• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
So anyone here is gonna actually watch that Nindies direct in one more day?
Watching it definitely, but not expecting or even wanting anything Smash related(as much as I'd love a Shantae reveal, this isn't the place for it,) just to see the upcoming Nindies line up.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oh dang, when is it? If it's tomorrow I have to work. But if it's Tuesday or Wednesday I have them off
If you are on the east coast (in the US), it is Aug 28th at 12 pm.

The only news I could possibly foresee regarding Smash would possibly be a tease for the September direct. I severely doubt they'd even use a Nindies direct to announce even a character like Shantae, who would entirely steal the spotlight from the indie games that actually need it.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Imagine yourself wearing one "something" of each of your wishlist / predictions…
I need to wear a Majora's mask, an Isaac's scarf, a Geno's hat, a Banjo's backpack, Lloyd's swords, Sora's collar and Isabelle's…skirt… Ok I'm probably going to prision looking like that, lol
Chorus Kids’ bow tie, Geno’s hat over 9-Volt’s helmet, 18-Volt’s backpack with Bandana Dee’s spear sticking out of it, Incineroar’s belt, Phoenix Wright’s outfit (minus the tie), Spring Man’s mask, Funky’s shades, Skull Kid’s gloves, and Chibi-Robo’s plug (held by me). Oh yeah, can’t forget Eggman’s moustache.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
tbh the best we could get from this nindies direct is a confirmation date or a tease for the real Nintendo direct coming soon in september, considering they teased this nindies direct in the other nindies direct we had a few days ago by saying "soon".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't stand Goldschlager. It's fine, but the gold bits freak me out.
I love cinnamon drinks. And I also don't think you even notice the gold

I've never noticed the gold

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Man, I have been busy lately. I missed a ton of stuff, but this game looks fun. So, let's start here!

Super Smash Bros 64
Owned it: Yes
Series I'd played: :mario64::yoshi64::dk64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::link64:

Super Smash Bros Melee
Series I'd played: :mariomelee::yoshimelee::dkmelee::kirbymelee::foxmelee::pikachumelee::linkmelee::drmario::falconmelee::gawmelee:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Series I'd played: :mario2::yoshi2::dk2::kirby2::fox::pt::link2::falcon::gw::sonic::diddy:

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS)
Series I'd played: :4mario::4yoshi::4dk::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4link::4drmario::4falcon::4gaw::4sonic::4diddy::4cloud::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4megaman::4miif::4pacman::4ryu::4wiifit:

Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
Own it: Definitely will
Series I've played: :ultmario::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpokemontrainer::ultlink::ultdoc::ultfalcon::ultgnw::ultsonic::ultdiddy::ultcloud::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultryu::ultwiifittrainer:

Looks like I need to play some more Nintendo games again...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Man...
I know it'll never happen, but imagine at the end they reveal Travis Touchdown for Smash after they talk about No More Heroes.

We need the otaku assassin in Ultimate.
He definitely is an awesome, unique pick. Definitely would be a welcome 3rd party addition

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, which previously cut characters were you most excited to see return? For me, they would be Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Pichu!
Honestly, Young Link. I could give or take any of the rest. Glad to have Red, and now Leaf, back in the background though.
Characters I was worried would be cut but I'm glad got to stay due to Everyone is Here though..Cloud, Lucina, and Bayonetta.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, I've actually survived 21 years without a single drink. The truth is that I'm actually a snake and get all of my hydration from my prey.

Don't ask me how I'm typing this right now.
I actually spent my 21st birthday at Las Vegas as I lived close to it.

Only had one drink lol
That's actually where my older sister went on her 21st.

As for me though? I just bought Mario + Rabbids as a gift to myself because it was on sale and spent that day at work instead. Because I'm boring.

(Note - Usually when I say "my sister" in this thread I'm referring to my younger sister. I actually have two sisters.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My 21st birthday was at a beach with friends. It was actually just a coincidence we went on Spring vacation on my birthday though

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Meh, maybe I have to do that game again:

Smash 64
Own It: No
Played It: Yes
Series I've played: :mario64::dk64::yoshi64::pikachu64:

Melee
Own It: No
Series I've played: :mariomelee::dkmelee::yoshimelee::pikachumelee:

Brawl
Own It: Yes
Series I've played: :mario2::dk2::link2::yoshi2::fox::pikachu2::falcon::wario::sonic:

Smash 4
Own It: Yes
Series I've played: :4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4ness::4falcon::4marth::4pit::4wario::4sonic::4olimar::4megaman::4pacman::4shulk::4cloud:

Ultimate
Own It: I will
Played It: I will
Series I've played: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ultfalcon::ultmarth::ultpit::ultwario::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultsimon:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I was younger I put more effort into playing the series of the characters that got into Smash than I do now.

I still haven't played any of the series of characters I didn't know about that were added to Smash 4

Edit: Except Pikmin (Oh wait, was he added to Brawl? Yes he was! Which makes my original statement true)

Last edited:
When I was younger I put more effort into playing the series of the characters that got into Smash than I do now.

I still haven't played any of the series of characters I didn't know about that were added to Smash 4

Edit: Except Pikmin
I've rented Pikmin back in the days only to have that Olimar trophy in melee (it was required to have a Pikmin saved file on the gamecube memory card).

Turns out it's a pretty good game!

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Are we talking about when we first played Smash or whatnot? Okay.

Series I played then: :mario64::pikachu64:
Characters I'd never heard of: :fox64::samus64::falcon64::ness64:
Details: My brother broke his leg, so his friend decided to lend his N64, along with some games until he healed. Of course, Smash 64 was one of them. Got hooked on it immediately, and my favorite characters to play were :jigglypuff64: and :ness64: (despite not knowing who he was at the time).

Melee
Series I played then: :mariomelee::linkmelee::pikachumelee:
Characters I'd never heard of: :icsmelee::marthmelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
Details: I loved this game, and I still do. Everything was so much fun to do, and all of the characters were so much fun to use. Though I clearly remember spending most of my time looking at the trophies because I thought they were super neat. I was so obsessed with this game, that I deliberately deleted all of my data just to have fun unlocking everything again.

Brawl
Series I played then: :mario2::link2::pikachu2::sonic:
Characters I'd never heard of: :rob::olimar::ike::snake::pit::lucas:
Details: I actually recall playing this before Smash 64, because I distinctly remember :gw:'s Final Smash. But since my memory is a bit hazy and I would otherwise play the games in order, I'll list this one as third. I was pretty much just as obsessed with this game as I was with Melee. And, of course, I played Brawl religiously during Smash 4's hype train.

Smash 4
Series I played then: :4mario::4link::4pikachu::4sonic::4marth::4pacman:
Characters I'd never heard of: N/A
Details: I remember the hype train of Smash 4 very clearly. What a good time it was. I was also a huge brat during the entire thing. I remember the ESRB leak like it was yesterday. Smash 3DS took up all of my video game time for a good while. Eventually got Smash Wii U for a birthday present around the same time the Ballot started. Good times.

Ultimate
Series I played/Currently playing: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ultmarth::ultpit::ultsonic::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultshulk::ultsimon:
Characters I'd never heard of: N/A (And probably gonna stay that way; I think I'll recognize anyone else that gets in)
Details: Pretty good hype season so far. And at this point of time, I've finally broadened my horizons when it comes to games. As with most, it was thanks to Smash that I discovered and played games from multiple series. (Including selling my soul to Fire Emblem and discovering my favorite game of all time, Xenoblade Chronicles).

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Alrighty let's take a step back in th time machine and have a look at my experience with past Smash games then...

Super Smash Bros.
Series I had played: :mario64::dk64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::falcon64::ness64::yoshi64::samus64::link64:
Details: This one is kinda a bit of a cheat for me. I was 3 when it first came out and my current experience with video games at the time was running around in circles in Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. I didn't actually get a chance to play this game until this year when I actually managed to get my hands on a copy. I do like the experience of going back to the series' roots after all this time and I appreciate the game for what it is.

Meleeeeeeee!
Series I had played: :mariomelee::dkmelee::foxmelee::pikachumelee::yoshimelee::linkmelee:
Characters I had never heard of: :falconmelee::marthmelee::samusmelee::nessmelee::gawmelee::icsmelee::roymelee:
Details: I still remember when my Dad got this game for me. He came home from work with a GameCube and this. The first character I played as was Pikachu and I was blown away by the Adventure mode as that was the first thing I played. I have a lot of fond memories of Melee and while I neve got into it competitively it is fun to go back to every now and then.

Brawl:
Series I had played: :mario2::dk2::kirby2::fox::pikachu2::yoshi2::samus2::link2::sonic::olimar:
Characters I had never heard of: :snake::ike::lucas::pit:
Details: Brawl was an interesting game for me. I loved Subspace to death and played a ton of it with my brother, but I never really enjoyed the actual Smash Bros part of it. The cast was pretty good, but aside from that the game was kinda uneventful. I never engaged with Project M and still kinda dislike the fact it exists.

Sm4sh
Series I had played: :4mario::4dk::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::4yoshi::4samus::4link::4sonic::4olimar::4marth::4pit::4villager::4wiifit::4pacman::4megaman:
Characters I had neve heard of: :4shulk:(oh boy how that's changed):4bayonetta:
Details: This was the first Smash game that I was there to pick up the moment it released. I lined up outside a Target at 7am because I hadn't been able to get my hands on a special edition with a GameCube controller adaptor. It was well worth it and I got one of the three they had in stock. This is the Smash game that I have put the most time into at this point and one that I have probably enjoyed the most, with hundreds of hours spent playing with my brother and friends.

Not really going to touch on Ultimate here as it isn't actually released, but I will note that after Sm4sh I took a deep dive into Xenoblade and it is now my favourite Nintendo IP. Collectors editions, soundtracks, PFPs, you name it and it is probably Xenoblade. So kinda similar to you there @ReeseBalasaki

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had an experience with drinking once. I once took a sip from a beer because I thought it was ketchup because I really liked ketchup when I was 5. I didn't like it. Don't like it now. May not like it ever.

I had an experience with drinking once. I once took a sip from a beer because I thought it was ketchup because I really liked ketchup when I was 5. I didn't like it. Don't like it now. May not like it ever.
You use to drink ketchup? :troll:

Edit; And also... what kind of beer it was?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I took a sip of beer when I was that age too. I thought the same thing myself

Then I turned 21

I have a bottle of rum right next to me as I type this :yoshi:

Then I turned 21

Depends on the beer i guess. From what I've learned, there's more than lager (most commercial beers). Brewing beer is an art perfected since the dawn of civilisation, there's ton of diversity in taste and texture.

With some research, eveybody can find his/her Ultimate beer. (see the stretch i did here to stay on topic :p)

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman

Then I turned 21

I’ve been looking for a Smash drinking buddy for years. Let me know if you’ve got any rum lying around when Ultimate drops :D

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine yourself wearing one "something" of each of your wishlist / predictions…
I need to wear a Majora's mask, an Isaac's scarf, a Geno's hat, a Banjo's backpack, Lloyd's swords, Sora's collar and Isabelle's…skirt… Ok I'm probably going to prision looking like that, lol
Told you i'd draw it.
Noi-Incinabelleonokazoodee-Poi.png

In case anyone's wondering this outfit's comprised of-
Isabelle's dress.
Incineroar's arm fluff and flame belt.
Geno's hat.
Bandanna Dee's spear.
and Banjo's backpack, Kazooie included.
and yes, I would go to prison dressed like this. Especially for kidnapping Breegulls.
(it's a little big i'm sorry)

Last edited:
Told you i'd draw it.
View attachment 159997
Isabelle's dress.
Geno's hat.
Bandanna Dee's spear.
and yes, I would go to prison dressed like this. Especially for kidnapping Breegulls.

You should consider making it your new avatar ;)

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
So out of the RPGs on the SNES classic should I play Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 6 or Earthbound first? To get ready for a possible new SE rep or to get better acquainted with Ness.

Last edited:

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
So out of the RPGs on the SNES classic should I play Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 6 or Earthbound first? To get ready for a possible new SE rep or to get better acquainted with Ness.
Don't forget Chrono Trigger! Er...if its on there.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's not
Damn that's a shame, Chrono Trigger is one of the best. It's not too unforgiving like FF6 so it's good for starters. Got a damn good soundtrack too.

Re-played it recently, with the cutscenes by Toei animation/Akira Toriyama (the PS1 version). Soooooo epic:

Last edited:

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Unfortunately it's not
That is a deadly sin.

Damn that's a shame, Chrono Trigger is one of the best. It's not too unforgiving like FF6 so it's good for starters. Got a damn good soundtrack too.

Re-played it recently, with the cutscenes by Toei animation/Akira Toriyama (the PS1 version). Soooooo epic:

This brings back loads of memories. If you ever get the chance, the DS version had these cutscenes as well as a really cool new ending that bridged the gap between Trigger and Chrono Cross.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Told you i'd draw it.
View attachment 159997
Isabelle's dress.
Geno's hat.
Bandanna Dee's spear.
An intellectual fashion statement.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
If the direct does have anything indie related, I really hope it's Travis, anything else would feel like a letdown to me tbh.

I wouldn't mind quote, but he couldn't really be fleshed out easily and Nicalis have done a really good job of trying to make me dislike one of my favourite games recently.

EDIT: Before anyone jump on me I know the nindie direct won't have **** smash related, would like to see footage of spelunky 2 or news of a switch port of rivals of aether or something like that

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
If the direct does have anything indie related, I really hope it's Travis, anything else would feel like a letdown to me tbh.

I wouldn't mind quote, but he couldn't really be fleshed out easily and Nicalis have done a really good job of trying to make me dislike one of my favourite games recently.

EDIT: Before anyone jump on me I know the nindie direct won't have **** smash related, would like to see footage of spelunky 2 or news of a switch port of rivals of aether or something like that
Isn't it Travis Touchdown not Travis Letdown? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom