• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Y'all saw Alax's new video? Thought it was interesting enough.

For the tl;dw crowd:

Base roster:
1. Geno
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
4. Isabelle
5-6. Tails and Shadow
7. Banjo Kazooie
8. Incineroar
9. Ken
10. Shadow Mario
11. Ninten
12. Louie
13. Black Shadow
14. Black Knight

DLC:
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong
17. Rex & Pyra
18. Springman
19. Crash

D

Deleted member

Very likely echo?

Popular fan request?

Literally not that bad looking save the dead face?

You guys are just mean and fail to realize this game has always had ****ty screenshots of every character because the action takes place so far away from them 90 percent of the time.

Actually looks professionally made with effort put in?

Nah. People who say you'd think it'd be fake if that were leaked are just overstating how bad his model looks in that picture and it's simple as that.
I'm not talking about Chrom himself, I was calling him ever since E3 myself. I'm takking about how people would've called his face "off-model" alongside other things. We've seen real leaks get called fake, why is it so hard to imagine most of the Smash fanbase doing that again?
Okay, if i told you that they're releasing a Fortnite DLC in MK8, would you believe it?
Actually, I'm disappointed this isn't real.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Base roster:
1. Geno
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
4. Isabelle
5-6. Tails and Shadow
7. Banjo Kazooie
8. Incineroar
9. Ken
10. Shadow Mario
11. Ninten
12. Louie
13. Black Shadow
14. Black Knight

DLC:
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong
17. Rex & Pyra
18. Springman
19. Crash
>Tails
>Ninten
>Louie
>Kiddie Kong
Bruh

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay, if i told you that they're releasing a Fortnite DLC in MK8, would you believe it?
Pssh, obviously fake. Nintendo might be a business but they still respect video games as an art form. They'd never include such a shameless, cross-promotional plug as a form of cheap publicity if it doesn't actually fit within the game itself. Why would anyone ever think that...

...Oh.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Guys, what if Smash simply just suffers from same face syndrome?

I mean why else would we complain about generic anime sword users in the first place?:troll:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I just want to say that Over9000BPM Over9000BPM can say whatever he/she wants lol.
It's his/her problem if he/she doesn't like ZSS's new model and wants to talk about it, if you don't like that you can just ignore those kind of posts.

I don't see people complaining about the spam Zinith makes about Yoshi everyday or even my Bandana Dee spam, in fact, I get like 20 likes for it for no reason lol, so yeah, don't be rude.

By the way, Bandana Dee for Smash.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

For the tl;dw crowd:

Base roster:
1. Geno
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
4. Isabelle
5-6. Tails and Shadow
7. Banjo Kazooie
8. Incineroar
9. Ken
10. Shadow Mario
11. Ninten
12. Louie
13. Black Shadow
14. Black Knight

DLC:
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong
17. Rex & Pyra
18. Springman
19. Crash
Remember when he did this for Smash 4 and not only all of those predictions were wrong, He said that Lucas wouldn't be DLC and yet he got in?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I mean why else would we complain about generic anime sword users in the first place?:troll:
So what you're saying is that we're all essentially internationally known K-Pop superstar PSY?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I was going to bring up how Captain Falcon had Snake's eye textures in Brawl that you can see if you hack the camera but then I remembered I have never seen Snake and Captain Falcon together in the same room...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

For the tl;dw crowd:

Base roster:
1. Geno
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
4. Isabelle
5-6. Tails and Shadow
7. Banjo Kazooie
8. Incineroar
9. Ken
10. Shadow Mario
11. Ninten
12. Louie
13. Black Shadow
14. Black Knight

DLC:
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong
17. Rex & Pyra
18. Springman
19. Crash
>Bandana Dee, Isabelle, Black Shadow, Rex & Pyra, Springman, Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, Crash

36c.png

>Shadow Mario instead of Elma, Louie instead of Lloyd, KIDDY KONG BEING THERE PERIOD

6e4.png

nevermind Shadow Mario still being in Bowser Jr's Final Smash, or the fact that Shadow Mario and Bowser Jr. are literally the same person

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
There are two types of Smash speculation:

“I’m really feeling it!”
And
“Talk is cheap.”

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Does that guy know that Shadow Mario is Bowser Jr's Final Smash and that is also an absolutely ridiculous option?

Even Kiddy Kong makes more sense lol.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just want to say that Over9000BPM Over9000BPM can say whatever he/she wants lol.
It's his/her problem if he/she doesn't like ZSS's new model and wants to talk about it, if you don't like that you can just ignore those kind of posts.

I don't see people complaining about the spam Zinith makes about Yoshi everyday or even my Bandana Dee spam, in fact, I get like 20 likes for it for no reason lol, so yeah, don't be rude.

Ugh, if you want to spam something all day, just put it in your signature so it's the first thing people see when you post.

Cough, please play SMT, cough.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

As someone who has ignored multiple people on this thread who only seem to post about one thing in the past (an inability to post without mentioning or alluding to Yoshi or Skyrim being key examples) you end up seeing some particularly disjoint conversations because of it. It's really a no win.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
  • I'd like Chorus Kids, if only to rep a new series. I've never even played RH.
  • Chrom looks fine. I honestly don't see where all these complaints are coming from, especially for stuff you can only see when you pause the game and zoom way in.
  • I find people who shoe-horn a character/topic into every single post they make annoying regardless of who/what it is. So at least I'm consistent :p

D

Deleted member

For the tl;dw crowd:

Base roster:
1. Geno
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
4. Isabelle
5-6. Tails and Shadow
7. Banjo Kazooie
8. Incineroar
9. Ken
10. Shadow Mario
11. Ninten
12. Louie
13. Black Shadow
14. Black Knight

DLC:
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong
17. Rex & Pyra
18. Springman
19. Crash
This was ny far his worst video so far. First there's Shadow Mario and then there's K.Rool being owned by Rare. Then there's Kiddie Kong...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
also I think it's a bit overkill to get both Tails AND Shadow. We'd only get one or the other most likely, either Shadow (Echo) or Tails (possibly Unique), but not both. Thus far it seems the maximum amount of playable characters per third party FRANCHISE (not third party altogether) is 2.

Noipoi

Howdy!

For the tl;dw crowd:

Base roster:
1. Geno
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
4. Isabelle
5-6. Tails and Shadow
7. Banjo Kazooie
8. Incineroar
9. Ken
10. Shadow Mario
11. Ninten
12. Louie
13. Black Shadow
14. Black Knight

DLC:
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong
17. Rex & Pyra
18. Springman
19. Crash
Okay these are some pretty solid predictio-
SHADOW MARIO
KIDDIE KONG

Never mind.

D

Deleted member

At least this one looks like it might actually be in 3D, lol.
If that's the case, gimme that link, cause that model is cleeean.

Yup, Smash never takes creative liberties with characters at all, ever.

It depends on the franchise, though. If we're talking about Fire Emblem, look at Robin and Chrom, they still resemble a lot of their original design. It's a case-by-case basis.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
That still remains one of my favorite arguments against the ESRB leak. Like, I get where they were coming from, but they're both human characters. I think they're allowed to have similar faces.
Marth has more of a similar face to Shulk. Why didn't people say that Shulk is just a photoshopped Marth?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
My point was I’m not going to humor someone who can’t get basic info right.
Honestly this is why I only really listen to Mimique when it comes to predictions. He knows a decent chunk about Nintendo history and has so far had a really good track record with predicting smash info, whether or not you think he's a leaker in disguise

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace

Thank you. I do respect the opinion of everyone that disagrees with me. I’m honestly bothered by the fact that it bothers me so much, if that makes sense. Such a small, stupid detail. If people like the new model, good for them! At this point I just want an alt skin like Ike got. Then everyone’s happy, right? :)

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Except Zinith and yours post don't make people uncomfortable/deman people.

Even if it isn't against the forums rules to ignore people's request to change the topic because it makes them uncomfortable (and rightfully so), it's incredibly rude to ignore them and continue to make them uncomfortable over the same point post after post.

At least when Zinith posts about Yoshi it's something new such as wanting him to be buffed, or new colors, or why would everyone kick out Yoshi out of the original 8 for a newcomer (sorry Zinith).

It's not the same.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So if Geno gets in, the collective Smash fandom will be out of gigantic Brawl-era grassroot campaign characters to rally behind.

As such, if Geno gets in, I vote that we should all collectively rally behind Merric. We should meme Merric into Smash, for the good of humanity.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think most of Alax's predictions will probably fall flat. Though I think it's just some of his base game predictions feel more likely for DLC. Banjo being a big one at that, and I think maybe Tails too regardless or not Shadow's in as an echo fighter in the base game or not.

That said yeah, Shadow Mario (As an echo of Mario) and Kiddy Kong (DLC Echo for Donkey Kong) are completely out there choices.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Except Zinith and yours post don't make people uncomfortable/deman people.

Even if it isn't against the forums rules to ignore people's request to change the topic because it makes them uncomfortable (and rightfully so), it's incredibly rude to ignore them and continue to make them uncomfortable over the same point post after post.

At least when Zinith posts about Yoshi it's something new such as wanting him to be buffed, or new colors, or why would everyone kick out Yoshi out of the original 8 for a newcomer (sorry Zinith).

It's not the same.
Who am I demeaning? I don’t want to do that :(

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Honestly guys I just can't wait to make the most epic match-up of all time:

Shadow vs Black Shadow vs Black Knight vs Knight Shadow vs Black vs Knight. In Shadow Moses. Got a problem?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People were still talking about that leak?
wild stuff man

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

For the tl;dw crowd:

Base roster:
1. Geno
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
4. Isabelle
5-6. Tails and Shadow
7. Banjo Kazooie
8. Incineroar
9. Ken
10. Shadow Mario
11. Ninten
12. Louie
13. Black Shadow
14. Black Knight

DLC:
15. Dixie Kong
16. Kiddie Kong
17. Rex & Pyra
18. Springman
19. Crash
>He thinks K. Rool is owned by Rare.

Oh, christ.

No one wants to remember Kiddy Kong. Maybe if he'd said Funky Kong.

Shadow Mario? Why?

The rest are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom