• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean I’d be ok with that line up + Incineroar, though I’d prefer Neku over Agnès

It’s just missing Waddle Dee, Elma, and optimally Lloyd...

D

Deleted member

Well yeah forgot about that, and to me that makes sense given how it and NO OTHER GEN 7 STARTER was given a lead role in a movie
Is that a requirement? I thought Sakurai chose Greninja because he was given concept art and thought it looked the coolest. Lucario & Mewtwo are the only ones that ever actually featured in a movie. Pokemon trainer just showcases the different stages of starter evolutions, Pichu was the most pushed of the Gen 2 'babies' introduced, and Pikachu is the only non-rotating main character along with Ash. If you want a Gen 7 movie that had Incineroar in it, the 'Pokemon, I choose You' movie from 2016 had him in it. That's fairly early in Smash Ultimate's development, so it does fit....or it can, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Man, I've seen some people actually using "that character is dead in canon" as an excuse for why a character shouldn't be a newcomer.

Like.. what?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Man, I've seen some people actually using "that character is dead in canon" as an excuse for why a character shouldn't be a newcomer.

Like.. what?
People are really into immersion these days, I guess. Imagine Dragonball FighterZ if they didn’t include dead characters?

D

Deleted member

Like.. what?
Doesnt anyone immediately counter back that Ridley is, and has been, dead for years?

People are really into immersion these days, I guess. Imagine Dragonball FighterZ if they didn’t include dead characters?
Probably because death has no meaning in DBZ since everybody can be revived with minimal issue and the Afterlife seems to have 0 effect on the fighter's ability to...well...live...since all of them just hung out at King Kai's anyway lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Doesnt anyone immediately counter back that Ridley is, and has been, dead for years?

Probably because death has no meaning in DBZ since everybody can be revived with minimal issue and the Afterlife seems to have 0 effect on the fighter's ability to...well...live...since all of them just hung out at King Kai's anyway lol.
Death is like Man Flu for Ridley. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Like.. what?
Who have people been using that excuse for? It doesn't make sense to me; the fact that we have Ridley (canonically dead since Super Metroid), Simon Belmont (who would be long-since dead during Richter's games), Marth (not sure how the Fire Emblem games are connected, but he's a distant ancestor of Chrom and Lucina), Mega Man (maybe? by the time of Mega Man X), and various Links and Zeldas by whatever the latest game in the Zelda timeline is seems to indicate otherwise.

(EDIT: Forgot Dark Samus.)

There's one other example that I had, but I wasn't sure if it was spoilery. I assume they're talking about a particular Tekken character, though I'm not 100% sure without context.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So 'supposedly' between Verg and Loz

We have who?

Ken

Square character who will have no music...

Skull Kid

and that's it?
Along with probably Incinearoar as someone else said Verg was as sure of Isabelle as he was about Simon. So basically the picture leak was Verg + Loz + The often predicted Shadow/Chorus Kids

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Who have people been using that excuse for? It doesn't make sense to me; the fact that we have Ridley (canonically dead since Super Metroid), Simon Belmont (who would be long-since dead during Richter's games), Marth (not sure how the Fire Emblem games are connected, but he's a distant ancestor of Chrom and Lucina), Mega Man (maybe? by the time of Mega Man X), and various Links and Zeldas by whatever the latest game in the Zelda timeline is seems to indicate otherwise.

There's one other example that I had, but I wasn't sure if it was spoilery. I assume they're talking about a particular Tekken character, though I'm not 100% sure without context.
Well ya know,

Some people just don't think before they post something. There were a few that I saw saying such a thing, luckily not too many of 'em.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I do have an idea for Joker’s moveset that could please long time SMT fans as well as Persona fans, his moveset could utilize Arsene, as well as the Jack Bros, so Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Jack Skeleton would all Assist Joker in his moveset, it also fits because he’s a Wild Card user.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I feel like Corrin’s competitor for the “promotional first party” DLC was in fact Elma, and he skipped on Elma cause maybe, just maybe, Elma’s weapon switching gimmick wouldn’t translate well on 3DS, and if she couldn’t be on 3DS, she couldn’t be on Wii U
Corrin was also probably the safer bet since fire emblem is obviously more popular and I believe one of the other FE characters was used as a base to make him which would make him easier to develop

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Corrin was also probably the safer bet since fire emblem is obviously more popular and I believe one of the other FE characters was used as a base to make him which would make him easier to develop
I partially want Elma in just to see how they implement her. Like I want her to freely switch between her guns and swords and feel just as fluid as it is in the game. I personally don't think her having a down special transformation will do that justice, but I'm not sure what they best way to do it would be.

I realllllly hope she isn't solely swords for normals and gun for specials. That would be lame.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I partially want Elma in just to see how they implement her. Like I want her to freely switch between her guns and swords and feel just as fluid as it is in the game. I personally don't think her having a down special transformation will do that justice, but I'm not sure what they best way to do it would be.

I realllllly hope she isn't solely swords for normals and gun for specials. That would be lame.
Take a leaf from the Inkling playbook with Shield+B?

Be a shame that onlyone character can use the first new input since Melee.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do have an idea for Joker’s moveset that could please long time SMT fans as well as Persona fans, his moveset could utilize Arsene, as well as the Jack Bros, so Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Jack Skeleton would all Assist Joker in his moveset, it also fits because he’s a Wild Card user.
Jack Skeleton? Was he even in Persona 5?

I prefer him using only Arsene, maybe using Jack Frost, Yo****sune and Pixie as well.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
I honestly couldn't tell who the characters were supposed to be when I first say that leak. Ken and Agnus just look wrong. Matthew also looks a little bland, Banjo looks lifeless, and Isabelle looks like just her in-game model... yeah I'm team fake, but I am glad we're finally getting decent quality leaks.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Jack Skeleton? Was he even in Persona 5?

I prefer him using only Arsene, maybe using Jack Frost, Yo****sune and Pixie as well.
Yeah Skeleton appears in Persona 5, I know this for a fact because you need to fuse all the Jack Bros to get Black Frost.

As much as I like Arsene as a Persona, Ren using only Arsene would be a huge missed opportunity, him using multiple Personas makes much more sense.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Nowhere near as much detail on those portaits as any of the real ones. Half of the E3 demo images taken from bad angles look better than those "renders". You're also telling me Skull Kid looks identical to his assist trophy? Isabelle somehow looks even worse.

Fake without a doubt.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm going to laugh if this real. I personally don't think it is, but half of you are making the exact same arguments that were totally wrong by the ESRB leak, good quality picture or not

D

Deleted member

I'm going to laugh if this real. I personally don't think it is, but half of you are making the exact same arguments that were totally wrong by the ESRB leak, good quality picture or not
Yeah, I'm not too into it, especially with the Agnes and SK renders but the arguments I'm seeing are of the same quality as ESRB.
"It doesn't look good", "it makes no sense" and so on aren't valid counterpoints.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh, I think I'm going to wait until the next reveals or more concrete evidence comes along and see from there.
I'm indifferent to this current leak at the moment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I’ve used the excuse on Medusa, though I also combined that with Kid Icarus content in Smash being based right after the ending of Uprising (which already has Smash apart of the game’s canon)...and now that I think about it
Medusa and Thatanos both only came back to life in Uprising twice due to Hades combining a multitude of souls with their memories, and it seems as if only the ruler of the Underworld can bring someone back to life...but currently there is no ruler now that Hades is only a voice and the rest of him is dead
If there’s a Kid Icarus kind of logical way to have Medusa back to life, then I’m all in for her...but not as much as Viridi...who I still want very much
Has this been discussed?

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76950778

I'm somehow starting to lean towards fake (not that I have anything against Lloyd's inclusion as I still would like him to be playable for Smash Ultimate?)
We found it to be a fake due to Isabelle being based on an artwork and the rest looking off

D

Deleted member

Its only my own head-canon, but I always assumed the original megaman was put in sleep mode or something, then woken up centuries later and upgraded as 'X' since you only see Dr. Light as holograms speaking to X as if his messages were coming from the past. So clearly Light knows him and his schematics well enough to provide enhancements for him; the only way I saw that as happening was that 'X' was a 'new and improved' Mega Man.

It is canon that Zero was created by Dr. Wily as his final creation, and since Zero and X are around at the same time, it just lent credence to my thoughts that X was the original Megaman; just retooled for the future.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Has this been discussed?

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76950778

I'm somehow starting to lean towards fake (not that I have anything against Lloyd's inclusion as I still would like him to be playable for Smash Ultimate.)
Son of a gum-chewing funk monster! Why the FRUIT does all this FUNNY STUFF happen! FORGET my life! I’m surrounded by all these miserable failing Claud’s!
Like this whole world wants to bend me over and FIND me in the ALPS! Like I’m some sort of SCHLOP receptacle. Well as far as I care, these miserable cows can have a FANCY barbecue with a GOD DAMN PIG!

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Son of a gun-chewing funk monster! Why the FRUIT does all this FUNNY STUFF happen! FORGET my life! I’m surrounded by all these miserable failing Claud’s!
Like this whole world wants to bend me over and FIND me in the ALPS! Like I’m some sort of SCHLOP receptacle. Well as far as I care, these miserable cows can have a FANCY barbecue with a GOD DAMN PIG!
Not a lloyd fan I take it

D

Deleted member

Son of a gun-chewing funk monster! Why the FRUIT does all this FUNNY STUFF happen! FORGET my life! I’m surrounded by all these miserable failing Claud’s!
Thank you, Vegeta. Your contribution is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom