• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do I really have to tell people that the leak is fake cuz Ken's render is literally just a render over top of Ryu and the ****ty photoshopped hair is just atrociously bad?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
All these artwork comparison is reminding me too much of ESRB lol
And no, not just "Shulk is Little Mac"
People did the exact same with Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr
They're the same characters, pasting artwork over them is bound to fit I guess
I still think it's fake but the entire situation is reminding me too much of ESRB
If anything, all these failed attempts to disprove it are almost making me more convinced of it.

But of course, I had other reasons to believe the ESRB leak. There's no reason for me to believe this one yet.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All these artwork comparison is reminding me too much of ESRB lol
And no, not just "Shulk is Little Mac"
People did the exact same with Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr
They're the same characters, pasting artwork over them is bound to fit I guess
I still think it's fake but the entire situation is reminding me too much of ESRB
It really is scarily similar to ESRB.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm not sure what I'm looking at, Doc.

Put it to me in dumb words.
I've upped the contrast so people can see what I see. The exact same shading artifact in Palutena's eye is in Agnes's eye.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I'd be happy if this roster ended up being real lol
if the unlikely happens and it's Ayumi instead of Agnes, I'd actually be even happier. Smash needs that obscure representation and especially that visual novel/adventure game representation

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One thing I do notice when zooming into the eyes of "Agnes" is the little light reflection dot does have green around it

And there is also a blue Square over part of it

But these could just be distortions from the low quality picture
111.png

Edit: I also increased some settings to make it more visible.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really hope for Agnes sake it IS fake.

She's a very BEAUTIFUL character.

Like jesus christ her design just reeks of gorgeous.

And then....that....THING is...just....yikers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 160521

I corrected the crooked eyes and the weird perspective on the mouth.

This isn't meant to prove anything other than I think the face is super wonky, lol.
****ing thank you! That's my biggest issue with these images, how jacked up the faces are. It'd be a bad look for something so jank to be official, Same with Ken's. His nose and mouth are too weird looking.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Bravely default is huge in Japan, so if this is real and Agnes get in, it wont be a suprise. But I always thought that if someone of BD would make it, it would be Tiz

Hate this leak that give me hopes for characteres from game that I love but I thought wont never make it xD the same happen with the gardevoir leak.

Btw, hope Airy gets in as an AT or maybe a boss

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wow, I'm impressed that this one hung around as long as it did.

Still, can't say I'm putting too much thought to it. Some of those renders are higher quality than others, and some look drawn. I'm hoping in Skull Kid's case that that's not his official render.

Also doesn't give me the same feeling of dread that the ESRB leak did.

I did prefer the fake one they posted without ROB since that had the Dragonborn in. I'm just gonna put this one in the 'forget about it until release' pile.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If this all turns out to be real I expect to be part of the photoshop compilation of people's attempts to refute it with image editing

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
All you people crying that this is "Little Mac is Shulk" territory should remember I was the one debunking those people.

She has Palutena's exact eye. You don't just accidentally get the exact same highlights and shading.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, i've stayed up way too late. I'm going to sleep.
If we're still talking about this obviously fake leak when I get up, then that just proves we really need a Direct.

Good night, nerds.

Shroob

Sup?
Alright, i've stayed up way too late. I'm going to sleep.
If we're still talking about this obviously fake leak when I get up, then that just proves we really need a Direct.

Good night, nerds.
We need a Direct every other week at this rate.

If only the website would randomly drop new characters like days of old instead of saving them for Directs, that'd make the blog actually worth visiting and make people excited for the blogposts.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got to wake up in 6 hours so I should probably sleep.

I'm not going to check the site when I get up in the morning. I'll see if anything develops by the time I get off work.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I will add that Ultimate is going for much better looking renders than ever before. The only ones looking a little weird are Chrom and Doctor Mario. I would be very surprised if after the stunning ones like ridley, simon and krool they just slam each subsequent newcomer into jank city.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Alright, the Palutena eye thing has definitely convinced me. It's fake. Let's move it along.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
We need a Direct every other week at this rate.

If only the website would randomly drop new characters like days of old instead of saving them for Directs, that'd make the blog actually worth visiting and make people excited for the blogposts.
Pretty much, I'm also kinda baffled to why they already uploaded every single character video instead of slowly uploading them with each blog post, kinda makes those blog posts feel pointless

D

Deleted member

I don't like all the sudden hate Agnes is getting, regardless if this leak is fake or not, something like this is going to happen. A character no one really considered is gonna get in while a character a bunch of people thought was in(say, Banjo) is not and then they'll hate on that character for "stealing its rightful spot"
I'm tired of seeing the Smash fanbase complaining about things not going their way and then hating on perfectly fine characters.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Please do not post media-only replies. Add some sufficient context instead. :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel like playing devil's advocate here just because this reminds me of the ESRB leak so much, so I'm going to point out that if you zoom in really close on most any character's face and then lower the quality enough anyone will look bad, especially if you're over analyzing it and nitpicking. Saying "it doesn't look right to me" or "it's ugly" just isn't good enough on its own, especially if you consider that most of us are automatically (and rightfully) bias against leaks.

But I still find it really suspicious that Skull Kid happens to be at that exact same angle, and vaanrose may have just won me over with the eye thing. And besides, I tend to assume leaks are fake by default anyway.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pretty much, I'm also kinda baffled to why they already uploaded every single character video instead of slowly uploading them with each blog post, kinda makes those blog posts feel pointless
So people can watch them all if they want.

I mean, it was obvious from the start character videos were nothing new. You could just watch them when they are uploaded to the blog (like I do).

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i just saw the roster *leak* and i must say, if this turns out to be true i would be happy, all the character designs are nice, even isaac looks rly fine to me
even leaving open for more,

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She can become a vampire, that's ...sorta like a Frankenstein

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Related note; How do people here gauge Verge & Loz? Those are the only two really believable text leaks.

I'm curious on what people think of Verge's smash record paired with his less reliable record for other titles and if you guys think loz just knew E3 content and proceeded to screw with people afterwards.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
ppl pull out the good old little mac shulk face surgery out again mh....
guys there are only so many noses they can use to make a character,
most anime style characters are the same in strukture, the sweetspot if you will
i mean what nose and eyes should they use? squidwards nose? spongebobs nose? what about dark samuses eyes?

also i dont say its real, just that it can be real, and that face parts say nothing

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't like all the sudden hate Agnes is getting, regardless if this leak is fake or not, something like this is going to happen. A character no one really considered is gonna get in while a character a bunch of people thought was in(say, Banjo) is not and then they'll hate on that character for "stealing its rightful spot"
I'm tired of seeing the Smash fanbase complaining about things not going their way and then hating on perfectly fine characters.
People will always focus on what isn't there rather than what we get, barring any legit leaks at least we'll get an official presentation of the final roster and characters this time, rather than it just appearing on the internet one day, might help ease the reaction a bit.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
ppl pull out the good old little mac shulk face surgery out again mh....
guys there are only so many noses they can use to make a character,
most anime style characters are the same in strukture, the sweetspot if you will
i mean what nose and eyes should they use? squidwards nose? spongebobs nose? what about dark samuses eyes?

also i dont say its real, just that it can be real, and that face parts say nothing
Right but one thing is using a similar nose and another thing is using the exact same nose in the exact same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom