• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I don't bring it up often but I'm actually on the autism spectrum myself, believe or not. Although I've been pretty good at adapting to change in the gaming world I freak out a bit if for some reason my every day routine at work gets interrupted, so I know the feeling. I also get a strong urge to drag whatever my current obsession at the time is into every conversation, but I know it'll annoy some people so I resist it and try to save it for when it'll be relevant.

I personally use my autism as an explanation for my behavior rather then an a justification. Rather then just accept my negative traits as a part of who I am I still try to work on them. Not that I'm trying to throw any accusations onto you, I just felt it was apt to share my perspective on this.
No, that’s ok. I’m glad you did. I’m trying really hard to focus on this leak, I promise :S

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Are there any people who actually want the Chorus Kids in? I mean, i see a lot of people talking about Geno, Isaac or Shantae but never about the Chorus Kids.
I'm not a massive fan by any means but I think they could provide a neat playstyle. We've yet to have a moveset revolve around, well, rhythm.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People saying they would have believed this are all liars
Very likely echo?

Popular fan request?

Literally not that bad looking save the dead face?

You guys are just mean and fail to realize this game has always had ****ty screenshots of every character because the action takes place so far away from them 90 percent of the time.

Actually looks professionally made with effort put in?

Nah. People who say you'd think it'd be fake if that were leaked are just overstating how bad his model looks in that picture and it's simple as that.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Are there any people who actually want the Chorus Kids in? I mean, i see a lot of people talking about Geno, Isaac or Shantae but never about the Chorus Kids.
I'd think they would be interesting. It would be cool to have another game and watch-esque character purely because they are unique looking.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not a massive fan by any means but I think they could provide a neat playstyle. We've yet to have a moveset revolve around, well, rhythm.
I mean, if rhythm is button inputs like Ryu, it can get old fast.

Not to mention, it might pretty hard to get a rhythm in a hectic game like Smash.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
The only issue with the CK is how would a three-person team work. It couldn't be IC-like because the Switch would melt. If they just popped out for certain attacks it'd be fine... I'd rather have Marshal or Karate Joe and have them use a lot of the minigames as individual attacks.

D

Deleted member

THIS JUST GETS WORSE AND WORSE LMAO
This is Lloyd from Tales, by the way. HOW can you derive THAT much from the original source material? This looks so different from the original design of Lloyd.

3nX4tKb.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
The only issue with the CK is how would a three-person team work. It couldn't be IC-like because the Switch would melt. If they just popped out for certain attacks it'd be fine... I'd rather have Marshal or Karate Joe and have them use a lot of the minigames as individual attacks.
They might be like Duck Hunt.

StormC

Smash Hero
Chrom doesn't look great but unflattering screenshots are nothing new. If his render leaked I would probably believe it.

These attempts to have a "gotcha" against people who criticized this terrible leak are silly.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Finally, some actual hard evidence. That's the thing you gotta look for when deciphering leaks. Major/blatant inconsistencies. Saying a character looks ugly is not, has never been, and will never be a good reason.

However, since there are many hard pieces of evidence proving it fake, it's fine to put it behind us now.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'd say the Chrom pic would be fake because literally why would Sakurai go back to a 5 year old game for a pic when the amount of Fire Emblem characters was something loads of people, including Sakurai himself criticized
Funny thing is Sakurai probably had no intention to go back to Fire Emblem again after Smash 4 criticism on the matter but since they seem to focusing on fan desires Chrom was favorite and an easy echo to make... they probably just said 'Screw it and lets do it anyway'.

StormC

Smash Hero
Finally, some actual hard evidence. That's the thing you gotta look for when deciphering leaks. Major/blatant inconsistencies. Saying a character looks ugly is not, has never been, and will never be a good reason.

However, since there are many hard pieces of evidence proving it fake, it's fine to put it behind us now.
Actual character designs and artists saying a character looks like garbage is a pretty good reason, especially if they were defending the ESRB leak.

People will humor anything without a traceable source.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
New Game: How do you want your most wanted's render to look?

I really want Dovahkiin to be shouting towards the camera. Sort of like this official art, but with the camera looking straight on, not from above.
Maybe something like this except looking towards the camera, I love the motion in the hair in this render
Dixie_Kong_flying_in_Diddy's_Kong_Quest.jpg

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Hello! Avid Chorus Kids supporter here! The Chorus Kids fanbase definitely exists, the Rhythm Heaven fan base for Smash is quite a nice chunk actually, it’s just separated by multiple character choices. We may not be as vocal but we’re here haha.
B8A1AE2E-60B9-46EC-85B0-3F778B53BB5A.jpeg

I’d be 100% with Joe or Tibby though, any RH character, really.

Untouch

Smash Master
Another point against the RH logo.
Only one RH logo was found when the file was datamined, while it wasn't complete obviously (as it can't actually be viewed), there weren't localized variants for it.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace

But we’re booooooooooooored :(

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
New Game: How do you want your most wanted's render to look?

I really want Dovahkiin to be shouting towards the camera. Sort of like this official art, but with the camera looking straight on, not from above.
For Skull Kid, definitely something like this
703015.jpg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think a lot of models need a good bit of touching up right now.

SSBUWebsiteSimon1.jpg

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think this screenshot of Simon looks really weird, for example.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It would probably be 1 person, but the other kids either pop up durng an attack or are present the entire time.

Think duck hunt

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Funny thing is Sakurai probably had no intention to go back to Fire Emblem again after Smash 4 criticism on the matter but since they seem to focusing on fan desires Chrom was favorite and an easy echo to make... they probably just said 'Screw it and lets do it anyway'.
I hope if that's the case, the rest of the new characters are obvious then. If he put Chrom in because he wants to make people happy, he'll hopefully do the same for Banjo, Geno and Isaac lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom