• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Plus it'd make sense considering how hard IS pushes Black Knight in Heroes. Plus, Mii Costume.

I still don't believe this leak due to the account being sketchy, but Black Knight would honestly be a pretty great choice, even speaking as someone who would prefer Hardin as a Fire Emblem villain. :p
I think they push the Black Knight, in spite of pushing the Marth and post-Radiance games more otherwise, as he has a lot going for him.

A. Cool design
B. Has a layer back story but is also easy to get across in trailers and promo material (killed Ike's Father, Ike wants to take him down) whereas most FE villains requite a paragrah or three.
C. Has a redemption arc and aids heroes while still having his own agenda. (Popular character type in Japan, see Vegeta)

My guesses aside, he also had that Mii costume and having a mii costume without also being an assist trophy has been a good omen so far.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Damn you now I really want this, her being an echo never crossed my mind for some reason..
I’ll take any MGS representation I can get, I’m just hoping we at least decent trophies this time around. As a kid I was really curious about Colonel, Otacon, and Mei Lieng after listening to all the codecs, but they never had trophies so I couldn’t learn more about them until I played the actual games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hopefully there is more to it than that, otherwise it will end up as an unused main menu icon.
Maybe they'll pull a Breath of the Wild and any new DLC characters will be added to this mode too to be unlocked? Maybe with additional maps and bosses too?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of the pokemon except Pikachu and Mewtwo are really up to interpretation, they can be either. People bring up jigglypuff acting feminine to mean it's female but that could just be the way all jigglypuff's are
If Lucario is meant to be Sir Aaron's than it's male. Though to be fair, this isn't confirmed anywhere in the game, so whether or not it is Sir Aaron's Lucario is again. up to interpretation.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok, I entertained the sexuality talk but let's get back on topic now. Seriously.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can someone recap the remaining Mii costumes that aren't tied up in other things?

I remember Monster Hunter, Heihatchi, Akira, Black Knight, Jacky, Geno, Isabelle and Viridi. Any I'm missing?

Last edited:

forwardaerial

Smash Cadet
I know that whenever a new Smash is announced everyone says it's gonna be the last one but, is this really it? (Excluding DLC)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So I'm gonna play this 6 newcomers & 6 echos game from a few pages back because I feel like it. Do you have a problem with it? Well **** you you're not my boss.. jk

-Newcomers:
Skull Kid
Isaac
Alolan Pokemon
Geno
Bandana Dee
Rhythm Heaven character

-Echos:
Isabelle
Shadow
Dixie
Impa
Ken
Elecman

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
As much as I would like that Neogaf leak to be true because of Lloyd, I still think it's fake.

1. Meta Knight having a Galacta Knight costume, specific mask and everything.
2. Terra being in, even though looking at SE content in the game and it being absolutely atrocious.
3. sable Prince, even though he's even more obscure than Takamaru who's still an assist trophy.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel like if we were to get a Persona character, the Assist would either be Morgana from Persona 5 since he’s the mascot of the most recent game, Aigis from Persona 3 cause she’s iconic to the whole franchise, and Jack Frost from Jack Bros since he’s iconic to Atlus as a whole.

Really hope Persona eventually gets something in Smash, whatever it may be.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Another thing that may not mean anything in the end, but it's very slightly suspicious:
Ike's new up air. His old up air would look awkward with Black Knight's helmet.

D

Deleted member

Can someone recap the remaining Mii costumes that aren't tied up in other things?

I remember Monster Hunter, Heihatchi, Akira, Black Knight, Jacky, Geno, Isabelle and Viridi. Any I'm missing?
Majora's Mask (if you really want to go that far), Isabelle, Akira, Jacky, Heihachi, Winnie the Pooh, Black Knight, Lloyd, Monster Hunter, Chocobo, Geno, Gil.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
We need more Brits in Smash, Diddy and K. Rool are a good start. But Dixie and Lara would allow us to have a Full English Smash
I'd be down with Lara In Smash, she has a charming voice.
I think it would be cool if Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze all ended up in the game but doubt that's gonna happen
Believe, we must believe! Seriously though that's my Sonic cast Wishlist and I don't think it's too farfetched, considering they all have super forms.
I honestly don't think Simon will be the only one third-party newcomer we'll be getting in Ultimate, i expect at least one or two more, maybe as DLC, and i goddamn hope this doesn't leak this time.
I hoping for Amaterasu she'd be a perfect fit in Smash with her weapons and ink mechanic (Celestial Brush techniques), at this point though, I can only hope.

Last edited:

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
I guess Corrin is the only canonically Bisexual character out of all the characters in Smash.

...Well, I mean if you believe the shippers there's Ike and Snake too, but I don't.
Finally getting into the real smash discussion

T-Hell

Smash Lord
ROB is a latin lover, when he looks at you with those eyes.. I mean, what can you do.. He's just.. that good.. Well at least that's what a friend told me.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
We need more Brits in Smash, Diddy and K. Rool are a good start. But Dixie and Lara would allow us to have a Full English Smash.
Obviously this calls for heavy duty.
DE9E3584-2470-48E2-8779-6E23E53DF6F6.png

Saber for Smash! :troll:

(Although for someone who’s British she’s not that British tbh)

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd be down with Lara In Smash, she has a charming voice.
Only if it's mid '90s Lara. She can fill in for Smash 4 Zamus.
View attachment 157522

As a character made by the Japanese, Saber'd be what I'd call "Not!British". Like Jonathan Joestar.

Lara Croft is actually 100% English stock, being a British character made by British people.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Now that I have Simon Belmont, there's only one third-party character left that I really want so bad... and that's Banjo-Kazooie.

There are many other third-party characters I want but I prioritized my support to Simon Belmont and Banjo-Kazooie for Smash 5 (Ultimate).

I think that if I get Banjo-Kazooie, I don't know, I guess I will focus my third-party support to Dragon Quest and SNK fighting games (Terry Bogard) for the next Smash game or for Smash Ultimate DLC.
Terry would make an awesome fighter, i can easily imagine his moveset, victory animation (throwing the hat), franchise icon, stage, everything. The other iconic character i really want is Lara, but you know, even with Final Fantasy representation in Smash, Square is not that negotiable.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
View attachment 157522

You joke, but Saber is seriously on my list as newcomer, she'll (hopefully) be the first visual novel newcomer to come to Smash. Also Excalibur, who wouldn't want to wield Excalibur?
Only if it's mid '90s
Your just read my mind my friend, I couldn't imagine another.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't decide what's worse, arguing about fake leaks all day or arguing about ships all day.
Ah well, at least we aren't arguing about waifus like a certain fanbase. *Fire Emblem theme plays faintly in the distance*
btw I'm gonna be a dumb and count Skull Kid as a female character because I always interpretted Majora as a girl
Huh, it never even crossed my mind that Majora might even have a gender. I've always just considered it a being of pure darkness without any sort of preference towards pronouns.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Doesn't Ike still have his Black Knight alt? I'd doubt BK as an Echo then because the Chrom and Dark Samus alts were missing before their reveal.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know that whenever a new Smash is announced everyone says it's gonna be the last one but, is this really it? (Excluding DLC)
I'd say no. It's mostly stemming from Sakurai saying of each game "this could be the last one", but still has strength for one more. He also recently said in an interview that he'll bring up some more Smash if the demand is there for it (once per console generation, I'd presume).

I feel like if we were to get a Persona character, the Assist would either be Morgana from Persona 5 since he’s the mascot of the most recent game, Aigis from Persona 3 cause she’s iconic to the whole franchise, and Jack Frost from Jack Bros since he’s iconic to Atlus as a whole.

Really hope Persona eventually gets something in Smash, whatever it may be.
I want Wario and Jack Frost to have a "hee hee ha ha ho"/"hee-ho " shouting match.

This is what happens when we have way too much time on our hands.:p
I mean, DeviantArt has a "What's with the Smash fanbase?" icon for a reason...

That’s who Richter WAS. Now...he will undoubtedly be known as the Smash Swagmaster, Ladies man extraordinaire.
I mean you're not wrong, the guy rescued 4 ladies by himself in his debut game (granted, one's too young for that).

Now that I have Simon Belmont, there's only one third-party character left that I really want so bad... and that's Banjo-Kazooie.

There are many other third-party characters I want but I prioritized my support to Simon Belmont and Banjo-Kazooie for Smash 5 (Ultimate).

I think that if I get Banjo-Kazooie, I don't know, I guess I will focus my third-party support to Dragon Quest and SNK fighting games (Terry Bogard) for the next Smash game or for Smash Ultimate DLC.
Terry would make an awesome fighter, i can easily imagine his moveset, victory animation (throwing the hat), franchise icon, stage, everything. The other iconic character i really want is Lara, but you know, even with Final Fantasy representation in Smash, Square is not that negotiable.
As far as SNK goes, after the inevitable Fatal Fury/KOF inclusion, it would be nice to have the Metal Slug crew in some form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom