• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Problem i have with the datamine leak is proof. He had the thing. Why no pictures. No evidence.

Guessing richter is something, i will give him that, but if it is rwal, he has done a terrible job backing it up.
I understand

I mean still going to keep an eye on it though

Ofcoarse in a leak would you put in ritcher Belmont in the playable section I ran the "like that's ever gonna happen" leak usually end up true sometimes

like I mentioned he diden't say anything about simon is not playablr

But the big thing is gardevoir actually is a popular gen 3 Pokémon and just like with Isabelle, shadow and skull kid she survived twice also in the ballot youngot consider the fact that a ballot thing is likely involves the words "To present for gen 3/5" and gothiette is from gen 5 so to kill two birds with one stone of getting both gens represented as playable and probably the only combination possible to get a unique and echo fighter Pokémon my from gen 3 and 5 at the same time

And finally k rool and dark Samus could have easily ben deconfirmed at anytime despite the evidence

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I can't decide what's worse, arguing about fake leaks all day or arguing about ships all day.
Ah well, at least we aren't arguing about waifus like a certain fanbase. *Fire Emblem theme plays faintly in the distance*Huh, it never even crossed my mind that Majora might even have a gender. I've always just considered it a being of pure darkness without any sort of preference towards pronouns.
Any true villain would prefer some sort of label to reinforce division of citizens. Blame and profiling always follow.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Doesn't Ike still have his Black Knight alt? I'd doubt BK as an Echo then because the Chrom and Dark Samus alts were missing before their reveal.
It should be noted that BK and Ike look a lot different from one another. I mean Simon has a Richter alt, but it works since they look different enough.
ss_3.jpg

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
btw I'm gonna be a dumb and count Skull Kid as a female character because I always interpretted Majora as a girl
I mean, you're not wrong.

I don't think Majora has a gender.
Your just read my mind my friend, I couldn't imagine another.
They should just embrace the most well-known image of the character rather than trying to make her more "realistic".

I mean, I might just be biased, though. >_>;

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can't decide what's worse, arguing about fake leaks all day or arguing about ships all day.
Ah well, at least we aren't arguing about waifus like a certain fanbase. *Fire Emblem theme plays faintly in the distance*Huh, it never even crossed my mind that Majora might even have a gender. I've always just considered it a being of pure darkness without any sort of preference towards pronouns.
I was like 14 and the eye slits made me think eyeliner and Majora's patterns in it's humanoid forms made me think of a uterus. Made me think of this since lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Any true villain would prefer some sort of label to reinforce division of citizens. Blame and profiling always follow.
Divide a big job up and it becomes easier. Seems to apply to subjugation too.

Though talking of Evil, who is the most tragic villain in Smash?

Dracula who lost two wives?
Ganondorf who's wishes of a better life were corrupted by power?
Bowser who can't catch a break?

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Doesn't Ike still have his Black Knight alt? I'd doubt BK as an Echo then because the Chrom and Dark Samus alts were missing before their reveal.
Altered to have a red tint. The red is too dark to match BK's, I think.

Noipoi

Howdy!

K Rool just wants some potassium but DK won't let him!

osby

Smash Obsessed

Bowser Jr., he just wants a mother figure.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Altered to have a red tint. The red is too dark to match BK's, I think.
So BlackKnight and Hilda could be the next two alt costume clues?

Too bad Palutena wasn't in the demo, then we could have seen if she had the Medusa and Viridi ones.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Ganon's sympathetic traits pretty much got retconned because of Skyward Sword so I'd say Dracula even if I don't think he should count as he isn't playable. He wasn't even evil until his second wife was murdered. Plus the Netflix show's version had him give the villagers who did it a whole year to flee before destroying the place

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
Chroms gameplay trailer gave some steam to my little pet theory that mega Charizard X could work as a Charizard echo with his original rock smash move

D

Deleted member

To humor the leak for a moment, I imagine if Black Knight got in as an Ike echo, his recovery would be replaced with the Warp Powder.
There's a 1% of it simply failing and BK falling to his death
btw I'm gonna be a dumb and count Skull Kid as a female character because I always interpretted Majora as a girl
Valid jeadcanon but consider: they identofy as bigender when Skull Kid wears Majora

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Chroms gameplay trailer gave some steam to my little pet theory that mega Charizard X could work as a Charizard echo with his original rock smash move
Honestly seeing Chrom having a different up b and ftilt made me more excited for the possibility of Shadow that’s growing with each passing direct.

Also very likely means Chrom won’t have the hilt mechanic Roy does. Probably mentioned way earlier but figured I’d bring it up again.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Ganon's sympathetic traits pretty much got retconned because of Skyward Sword so I'd say Dracula even if I don't think he should count as he isn't playable. He wasn't even evil until his second wife was murdered. Plus the Netflix show's version had him give the villagers who did it a whole year to flee before destroying the place
I absolute hate Demise and ignore his place in the canon. Ganondorf was much better on his own. I hate that the Goddess is now reincarnated as Zelda, too.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Alright then, new most likely Echoes:

1. Black Knight: A villain who canonically shares Ike's fighting style, could be a 1:1 clone. Very popular, got a Mii costume, first-party, used to be an alt but is missing.
2. Shadow: An antagonist that is very popular and has historically played like Sonic in various Sonic games, is literally a Sonic clone. Used to be an Assist Trophy but is missing and Sonic has Assist Trophy representation with the new Knuckles. At best would be a Chrom Echo that would borrow from others but he could be a 1:1 "Two spin-dashes and a spring!!" is yelled in the distance.
3 Hilda: Literally LBW Zelda's "alternate self". Seems like an obvious alt that is missing from Zelda's selection since Zelda is based on the LttP/LBW design, the duology Hilda is from.

Too lazy to think of anyone else

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I absolute hate Demise and ignore his place in the canon. Ganondorf was much better on his own. I hate that the Goddess is now reincarnated as Zelda, too.
Yeah, even ignoring the fact it retcons Ganondorf, the whole thing is dumb, even if you interpret the curse as "Your ancestors will attract evil" meaning Majora, Vaati, etc. count

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I definitely think the Black Knight will be in, in some way. Whether that's echo, AT, boss, or AT & boss.

KMDP

Smash Legend

King Dedede, he just wants to eat but has to put up with a ravenous omnivore every day.
Honestly seeing Chrom having a different up b and ftilt made me more excited for the possibility of Shadow that’s growing with each passing direct.

Also very likely means Chrom won’t have the hilt mechanic Roy does. Probably mentioned way earlier but figured I’d bring it up again.
Knowing Chrom is the way he is makes me feel so much better about Echo Shadow.

D

Deleted member

I just assume the evil Demise was talking about was just the fact that he'd make someone fight Link and Zelda over and over again. So it's less that he basically made Ganon and more "the reason Ganon doesn't ****ing die is because of Demise".

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I definitely think the Black Knight will be in, in some way. Whether that's echo, AT, boss, or AT & boss.
I can see Black Knight going the Rathalos route. The direct said Rathalos was the FIRST character to be both an AT and boss, who’s to say there’s not more to follow?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Depends on if they wanna focus on his rivalry with Ike or if they wanna do the classic Marth vs Medeus.

Also Grima might be a boss considering we now have all 3 MCs of Awakening.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's based off his Japanese CV4 art
I think this is less of a Richter alt and more of a reference to this.

Edit: Beaten by a few seconds
And said Simon alt isn’t even based on Richter it’s based on the Japanese cover of CVIV

View attachment 157524
While his work on the US box art of SCV4 is underappreciated, it's too bad Tom DuBois isn't alive to see these news.

K Rool just wants some potassium but DK won't let him!
To be fair, K.Rool was asking for trouble on this one.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Ok, I got it. Here is another, better example: Kirby's Meta Knight alt.
The fact that Kirby has it doesn't hinderes the chances of Meta Knight. That's because they look different enough for not being confused. The same would apply for Ike with some black armour pieces and BK, who wears a full body armor with an helmet.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, even ignoring the fact it retcons Ganondorf, the whole thing is dumb, even if you interpret the curse as "Your ancestors will attract evil" meaning Majora, Vaati, etc. count
Speaking of Vaati...

The Minish Cap is proof that Zelda can have a villain who isn't Ganon and have him carry it by himself.
I just assume the evil Demise was talking about was just the fact that he'd make someone fight Link and Zelda over and over again. So it's less that he basically made Ganon and more "the reason Ganon doesn't ****ing die is because of Demise".
That's a pretty good interpretation, tbh.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Sorry double post. Please delete.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Yeah. They basically imply things can’t change in the stories to come. I was always a fan that the triforce itself ended up being what caused their reincarnations and attraction to each other throughout time. Which is cooler to me, because it can be ended.

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong is an Echo that I think is pretty likely. If not base game, I could totally see her for DLC; DK just doesn't feel complete without her, IMO.

I wonder how many Echoes are left? I'm personally betting on about 3-5 being left, maybe even more if the dev team try to cram in extra before release. I definitely think Echo DLC is gonna be a thing.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Another thing that may not mean anything in the end, but it's very slightly suspicious:
Ike's new up air. His old up air would look awkward with Black Knight's helmet.
I was actually thinking this, but for Hector (I want to believe). Either way though, Ike's uair was already really good, and it's really perplexing why they changed it to something more generic looking. I would like it if BK made it in to the game, especially if he retained more of Ike's heaviness/sluggishness. Ike's finally getting to that lord/main character status where he has both decent strength and power, instead of the slow bruiser he's been in the past two games. So someone to better fit that role would be nice, and even better if he's a character I can use to expose all the scrubs that start using Ike now that he's actually potentially good. :^)
I'm not a zard main, but my friend is. I'm sure there are other mains that'd happily take that trade, or even straight up just have rock smash instead of Flare Blitz, like in Brawl. It would have been cool if there was an option to play the pokemon solo (with new down Bs), or Zelda/Shiek for the 5 people that actually used both of them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, we need more girls in this game. Most of the characters that have been revealed so far are mostly men, and Sakurai knows that girls play Smash just like guys do. The male to female ratio right now is, like, 70/30 and I think it should be closer to 50/50 personally. But maybe I'm just being biased
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was a "girl Direct" before launch because I noticed this too. 50/50 is a lot given the history of video games but there are a lot of viable girl candidates that are currently MIA. The most likely in my opinion are: Isabelle (unique or echo), Impa (echo), *insert Xeno rep here*, and Dixie (echo) and honorable mentions being Medusa (echo), Shantae, Tetra (unique or echo), and Ribbon Girl (ALT or echo).

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Alright then, new most likely Echoes:

1. Black Knight: A villain who canonically shares Ike's fighting style, could be a 1:1 clone. Very popular, got a Mii costume, first-party, used to be an alt but is missing.
2. Shadow: An antagonist that is very popular and has historically played like Sonic in various Sonic games, is literally a Sonic clone. Used to be an Assist Trophy but is missing and Sonic has Assist Trophy representation with the new Knuckles. At best would be a Chrom Echo that would borrow from others but he could be a 1:1 "Two spin-dashes and a spring!!" is yelled in the distance.
3 Hilda: Literally LBW Zelda's "alternate self". Seems like an obvious alt that is missing from Zelda's selection since Zelda is based on the LttP/LBW design, the duology Hilda is from.

Too lazy to think of anyone else
I agree on the first 2, but I think Hilda would be a bit boring. I think Twili Midna makes more sense if we're getting a Zelda echo, since she herself is a very popular character. But it's more likely we'd get impa as a sheik echo.

I think I'd add Ken and/or Akuma to the list.

Edit: Oh and Dixie.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Dixie Kong is an Echo that I think is pretty likely. If not base game, I could totally see her for DLC; DK just doesn't feel complete without her, IMO.

I wonder how many Echoes are left? I'm personally betting on about 3-5 being left, maybe even more if the dev team try to cram in extra before release. I definitely think Echo DLC is gonna be a thing.
I can’t be sure anymore, last time a good chunk of us lowballed we got much more than most anticipated.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah. They basically imply things can’t change in the stories to come. I was always a fan that the triforce itself ended up being what caused their reincarnations and attraction to each other throughout time. Which is cooler to me, because it can be ended.
I'm the kind of person who isn't overly concerned with the Demise thing, but when you put it like that I can definitely see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom