• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Some Gen 7 music would be awesome, but god do I need me some more Gen 5 remixes. All I want is the Elite 4 theme and you'll have successfully fulfilled all of my possible Pokemon wants.
Now that we have more than 2 music options for Unova League, I'm really hoping for the Elite Four theme and N's Battle Theme. Maybe throw some DEEEENNIS in there as well.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also, I feel like the whole "Cloud's series got its start on the NES so he's totally okay, but Dante isn't!" is sorta not seeing the forest for the trees.

Everything about Cloud and his series representation is based in Final Fantasy VII. Everything. A game that has never seen the light of day on a Nintendo console in any way, shape, or form. At that point it just becomes arbitrary semantics to be okay with Cloud's inclusion but not Dante's.
Also from the Direct when they're going over the music:
"Final Fantasy VII"
Not "Final Fantasy" but specifically the seventh entry.
No new FF music FeelsBadMan

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
smash ultimate looks like it will have combos for sure. hopefully those combos come from normals and not mostly grabs.
Yeah, the K. Rool vs Snake footage and looking at some other clips made me quite hopeful. Can't wait for more info on the game, especially that Spirit mode and online modes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I can't complain because we already have Ridley and K. Rool, but Dante is going to be one of those additions where I watch the reveal trailer and immediately crave another newcomer. I just don't care about him or his series enough to get hyped up by his inclusion.

Maybe if he got more support, I'd be a little more invested.

We're getting music tonight, right? Any hopes in mind?
Believe it or not, I really want to get something from Mario. I'm almost 100% positive a song from Odyssey got remixed, and I'm dying to find out what it is. Cascade Kingdom or Break Free would be fantastic.

Last edited:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I'm 100% confident that if we get another Capcom rep it'll be Dante. I would say Leon from Resident Evil but if the no gun rule is still a thing, which I'm not so sure about anymore, then he would just not be Leon.
Why only Dante from Devil May Cry? Is the franchise popular outside Japan? There are many Capcom IP which can be better like:

• Ace Attorney
  • Okami
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Bionic Commando
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Resident Evil
  • Darkstalkers
  • Lost Planet
  • Sengoku Basara
What Capcom IP is better to be in Smash Bros Ultimate? Explain why.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Final Fantasy VII"
How did I miss that? And more importantly, if the series is specifically referred to as "FINAL FANTASY VII," why is Cloud's icon not the meteor from the game's logo?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How did I miss that? And more importantly, if the series is specifically referred to as "FINAL FANTASY VII," why is Cloud's icon not the meteor from the game's logo?
Beats me.
It's specifically been using FFVII since the day he was revealed.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't complain because we already have Ridley and K. Rool, but Dante is going to be one of those additions where I watch the reveal trailer and immediately crave another newcomer. I just don't care about him or his series enough to get hyped up by his inclusion.

Believe it or not, I really want to get a new Mario remix. I'm almost 100% positive a song from Odyssey got remixed, and I'm dying to find out what it is. Cascade Kingdom or Break Free would be fantastic.
I agree with you about Dante. It really wouldn't excite me at all.

I also agree about a Mario Odyssey remix. a Cascade Kingdom remix needs to happen, though I feel like you could put in Break Free as is and I wouldn't mind.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Why only Dante from Devil May Cry? Is the franchise popular outside Japan? There are many Capcom IP which can be better like:

• Ace Attorney
  • Okami
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Bionic Commando
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Resident Evil
  • Darkstalkers
  • Lost Planet
  • Sengoku Basara
I agree. On the other hand i want to see Phoenix in Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That's because it is valid!! He even began to block people mentioning Smash to him lol.
He's always done that.
In fact, he blocks pretty much everyone he remotely dislikes or talks about things that don't concern him.

And, while Kamiya is the creator of Dante, he is not associated with him past the first game and has no input past that first game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

"Final Fantasy VII"
No new FF music FeelsBadMan

Just like Smash 4 and Ultimate's website.

Give us FFIV Boss Theme as Mario music, it's in SMRPG

LetterO

Smash Lord

• Ace Attorney
  • Okami
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Bionic Commando
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Resident Evil
  • Darkstalkers
  • Lost Planet
  • Sengoku Basara
Ace Attorney. Not only has the franchise had all of their entries be on Nintendo systems specifically, but Phoenix himself would be a unique fighter, and is no stranger to fighting games (UMvC3). Also the idea of the franchise's great music being remixed into Ultimate sounds great.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay. So fill in a ditzy ADHD moron in?

What else happened to give the Dante leak more validity?

Last edited:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Really would prefer Nintendo Characters that we have been waiting to get in it are over third parties. There are still quite a bit more characters they could put in, and I would hate to see third parties get in over some of the characters that have been on the sidelines waiting to play. Isaac, Skull Kid, Geno, (Ridley and K Rool got in thankfully!)

Just my opinion.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That's actually an interesting point.

Almost every third party character has some kind of association with Nintendo.

:ultmegaman::ultsimon: - Series started on the NES and so are strongly associated with it
:ultsnake: - Had releases on the NES and Game Boy (later the 3DS as well)
:ultsonic: - Infamous rivalry with Nintendo in the Early 90s, now has pretty much half of all releases on Nintendo consoles
:ultbayonetta: - Now Nintendo Exclusive, and will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future.
:ultcloud: - Series started on the NES, but later broke away. The "break-up" is infamous in Gaming. Also pretty much the most popular character in his series.
The exceptions are:
:ultpacman: - A Gaming Icon in general. Had a hand in jumpstarting the gaming industry along with :ultdk:.
:ultrichter: - Part of the Castlevania series, one of the most popular main characters from his series
Don't forget :ultcloud: also appeared on GBA and 3DS in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and the two Theatrhythm game's.
:ultrichter: also had Dracula X on the Super Nintendo which was an inferior retelling of Rondo of Blood.
I still don't like the fact that Dante has zero connection to Nintendo at all.
Well, Dante did appear in Project x Zone 1 & 2 both on the 3DS..in fact, the second game actually had him meet Chrom, Lucina, and Fiora, who's Shulk's friend.
This makes him one of the only 3rd Party characters to interact with a Nintendo character featured in Smash, along with Ryu, who was also in Project x Zone 2 and thus also met Chrom & Lucina, and Sonic, thanks to the Mario & Sonic series letting him meet every featured Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario character. Bayonetta could also count if you count her having Bowser's limbs appear in attacks when in her Peach & Daisy costumes as interacting.

I'm still really hoping they announce ports of DMC HD Collection and DMC4 Special Edition for Switch..Capcom said some series never before on Nintendo systems would be coming and DMC is probably the biggest one they have that hasn't yet been on Nintendo.
Really would prefer Nintendo Characters that we have been waiting to get in it are over third parties. There are still quite a bit more characters they could put in, and I would hate to see third parties get in over some of the characters that have been on the sidelines waiting to play. Isaac, Skull Kid, Geno, (Ridley and K Rool got in thankfully!)

Just my opinion.
Geno may be a Mario character, but he's 3rd Party.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

• Ace Attorney
  • Okami
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Bionic Commando
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Resident Evil
  • Darkstalkers
  • Lost Planet
  • Sengoku Basara
Agreed, the first thing that comes to my mind when thinking "another capcom IP" is Okami, hell I even think Okami makes more sense to be the next capcom character in smash… but that's just me i guess…

P.Kat

Smash Champion
He also created the Resident Evil character Leon Kennedy too.

;)
And Amaterasu ;)

Hah! Nice.

Real talk, if Shadow is in, I hope Shadow the Hedgehog gets some tunes.

Though on the topic of Sonic music, it's a crime this beast of a villain theme isn't in Smash

All Hail Shadow by Magna-Fi is one my favorite Shadow songs. You my friend have good taste and Sky Troops Is cool too.

Unpopular opinion, although I enjoy Eggman's theme I want his remix version as well too.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

Believe it or not, I really want to get something from Mario. I'm almost 100% positive a song from Odyssey got remixed, and I'm dying to find out what it is. Cascade Kingdom or Break Free would be fantastic.
I want Honeylune Ridge Caves mixed with Break Free personally.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Don't forget :ultcloud: also appeared on GBA and 3DS in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and the two Theatrhythm games. :ultrichter: also had Dracula X on the Super Nintendo which was an inferior retelling of Rondo of Blood.

Well, Dante did appear in Project x Zone 1 & 2 both on the 3DS..in fact, the second game actually had him meet Chrom, Lucina, and Fiora, who's Shulk's friend.
This makes him one of the only 3rd Party characters to interact with a Nintendo character featured in Smash, along with Ryu, who was also in Project x Zone 2 and thus also met Chrom & Lucina, and Sonic, thanks to the Mario & Sonic series letting him meet every featured Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario character. Bayonetta could also count if you count her having Bowser's limbs appear in attacks when in her Peach & Daisy costumes as interacting.

Geno may be a Mario character, but he's 3rd Party.
Cloud was also in KH Re:Coded for the DS.

Rondo of Blood also made it onto the Wii's VC.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
? Its the same poster who leaked the DMC V trailer.
The Smash "leak" was a later post in the 4chan thread where the DMC information was leaked. 4chan posts are completely anonymous unless the poster uses a tripcode, which the DMC leaker did not. Meaning the only thing "proving" the person that posted the Smash "leak" is the same person is that they said they were. It is also incredibly common in 4chan leaks for random people to take to the comments tacking new information on to the leak while claiming to be the original leaker.

In other words, the Smash "leak" cannot ride on the credibility of the DMC leaker because the only proof that the Smash leaker is the DMC leaker is that they say they are.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
The Smash "leak" was a later post in the 4chan thread where the DMC information was leaked. 4chan posts are completely anonymous unless the poster uses a tripcode, which the DMC leaker did not. Meaning the only thing "proving" the person that posted the Smash "leak" is the same person is that they said they were. It is also incredibly common in 4chan leaks for random people to take to the comments tacking new information on to the leak while claiming to be the original leaker.

In other words, the Smash "leak" cannot ride on the credibility of the DMC leaker because the only proof that the Smash leaker is the DMC leaker is that they say they are.
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon already mentioned why its unlikely for that to be the case.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Nothing.
And honestly, I think you're all fools for believing this in the first place.
I wholeheartedly agree. Knowing stuff about the development on Devil May Cry 5 is one thing, but having insider knowledge on an entire reveal trailer for Smash is different. I doubt they'd ever pass something as big as a reveal trailer around to the figure heads of the third party company so they can get a first look.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Perfect music to go alongside the CYL Celica I just pulled.

This was like the only good original song in Heroes imo though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At this rate I'm actually going to be very surprised if there's no Ace Attorney content in Ultimate at all.

I doubt it'll see a newcomer, but I'm all but expecting to see something from it be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom