• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
To be honest there is a big controversary about that girl. Not Agnes, but who is that girl to be specific.

Peoples claim it's Saki, other says it's a protagonist from Resident Evil, others Agnes.
It’s Ayumi. This was resolved last night. That hair tie on the bottom left is something Ayumi wears. No question.

DCF83D11-F502-4E4E-A188-B04D57F697A5.png

1A406F0A-B6CE-4051-AABC-5DF74BF1BDB1.jpeg
[SPOILER/]

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Agnes has good points against her, but for the record, a character looking painted isn't that great of an argument against anything really. We have an entire painted illustration.
Speaking of that mural, does anyone else think that Mii Gunner being so seperate from the other miis is suspicious? Almost like she's just there to cover an empty spot for now?...

Calling it she'll get move to where the other Mii fighters are and someone will fill her space. But who?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
The Ken photo in general looks painted, not just the hair. It also shares general features of the illustration, such as shading and lighting, how the hair is layered, and facial details (namely the mouth).

Whoever made that pic really worked hard to copy the art style of the illustration.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Ayumi? But if it's Ayumi, then why did Push call that girl Agnes?
You’ve got me. I don’t see Agnes at all. Agnes doesn’t have the white hair tie or bangs like that. I added pictures to the post. Check it out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of that mural, does anyone else think that Mii Gunner being so seperate from the other miis is suspicious? Almost like she's just there to cover an empty spot for now?...

Calling it she'll get move to where the other Mii fighters are and someone will fill her space. But who?
I don't care who but I hope they put her with her friends. I was already sad with initial picture and they just separated them further.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It does like like Agnès when mirrored, but it’s still fake. Her eyes are edited Palutena eyes

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
You’ve got me. I don’t see Agnes at all. Agnes doesn’t have the white hair tie or bangs like that. I added pictures to the post. Check it out.
I checked it out, but for the record she is not Ayumi. We only have her face. Her face is more closer to Agnes, than Ayumi. And no offense to you, but you just answered your own question. She is Agnes. Ayumi wouldn't have any real moves, imo.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I checked it out, but for the record she is not Ayumi. We only have her face. Her face is more closer to Agnes, than Ayumi. And no offense to you, but you just answered your own question. She is Agnes. Ayumi wouldn't have any real moves, imo.
Agnes doesn’t look anything like it. Ayumi has the hair tie that Agnes never had. Ayumi would have just as many moves as Pac-Man, Sonic, Mario, DK, Diddy Kong, because every character was made possible through creativity. DK literally jumped and rolled and that’s it.Not that moveset matters, because it’s fake.

It’s Ayumi. Promise you.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Agnes/Ayumi is just photoshopped Palutena!"

Now that's something I don't want to be turned into a meme years from now on.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't tend to trust leaks lacking multiple sources. It's really the only reason I accepted to ESRB leak, it had full screenshots, multiple videos that included characters that could not be easily be replicated. These partials leaks that only contain face pictures single roster screenshots, or text leaks always tend to fall into the likelihood of fake to me. These kind of leaks can only be proven in hindsight after the reveal anyway.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Re: "Isaac seems boring"

These could be among Isaac's attacks.

This is boring?
In terms of potential, he's a grand gaia and his trailer would ragnarok.

I think Isaac's design is atrocious imo

The rest are fine even if i dont care for Geno or Banjo
What's wrong with Isaac's design?

Pakky

Smash Hero
So 'supposedly' between Verg and Loz

We have who?

Ken

Square character who will have no music...

Skull Kid

and that's it?

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Man people are still talking about this? LOOK at the images. Some of them are just straight up bad looking. They look painted. They dont look like 3D models. I have no idea why people are taking this seriously in the slightest.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Last week he retweeted someone who said there COULD be a general Nintendo Direct in two weeks, which now would be next week, and sounded really convinced about it, like he either knows something or is trolling hard. Guess we'll find out next week.
I think it could be more that it feels right. Though for me personally, I'm more expecting around September 13th. I also don't think we'll get anybody mind blowing for Smash in a General Direct (I don't think we'll even hear about the online service), just an expected first party character. Of course, my wildest dreams is that we get a B&K announcement along with Rare titles on an N64 Classic. It makes sense, which is why Nintendo would never do that.

When it comes to Mimique's predictions, I'll be keeping an eye on the characters. I transcribed their pics to keep tabs, adding in what we currently know.

Confirmed:
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Simon
4. King K Rool
5. Daisy (echo)
6. Richter (echo)
7. Chrom (echo)
8. Dark Samus (echo)

Most Likely:
9. Skull Kid
10. Geno
11. Banjo & Kazooie

Pokemon:
12. Incineroar (or Lycanroc)

Interchangables:
13. Isaac
14. Chorus Kids (not Karate Joe)

(or Porky, Heihachi, Flynn, Bandana Dee)

Echoes:
15. Dixie (echo)
16. Shadow (echo)
17. Isabelle (echo)
18. Ken (echo)
19. Black Knight (echo)
20. Black Shadow (echo)

(10 unique, 10 echoes)

I still think that's a lot more characters than we'll get in total (not by much though, I'm thinking 8 unique, 8 echoes). Most are what we expect, though there's an oddball or two to keep on the look for. I, however, don't think they're an insider. Just really observant, or really lucky.

EDIT:

Honestly now that I think about it, it'd be a little shocking if Xenoblade didn't get two reps when its had two games in back to back gens.
I think it makes sense for Elma to be in the base game, and Rex/Pyra as DLC, so all of the games are represented (as someone unfamiliar with the series, researching it). It's just been hard keeping Elma in my personal predictions, given the rumors and limited roster. I hope she's in, though.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think it could be more that it feels right. Though for me personally, I'm more expecting around September 13th. I also don't think we'll get anybody mind blowing for Smash in a General Direct (I don't think we'll even hear about the online service), just an expected first party character. Of course, my wildest dreams is that we get a B&K announcement along with Rare titles on an N64 Classic. It makes sense, which is why Nintendo would never do that.

When it comes to Mimique's predictions, I'll be keeping an eye on the characters. I transcribed their pics to keep tabs, adding in what we currently know.

Confirmed:
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Simon
4. King K Rool
5. Daisy (echo)
6. Richter (echo)
7. Chrom (echo)
8. Dark Samus (echo)

Most Likely:
9. Skull Kid
10. Geno
11. Banjo & Kazooie

Pokemon:
12. Incineroar (or Lycanroc)

Interchangables:
13. Isaac
14. Chorus Kids (not Karate Joe)

(or Porky, Heihachi, Flynn, Bandana Dee)

Echoes:
15. Dixie (echo)
16. Shadow (echo)
17. Isabelle (echo)
18. Ken (echo)
19. Black Knight (echo)
20. Black Shadow (echo)

(10 unique, 10 echoes)

I still think that's a lot more characters than we'll get in total (not by much though, I'm thinking 8 unique, 8 echoes). Most are what we expect, though there's an oddball or two to keep on the look for. I, however, don't think they're an insider. Just really observant, or really lucky.
Honestly now that I think about it, it'd be a little shocking if Xenoblade didn't get two reps when its had two games in back to back gens.

Deathborn getting ignored for Black Shadow I think is a result of not being researched in any capacity.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I feel like Corrin’s competitor for the “promotional first party” DLC was in fact Elma, and he skipped on Elma cause maybe, just maybe, Elma’s weapon switching gimmick wouldn’t translate well on 3DS, and if she couldn’t be on 3DS, she couldn’t be on Wii U

Pakky

Smash Hero
I feel like Corrin’s competitor for the “promotional first party” DLC was in fact Elma, and he skipped on Elma cause maybe, just maybe, Elma’s weapon switching gimmick wouldn’t translate well on 3DS, and if she couldn’t be on 3DS, she couldn’t be on Wii U
Don't know much about 3DS's architecture but then again unless I'm missing something couldn't couldn't Villager pull out all of their stuff with no problem?

Maybe this indeed was bias towards FE (I know that's a meme but Corrin was so weird) which is a shame.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So 'supposedly' between Verg and Loz

We have who?

Ken

Square character who will have no music...

Skull Kid

and that's it?
Both have predicted a Pokemon rep too, I believe. One of Verg's sources flat out say is Incineroar.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
New leak!

I have two important questions, and this goes into the larger question posed several times earlier this year regarding why Smashboards is not thriving the same way it has in past speculation scenes.

ONE: Why is this the thread in which we discuss leaks? It is certainly not general, and there is seemingly nowhere else to do it. In fact, if I were new to this site, it would be counter intuitive. This is anything but a general discussion, it might as well be called Leaks and More (SPOILERS).
TWO: It is still excessively difficult to jump into this thread and pick up the conversation. Not just because it is jumbled and unfocused by being a general discussion (That is, I suppose, part of the fun). But constantly the question I see is "What is the current event in this thread?" It takes hours sometimes to catch up to what is happening or being discussed in this thread. That in turn makes it more questioned, then more cluttered, in a continual loop.

We do have some great moderators on this site, but this specific thread is utilized so very differently than the other threads (and perhaps with too many goals), that it becomes its own problem to navigate. It would be awesome to have up to date recaps of the conversation, somehow.

Regardless, I am going to start a leak thread. I dont see one made anywhere, and it is a bit ridiculous that leak conversations are supposed to be jumbled into this thread. If it doesnt stick or a moderator stops me, I guess that will happen. I'll post a link when I'm done.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Both have predicted a Pokemon rep too, I believe. One of Verg's sources flat out say is Incineroar.
Well yeah forgot about that, and to me that makes sense given how it and NO OTHER GEN 7 STARTER was given a lead role in a movie

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Just as a reference for a succinct break down of why that rumour was fake. PushDustIn summarised a bunch of points quite well here:
Most of these points are honestly rather weak. Strongest thing to me is the nose on the "Agnes" render. I'd say this leak is definitely suffering after that, but I wouldn't call it quite dead yet as we *have* seen very similar elements in renders before. Unlikely but could possibly still be coincidence.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
It's the collar of Agnes' shirt/dress not a hair tie
A bold claim since the collar isn’t on the other side, but evenly distributed in Agnes art and renders. Believe as you will. Fake anyway. Neither of them have that eye color. It’s a nobody.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Most of these points are honestly rather weak. Strongest thing to me is the nose on the "Agnes" render. I'd say this leak is definitely suffering after that, but I wouldn't call it quite dead yet as we *have* seen very similar elements in renders before. Unlikely but could possibly still be coincidence.
Sure, excuse the exact same nose with the exact same shading...

But the exact eyes as Palutena, down to the artifacts?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
https://www.models-resource.com/wii_u/supersmashbrosforwiiu/model/9066/

I mean... I guess if resources like this exist then it's easy to make a leak...

Also I heard about somebody "leaking" a low poly Wolf model, but I'm sure its fake

EDIT: It was a joke, I actually thought it was meant to be taking seriously, but the Brawl Minus Dev is making a Ultimate Wolf mod for Smash 3DS

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ugh,.... the image leak looks quite fake, although i have to admit that i would actually love that roster. Isaac, ken and shadow looks like they could come from the mural, isabelle and skull kid looks like SUPER fake CSS squares (They would at least need to be placeholders for me to believe them :/) and the worst of all is agnes render of what i assume is the splash render? i mean... her eyes seems to be in a different plane of existence than the rest of her face :s

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'll give the Ken render this, it's almost as bad as Ken's face in SFV:
ken.PNG
ken2.PNG

I don't see any bananas, so it's got that going for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom