• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be fair, not everything can be solved by not playing with the character. No one has a choice in not fighting against Bayo or Cloud. If that's who you get matched with, that's who you have to fight, regardless of how much you might hate them.

In a way, Squirtle and Ivysaur were new content rather than old. Would you say your reaction would be the same if they were never cut in Smash 4?
You won’t have to play against Bayo if you never go online.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know what’s really fun? Not ******** about characters added in Smash. If you don’t like them, don’t play them. They’re not added for you anyways.

You'd have to play certain characters to get certain unlockables

And if you're forced to fight characters you don't like (Classic, All-Stars, etc) then you're gonna have to suck it up and take them down just like everyone else.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I know but it always catches me off guard when they use "la" instead of "el" for consoles and it's kinda jarring.
That's probably because "videoconsole" is femenin in spanish, we always refer to every console in femenin. Latin american do refer to them in masculine though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In a way, Squirtle and Ivysaur were new content rather than old. Would you say your reaction would be the same if they were never cut in Smash 4?
Well no, my reaction wouldn't be the same at all. It would have been more of a feeling of relief than excitement. But that doesn't change the fact that I would have rather never even had them cut from Smash 4 in the first place.

Edit: I'll use Mewtwo as an example. I was super relieved when I saw him show up in the "Everyone is Here" trailer even despite the fact that I had a really hard time seeing him get cut again.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

I want to get flung around, and get some sweet techs inbetween. No one will change my mind when it comes to that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I like this game I saw people on /v/ playing. Basically cross or mark the characters of which games you have actually played. I will include both template and mine.
View attachment 158220 ----------View attachment 158221
Here is my list.
KMDPHasPlayed.png

Disclaimers:
I didn't tick Yoshi because I haven't played any Yoshi's Island games. I have played Super Mario World (and Galaxy 2).​
The most I've played of Earthbound is what you can play in the Masterpieces in Brawl, I didn't consider that enough to justify ticking Ness (same for Captain Falcon).​
...I forgot I had played Star Fox Adventures. Still, it's barely a Star Fox game. :laugh:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To be honest, I only care about "Everyone is Here" insofar as it pertains to 2 or 3 characters I personally wanted back.

Otherwise, the vast majority of the niche veterans with similar playstyles don't interest me and had I the option of simply not including them instead of using resources on continually bringing them back and updating them in exchange for more newcomers or newcomers and veterans that were represented accurately, I'd definitely take it.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I do believe some cuts are made for a reason and, some things are not worth bringing back, and some things are worth changing completely, yes, even at the cost of displeasing some niche fanbases.

Plus, it just feels bad for me knowing when a chatacter I love is relegated to a copy of an unrelated character because it was "easy to do at the time" and that they'll remain that way for the duration of their tenure "as to not alienate the fans."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is an definitely true. My first FE game was Radiant Dawn which I am given to understand was also an extremely polarizing entree. The Fire Emblem community is definitely a difficult one to please more often then not.

Chrom basically comes down to a Marth-type character for the latest generation of Fire Emblem games just as many view Lyn from the GBA games. None of the three are particular complex or interesting but it mostly just a catalyst for the story and the other characters to rally around. Marth isn't really that interesting or complex of a character either when you get down to his core motivations.

This is pretty much the core of everything, what is iconic and meaningful differs generally from one person to the others, which is why almost everyone can post an entire different roster if they were the ones making the decisions. There are always characters that people can't know or care enough to know as most people do not have the time to play every game that Nintendo puts out.

For example, I do not understand Waluigi appeal outside of the memes surrounding him. It's understandable though, I've very rarely played any of the sport spin off games he's featured in, Mario Party games, and never really had much interest in him in things like Mario Kart. I'm also aware though that's a issue with me specifically and not of the character's actual importance to anyone else. Doing that at least keeps me from ragging on things I don't understand.
I mean personally I'd argue both Chrom and Marth are very well written characters, but I think I'd be here all day typing out the massive wall of text. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm going to be honest here folks. At least, honest as I see it with this time around for Smash.

What is "deserving" is entirely subjective. To me, saying a given character or series is "deserving" is frankly nonsense. Why is it nonsense? It's nonsense because a series or fictional character cannot be the deserving party. They didn't do any of the legwork to get their popularity. They are not sentient beings. The game developers do that. Fictional characters, like the ones we love so much, are quite literally incapable of deserving something like a playable role on the roster in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Saying a character is deserving is similar to the way fans use the "r" word when it comes to characters. I refuse to state it currently. :awesome:

In addition, surely you've heard this before but even as social media grows, Smash forums and speculation groups are still smaller parts of a wider echo chamber. Remember how Mimikyu and Ashley were considered among, "the most likely" characters to be playable in this here Smash game? These two characters were everywhere on 4chan, Smashboards, GameFAQS, etc..

Here's the deal. I've specifically asked a number of friends of mine, friends who are savvy with Nintendo games throughout the years and/or are big fans of Smash. I wanted to know who they want besides the meme pick of Goku.

You want to know two particular characters that they asked, "who", or "what are they from"? Mimikyu and Ashley were those two particular characters. it wouldn't surprise me if, unfortunately for some of us, our most popular choices met the same fate in between now and December.

Now, this is absolutely anecdotal evidence. It doesn't prove that Ashley and Mimikyu were "literal who" characters. They aren't really. But they were absolutely not the "most popular" or "most recognizable" among all fanbases. Based on what we've gotten so far, the Ballot inarguably has an impact on this game. We've already seen it with Chrom, Dark Samus, Ridley, and K.Rool.

Characters like Banjo and Isaac, despite being older and effectively missing at this point, are in an interesting scenario in which interest in them has been kept alive by their fans. Geno and Skull Kid could probably be lumped in there as well. These are 4 characters whose fans have supported them. They'd all be wonderful choices given the gameplay or play styles they could have. This is probably the first time in a long time that characters like Geno, Banjo, or even Isaac have an actual chance of getting in the game.

if we always based Smash on which characters were "most important" or "most deserving" it would be just...bad. Speculation, if you haven't noticed, is hella boring when all it is is, "Your character doesn't deserve a playable spot like mine does!" or, "Your favorite series doesn't matter as much!"

All I'm saying is, we've all been wrong about a lot of things. I was wrong about a few things. I was right that we'd get the whole Wii U Roster back, and while I did not outright state it, I heavily doubted Ashley and Mimikyu as playable fighters. I'm not trying to grandstand. What I'm trying to say is to think outside of the box, and realize that it's ok to not have all the answers.

Hell, I'm probably going to be wrong about Geno based on what I said initially. Although, I HAVE always liked the character...just never thought he was likely.

Lastly, I think it's absolutely getting ahead of ourselves or misunderstanding clones/Echo Fighters if we hate them. They are only considered and added BECAUSE of their ease of creation. You don't have to like them. But at the very least, understand how they're conceived and created.

It basically goes like this:
A) Add this character people really like and have asked for but they're similar to another fighter
or
B) Don't add the character at all.

It's quite simple.
1) You'll all be better off if you consider Pokeball Pokemon, Assist Trophies, and Stage Elements disconfirmed as playable characters. I ask again, why would this team, while putting a crap ton of effort into the playable roster, literally waste time by adding two characters to two different roles when they could do it once for either and move onto the next thing? It doesn't make any sense to plan the game out that way when the purpose is to cram in as much content as possible.

2) Roster "slots" aren't a thing. Good day!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean personally I'd argue both Chrom and Marth are very well written characters, but I think I'd be here all day typing out the massive wall of text. :p
Ok...but we all know who the best well written Awakening character is...:ultlucina: followed by :ultrobin

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I feel like "a lot" is a stretch. Ice Climbers, maybe. But Duck Hunt, Sheik, Shulk, Robin? Nah, cutting them sounds like an awful idea. How can you possibly celebrate Nintendo by arbitrarily removing pieces of their history?
More like Pichu, Jigglypuff, Roy.

But look, I don't have a problem with any character. And I'm happy when someone new gets a chance to be in Smash. But I also feel like the more you prioritize the old, the harder it is for newcomers to make the cut. I don't want cuts because I dislike the character or because I think they don't "deserve" to be there. I just want as many Nintendo characters as possible to get a chance in the spotlight.

Look at my avatar. That character Barbara has no chance in hell. I would go crazy with joy if she by some miracle made it into Smash. But at the same time I'd be perfectly okay with her getting cut in the next game if it meant that someone else's favorite character could get in. Just the fact that Barbara made it into even one game is good enough for me.

I'm strange like that but my love for Nintendo characters is so strong that I just want everyone to get a turn in the spotlight. But that means some people who had their turn have to leave.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

I was a kid when Brawl came out so I missed the whole speculation period for that time, but it must of have been a wild and chaotic time when it came to speculation. There were no real patterns to go off of, must of been a free-for-all.

Is anybody here a veteran of the brawl speculation era? Can y’all share your experience with how the smash speculation community was back then or just an overview of how things went down?

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
I'm doing a Smash Bros. Ultimate character poll and we currently have around 1k responses. Is it alright if I post it here?

Iridium

Smash Hero
To be honest, I only care about "Everyone is Here" insofar as it pertains to 2 or 3 characters I personally wanted back.

Otherwise, the vast majority of the niche veterans with similar playstyles don't interest me and had I the option of simply not including them instead of using resources on continually bringing them back and updating them in exchange for more newcomers or newcomers and veterans that were represented accurately, I'd definitely take it.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I do believe some cuts are made for a reason and, some things are not worth bringing back, and some things are worth changing completely, yes, even at the cost of displeasing some niche fanbases.

Plus, it just feels bad for me knowing when a chatacter I love is relegated to a copy of an unrelated character because it was "easy to do at the time" and that they'll remain that way for the duration of their tenure "as to not alienate the fans."
Oh, I agree. And Pichu would definitely be one of the first to go when cuts happen.

At some point, when we get characters that can't bring anything very interesting to the table, then removing them just works. Young Link, as much as I love him, may not come back after this.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you think that if Ice Climbers were never in Smash that people would be requesting for them today?
Maybe yes... they might request Ice Climbers as a new "NES rep" because Ice Climber was included in NES Classic Edition. Then again, Mike Jones isn't heavily requested and his game Star Tropics was included in NES Classic Edition.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok...but we all know who the best well written Awakening character is...:ultlucina: followed by :ultrobin
Honestly I wouldn't say Robin is near the best written character in Awakening at all. I'd say he's the best written of the series' avatar characters, but when your competition consists of Kris, Corrin, and the complete non-entity Mark, it's not saying much.

Robin was decidedly average, and as much as I love Awakening, Robin is responsible for a lot of the criticisms I have about its third act.

Though I'll leave it there so it doesn't get too off-topic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, I agree. And Pichu would definitely be one of the first to go when cuts happen.

At some point, when we get characters that can't bring anything very interesting to the table, then removing them just works. Young Link, as much as I love him, may not come back after this.
I'm expecting Dr. Mario to skip out a game again (which I'd be fine with, if it increases Pauline and Cpt. Toad's chances of appearing).

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I looked in the Character Threads of Smashboards' Brawl forum.

"Skull kid in BRawl" - 7 Replies
"Skull kid discussion" - 3 Replies
"The Official Skull Kid Thread" - 4 Replies
"Skull Kid for Brawl" - 7 Replies
"OFFICIAL* Skull Kid in Brawl supporters thread" - 12 Replies
"The Official Skull Kid for Brawl Thread!!" - 9 Replies
"Skull Kid for 'Brawl" - 2 Replies
"Skull Kid for Brawl" - 1 Reply
"Brawl Picks #3: Vaati vs Skull Kid" - 142 Replies
"How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?" - 1110 Replies
I feel like this with the wouldn't it be cool thread being way more popular is a pretty great illustrator of "support" vs. "want" in Smash fandom.

Character support is tied up in bunch of stuff like perceived viability, strength in number mentality in terms of getting a character in via fan demand, trying to minimize disappointment and a low key stigma against supporting "poor character choices". It's affected a lot by stuff like memes, rumors (just look at how the Pokémon discourse has shifted from Decidueye to Incineroar since Veg said Decidueye ain't in), and stuff like how well their core fanbase is organized and advertises and having a charismatic and involved head (look at what BKuppa has done for K. Rool or on a smaller scale what Zenith has done for Boshi). It's all very very political. This of course came to a head during the Samsh ballot where some people talked about voting for their favorite characters and other people actively tried to pressure them not to because it was a "wasted vote". The whole thing is also basically designed to snowball and overcentralize, forcing all focus on a tiny amount of known supported characters to the point that now that we've gotten like two of them people are having trouble thinking of remaining character that've had noteworthy support.

Almost no one was going to Support Skull Kid in Brawl because he wasn't seen as a viable option. But there were a lot of people who would've loved to see have in, maybe even more than other characters they did support (because they thought they could get in). It's a very different beast, but I think a lot people think of "support" and "want" interchangeably which quickly becomes a mess. When a character suddenly has a viability shift for whatever reason yes you are absolutely going to get hangers on who don't really care about the character getting in because they're now a "safe bet", which is what people tend to associate all new support with ("people only want Skull kid because he was in such and such leak") but you also get a lot of people who always cared about the character and just didn't think it was o.k. to support them before and the two are mostly impossible to distinguish on any statistically relevant scale. Ironically the reverse assumption is often made with established supported characters, with people assuming their support must've always been due to passion and dismissing possibilities of pragmatism and bandwaggoning. So when people are like well how much support did they really have before I'm like well that's not terribly helpful to know anyways.

I don't really know where I'm going with this just some thoughts.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Maybe yes... they might request Ice Climbers as a new "NES rep" because Ice Climber was included in NES Classic Edition. Then again, Mike Jones isn't heavily requested and his game Star Tropics was included in NES Classic Edition.
Oh I know that litterally any Nintendo character has people who want them in Smash. Once again I point to my avatar.

But what I meant was the amount of people who love Ice Climbers now because of Smash vs the amount of people who would love them if they were never in Smash. The numbers would be unbelievably different.

That's the main reason why I want more obscure characters to get a chance in Smash. This game has the power to turn characters that people would normally never like into super stars.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's another reason why I want more obscure characters to get a chance in Smash. This game has the power to turn characters that people would normally never like into super stars.
Oh, I know. I'm the OG Duck Hunt Dog supporter. :awesome:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'll clarify one point, though I do say there isn't a whole lot to their motivation that doesn't mean I think they're bad characters or even badly written characters. It just means their reasons for action is extremely easy to understanding and doesn't much of a character study to understand. Generally, the problem with these characters is if they aren't balanced properly within the context of the story. Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is a good example of where this kind of went badly and kind of made Marth looking more basic then he was probably intended to be.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'd argue that Lucina and Robin had better character development and story comparing to Chrom.

But then again, I'd love to discuss this topic in PM so it wouldn't go off topic here.

I'm assuming they're using the old version again.
LMAO Chunky shall return as an Assist Trophy just to troll everyone

I was a kid when Brawl came out so I missed the whole speculation period for that time, but it must of have been a wild and chaotic time when it came to speculation. There were no real patterns to go off of, must of been a free-for-all.

Is anybody here a veteran of the brawl speculation era? Can y’all share your experience with how the smash speculation community was back then or just an overview of how things went down?
A basic summary: there was a LOT more wars going on during that time. I've seen countless discussion about whether this person shall make the roster, or if that person would. Threads got locked during the time with how hot the flame wars were

But there were some good times especially everyone staying up so late to know who is the next person revealed, new updates, and the boards crashed for awhile when Sonic was revealed

It didn't help that there were discussions on who were going to be the third party to join after Snake. Sonic was obvious, but there was some such as Megaman, Geno, and even Tails being discussed.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This is pretty much the core of everything, what is iconic and meaningful differs generally from one person to the others, which is why almost everyone can post an entire different roster if they were the ones making the decisions. There are always characters that people can't know or care enough to know as most people do not have the time to play every game that Nintendo puts out.

For example, I do not understand Waluigi appeal outside of the memes surrounding him. It's understandable though, I've very rarely played any of the sport spin off games he's featured in, Mario Party games, and never really had much interest in him in things like Mario Kart. I'm also aware though that's a issue with me specifically and not of the character's actual importance to anyone else. Doing that at least keeps me from ragging on things I don't understand.
Example: I have played Majora's Mask, but I only played it in 2016; so I don't have nearly the nostalgia that Skull Kid's fans have. He's just a one-off villain to me, nothing important compared to Ganondorf or Vaati, who I do have Nostalgia for.

This isn't to say I don't think it'd be cool if he got in, however. I just have a differing preference for Zelda characters.
I'm going to be honest here folks. At least, honest as I see it with this time around for Smash.

What is "deserving" is entirely subjective. To me, saying a given character or series is "deserving" is frankly nonsense. Why is it nonsense? It's nonsense because a series or fictional character cannot be the deserving party. They didn't do any of the legwork to get their popularity. They are not sentient beings. The game developers do that. Fictional characters, like the ones we love so much, are quite literally incapable of deserving something like a playable role on the roster in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Saying a character is deserving is similar to the way fans use the "r" word when it comes to characters. I refuse to state it currently. :awesome:

In addition, surely you've heard this before but even as social media grows, Smash forums and speculation groups are still smaller parts of a wider echo chamber. Remember how Mimikyu and Ashley were considered among, "the most likely" characters to be playable in this here Smash game? These two characters were everywhere on 4chan, Smashboards, GameFAQS, etc..

Here's the deal. I've specifically asked a number of friends of mine, friends who are savvy with Nintendo games throughout the years and/or are big fans of Smash. I wanted to know who they want besides the meme pick of Goku.

You want to know two particular characters that they asked, "who", or "what are they from"? Mimikyu and Ashley were those two particular characters. it wouldn't surprise me if, unfortunately for some of us, our most popular choices met the same fate in between now and December.

Now, this is absolutely anecdotal evidence. It doesn't prove that Ashley and Mimikyu were "literal who" characters. They aren't really. But they were absolutely not the "most popular" or "most recognizable" among all fanbases. Based on what we've gotten so far, the Ballot inarguably has an impact on this game. We've already seen it with Chrom, Dark Samus, Ridley, and K.Rool.

Characters like Banjo and Isaac, despite being older and effectively missing at this point, are in an interesting scenario in which interest in them has been kept alive by their fans. Geno and Skull Kid could probably be lumped in there as well. These are 4 characters whose fans have supported them. They'd all be wonderful choices given the gameplay or play styles they could have. This is probably the first time in a long time that characters like Geno, Banjo, or even Isaac have an actual chance of getting in the game.

if we always based Smash on which characters were "most important" or "most deserving" it would be just...bad. Speculation, if you haven't noticed, is hella boring when all it is is, "Your character doesn't deserve a playable spot like mine does!" or, "Your favorite series doesn't matter as much!"

All I'm saying is, we've all been wrong about a lot of things. I was wrong about a few things. I was right that we'd get the whole Wii U Roster back, and while I did not outright state it, I heavily doubted Ashley and Mimikyu as playable fighters. I'm not trying to grandstand. What I'm trying to say is to think outside of the box, and realize that it's ok to not have all the answers.

Hell, I'm probably going to be wrong about Geno based on what I said initially. Although, I HAVE always liked the character...just never thought he was likely.

Lastly, I think it's absolutely getting ahead of ourselves or misunderstanding clones/Echo Fighters if we hate them. They are only considered and added BECAUSE of their ease of creation. You don't have to like them. But at the very least, understand how they're conceived and created.

It basically goes like this:
A) Add this character people really like and have asked for but they're similar to another fighter
or
B) Don't add the character at all.

It's quite simple.
1) You'll all be better off if you consider Pokeball Pokemon, Assist Trophies, and Stage Elements disconfirmed as playable characters. I ask again, why would this team, while putting a crap ton of effort into the playable roster, literally waste time by adding two characters to two different roles when they could do it once for either and move onto the next thing? It doesn't make any sense to plan the game out that way when the purpose is to cram in as much content as possible.

2) Roster "slots" aren't a thing. Good day!
This is a very good post. Thumbs up.
---
Now, for anyone who has doubts about Isaac's moveset potential, XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX found this on Reddit and posted it in the Isaac support thread.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
All I'm going to say when it comes to characters and speculation is, no matter if the character who you're advocating/pushing for doesn't get in as playable, you're still a Smash fan to begin with. There is at least a reason why you're playing this series to begin with, so at the very least, enjoy that facet with this next iteration.
Oh I know that litterally any Nintendo character has people who want them in Smash. Once again I point to my avatar.

But what I meant was the amount of people who love Ice Climbers now because of Smash vs the amount of people who would love them if they were never in Smash. The numbers would be unbelievably different.

That's the main reason why I want more obscure characters to get a chance in Smash. This game has the power to turn characters that people would normally never like into super stars.
I also highly agree with this. Smash introduces characters or franchises to people in which they adore their series or game(s), or love them as a staple of Smash Bros. Like one of the characters I would love to see, would possibly do the same for fans of Smash itself so I'd love to see them make it in.
Part of me is insanely happy that Sakurai and his team are working on bringing requested characters from the ballot, but also I wish to see some choices that I, or other people, would never have thought of as a potential candidate and appreciating their spot in the series.
Smash has this undeniable influence on series, and because of that I became fans of some that I never even knew about before hand. That's honestly my favorite thing about this series in general.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
That's one reason I love Smash is that, for the most part, all the fighters do come back. I don't want to have to change games/deal with outdated gameplay to use every character. I haven't touched Melee or Brawl in years, and once Ultimate comes out, I'll never look back at 4. I'm pumped that every character will be in the game.

That being said, I do agree niche Nintendo characters should get a shot. I'm also of the mind that I don't care how big the roster gets, so I'm fine with the iterative roster system.

Honestly, the next game could be Smash Ultimate ++ and just add more characters and stages and I'd be happy. Not sure why we're worrying about future games that are probably at least a decade away...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So uhh… which day of gamescom specifically can we expect something? Altho i know we might not get anything at all as well.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Also worth mentioning that Brawl speculation was pretty split between Smashboards and Brawl Central, and a somewhat even split at that. Unfortunately Brawl Central is long gone, so for research purposes we can't really get the full image of character support from back then, we have to rely on our hazy and nostalgic memory.
when i fisrt started speculating smash stuff i did nothing but brawl central for over a year before i decided to make a smash boards account. my user name there was "little mac" i really wish i could see those posts and stuff, oh well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Now I have a question for you. How much do you like Alolan Meowth?
Honestly, Alolan Meowth should have gotten in as Meowth's Echo Fighter had Meowth gotten in Smash 20 years ago!

20 years later and I am still fighting for Meowth's rightful place in the Nintendo Pantheon... or at least have Meowth be Sakurai's top cat.

Meowth and Sakurai.png

I know it's 19 years but let's not be nitpicky here.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Now, for anyone who has doubts about Isaac's moveset potential, XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX found this on Reddit and posted it in the Isaac support thread.
I honestly don't care if he's a playable character in the game. i just want him IN THE GAME.

Most smash fans wouldn't understand this, but having your favorite character who is an assist trophy suddenly be cut REALLY sucks.

Custom Robo fans and Golden Sun fans got REALLY burnt with 4. There was worse representation this time around, and it kinda made it feel like Golden Sun was going to be forgotten by Nintendo. Which sucks. Because i believe Smash is a celebration of Nintendo and it's history.

Even if he gets an assist trophy, that's certainly better than being forgotten.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
when i fisrt started speculating smash stuff i did nothing but brawl central for over a year before i decided to make a smash boards account. my user name there was "little mac" i really wish i could see those posts and stuff, oh well.
I on the other hand am very grateful I can't go back and find my old posts, being in my very early teens back then I remember my reaction to Ridley not being in as... less than graceful, so to say.

Last edited:

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
Well no, my reaction wouldn't be the same at all. It would have been more of a feeling of relief than excitement. But that doesn't change the fact that I would have rather never even had them cut from Smash 4 in the first place.

Edit: I'll use Mewtwo as an example. I was super relieved when I saw him show up in the "Everyone is Here" trailer even despite the fact that I had a really hard time seeing him get cut again.
I don't think I'll ever understand why mewtwo got the shaft so hard in the smash Bros series. I guess he was originally planned for brawl but had to be cut, but what possible explanation could they have for him not to be in the base roster in 4?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Since Gamescom commences on August 21st-25th, I pretty much expect them to show new gameplay footage for Smash Ultimate on one of those dates.
Wonder how many characters will be featured that we didn't see from the E-3 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom