• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I found this baseplate for a smash survey thing online , I don't know the origin but i think it's nice.
I had to try it out and i got this
Fell free to use it yourselves, if you do reply with your responses.
Have to get off the computer soon since the weather’s turning bad so I’ll write my responses

Main(s): Shulk, Cloud, Snake
Secondaries: Pac-Man, Ryu, Lucina, Captain Falcon, Simon
Most wanted newcomers: Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee, Chorus Kids, Isabelle, Isaac, Lloyd Irving
Most wanted echoes: Kumatora (Lucas), Fiora (Elma), Zack (Cloud), Celica (Robin), Dixie (Diddy), Impa (Sheik), Shadow (Sonic)
In Your Dreams Picks: Buzzwole (we’ll likely get Incineroar instead), KOS-MOS, Shantae, a Fatal Frame character, Neku, Dante, ARMS rep, Black Shadow (Captain Falcon echo), Rex & Pyra

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You just take the baseplate and fill it in, that's all there is to it.
I don't understand. Plus, I can't upload pictures in my replies, so I wouldn't be able to share it

Eh but for real

Peach, Samus, Lara croft and Chun-li are pretty much the most recognizable females in gaming. We are halfway there atleast.
Don't forget about Zelda

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was probably talked about while I was asleep but there's an update on that Neogaf post (NeoGaf is still alive?)

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supe...videos-and-more.1463068/page-2#post-253388869
Just for the record, since no one has brought it up...

The "One will live, one will die" one is 100% referring to the Black Knight. That's one of his critical hit quotes in Heroes, and the rest matches his fated battle against Ike, the "young man" in this riddle.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
While unlikely, I’d like to bring up a potential Snake echo. Since we’re on the topic of female newcomers, I’d love to have The Boss as a Snake echo. She’s such a badass, at the center of the MGS story and offers the most out of potential snake echoes. It makes sense she would play the same as Snake, as she is the creator of CQC.
21E5C88C-CDED-4C9A-B59A-791D53F1FCF3.png
BDD7DB48-205C-4191-9F23-26E4D7A6CBFD.gif

While most people suggest Big Boss as a Snake echo, I feel he isn’t very distinguishable from normal snake in game both in visual design and personality. Raiden would make sense, but he would have to have his MGS2 design to work, which isn’t his most popular form. Liquid does make sense considering he’s Snake’s clone brother, but part of me hopes Liquid piloting Metal Gear REX can be a boss in that unconfirmed mode.

meowth_thats_wrong

Smash Cadet
Yeah Chun Li is the best possible addition to the cast when it comes to female characters. Like, she's one of the most iconic female video game characters. Name any other girl as iconic as her who isn't already in the game
Lara Croft! She's no doubt as iconic as Chun Li, at least in the West. She's had games on past Nintendo consoles, and Square Enix already has a foot in the Smash roster, so I'd say her chances are more likely than people think. Her moveset could reflect the gritty, tactical gameplay of the survival genre, filling a niche similar to that of Snake. I think Lara is a character that could reach Cloud-levels of surprise and hype if she was revealed somewhere down the line.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
lol the demo was made in june because on the title screen
do people think they actually made simon in 2 months
View attachment 157467
Apparently this was all pulled together in May, along with most of the fighter videos and long video itself.

So we’re right now 3 months behind in terms of updates, someone even said the updates are pretty drastic over the course of three months and we have 2.5 more months of development to go.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't understand. Plus, I can't upload pictures in my replies, so I wouldn't be able to share it
If you can't see a paperclip on the bottom left of the Reply box with "Attach files" next to it. Go to Forum Support and ask for help. I had the same problem when I first joined.
Yeah, Lara isn’t just a gaming icon, but a cultural icon in general.

Her impact is immense and definitely notable.
Characters like Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Pikachu and Lara Croft are household names.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I like Nicki don't kill me.
She is the queen of rap I don’t blame you.

But I would like chun li. She would be two in one. A female and a person of color which smash desperately needs.

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
You should be able to, there's this little portrait thing next to the emoji bit that allows you to post images.
Basically to use this you open it in paint or something and add images to where they belong, like the main is who you use most, and secondaries arem other character you like to use.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
As far as Banjo goes I disagree. Phil Spencer gave his blessing and they’ve been requested for years. If anything I wouldn’t give them a 10% chance. I’d also say that they would be revealed in the last direct to hype the fans up since their inclusion would be purely for the fans. If it was Steve or Master Chief i would agree, considering most fans either would despise their inclusion or just be indifferent to it.
BK should be at less than 10% honestly. Like 1% max. I know Phil Spencer "Gave his blessing" but I think he was just saying that for the public. I think he's very different behind closed doors. (I also don't know if he has the ability to govern that decision). I think Steve from Minecraft has a better chance than Banjo (and I don't think he's getting in either, thankfully). Also, if BK got in, that would literally give me every single character I've ever wanted, and life doesn't do that.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
BK should be at less than 10% honestly. Like 1% max. I know Phil Spencer "Gave his blessing" but I think he was just saying that for the public. I think he's very different behind closed doors. (I also don't know if he has the ability to govern that decision). I think Steve from Minecraft has a better chance than Banjo (and I don't think he's getting in either, thankfully). Also, if BK got in, that would literally give me every single character I've ever wanted, and life doesn't do that.
I’m an optimist what can I say. You never know it is the “ultimate” Smash.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Lara Croft! She's no doubt as iconic as Chun Li, at least in the West. She's had games on past Nintendo consoles, and Square Enix already has a foot in the Smash roster, so I'd say her chances are more likely than people think. Her moveset could reflect the gritty, tactical gameplay of the survival genre, filling a niche similar to that of Snake. I think Lara is a character that could reach Cloud-levels of surprise and hype if she was revealed somewhere down the line.
We need more Brits in Smash, Diddy and K. Rool are a good start. But Dixie and Lara would allow us to have a Full English Smash.
While unlikely, I’d like to bring up a potential Snake echo. Since we’re on the topic of female newcomers, I’d love to have The Boss as a Snake echo. She’s such a badass, at the center of the MGS story and offers the most out of potential snake echoes. It makes sense she would play the same as Snake, as she is the creator of CQC.
View attachment 157500
View attachment 157501

While most people suggest Big Boss as a Snake echo, I feel he isn’t very distinguishable from normal snake in game both in visual design and personality. Raiden would make sense, but he would have to have his MGS2 design to work, which isn’t his most popular form. Liquid does make sense considering he’s Snake’s clone brother, but part of me hopes Liquid piloting Metal Gear REX can be a boss in that unconfirmed mode.
The Boss is a character I'd love to see, but don't think of as likely.

Then again, she was in the last Metal Gear Solid game to be released on a Nintendo console. *distorting think*

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Can't forget about Amaterasu if were talking iconic female characters.

Also I've been pranked? First time this has happened.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I just wanted to ask, is Kumatora taller than Lucas in her model?

Cause if she is then I don’t know if she can be an Echo but if she’s the same height it could work.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Yo, this is really sick and helps people to introduce folks to new characters that aren't as popular as the others
Also if Deathborne comes out you should totally let me write the article on him k thnks bye
All this richter thread did for me was confirm he’s straight in the first 2 seconds of reading it. I’m disappointed. :’(

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
All this richter thread did for me was confirm he’s straight in the first 2 seconds of reading it. I’m disappointed. :’(
I mean, I hate to break it to you, but the guy literally does wear crosses all the time.

Also thank you all for finally getting my Trophy points score to 420...

I feel ecstatic that I finally got to this point in my time on these boards

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
On the topic earlier of models potentially being touched up, we got evidence already that animations are being touched up (in line with that comment from JC that the game has changed a lot since the E3 demo with even animations being changed). If you look at Dedede's showcase video on the website, his crouch still has the same facial expression he had in Smash 4:

dededede.png

However in the recent direct Dedede now has a new smug look on his face while crouching:

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, you can still appreciate a person's good looks even if they're of an incompatible sexuality.

Also fan-fics are a thing.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yeah Chun Li is the best possible addition to the cast when it comes to female characters. Like, she's one of the most iconic female video game characters. Name any other girl as iconic as her who isn't already in the game
I'll play along.

Other than Chun-Li, I'll say:

1. Lara Croft - Tomb Raider
2. Nina Williams - Tekken
3. Cammy and Sakura - Street Fighter
4. Sarah Bryant - Virtua Fighter
5. Jill Valentine - Resident Evil
6. Mai Shiranui - Fatal Fury/KOF

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

The "One will live, one will die" one is 100% referring to the Black Knight. That's one of his critical hit quotes in Heroes, and the rest matches his fated battle against Ike, the "young man" in this riddle.
Black Knight's theme is also called Unstoppable Destiny, so yeah he is unquestionably referring to the Black Knight there.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I mean, I hate to break it to you, but the guy literally does wear crosses all the time.

Also thank you all for finally getting my Trophy points score to 420...

I feel ecstatic that I finally got to this point in my time on these boards
I grew up Christian too. Things change. :)

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You should be able to, there's this little portrait thing next to the emoji bit that allows you to post images.
Basically to use this you open it in paint or something and add images to where they belong, like the main is who you use most, and secondaries arem other character you like to use.
Oh okay. Well it doesn't let me add images still, so I'll just type out who I want.
Mains: Possibly Inkling, Lucina, Robin, female Villager, Daisy. But if Isabelle gets confirmed then she'll without a doubt be my main

Secondaries: Any of the characters I mentioned aside from Isabelle

Most wanted newcomers: Isabelle, Geno (because a friend wants him in the game and I want him to get what he wants), Viridi, Skull Kid

Most wanted echo fighters: I dunno… maybe Tails, if he could be one?

"In your dreams" pick: Ashley

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think Tomb Raider is a pretty cool guy
seh collects treasure and doesn't afraid of anything.
I heard that that Tomb Raider guy always carries grenades in his shirt, just so you know how dangerous he is.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think it would be cool if Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze all ended up in the game but doubt that's gonna happen

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Do you believe this Whisslbank guy? Or do you think he's making a fake wish list? Does anyone believe this guy is legit?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Idk if I’d like chun li in smash just because I’d start rapping the Nicki Minaj song while I was playing as her and lose focus of what I was doing

Nicki Minaj for smash
Only if we get Ariana Grande too, she's technically a final fantasy character anyway

Also, Final Fantasy Touch It remix in smash, that song slaps

cothero

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think Simon will be the only one third-party newcomer we'll be getting in Ultimate, i expect at least one or two more, maybe as DLC, and i goddamn hope this doesn't leak this time.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Uh... no...

Don't you get it

Die?
Live?
Death?
Born?
It's obviously Zack from Dead or Alive.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I guess we still have Corrin?
I guess Corrin is the only canonically Bisexual character out of all the characters in Smash.

...Well, I mean if you believe the shippers there's Ike and Snake too, but I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom