few hundred others. Wait your turn, youngster. The nerve!

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
also I think it's a bit overkill to get both Tails AND Shadow. We'd only get one or the other most likely, either Shadow (Echo) or Tails (possibly Unique), but not both. Thus far it seems the maximum amount of playable characters per third party FRANCHISE (not third party altogether) is 2.
I believe the opposite, I think if we're getting Shadow it's going to have to be alongside Tails.
I think if we get a single Sonic character, it has to be Tails. I mean the fox is way more iconic than Shadow, and he's the P2 character of Sonic.
Fanbases be damned.
I honestly always believed that if we didn't get Tails, it'd be Knuckles but he's already an AT.
Although, Sakurai could just pull the rug out from under me, and just announce Shadow, and have me sitting here kinda surprised, but hey.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'll do you one better. Dante because if Geno's popularity for Smash really DID come from Forest Maze, the Devil Trigger song should be 10000000 times better

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
There were people in this thread after 8.8 saying “since Rare owns K. Rool, Banjo must be in as well.” I have NO IDEA how this myth became so widespread. I blame Geno.
My personal favourite have been people who argue both that he's owned by Rare and bring up his last appearance being Super Sluggers on the Wii at the same time.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If Geno gets in but Banjo doesn't, Banjo might become the next big "SAKURAI PLEASE" character.
Or maybe Isaac, but there's gonna be another one. there always is.
I just want it to be somebody new and fresh because hearing of these characters for the past 10 years and their potential has just gotten tiring. Love the characters, just wish they were acknowledged already especially since most want just one unique from those games anyway while many other franchises are on their 6 or 7th rep already. (Figure of speech, but Golden Sun and Banjo deserve 1 character is Mario can have 9)

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I just want to say that Over9000BPM Over9000BPM can say whatever he/she wants lol.
It's his/her problem if he/she doesn't like ZSS's new model and wants to talk about it, if you don't like that you can just ignore those kind of posts.

I don't see people complaining about the spam Zinith makes about Yoshi everyday or even my Bandana Dee spam, in fact, I get like 20 likes for it for no reason lol, so yeah, don't be rude.
See, when Zinith does this sort of thing it's endearing.

This is just annoying and nitpicking.

D

Deleted member

My bet is that Shovel Knight will become the most requested character for DLC.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also just as a general comment, please don’t use autism as an excuse for how you behave on the internet. I’m so sick of reading that crap.

-signed, someone who is also autistic

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All that effort, undone by a lack of knowledge of how accents on letters work.

That's the "leak" game for you.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think most of Alax's predictions will probably fall flat. Though I think it's just some of his base game predictions feel more likely for DLC. Banjo being a big one at that, and I think maybe Tails too regardless or not Shadow's in as an echo fighter in the base game or not.

That said yeah, Shadow Mario (As an echo of Mario) and Kiddy Kong (DLC Echo for Donkey Kong) are completely out there choices.
I'd be a little shocked if Banjo wasn't in the base roster.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Alax is a funny guy who makes some entertaining videos, but I don't think he's into Smash speculation as much as he was with Smash 4. Even with his initial prediction roster, there were a lot of generic or weird picks (64 Mario and 64 Link as unique characters?).

I just want it to be somebody new and fresh because hearing of these characters for the past 10 years and their potential has just gotten tiring. Love the characters, just wish they were acknowledged already especially since most want just one unique from those games anyway while many other franchises are on their 6 or 7th rep already.
Halfway agree. While I do think some of these characters are starting to get old, I don't automatically crave new faces because of the constant push. I want to know what that character can bring to the roster, and if the best they can offer is "they would finally represent X franchise on the roster", then I might actually prefer getting someone popular who I don't really care about (Geno, Skull Kid, etc.) instead. At least the fan demand would somewhat justifiy their inclusion for me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think some of us are being a tiny bit too aggressive towards Over9000BPM Over9000BPM . It's fine to be irritated with the topic of Zamus but let's not get hostile about it.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Like how Wolf was an obvious shoo in for Smash 4 DLC? :smirk:
Why must you hurt me so?

Although this game will have a far longer DLC life cycle since it won't be on a dead system and its early in the system's lifespan.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Just saying on the ZSS topic, my main issue is that it's the same thing over and over again, no new discussion is ever gonna come from that. If he wants samus to have big boobs then that's his deal but bringing it up over and over again isn't gonna change that. Like I really have no idea what more you want us to say on it fam.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Nah, the ESRB leak also had writing errors yet it ended up being real
As for the Isaac's sword, there are 2 posibilities:
-he's holding the sword upside down
-they're not done rendering it
He's holding the sword like Ike, definitely. But his sword is still cut off at the bottom

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It is fake because I know for a fact that it is fake. Isaac is not what kills it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Make you a bet that I’ll regret later? If Banjo-Kazooie is not in the base game or DLC within the first 6 months of release, I will delete my account.
Damn dude. I mean I’m pretty confident in Banjo’s chances but... well, the idea that we live in a world where Banjo is seen as a shoo-in really speaks to how crazy this Smash is.

We really do live in a society.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why must you hurt me so?

Although this game will have a far longer DLC life cycle since it won't be on a dead system and its early in the system's lifespan.
Sure, but I wouldn't call Banjo a shoo-in.
You want to see what a shoo-in looks like?
Untitled.png

Returning veterans aren't the same case as newcomers.
Veterans are more of a shoo-in than actual third party newcomers.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
what was the ESRB's writing error?

RH as the symbol for a game called rhythm paradise in some parts of the world and Agnes having the wrong accent over the E seems like pretty conclusive evidence its fake.

Chrono.

And if he wasn't, it's a shoo in for DLC.
Eh, I wouldn't say shoo-in.

I actually feel it would more or less diminish his chances. Unless it was another Sonic in Brawl situation where Sakurai asked, they said no, then said yes anyway, delaying his development for DLC. I don't see why would he miss the base roster if he did highly on the ballot (which is pretty likely.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom