• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One sorta obscure Pokemon song I'd like in Smash is the remix of the main theme that plays in Black and White (and the sequels) when you get the Leader down to their last Pokemon

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
One sorta obscure Pokemon song I'd like in Smash is the remix of the main theme that plays in Black and White (and the sequels) when you get the Leader down to their last Pokemon

If we got any kind of Gym Theme, I'd love this added as an easter egg for the last stock or 1 minute left like they have with Suzaku Castle.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fjorm wasn't around in 2015, so I don't believe she'd make base roster..in fact, Heroes wasn't around at all in 2015, so none of them are very likely.
Unless they already existed that is...though their chances go down thanks to Chrom
If mobile game content is a thing then can we expect a remix of the Pokemon go overworld theme?

Or this...
Yes
>Not from Awakening/Fates
>Not from any generic map
>the ****ing mobile game
View attachment 159051

Not gonna lie it is a banger, but at the same time... they chose the mobile game.
And since it’s a Nintendo game, completely acceptable

D

Deleted member

Huh. The FEH remix doesn't sound bad per-say and I do like the original, however...this version kiiiinda sound like it's just a sped up version to me.

Not horrible, but it's probably my least favorite remix shown off so far. Oh well, here's to next Wednesday!

Noipoi

Howdy!

This should play on the last minute on Pokemon stages, like Moray Towers plays the last minute song from Splatoon.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Still waiting on the primal dialga track
I'd also ask for Treasure Town music but that's so catchy I'd probably stop fighting and just listen to the music.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My problem with Resident Evil characters is it would be very difficult to translate the style and gameplay of Resident Evil into a Smash fighter without making them seem like a generic gun/explosives user.

Even Snake has his iconic crawl and punch-punch-kick combo, a cardboard box taunt, and the controllable Nikita. What do you do in order to make a character like Leon feel like he's from Resident Evil instead of just some dude with weapons? Tank controls?
Personally, I feel strong about Sakurai finding a solution to making a Resident Evil character work, Leon Kennedy in particular. If Sakurai ever needed help on making Leon work, Hideki Kamiya, one of the creators of Leon Kennedy, would be absolutely willing to lend help with figuring out moves for Leon that stays true to his character. Kamiya previously let Sakurai modify Bayonetta when her moveset was created back in the Smash 4 DLC days.

It might be difficult to make it work, but I do not think would be very hard to create a non-gun/knife moveset and make him diverse from Snake. The distinct characteristics, abilities, and weapons he could provide would make the effort to building a Smash moveset for him worth it, making yet another diverse addition for the Smash roster.

That's because it is valid!! He even began to block people mentioning Smash to him lol.
Bruh, has this just started today?!?!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And since it’s a Nintendo game, completely acceptable
Do you think I'm braindead?

You had 15 games to choose from with plenty of amazing bangers and select pieces. You pick whats essentially the Poke Center theme of the series. And specifically the mobile game version. That's what boggles me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Personally, I'd rather have Leon Kennedy make it into Smash before any of the jewelry-covered ladies and lady-lookin' dudes y'all are talking about right now.
The irony in this post is......strong.

Leon Kennedy is such a pretty boy? I was always shocked even an undead person would look at him and want to eat and ruin such a pretty specimen.

He's straight up one of the original so pretty he's prettier than the girl lead leads in video gaming.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
My problem with Resident Evil characters is it would be very difficult to translate the style and gameplay of Resident Evil into a Smash fighter without making them seem like a generic gun/explosives user.

Even Snake has his iconic crawl and punch-punch-kick combo, a cardboard box taunt, and the controllable Nikita. What do you do in order to make a character like Leon feel like he's from Resident Evil instead of just some dude with weapons? Tank controls?
Leon has a fair amount of attacks to use. Just off the top of my head, he's got roundhouse kicks and suplex throws. He could also use his knife for tilts, pretty much the perfect angled f-tilt application if I'd even seen it. Though then again what's the policy on knives? I want to say Sakurai was against using them in the past, but I can't remember where I heard that. Sheik uses hers in her FS, so maybe that's not a big deal. He has a variety of grenades to differentiate him from Snake (namely flash grenades), and could possible use the grenade launcher with variable ammo types from the older games, too.

I didn't realize until all this Dante discussion how much I'd rather have Leon in Ultimate. RE4 was pretty important to Nintendo's history in the brief period it was a GCN exclusive, and RE2 was also on the N64 (the only one of the 5th gen games to be on a Nintendo console before they were ported to GCN). I don't mind Dante as a character, but he's kind of a combination of everything polarizing about certain characters in the Smash series. He has the potential to be Bayonetta with a sword without a substantial history on Nintendo consoles. Plus he's had his time to shine in the MvC games, which Leon never got to. Speaking of, I've seen enough Dante combos to put me in a coma, and was relieved to see Zero be deconfirmed as an AT.

Wambo

Smash Ace
On a different topic, it's amazing how much of an effect K.Rool's presence in Smash is having on the community. Not only did it breath new life into the character and renew interest in him, but we're getting amazing fan creations like this:

I think we're gonna be seeing K.Rool a lot more from now on, and I couldn't be happier about that.
Now only if Geno could get in next...

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice

You had 15 games to choose from with plenty of amazing bangers and select pieces. You pick whats essentially the Poke Center theme of the series. And specifically the mobile game version. That's what boggles me.
You gotta admit though, the remix is FIRE.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
What a terrible song choice, holy crap. The remix is nothing to brag about either. It's one thing to pick a song from the mobile game, but... surely they could've picked a song actually suited to fighting? And I say this as someone who's put way too much time and money into the FE series and Heroes already.

D

Deleted member

As someone who enjoy the Mystery Dungeon games more than the mainline Pokemon games, I would love anything from that series getting in Smash. The music especially is fantastic, so I would be happy with just about any song from those games!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh boy, I can't wait to see gacha mechanics and microtransactions incorporated into Ultimate! I can't wait for the pride and accomplishment I feel when I finally grind buy enough ingame currency to unlock Marth Vader!

I'm kidding, btw. I'm not pessimistic enough to expect microtransactions in a Smash game. And I'm also a huge hypocrite because I've actually spent a little money on Heroes.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
I don't now how I feel about Fire Emblems Hero's "Gear Up For" song being use in smash. It seems more like a speed up type of song for last standing or puzzle minigame etc.
I looked on YouTube and fe:h does have songs like "Grand Conquest" that would fit much better.

D

Deleted member

I've always called it "Last Stand". GF removing it was the worst mistake they ever made.

>Remembers that BW remakes will have it
>Possibility of other key battles getting their own Last Pokemon themes
ReasonsToLive.png

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice

I like that theme :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My biggest takeaways from this remix are:

1) Since Heroes is getting music, we may also get Loki's Theme and the Book II Paralogue Theme

And

2) It is now a serious war crime if Shadows of Valentia doesn't get at least six songs in Smash.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
In all honesty, if they were going to pick any FEH Heroes song, I would have preferred the songs that were introduced in the 2nd Book. The music that plays when fighting the soldiers of Sutr are super hype imo. I would have even taken the Tempest Trials and Voting Gauntlet themes over this because while I like the remix and the orginal and maybe there's more to it since we've only heard a very brief instance of it, it's essentially a sped up version of the original theme.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It's nice when some decisions are easy. For instance, an easy decision will be setting this song to 0 in My Music. Smash Ultimate helping us out both directly and indirectly at every step, right?

Wambo

Smash Ace
The irony in this post is......strong.

Leon Kennedy is such a pretty boy? I was always shocked even an undead person would look at him and want to eat and ruin such a pretty specimen.

He's straight up one of the original so pretty he's prettier than the girl lead leads in video gaming.
Leon at least looks like a normal human being and dresses like one, while still having an iconic design/personality that's not generic and fits well within the realm of video games.

Dante looks like a Final Fantasy OC.

He also has the most indecisive design I've ever seen before in my life.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean guys...

You may not like it but mobile games are a part of Nintendo's history too.

D

Deleted member

Music that should be in Smash but isn't for some reason: the entire HGSS soundtrack. Personal picks are Vs Lance, Vs Silver and
Seriously, Johto music is so ****ing good, not having it should be a crime

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Mobile songs in Smash? I guess we are going to get a Candy Crush theme next.
Please do not take this seriously.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Leon at least looks like a normal human being and dresses like one, while still having an iconic design/personality that's not generic and fits well within the realm of video games.

Dante looks like a Final Fantasy OC.
Bro/Bra I think Ryu would be the better option for FF OC :3 (And OC for other games as well)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean guys...

You may not like it but mobile games are a part of Nintendo's history too.
Especially a mobile game that's netted IS and Nintendo $400 million dollars in profit. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom