• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah Skeleton appears in Persona 5, I know this for a fact because you need to fuse all the Jack Bros to get Black Frost.

As much as I like Arsene as a Persona, Ren using only Arsene would be a huge missed opportunity, him using multiple Personas makes much more sense.
Um, wiki says you need Jack Bros and King Frost.

And Jack the Ripper doesn't appear in Persona at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, am I the only one here more hyped for a returning character then a newcomer?

I just love that :ultzelda: new design is from A Link to the Past with bits of A Link Between Worlds thrown in. I've always loved that design, even if I like the Maiden Dress more (hope it's an actual alternate costume)
I'm really hoping any character with a new design gets a new amiibo, I need :ultzelda:, along with :ultganondorf::ultlink:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm not too into it, especially with the Agnes and SK renders but the arguments I'm seeing are of the same quality as ESRB.
"It doesn't look good", "it makes no sense" and so on aren't valid counterpoints.
I vaguely remember "Wario's eyes are bad" and "Why is Ganondorf facing sideways?"

Saying that the hair looks painted or that an eye looks off from a crooked, non-HQ picture (even from artists or the ray-man leaker) is a terrible argument.

That Twitter user saying "Its marths nose" on Agnes's/Girls face is literally the new Shulk/Little Mac debacle lmao.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be fair didn’t the ESRB leak roster get a clearer image later on? Before :ultbowserjr: had the CPU button on his face and :ultwario: was so zoomed out it looked like :ultgnw:‘s hand clipped into his spot

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ding dong the leak is dead?

What kills it?
1. Isabelle and Skull Kid’s “renders” are from images easily found with a Google search
2. I still say Agnès’s eyes are photoshopped Palutena eyes (take a dropper in Paint to the light reflection and you’ll see a hint of green)
3. If that’s supposed to be Isaac, wrong hair color. If Matthew, wrong hair style.
4. All the other models (Ken, Banjo, Dixie, Lloyd) are so low effort it hurts

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
1. Isabelle and Skull Kid’s “renders” are from images easily found with a Google search
2. I still say Agnès’s eyes are photoshopped Palutena eyes (take a dropper in Paint to the light reflection and you’ll see a hint of green)
3. If that’s supposed to be Isaac, wrong hair color. If Matthew, wrong hair style.
4. All the other models (Ken, Banjo, Dixie, Lloyd) are so low effort it hurts
Someone had given an image from which Shadow may have come from as well

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is the pic someone posits he shopped shadow from
For next time, don’t double post. Edit your last post and copy and paste the quote into there

But yup, that’s the Shadow render alright. They just mirrored it like with Agnès.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Hoping this image isn't too far off from the actual roster in the end, save for a few stragglers who deserve to be in with these characters (Geno, Banjo, Waddle Dee etc).

I have my doubts and will say it's fake, but I adore the characters (except Agnes b/c I haven't played bravely yet) seeing these would make me sad if several don't get in nowXD

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
what is with this leaker and eyes? those loyd irvings eyes looks like they are on the forehead? ._.

the second one at least doesn't have glaring issues... bu it feels that people will soon find those renders...

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
At least the last Lloyd photo actually looks like a fit for the UNIVERSAL style of Smash Bros Ultimate....

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Another one just popped up on 4chan
4chan is going nuts today lol. This Lloyd at least doesn't look absolutely atrocious, but it's difficult to believe these when the others were pretty much definite fakes and it's piggybacking off of the timing.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Unrelated, but a Nintendo Direct """"""""""leak"""""""""" just appeared:
New Nintendo direct September 11th

>The Legend of Zelda The Dragon’s Lament will be shown. Release date is late 2019
>New Super Mario Bros 3
>Donkey Kong Country Jungle Jamboree
>Fatal Frame Tome of the Forgotten
>Metroid Prime 4 gameplay. Release date summer 2019
>Fire Emblem Three Houses gameplay release date spring 2019
>Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee gameplay will be shown
>Animal Crossing Amiibo festival will be shown release date is October 19th
>more Smash gameplay will be shown. Ken and Shadow will be revealed as echo fighters
>third party games shown include FF7 ported to switch available that day, and the remake of FF7 will be available on Switch at release
>Fallout 4 on Switch
>Marvel vs Capcom Infinite on Switch
>Resident Evil 2 and KH3 will be available on Switch though not at release

I hope this helps
Source: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/429702489

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Has this been discussed?

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76950778

I'm somehow starting to lean towards fake (not that I have anything against Lloyd's inclusion as I still would like him to be playable for Smash Ultimate.)
Oh god kill it with fire

I guess my biggest pet peeve with this "leak" is that the way characters look in it feels pretty unprofessional if trying to imagine the character artwork pose their accompanied with (Isabelle most glaringly).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

>The Legend of Zelda The Dragon’s Lament will be shown. Release date is late 2019
>New Super Mario Bros 3
>more Smash gameplay will be shown. Ken and Shadow will be revealed as echo fighters
>third party games shown include FF7 ported to switch available that day, and the remake of FF7 will be available on Switch at release
>Fallout 4 on Switch

I hope this helps
Yes, I'm sure Capcom would definitely port MvC:I, the game that's literally deader than the chicken I ate last night.

D

Deleted member

Masochist confirmed!
I mean, you're right, but for the wrong reasons.
Most of my participation in Smash 4 speculation was in the leaks thread going over all and any leaks that appeared. Text leaks were boring but image ones were always fun to discuss and dissect.
I've been very disappointed with the number of image leaks we've had this time around, a consequence I attribute to the Rayman leak. I really don't care if this is fake or not I just don't want it to die yet because it's the best topic we've had and will have for a long while.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

>New Super Mario Bros 3
>Fallout 4 on Switch

I hope this helps
lmfao why would anyone try to say MVCI isn't a dead ass game

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Man, you guys are spending way too much time debating an awful looking "leak."

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

>New Super Mario Bros 3
>Fallout 4 on Switch

I hope this helps
>new Fatal Frame
>Fallout 4, KH3, FF7R, Resident Evil 2
God I wish

>MvCI
I thought that was dead...?

>Animal Crossing amiibo Festival
...nope anything but this disgrace to Animal Crossing now I want this leak to be fake

Also, during the Smash segment they should at LEAST reveal one unique newcomer. I know Ken and Shadow are third party echoes but Uniques arguably generate way more hype

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom