• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can see the mouth is different if you zoom in but the nose? That's a very minor difference or I'm too tired to see it. Shadow's renders all looking similar also means it's extremely easy to fake so this isn't exactly a convincing argument
wow r00d, calling someone nasty for calling bull**** on something incredibly silly

****, I can't remember exactly what Andre the Giant was but didn't it have to do with GameXplain?
Andre the Giant was a wrestler from the 80's who had Gigantism and was 7'4, weighing 520 lbs. Dude was enormous. Also was in Princess Bride, if that helps.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
If Rayman isn't in the base game, which would be shocking, he'll most likely be DLC. Nintendo and Ubisoft are really close.

D

Deleted member

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA THE LEAK IS FAKE, ITS FAKE, ITS FAKE, LETS JUST CALL IT FAKE AND MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE, PLEASE?!
What are you all expecting to happen in September?
Two more Echos and a Pokemon newcomer on the Smash front of things.
Discussion of online will happen if it already hasn't released by the time of the Direct.

Oh, and what might be another thing to indicate a September Direct: People in the Splatoon community have found two new ranked modes, new subs and weapons slowly being introduced into Splatoon 2's data, and the next Sheldon's Picks is coming at an odd time in September with the Nintendo VS. Twitter bringing attention to it. There will probably be a Splatoon 2 segment in this hypothetical Direct if it happens.

Other than those three things, I dunno. I still feel like it's too early for something like an Animal Crossing announcement, but who knows; maybe Nintendo will announce it after seeing the E3 backlash.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
What do people think about Rayman's chances nowadays? He had the trophies in Smash 4, the famous leak that dropped right before the Ballot and garnered quite a bit of support for him,and has been on every Nintendo system since the N64, but...

I hardly see much talk about him anymore, and he would be pretty unkown to the Japanese audience. People seem to be more focused on Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Lloyd and Heihachi in recent months. So whats everyone thinking? Just curious.
he's the kind of character I feel that if not a E3 reveal, he wouldn't be on the base game. I think tho he's one of the top contenders for DLC, he seems to be the suitable character for such (iconic and popular 3rd party that would definitely sell well)

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I've already specified that nearly all 3d shadow renders look similar. And no, its not. It has an entirely different mouth and nose.

Not arguing with you though, I know how nasty you get about your opinions.
I’d say you’re trying to start a real argument.
She may get heated, but she doesn’t usually specify a person when she expresses her disagreements. Tone it back. This isn’t the place for personal beef.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually you called me a dumb *** or something along those lines a week ago for arguing about Bandana Dee. Remember, a mod stopped our argument. Not arguing with you
I call everyone a dumbass. People I like, people I don't like, people I love, etc. You really that upset? Not trying to egg you on, just surprised to see people take me seriously and found 'nasty' laughable when the last time people acted like that to me was when I said anime was for weebs. I can take you into consideration if you want and use less of my trademark trash talking

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA THE LEAK IS FAKE, ITS FAKE, ITS FAKE, LETS JUST CALL IT FAKE AND MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE, PLEASE?!
What are you all expecting to happen in September?
At least it’s something new to talk about? Like seriously I don’t get some of you guys.

Your “something new to talk about” amounts to people pulling some baseless hope/prediction out of there butt (“I hope they reveal X!!”), which can’t be debated, analyzed or questioned, because it’s just people making crap up. Honestly it contributes nothing, so why not let people keep looking at the fake renders?

Chrono.

It's fun dissecting fakes.

Better than discussing Verg for like the 50th time.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I’d say you’re trying to start a real argument.
She may get heated, but she doesn’t usually specify a person when she expresses her disagreements. Tone it back. This isn’t the place for personal beef.
She called me an incel in denial for not liking ZSS’s new design, that was pretty harsh just saying.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
ok so if that "employee wishlist guy" is to be believed, then he also confirmed Dixie, Black Knight, Black Shadow and Shadow? (plus corroborated with Isabelle and Ken)

https://twitter.com/MimiqueVEVO/status/1031717320513662976

I mean sure could be just trolling but I completely missed this info. Oh well it's fun to speculate about regardless
That's a list of predictions, not really any kind of a leak, if it was a leak he'd call it a leak

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
She called me an incel in denial for not liking ZSS’s new design, that was pretty harsh just saying.
Then it would be better to report her than carry on an argument.

I’m not saying you did, but regardless of who starts what, this is a discussion forum. We know the rules.

StormC

Smash Hero
If you're gonna fake a leak, don't pick a character with a ****ing accent in their name, attempts to generate that in the Smash font will end badly.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I didn't call you that for not liking the new design. I called you that for constantly mourning at her breast reduction and going "I want her Smash 4 design because Samus needs big boobs". For a hyperbolic comparison, I'd call someone a memoryman alt if they constantly go "GUYS DAISY IS THE ****ING BEST WE NEED HER TO BE IN MORE THINGS" but not if they go "I like Daisy."
She's basically the main character, no?
Agnes ain't Alternis Dim, who makes the game one step closer to Super Smash Bros Kamen Rider Edition

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
as someone that never played Bravely Default outside the demo, Agnes always seemed to me like she was the protagonist/poster character from Bravely. People suggesting other ones should be playable instead kind of surprised me

Untouch

Smash Master
Making the logo RH would be stupid since the series isn't called Rhythm Heaven everywhere in the world.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I was gonna say "nice attempt" to the leak
but not writing "Agnès" right and not realizing the "RH" symbol would not work in Japan or Europe are too dumb of mistakes

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't look fake to me... I'm extremely confident we're seeing the real deal here, even though I want Banjo

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I didn't call you that for not liking the new design. I called you that for constantly mourning at her breast reduction and going "I want her Smash 4 design because Samus needs big boobs". For a hyperbolic comparison, I'd call someone a memoryman alt if they constantly go "GUYS DAISY IS THE ****ING BEST WE NEED HER TO BE IN MORE THINGS" but not if they go "I like Daisy."
Agnes ain't Alternis Dim, who makes the game one step closer to Super Smash Bros Kamen Rider Edition
Well being saddled with an unfamiliar, unprecedented drastic redesign of a character you’re used to looking a certain way is kind of a big deal to me. Sorry. :(

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What do people think about Rayman's chances nowadays? He had the trophies in Smash 4, the famous leak that dropped right before the Ballot and garnered quite a bit of support for him,and has been on every Nintendo system since the N64, but...

I hardly see much talk about him anymore, and he would be pretty unkown to the Japanese audience. People seem to be more focused on Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Lloyd and Heihachi in recent months. So whats everyone thinking? Just curious.
I think people are sleeping on Rayman. Getting a trophy in Smash 4 seems like a pretty big deal and Ubisoft has been playing nice with Nintendo lately. I never played a Rayman game, but I can see him being a really unique fighter simply because of his character design.

It's really strange that I see Rabid Mario brought up more then him.
Even then
Agnes over Tiz, Edea, or Ringabel?

Smh come on.
It would probably be between Tiz and Agnes, as they're the "main two" while Edea and Ringabel are the "side two".
Neither of them have any stand out abilities from one another, so I think they'd stick with Agnes because of story importance, character design, and because people want more female characters.

Still think the leak is fake though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom