• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Rest easy Geno, Banjo, Rayman, and Bandana Dee fans, its good this leak is fake because now we can at least still speculate them as characters.

Do hope that many of these get in though.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Or her one small eye, awkward mouth, screwed up collar or the facts Agnes is an innocent looking girl pretty much every time. This looks like a murderer.
To be fair? Mario smiles and is joyful and happy in just about all promo art of him? Save Smash. In Smash he looks like a man who came to **** **** up and doesn't give a crap who you are. ''Oh? Peach? Is that you? Prepare for the ass whooping my love."

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
You understand that people would be picking apart the face and calling it fake because of that right? That seems to be one of the main things when it comes to dissecting image leaks. The face. Rest of the render could be good but if the face is off ohhhh boy it's gonna be picked apart.
The point is, that render is way better quality than the crap we’ve been looking at today. If that quality is not seen in a render, it is fake. Because every render has a uniform shading, reflective style to it. I don’t know the real terms, but I know what I see. This Smash basically has an unmistakeable finger print built in.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
To be fair? Mario smiles and is joyful and happy in just about all promo art of him? Save Smash. In Smash he looks like a man who came to **** **** up and doesn't give a crap who you are. ''Oh? Peach? Is that you? Prepare for the *** whooping my love."
She looks innocent even when she’s angry. It doesn’t matter what expression she makes.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Alright if the topic on Zero Suit is going to keep going on, can we at least talk about the real problem with her new render? The pose. It's the stupid anime boob-and-butts pose that I hate it so much. I mean I'll forgive it on Bayonetta as that's what she's all about and she knows it (and I don't really care about her anyway), but it doesn't make sense for Samus. Her Smash 4 pose is actually kind of cool and dynamic in a way that isn't trying to shove her butt into the focal point.

But anyway, I think it's a little unhealthy to be so resistant to change. It's fine to be disappointed by something by it's unhealthy to latch on to it all the time. A small change in character design should completely destroy your enjoyment of a character, especially when they still match the "power fantasy" she's supposed to.
Resistance to change is part and parcel of Autism unfortunately.

I LOVED that about her general presentation in 4. The way she was really ridiculously hot but the game never straight up flaunted it like Brawl did sometimes.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The point is, that render is way better quality than the crap we’ve been looking at today. If that quality is not seen in a render, it is fake. Because every render has a uniform shading, reflective style to it. I don’t know the real terms, but I know what I see. This Smash basically has an unmistakeable finger print built in.
Oh I agree 100%.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New Game: How do you want your most wanted's render to look?

I really want Dovahkiin to be shouting towards the camera. Sort of like this official art, but with the camera looking straight on, not from above.
I'd like to see Professor Layton do his signature point towards the camera.

The standing pose he takes would be similar to Steven's official art from ORAS:

I'm imagine Layton taking a similar pose to what Steven does here, but instead of just reaching out his hand like Steven does here, Layton's hand would be positioned as a point. I can also imagine Layton having a serious expression on his face, and perhaps he may be holding on to the brim of his hat with his left hand.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
That still remains one of my favorite arguments against the ESRB leak. Like, I get where they were coming from, but they're both human characters. I think they're allowed to have similar faces.
It annoys me because the exact same reasoning I used back then to explain why Shulk wasn't Little Mac was what I used last night to explain why Agnes was Palutena/Marth.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Isaac's sword is floating lol, look at the bottom.
You're looking at it the wrong way. That seems to actually be the tip with his right hand extending to the upper left and holding the sword downwards in front of him. You can see the hilt at the very top.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Come on, just look at the chorus kids right side, the arm is cut before reaching Agnes, just some pixels but there it is.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Isaac and Agnes look far too off model to me. Even if there is something weird in game the CSS models are usually pretty well done.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I think it's meant to be like he's holding it upside-down, like pointing downwards. Like, the bottom part is actually the tip of the sword.
Nope, that's incorrect. Notice how there is no tip on the sword if he was pointing it downwards

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
New Game: How do you want your most wanted's render to look?

I really want Dovahkiin to be shouting towards the camera. Sort of like this official art, but with the camera looking straight on, not from above.
As long as Tetra would be sporting her signature wink and the pose isn't an awkward one, I'd be all set.

Untouch

Smash Master
Skull Kid and Isabelle will destroy this leak, I wonder if that's why he hasn't posted them yet.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The talk of Chrom makes me think.

SSBUWebsiteChrom3.jpg

If someone had shown you this image from the official website before Chrom was confirmed, would you have believed it?

dezeray112

Smash Hero

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Resistance to change is part and parcel of Autism unfortunately.
I don't bring it up often but I'm actually on the autism spectrum myself, believe or not. Although I've been pretty good at adapting to change in the gaming world I freak out a bit if for some reason my every day routine at work gets interrupted, so I know the feeling. I also get a strong urge to drag whatever my current obsession at the time is into every conversation, but I know it'll annoy some people so I resist it and try to save it for when it'll be relevant.

I personally use my autism as an explanation for my behavior rather then an a justification. Rather then just accept my negative traits as a part of who I am I still try to work on them. Not that I'm trying to throw any accusations onto you, I just felt it was apt to share my perspective on this.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You understand that people would be picking apart the face and calling it fake because of that right? That seems to be one of the main things when it comes to dissecting image leaks. The face. Rest of the render could be good but if the face is off ohhhh boy it's gonna be picked apart.
It’s almost like we as a species are constantly looking at each other’s faces and it’s the main physics feature we use to distinguish people.

But yeah, we look at faces so much that we can just tell if a human face, real or not, looks “off.”

Uncanny valley and whatnot.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

View attachment 160661

If someone had shown you this image from the official website before Chrom was confirmed, would you have believed it?
Looking at the details on the armor? I would not simply dismiss it. The lighting is great. It is way better than the others today. Bar none. I was one of the guys who considered the chairs and I never gave today’s leak the time of day, which is majestically draped over Chrom’s body.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Are there any people who actually want the Chorus Kids in? I mean, i see a lot of people talking about Geno, Isaac or Shantae but never about the Chorus Kids.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 160661

I don't know if the quality of the image is what makes it a bit weird, but MAN, they really gotta brush up Chrom's model before December. I even see material going over material it shouldn't.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

View attachment 160661

Frankly, I still would have to be suspicious but probably would have given it more thought then the CSS leaks. Primarily because in game screenshots can be a little bit harder to fake and take quite a bit more work. The problem is CSS images are much easier to faslify simply because their a static picture against a color background.

I think its the same reason the Palutena fake remained a suspect of discussion for a long time during Smash 4 speculation:

1535657433680.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom