• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm just wating for the next series of text leaks that have Agnes, Dante and Soren on them, among others.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Okay can you please just tell us who you actually are, you’ve been very inconsistent with what you’ve posted and you’re very enigmatic as well so if you could shed some insight then that would be appreciated. :)
It's just common sense my dude. If they're not A.T.s then it's likely that they've made them playable characters

Chrono.

What's sad is that people legit spend their free time making these garbage "leaks". There's so much wrong with Agnes' model including the way her name is spelled i just cant honestly.
They sure get us talking.

And some are giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also lol if all the leaks that piggybacked off this one are true that means:

Unique:

Agnes
Wave Race Guy
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Lloyd Irving
Banjo & Kazooie

Echoes:

Ken
Shadow
Isabelle (??)
Dixie Kong (???)

Yeah, if all of these leaks were real leaks that'd be a quite sizable roster left to reveal. Like 10 fighters at least.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Okay can you please just tell us who you actually are, you’ve been very inconsistent with what you’ve posted and you’re very enigmatic as well so if you could shed some insight then that would be appreciated. :)
They're just posting trolly "leaks", I would ignore them.

Shadow and Isabelle being in is more expected than anything. Some rando saying that isn't really a "leak". I'd say the same thing and I'm no leaker.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Pal, I love the Metroid series and enjoy playing ZSS and Samus in Smash. I'm not obsessing over a physical attribute of her.
Like I miss TP Zelda and Ganondorf, but those designs aren't being used anymore, and that's that. Same way I love using fat Pikachu, and it's never going back to that.
If you like the character so much, you shouldn't be hung up over one single thing.
You should be happy that she's still there.
She still has the same breast size, it just she doesn't have boob socks like she did in Brawl and Smash 4. Like everyone else in this thread has been saying:
Drop it and get over it.

I mean the actual thing I'm curious about if they get into Smash, is if they're going to translate them over to the style of Xenoblade 1 and X or stay like their home incarnation.
I think it'd be a little odd to see a different art style between two characters within the same series, not like it can't happen though.
Yeah, a friend of mine is distraught over TP Zelda. I’m trying to get people interested in a movement lobbying for past Smash designs as DLC skins. It’d make everyone happy and fitting for smash “Ultimate”.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I’m talking about it a lot because this whole situation is killing me. Because of the generalisations and the crass assumptions. Because I love this character and I love this series and it means a lot to me. :(
I don't want to burst your bubble, bud.

But Samus is like... in most of her games in one of her suits. It's not like her previous figure made her character.

See if it was someone like Ivy Valentine... Sure. But Samus?

If reboot Lara Croft works, so can ssbu samus.

Just thought I'd throw my opinion on the matter since i've seen this subject drop here a few times

Chrono.

Also lol if all the leaks that piggybacked off this one are true that means:

Unique:

Agnes
Wave Race Guy
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Lloyd Irving
Banjo & Kazooie

Echoes:

Ken
Shadow
Isabelle (??)
Dixie Kong (???)

Yeah, if all of these leaks were real leaks that'd be a quite sizable roster left to reveal. Like 10 fighters at least.
Wave Race guy is Ryota Hayami I think.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
What in fresh hell?

This thing is still going?

God. That Agnes model is horrifying in full.

I'd like to think if Square and Sakurai were going to include a character who has such a gorgeous concept they wouldn't make her look like a potato who has acquired the sense of smell and unfortunately the first thing she's forced to smell is Wario's fart.
I mean, thats the killer for the leak tbh. Both Isaac and Agnes's renders, while seem to modernize the character, really do butcher their iconic looks.

If Agnes or Isaac are in the game, they would be sure to look much closer to their art renders. Ken's and Shadow's surprisingly do look good enough to be actual renders (they look like Ryu's and Sonic's artstyle so it works), but Isaac and Agnes sadly do not.

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, thats the killer for the leak tbh. Both Isaac and Agnes's renders, while seem to modernize the character, really do butcher their iconic looks.

If Agnes or Isaac are in the game, they would be sure to look much closer to their art renders. Ken's and Shadow's surprisingly do look good enough to be actual renders (they look like Ryu's and Sonic's artstyle so it works), but Isaac and Agnes sadly do not.
Shadow looks like butt.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think we better change the subject. You guys have any characters you want to Smash just to see their renders? I'm not even huge on Rex & Pyra but I'd like to see how their poses would be together. Renders for team fighters look really cool this time.
Similarly I'm interested in how they'd do a Banjo-Kazooie render. Also, fur and feathers always look great in recent Smash renders.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I loved Wave Race.

So I'd be interested in seeing how you even begin to make that playable in Smash Brothers.

Still fake.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Yeah, a friend of mine is distraught over TP Zelda. I’m trying to get people interested in a movement lobbying for past Smash designs as DLC skins. It’d make everyone happy and fitting for smash “Ultimate”.
Errhmm...Im reeeeeeally not missing Brawl's Saiyan space armor and scouter Wolf.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
OKAY, if anyone still believes that the leak could be anything, please look at Isaacs sword.... its floating lmao.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Agnes outfit reveals it as fake more than the accent.

It really looks quite painted next to the tremendous amount of detail in Wario who is right next to her.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I dunno, I think Chrom's render is pretty good. The face is weird, but outside of that it's decent.
You understand that people would be picking apart the face and calling it fake because of that right? That seems to be one of the main things when it comes to dissecting image leaks. The face. Rest of the render could be good but if the face is off ohhhh boy it's gonna be picked apart.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Next time a professional character artist tells you all the reasons something is clearly a photoshopped digital painting, don't compare them to the blind idiot who thought Shulk was Little Mac.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright if the topic on Zero Suit is going to keep going on, can we at least talk about the real problem with her new render? The pose. It's the stupid anime boob-and-butts pose that I hate it so much. I mean I'll forgive it on Bayonetta as that's what she's all about and she knows it (and I don't really care about her anyway), but it doesn't make sense for Samus. Her Smash 4 pose is actually kind of cool and dynamic in a way that isn't trying to shove her butt into the focal point.

But anyway, I think it's a little unhealthy to be so resistant to change. It's fine to be disappointed by something by it's unhealthy to latch on to it all the time. A small change in character design should completely destroy your enjoyment of a character, especially when they still match the "power fantasy" she's supposed to.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Next time a professional character artist tells you all the reasons something is clearly a photoshopped digital painting, don't compare them to the blind idiot who thought Shulk was Little Mac.
That still remains one of my favorite arguments against the ESRB leak. Like, I get where they were coming from, but they're both human characters. I think they're allowed to have similar faces.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Agnes outfit reveals it as fake more than the accent.

It really looks quite painted next to the tremendous amount of detail in Wario who is right next to her.
Or her one small eye, awkward mouth, screwed up collar or the facts Agnes is an innocent looking girl pretty much every time. This looks like a murderer.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think we better change the subject. You guys have any characters you want to Smash just to see their renders? I'm not even huge on Rex & Pyra but I'd like to see how their poses would be together. Renders for team fighters look really cool this time.
New Game: How do you want your most wanted's render to look?

I really want Dovahkiin to be shouting towards the camera. Sort of like this official art, but with the camera looking straight on, not from above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom