• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised the Dixie/Banjo-Kazooie renders haven't been posted yet.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/429694482 (Not the original thread it was posted in though, it was called Part 4)
Whoever did this has done a decent job of compiling a bunch of N64 renders and paintovers. I've never seen a Banjo render like it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For some reason, I have a feeling the next Direct is going to do a complete 180 on what we're all expecting like Simon's Direct did and the fanbase is going to be complete chaos for at least a week.

Smash speculation as usual, basically.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Ya'know what weird about the Rayman trophies?

Everyone who matters in that series right now got one.

That has to mean something.

3rd parties that seem like the most likely, like I've said before.

Geno- In the game

Banjo& Kazooie- Huge blowout 10/10 moment.

Rayman- In the game

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I feel like Corrin’s competitor for the “promotional first party” DLC was in fact Elma, and he skipped on Elma cause maybe, just maybe, Elma’s weapon switching gimmick wouldn’t translate well on 3DS, and if she couldn’t be on 3DS, she couldn’t be on Wii U
Now that you think about it, it makes sense
I also thought of Wolf being a contender bc of Star Fox Zero, but they probably wanted a newcomer altogether

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
For some reason, I have a feeling the next Direct is going to do a complete 180 on what we're all expecting like Simon's Direct did and the fanbase is going to be complete chaos for at least a week.

Smash speculation as usual, basically.
Most people were expecting Simon lol. He got leaked for months. K. Rool on the other hand was a surprise, even if people speculated it (nobody really expected it.)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/429694482 (Not the original thread it was posted in though, it was called Part 4)
Whoever did this has done a decent job of compiling a bunch of N64 renders and paintovers. I've never seen a Banjo render like it.
I'm going to see this thread talk about how Banjo's expression-less pose makes it fake in comparison to the rest of the renders 50 times at the end of the day at this rate

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Okay, Banjo actually looks incredible, Dixe... Looks off... Not much to really say here.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Teensies didn't IIRC.

And I like my Teensies getting the respect they deserve.
True but to be fair, there are a LOT of them and I don't think there's been one who is like a STAND OUT character, like say Captain Toad or BWD

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Most people were expecting Simon lol. He got leaked for months. K. Rool on the other hand was a surprise.
still K rool at that point was really expected. to the point that a lot of people (myslef included knew we were getting a k rool trailer at the first or second screen shake XD) the only ppl that didn't though that were the people that tought that the intro heroes vs villians slideshow was some kind of allusion to sub space emmisary 2.

D

Deleted member

Dixie just looks really confused.

Banjo is straight up making the "This is fine" face.

So, if there is a September Direct, what're the odds Spirits is talked about it? I personally think that'll be saved for October.

Chrono.

I feel like Corrin’s competitor for the “promotional first party” DLC was in fact Elma, and he skipped on Elma cause maybe, just maybe, Elma’s weapon switching gimmick wouldn’t translate well on 3DS, and if she couldn’t be on 3DS, she couldn’t be on Wii U
I think it's more likely that he went with FE because by that point it gotten out of the niche hole Xenoblade was in.

But this makes an awful lot of sense too.
Wait wasn't this guy that just made some random predictions that some were right?
I don't think he ever had any actual sources
The theory goes that this guy is an actual insider/leaker just disguising himself as a rando dude.

D

Deleted member

Wait wasn't this guy that just made some random predictions that some were right?
Current theory is that he's an employee, or somebody who has connections, disguising his information as 'guesses' and 'wishlist' desires.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

He doesn't (or maybe he does, idk) but his predictions are good. He's gotten most of his stuff right before the 8.8 direct.

Last edited:

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
still K rool at that point was really expected. to the point that a lot of people (myslef included knew we were getting a k rool trailer at the first or second screen shake XD) the only ppl that didn't though that were the people that tought that the intro heroes vs villians slideshow was some kind of allusion to sub space emmisary 2.
I may be alone, but I had no idea who it was going to be until they showed DK. I didn’t pick up on how it was “heroes vs villains”.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I mean if you look closely at Banjo there’s a lot of detail on the fur, it’s just hard to see because of the lighting...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Dixie just looks really confused.

Banjo is straight up making the "This is fine" face.

So, if there is a September Direct, what're the odds Spirits is talked about it? I personally think that'll be saved for October.

Really hoping we get info every month. We are at 3 weeks now since the last one and smash fanbase is in shambles lol

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just want to ask, why are we suddenly now getting barraged with picture leaks on 4Chan?

D

Deleted member

Really hoping we get info every month. We are at 3 weeks now since the last one and smash fanbase is in shambles lol
I'm starting to push my pessimism about the rate of info aside and am starting to think people expecting at least something small once per month at this point are right. A friend reminded me TGS is next month and Nintendo will be there, so a mid-to-early September Direct is probably a lot more likely than I was thinking it was a day or two ago.

TBH, we'll probably know 90% of the whole game by late October. I really don't think they're gonna stretch this out, not when the game is gonna have to go up for preload early November and have datamines happen anyway.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm starting to push my pessimism about the rate of info aside and am starting to think people expecting at least something small once per month at this point are right. A friend reminded me TGS is next month and Nintendo will be there, so a mid-to-early September Direct is probably a lot more likely than I was thinking it was a day or two ago.
Nintendo's never at TGS.

That's weird.

D

Deleted member

I just want to ask, why are we suddenly now getting barraged with picture leaks on 4Chan?
I wouldn't be surprised if this was an elaborate organized ruse from them. 4chan is known for doing much worse **** than just fake leaking so I'd bet on this coming from one of their Discord servers where they planned and made a bunch of fake renders together. No way so many of these are appearing in less than 24 hours, regardless of their quality.

Chrono.

And even if Nintendo wasn't at TGS, a general September Direct is probably on the horizon.

I can't see it not having a newcomer trailer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Teensies didn't IIRC.

And I like my Teensies getting the respect they deserve.
Unfortunately, Teensies are the Toads of the Rayman universe, with everything that implies (though at least the damsels tend to save themselves more often than not).

I mean, his last game was in 2000 if the people who claim spinoffs don't count are to be believed, do bears and birds even live that long?
Dunno about Breegull biology, but Banjo might be hibernating.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, is there a source for Nintendo being at TGS this year, like an official announcement?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I predict there will be no reveal in September. I'm guessing we'll get more info in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom