• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Interesting.
WOW.

You know if they had passed off Shadow's render as being from the banner art, that would have made it a bit more believable.

But his RENDER? Yeah, hell no.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This just makes me think of all the ESRB leak speculation I read last night, where a metric ****ton of people were calling the leak fake outright and not even giving it the time of day, even mocking people who thought it was real.

Not saying this leak is anywhere close in quality to the ESRB leak, but it just makes me think.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If I'm being fair, even though I don't like the pose of the Shadow render, it's attempting a similar style to Sonic's Ultimate render with some of the smaller details.

Still think it's fake though.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The renders of the original leak look much better considering Agnes(?), Isaac and Ken all have depth to them and fit with thebother artstyles presented(Agnes with the other human characters and Ken with Ryu).
The one with Banjo and Dixie doesn't have depth, they're flat drawings, and Banjo's eyes don't match with anyone else in the entire roster.
Except you picked the better ones of that leak, despite Chorus Kids being 2D (while it's possible it's a Game & Watch thing, that's too drawn to be playable--talk about flat drawing), Isabelle looks like she's constipated, and Skull Kid looks like it's traveling in an alternate dimension. And the ones that are better have a bad uncanny valley vibe and still look way too different from the characters they're portraying, to the point even fans can't come to a consensus.

I agree that people look more into leaks, however fake they look, because a favorite character's in it. It's human nature. But half of those characters still look way more fake than B&K, where really their only problem is an odd facial expression and not having a modern polish on them. I don't notice anything particularly flat with B&K, so maybe I do need glasses, or more likely I'm not taking it seriously because I still think it's fake. I'm looking at those images, trying to figure out what people see in them that make them look legitimate, but to each their own. :upsidedown:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'll give the Ken render this, it's almost as bad as Ken's face in SFV:
View attachment 160585View attachment 160586
I don't see any bananas, so it's got that going for it.
Eh, I like the fake one. It does look exactly like Ryu with a blond wig, so I guess they're taking 'echo' a bit literally. But that SFV one is horrific.
Here are more leaks for you
Actually kinda like this one. Could use a Dragonborn, but Tails is good in my book.
Honestly, we should never believe any leaks that don't have these characters on the roster. I mean, they're basically locks at this point:

Newcomers:

Waluigi
Yellow and Purple Folding Chairs
Oil Drum
4chan
Slowpoke

Echos:

Waaonetta (Waluigi proved so popular that he even got in as an Echo of Wii U's favorite character; Bayonetta! Also, he functions as a buffed version of Wii U Bayo. A true treat for fans of competitive!)
Couch Pillows (Echo of the folding chairs)
Potted Plant (Echo of Oil Drum)
GameFAQs (Echo of 4chan)
Every single FE protagonist ever made (including TMS's main character) as a Marth Echo. Sakurai really likes Marth. Every Marth is here!

They're locks guys, toss out any leaks that don't have 'em. :troll:

this post was a joke plz don't hurt me especially for the bayo buff joke and the FE joke
Sorry Link, my new main is Chairs.

We all knew Sakurai was hinting at something.
Full picture of the 'leak'.

Suffice to say, I think we can count this one out. Even the accent on Agnès name is wrong...
Not only is that accent wrong, that's not the same render, is it? She looks like she just got her wisdom teeth out; I want to get her an ice pack for her cheek.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There goes the theory that it was mirrored lol. I can't believe someone went through so much effort of making a leak like that, just to get something so simple as where Agnes' hair splits wrong lol.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This just makes me think of all the ESRB leak speculation I read last night, where a metric ****ton of people were calling the leak fake outright and not even giving it the time of day, even mocking people who thought it was real.

Not saying this leak is anywhere close in quality to the ESRB leak, but it just makes me think.
You said it yourself though, this isn't even comparable to the ESRB leak.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Full picture of the 'leak'.

Suffice to say, I think we can count this one out. Even the accent on Agnès name is wrong...
Agnes's face also looks like 2 halves of different people. As much as I feel like I'm repeating my ESRB thoughts here, I just don't see it. Been trying to argue for it because it looks good on a faker level, but that Agnes render is off, super off.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was gonna say "nice attempt" to the leak
but not writing "Agnès" right and not realizing the "RH" symbol would not work in Japan or Europe are too dumb of mistakes
Oh right here it's Rhythm Paradise. I guess that means the symbol should use the initials for that and get an i in the middle because this leak is ****ing RIP
Well being saddled with an unfamiliar, unprecedented drastic redesign of a character you’re used to looking a certain way is kind of a big deal to me. Sorry. :(
I mean, it ain't that big of a deal, doesn't help the only other times I've seen people not be happy about the new design was going "smh they made her boobies smaller I love boobies I'm a creep"

D

Deleted member

I still can't get over how this leak was confirmed fake by the accent mark being wrong lmao
What a great thing to wake up to.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't know what they'd use for the RH logo, but it wouldn't be RH.
Out of all the mistakes this one is very glaring and obvious, unless they localized the logos (which I doubt they did).

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
As someone who is actually into Bravely, since the party members all pretty much have the same abilities and attacks, it'd make sense to have some of them be Koopalings-style alternate costumes or Echo Fighters. Maybe Agnes, Edea, and Magnolia get one slot and Tiz, Ringabel, and Yew get the other?

But yeah, looks fake. I'll give it points for originality though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't believe Artsy Omni is making fake leaks again
1535652665867m.jpg

Should never have showed the full pic but I'll still give it an A for more effort than what was needed

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This doesn't look fake to me... I'm extremely confident we're seeing the real deal here, even though I want Banjo
There's no way this is real. Don't worry about it. This is nothing like the ESRB leaks, just a bunch of ugly garbage.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You said it yourself though, this isn't even comparable to the ESRB leak.
Yeah. It just makes me think about how quick the Smash community as a whole is to call things fake, no matter what.

I mean, even if the leak ends up being fake like this one, I just don't see the fun in immediately discrediting leaks with effort put in like this.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Well, that was close. Gotta say, I'll love to see something like chorus kids in 2D.
But boy, the quality of the renders are bull**** compared to Wario.
In fact, everything in the universe looks worse compared to Wario.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I can't believe Artsy Omni is making fake leaks again
View attachment 160647
Should never have showed the full pic but I'll still give it an A for more effort than what was needed
Hey, it's better than anonymous text leak number 504. This was refreshing compared to most other leak discussions because there was something to dissect that wasn't debunked in a minute.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Oh right here it's Rhythm Paradise. I guess that means the symbol should use the initials for that and get an i in the middle because this leak is ****ing RIP
I mean, it ain't that big of a deal, doesn't help the only other times I've seen people not be happy about the new design was going "smh they made her boobies smaller I love boobies I'm a creep"
Well I’m sorry but that’s a grossly unfair generalisation. Have you ever wondered why nobody here heard from me until now, two months after June?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Interesting.
So that just leaves Isabelle, Isaac, and Ken, and possibly Lloyd, Dixie and Banjo but it’s unknown if those are actually connected to this or not so it’s best to play it safe.

Chorus Kids, look stunning, Shadow looks okay I guess but Agnes looks like she got hit by a bus like wow.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah. It just makes me think about how quick the Smash community as a whole is to call things fake, no matter what.

I mean, even if the leak ends up being fake like this one, I just don't see the fun in immediately discrediting leaks with effort put in like this.
Because the renders look like garbage and being told we have to give it the time of day because ESRB was real is tiring.

There is absolutely no way these would pass muster in a professional Nintendo game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't know what they'd use for the RH logo, but it wouldn't be RH.
Out of all the mistakes this one is very glaring and obvious, unless they localized the logos (which I doubt they did).
It's exactly the kind of stupid mistake a fan making a fake leak would make. Someone who lives in the States and doesn't know RH isn't called Rhythm Heaven anywhere else.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I heard.

The argument I always see against him is that he's "bland" lol.
I hate calling characters bland but...all of Bravely Default's main characters are fairly bland, imo. They're all just walking JRPG/anime tropes.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well I’m sorry but that’s a grossly unfair generalisation. Have you never wondered why nobody here heard from me until June?
Dude, I get that you love Samus, I do too, but please, stop talking about her and her design. I think most of us got tired of it after the first time.

StormC

Smash Hero
I was complaining about talking about the leak earlier but I'd much rather talk about that than the breasts of a video game character.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Please don't let it be true. That Agnes render is HORRIBLE. It's making me feel weird just looking at her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom