• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who WANTS it to be true? It is like the perfect line-up for the last bunch of newcomers for me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Am I the only one who WANTS it to be true? It is like the perfect line-up for the last bunch of newcomers for me.
Oh, I want it to be true. That's probably why I tried so hard to find a crack in the Agnes render—she was my ballot pick, so I didn't want to start getting hype unless it really was true.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Any "leak/rumor" saying Skull Kid in is alright with me.

I'm convinced it's fake but willing to wait until the next character reveal to compare renders. Although I personally predict a Pokemon reveal next so that wouldn't help...

D

Deleted member

I didnt think about this until now (Im tired...didnt occur to me right away)

Why is the last one a '?'

They want to leave it a surprise or what? If its part of a 8 man melee like people are guessing, how would this person not have seen the last one? Unless its such a mind blowing addition that they wanted to leave it a surprise (which I doubt).

On a side note, I played around with roster maker back before the E3 reveals and I actually put Agnes into my roster since I knew that Bravely Default (and its sequel) did very well. Even to the point of Square remarking that they were surprised about its popularity (which honestly annoyed me since of course the West liked it; it was the traditional style RPG we've been demanding of them ever since they started straying....going into a rant....must....stop.....)

My other predictions were Simon (due to the Vergeben leak and liking the idea), King K Rool (because I really wanted him), Dark Samus, Paper Mario, Dry Bowser, Dixie Kong, and...I had one other....who was it? Darn....can't remember. I'm on my work PC so I dont have the roster to pull up. Might have been Skull Kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what, here's an idea. Think of alt costumes you'd gladly buy as DLC. However, they can't be a different character or personality so no Dark Meta Knight or Mister L.
:ultcloud:Miss Cloud
:ultdk:Punch Out gloves
:ultganondorf:Hyrule Warriors design
:ultmario:Sunshine outfit
:ultmarth:Pantless
:ultlucina:Great Lord minus shield
:ultmewtwo:Armour from the movie
:ultryu:Hot Ryu
:ultsamus:PED suit, Light Suit, Samus Returns Gravity suit
:ultsnake:Tuxedo

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You know what, here's an idea. Think of alt costumes you'd gladly buy as DLC. However, they can't be a different character or personality so no Dark Meta Knight or Mister L.
:ultyoshi:The remaining Yoshi colors (Orange, White, Brown and Magenta). I'm dead serious, I'll pay whatever...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:ultsnake: Lab coat
:ultcloud:Chaos Warrior outfit from Dissidia 012
:ultlucina: Glorious Archer
:ultpeach: Odyssey winter coat
:ultness: Pajamas
:ultchrom: Great Lord
:ultfalcon: Shirtless, literally don’t even @ me fam
(Isabelle) - that adorable dress she had on in that Kyary Pamyu Pamyu commercial

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'd like to talk about Mimique once again to let everyone know that he conveniently "guessed" Chrom and K.Rool for the Smash Direct like 2-3 days before it happened, if anyone cares.

D

Deleted member

I like your game, I would play it, but my choices would be an exact copy of yours. Good choices! My only other addition would be Toon Link in his pajamas

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
To be honest there is a big controversary about that girl. Not Agnes, but who is that girl to be specific.

Peoples claim it's Saki, other says it's a protagonist from Resident Evil, others Agnes.
Who the hell thinks it's Saki or Jill/Claire/anyone from Resident Evil?!

Agnes is probably who the leaker was going for, personally I don't know why. Maybe wanted to do something more surprising than just Geno since they seem to be using Verg/loz

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to talk about Mimique once again to let everyone know that he conveniently "guessed" Chrom and K.Rool for the Smash Direct like 2-3 days before it happened, if anyone cares.
So did I. They were hardly far-fetched :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

So did I. They were hardly far-fetched :ohwell:
I think some people's issue with them is that they were too safe. But at this point, since every other major character is already confirmed in, I think 'Safe' is really all that's left.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
:ultsnake: - MGS1 Outfit
:ultryu: - Hot Ryu
:ultganondorf: - TP Ganondorf
:ultlink: - OoT Link

:ultsimon::ultmegaman::ultpit: - Captain N incarnations

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just googled her and wow.

She apparently has the worst stats in her base game.

She really sounds like something I want. /s

It aso recommends making her a mage and really if we were getting a mage from Square? Please give me Black Mage or hell even Terra. She's known for being a magic user.
I think the leak is fake, but you barely scratched the surface of her moveset potential with the research you done.

The mechanics of Brave and Default would make her an immensely stand-out character.

Look up any review/gameplay summary of Bravely Default, and you will quickly find out why certain Agnes fans like me want her playable in Smash so badly.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
About the B&K/Dixie renders--they're way better than the 8-player leak. Consistent, graphical style is on par with the other characters. But as was said, their facial expressions don't look anything like a Smash render. But if we're going to talk about crappy renders--slightly less crappy renders are also fair game, if not more.

I think Mimique is definitely someone I want to keep my eye on. However, I'm worried the cases presented are examples of "showing the hits, ignoring the misses". I'd like to know what predictions he made that were wrong to have more of an idea of his track record. However, given his recent posts of who he considered most likely--he said a lot of characters, more than I think will be in the actual game. So it may just be an example of throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. I hope he's right--for B&K's sake.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:ultganondorf:: HW armor, TP armor, and shove him in the BotW Desert Voe set lol
:ultkrool:: Full Kaptain alt
:ultlink:: TP tunic, BotW soldier armor or HW trainee armor, TP magic armor, TP sumo pants, BotW Snowquill set, a legit Fierce Deity that’s not a weird green or grey recolor
:ultlucario:: Proper shiny
:ultmario:: Fire Mario, some of the Odyssey outfits like the Football one
:ultmewtwo:: Proper shiny, Armor from Movie 1
:ultpokemontrainer:: Gen 1 Team Rocket grunt, where the Pokémon are Squirtle with a dark shell and the Squad shades, Ivysaur with a black rose, and Charizard with his legit shiny color
:ultryu:: The bearded one
:ulttoonlink:: Outset Island shirt:ultwolf:
:ultzelda:: TP dress, BotW royal gown, BotW prayer dress, HW dress, OoT dress

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh and also...

Sailor Yoshi
I remember when this came out and I was like “WTF?” These are for the most part bizarre...

...but that Isabelle is so cute and 100% needs to be in.

*picturing pinafore Isabelle getting roasted by Ridley’s final smash*
*picturing pinafore Isabelle finding a Death Scythe and getting revenge*

T-Hell

Smash Lord
About the B&K/Dixie renders--they're way better than the 8-player leak. Consistent, graphical style is on par with the other characters. But as was said, their facial expressions don't look anything like a Smash render. But if we're going to talk about crappy renders--slightly less crappy renders are also fair game, if not more.

I think Mimique is definitely someone I want to keep my eye on. However, I'm worried the cases presented are examples of "showing the hits, ignoring the misses". I'd like to know what predictions he made that were wrong to have more of an idea of his track record. However, given his recent posts of who he considered most likely--he said a lot of characters, more than I think will be in the actual game. So it may just be an example of throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. I hope he's right--for B&K's sake.
Last week he retweeted someone who said there COULD be a general Nintendo Direct in two weeks, which now would be next week, and sounded really convinced about it, like he either knows something or is trolling hard. Guess we'll find out next week.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Just as a reference for a succinct break down of why that rumour was fake. PushDustIn summarised a bunch of points quite well here:

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
yessss HW Ganondorf and Hot Ryu would be awesome
:ultsnake: - Lowpoly MGS1 look
:ultmario: - various of the Odyssey costumes, would pay double for the Mario 64 one
Original 12 - lowpoly look from SSB64
:ultsimon: - that redhaired bishonen-esque design with black clothes (not sure which game it is from)
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade 2 look (not sure if it'd be able to look much different from the normal look)
:ultbayonetta: - White fancy dress+hat from Bayo2 opening
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk: - some stuff from Mario Party 2 maybe?
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: - those bodysuits from Assault

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Just as a reference for a succinct break down of why that rumour was fake. PushDustIn summarised a bunch of points quite well here:
Not enough to knock it down. We'll know if it's real by the next direct though which I'm predicting is in 2 weeks.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Not enough to knock it down. We'll know if it's real by the next direct though which I'm predicting is in 2 weeks.
Not enough to knock it down? How much more dodgy stuff do you need before it comes across as clearly fake? Not trying to sound rude, but the amount of inconsistencies, both within the set of renders and following the stylistic and lighting conventions of the other renders really can't be overlooked.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Not enough to knock it down? How much more dodgy stuff do you need before it comes across as clearly fake? Not trying to sound rude, but the amount of inconsistencies, both within the set of renders and following the stylistic and lighting conventions of the other renders really can't be overlooked.
To be honest, even if it looks fake, there is a chance it has been taken from an beta version of the game and not the RTM version. So these renders might be official, just not polished or completed. Also, I agree with Reese - for the record, anyone looking painting might still be official. If this is false though...I'm sorry that this Kirby-like Yoshi Zinich and others fell for it, but I never believed it in first place.

I don't like to put my expectations high. Just keep them low.

Oh, and I would like to point out a thing. That's a illustration, right? Empty spaces are not a good factor of determining if a character can get in, since the others always get moved.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Maybe I should try my hand at making an icon of her. Others have, but I want to so bad.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
:ultbayonetta: - Ancient design, Umbran Gekka, Posh Dress
:ultbowser: - Hipster Bowser
:ultcloud: - Kingdom Hearts design, Dress
:ultcorrin: - Nohrian and Hoshidan Noble
:ultganondorf: - Hyrule Warriors
:ultlink: - Gerudo Link, Barbarian, Flamebreaker, Snowquill, Zora, Ancient, Soldier, Hyrule Warriors
:ultluigi:/:ultmario: - Tennis Aces attire
:ultlucina: - Great Lord, Yukata, Exalt, Modern, Bridal, Easter, OST Poster Dress
:ultmewtwo: - Armour, Shadow Mewtwo
:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy: - Sports Outfits
:ultridley: - Omega Ridley
:ultrobin - Grandmaster, Christmas, Summer
:ultrosalina: - Sports outfit
:ultchrom: - Great Lord, Risen King, Exalt, Mirage, Knight Exalt, Easter, Christmas, Summer Scramble
:ultryu: - Hot Ryu, Wild Ryu, Horror Ryu
:ultsamus: - PED, Samus Returns suit, Light Suit, Dark Suit, Fusion suit
:ultsheik: - Hyrule Warriors
:ultshulk: - The other armour from Xenoblade
:ultsimon: - Red Head Simon, Armoured Simon, Mirror of Fate Simon
:ultsnake: - Naked Snake (as in that camo), Tuxedo, MGS1 Sneaking Suit, Old Snake
:ulttoonlink: - Outset Island
:ultwario: - Tennis Aces attire
:ultzelda: - Hyrule Warriors
:ultzss: - Civilian Outfit

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpit:- Three Sacred Treasures...and shirtless
:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultchrom:- everything from FEHeroes
:ultmario::ultlink:- shirtless...boxers only
:ultpikachu:- Detective
:ultyoshi:- prison gear
:ultsonic:- Boom
:ultsamus:- Fusion suit
:ultzss:- white ending suit from Zero Mission
:ultmegaman:- Rock
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne
:ultbowser:- Pimp Daddy
:ultinkling:- Splatoon 2
:ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultdaisy:- Sports
:ultryu:- Beard