• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Ayumi WAS going to be in Melee in very early planning stages.

Considering Sukapon and Ditto are both back after being scrapped from Melee, it's not the farthest stretch.
Ayumi was never going to be in Melee, she was just considered and then passed over because of her lack of international presence. Like with Takamaru in Smash 4, people have taken Sakurai's stated consideration and morphed it into her being "planned". Source.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They still do have announcements behind closed doors right? And weren’t :ultwiifittrainer: and :ultpacman: initially behind closed doors too?
Yup, both of them were announced behind closed doors!

They were revealed to the general public after the demonstrations they were revealed in were over.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This is the pic someone posits he shopped shadow from
To be quite fair....thats how shadow looks in nearly all of his renders:

Not saying you are wrong though, but if they were to add Shadow, it may very well end up looking exactly like a mirror of Sonic's Ultimate Render. In fact if you compare both Sonic and Shadow's Ultimate renders, Shadow actually has some similarities.

1535650698778.png

1535650787733.png

The images for Shadow and Sonic are similar in terms of being Sonic-type art. As you can see, the white shading on Sonic's left eye is extremely similar to Shadow's right (which could work for or against this leaks case because the leaker could just have edited that Shadow image you provided and added the white shaded spot on the right eye to match Sonic's lighting on his eyes). Additionally however, Shadow has some 3d texture above his eyebrows that the Shadow image you provide doesn't.

Yes, it could be shopped. It most likely is. But if it isn't, I wouldn't be surprised that Shadow looks like this (the image is definitely stretched anyway) because this is what Shadow ALWAYS looks like in 3d renders lol.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, as Chrono. said, there is probably gonna be a Direct in September regardless of TGS showings.

After talking with a friend about it more, they brought up a pretty good point; Nintendo usually has Directs during the busy months of the year for gaming, which we are now heading into, especially with two of their biggest hitters coming out extremely soon. September Directs are pretty common for Nintendo, and if it isn't September I'm sure it will be early October. They've confirmed all fighters are gonna be shown before release, and with how Nintendo's pre-loads work, the window to show characters off is closing. I think September and October are gonna be big for Smash. They kinda need to be if Nintendo wants to show these things off themselves, lol.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Here's an argument for the images. There was an argument for Shadow's render stating that if its part of a VS. Screen , there should be a ton of ember particles surrounding the portraits.

Well, thats not exactly true. If you wait long enough before/after, the particles are not present.

Example.

1535651672338.png

Compare to this
1535651763124.png

The only thing I find SUPER odd about Shadow's render here is that it is not centered at all in the picture. His head gets completely cut off entirely by the blue screen, but its possible this is a 4 or 8 player match, so the render is thinner. BTW that is supposed to be Chorus Kids next to him, you can tell if you look close enough.

Example:
1535652208048.png

The portraits are thinner and Chrom isn't even centered here.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Go buy some glasses if you legit think this looks any good.
I don't think anybody's saying it looks good. But compared to the really crappy renders endlessly being talked about? Some of which are blurry, doesn't look anything like the characters they're supposed to be, or even 2D? I have no problem with it being discussed, even if I don't see any reason to take any of these seriously personally. At lest with B&K, it gives me the reason to talk about them. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also just want to throw out there, there was an argument for Shadow's render stating that if its part of a VS. Screen , there should be a ton of ember particles surrounding the portraits.

Well, thats not exactly true. If you wait long enough before/after, the particles are not present.

Example.

View attachment 160637

Compare to this View attachment 160638

The only thing I find SUPER odd about Shadow's render here is that it is not centered at all in the picture. His head gets completely cut off entirely by the blue screen, but its possible this is a 4 or 8 player match, so the render is thinner. BTW that is supposed to be Chorus Kids next to him, you can tell if you look close enough.
Does this even matter when we already know it's a flipped Archie comic variant cover?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm going to see this thread talk about how Banjo's expression-less pose makes it fake in comparison to the rest of the renders 50 times at the end of the day at this rate
"It's so fake! Dead inside!"

Meanwhile

"That Skull Kid screenshot *may* look almost exactly like his AT model, but if you look closely you can see it's very slightly modified!"

Seriously, people are ****ting far too much on the Banjo and Dixie renders compared to the rest of the trash. At least they actually have the same style and look decent.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Man that Chrom model is bad. People would call fake if you showed that before his reveal.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA THE LEAK IS FAKE, ITS FAKE, ITS FAKE, LETS JUST CALL IT FAKE AND MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE, PLEASE?!
What are you all expecting to happen in September?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Does this even matter when we already know it's a flipped Archie comic variant cover?
I've already specified that nearly all 3d shadow renders look similar. And no, its not. It has an entirely different mouth and nose.

Not arguing with you though, I know how nasty you get about your opinions.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
"It's so fake! Dead inside!"

Meanwhile

"That Skull Kid screenshot *may* look almost exactly like his AT model, but if you look closely you can see it's very slightly modified!"

Seriously, people are ****ting far too much on the Banjo and Dixie renders compared to the rest of the trash. At least they actually have the same style and look decent.
All the renders looked bad. Dixie and banjo look to be from the snes days. The art before it became sprites.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA THE LEAK IS FAKE, ITS FAKE, ITS FAKE, LETS JUST CALL IT FAKE AND MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE, PLEASE?!
At the very least:
- Isabelle echo
- Xenoblade 2 Torna release trailer + Elma in Smash
- Incineroar maybe...? If not him then Bandana Waddle Dee
- Online Discussion is a given

D

Deleted member

Gameplay of the finished Smash Ultimate game, all our roster dreams to be true + a few fantasies, as well as a cameo by Andre the Giant obviously. What else would we expect 3 months before release?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Chrom's design in general is pretty bizarre now that I think about it.

That one blue pant leg, the one shoulder pad, the X belt on his chest, and that one entire arm exposed.

It's like he's trying to be both Hobo Ike and Princely Marth at the same time.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Me, dying from schoolwork.

Not Smash, but still hype-worthy.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Chrom's design in general is pretty bizarre.

That one blue pant leg, the one shoulder pad, the X belt on his chest, and that one entire arm exposted.

Chrom feels like he was created via focus testing to me. Which is weird considering Awakening was the supposed to be go-all-out final entry and they probably were allowed to do whatever.

Chrono.

Chrom's design in general is pretty bizarre.

That one blue pant leg, the one shoulder pad, the X belt on his chest, and that one entire arm exposted.

Chrom is a dorky dad he probably thinks he looks cool.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
real quick, this is vaguely Smash-related, but it dawned on me that in spite of all the issues XC2 has, it's now a game where KOS-MOS, T-elos, Shulk, Fiora, and Elma can all be in the same party, along with all the new characters. It's really cool and is exactly the kind of fanservice I do like.

D

Deleted member

I don't think anybody's saying it looks good. But compared to the really crappy renders endlessly being talked about? Some of which are blurry, doesn't look anything like the characters they're supposed to be, or even 2D? I have no problem with it being discussed, even if I don't see any reason to take any of these seriously personally. At lest with B&K, it gives me the reason to talk about them. :p
The renders of the original leak look much better considering Agnes(?), Isaac and Ken all have depth to them and fit with thebother artstyles presented(Agnes with the other human characters and Ken with Ryu).
The one with Banjo and Dixie doesn't have depth, they're flat drawings, and Banjo's eyes don't match with anyone else in the entire roster.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
What do people think about Rayman's chances nowadays? He had the trophies in Smash 4, the famous leak that dropped right before the Ballot and garnered quite a bit of support for him,and has been on every Nintendo system since the N64, but...

I hardly see much talk about him anymore, and he would be pretty unkown to the Japanese audience. People seem to be more focused on Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Lloyd and Heihachi in recent months. So whats everyone thinking? Just curious.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've already specified that nearly all 3d shadow renders look similar. And no, its not. It has an entirely different mouth and nose.

Not arguing with you though, I know how nasty you get about your opinions.
I can see the mouth is different if you zoom in but the nose? That's a very minor difference or I'm too tired to see it. Shadow's renders all looking similar also means it's extremely easy to fake so this isn't exactly a convincing argument
wow r00d, calling someone nasty for calling bull**** on something incredibly silly
Gameplay of the finished Smash Ultimate game, all our roster dreams to be true + a few fantasies, as well as a cameo by Andre the Giant obviously. What else would we expect 3 months before release?
****, I can't remember exactly what Andre the Giant was but didn't it have to do with GameXplain?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What do people think about Rayman's chances nowadays? He had the trophies in Smash 4, the famous leak that dropped right before the Ballot and garnered quite a bit of support for him,and has been on every Nintendo system since the N64, but...

I hardly see much talk about him anymore, and he would be pretty unkown to the Japanese audience. People seem to be more focused on Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Lloyd and Heihachi in recent months. So whats everyone thinking? Just curious.
I think he's got a decent enough chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to see him left out.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I can see the mouth is different if you zoom in but the nose? That's a very minor difference or I'm too tired to see it. Shadow's renders all looking similar also means it's extremely easy to fake so this isn't exactly a convincing argument
wow r00d, calling someone nasty for calling bull**** on something incredibly silly
Actually you called me a dumb ass or something along those lines a week ago for arguing about Bandana Dee. Remember, a mod stopped our argument. Not arguing with you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom