• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
:pichumelee::ultpichu:

One of the greatest Pokemon to ever exist. I'm curious what types of buffs Pichu got for being away for 17 years
I'm hoping the attacks that actually hurt Pichu are good now. You'd think they'd compensate with something since he damages himself. I think I saw some kind of stun from his f-tilt in his mini-trailer.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I pray to Sakurai that we get a newcomer reveal announcement this week
Yeah, if that one leaker (who was correct the first time) is right, it's going to be Belmont.

As of now, I'm getting pretty tired of all the leaks that say that Ashley is going to be in Smash Bros because a character like her is never the type to get into Smash. She's not that important of a character in Warioware and not that well known amongst others

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I highly think we'll be seeing either Heihachi or Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell, or maybe both, as characters in this game, whether it be in the base roster or as DLC.

Also, two laughable "leaks"
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423509397
リークス/噂:
> Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing:未来の冒険
>ピーチプリンセスの年(1985年以来)
> Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC:プリンセスデイジーはマリオとラビース、ワリオブラザーズに、ロザリーナは将来登場する予定です。
>スーパーマリオメーカー2
>スーパーマリオギャラクシー3
>ニンテンドースイッチ用マリオ野球
>メトロイドプライム4
>ニンテンドースイッチ用ペーパーマリオ
> SSBU:Smash、Simon Belmont、King K. Rool、Dixie Kong、Shadow、Ashleyなどがすぐに来ます
>ルイージの邸宅3、ルイージとデイジープリンセスの2人の演奏キャラクター
>スーパーマリオオデッセイDLC:ルイジは現在再生可能なキャラクターであり、また2つの王国にはサラサンドとDelfino島があります
> Yoshi最終的な名前はYoshi Flipped Adventureと呼ばれ、Birdoとしての再生可能なキャラクターを含む
>オンラインモードを含むスーパーマリオパーティー
>マリオテニスエースDLC:Dixie Kong、King K. Rool、King Boo(DLCキャラクターパック1)の5つのDLCキャラクターパックを含むFunky Kong、Wiggler and Metal Mario(DLCキャラクターパック2)Shadow Mario、Geno and Kritterパック3)ベビーマリオ、ナビット、ピンクゴールドピーチ(DLCキャラクターパック4)ゴールドマリオ、Cranky Kong and Pauline(DLCキャラクターパック5)
>ニンテンドースイッチ用マリオゴルフ
> WarioWare for Switch
>マリオ&ソニック、東京2020オリンピック大会、任天堂3DS、ニンテンドー3DSベビーマリオ、ベビーピーチ、ディキシーコング、トーデット、ポーリン、メタルマリオ、ピンクゴールドピーチ、イギークーパ、レミーミークーパ、モートンクーパジュニア、クーパトルーパー、シャイガイ、アシュリー(WarioWare Character)、ジーナ、インフィニットジャッキー、ストーム・ザ・アルバトロス、ティカル・エッキドナ、カオス・ゼロ、チャーミー・ビー、クラシック・ソニック、マイティ・ザ・アルマジロ、レイ・フライング・リス、ハニー・ザ・キャット、ビッグ・ザ・キャット。それは2019/2020のリリースだった
> Starfox Grand Prix Reveal Trailer
>ピクミン4
> Project Mario 2019
>ビッグマリング
This is literally another leak, but in Japanese.
Smash Leak

>July
Funky Kong DK ECHO
Adeleine
King K. Rool

>August
Elma
Lord Fawful

>September
Eggman (Dr. Robotnik)
ARMS fighters (Swappable ARMS chars)
King Boo (My main)
Shantae

>October
Ashley
Reimu
Excitebike Racer

>November
Skull Kid
Hector
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Travis Touchdown

>DLC Wave 1
Sora, Arle Nadja, Geno, Entei

>DLC Wave 2
Tingle, Hades, Isabelle, Steve

>DLC Wave 3
Xerneas, Dixie Kong
Literally just a wish list.
I can't understand that first leak, but something caught my eye...

WHY?!!!

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I’m honestly surprised Toad isn’t one of the most wanted. You would think that had Sakurai not relegated him to a shield, the Mario fandom would be clamoring for him in unison like K. Rool.
Tbh honest Toad would be a freaking boring ass character to look at unless we're talking about Captain Toad which I'm game for.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Yeah, if that one leaker (who was correct the first time) is right, it's going to be Belmont.

As of now, I'm getting pretty tired of all the leaks that say that Ashley is going to be in Smash Bros because a character like her is never the type to get into Smash. She's not that important of a character in Warioware and not that well known amongst others
Except he never stated Simon was the next reveal. When asked where Simon was, he said to be patient and that there's plenty of time between now and release.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Just thought I would put this up

A rumor of Mario tennis aces characters

The ones I want to point your fingers at is birdo, diddy kong and paratroopa they have ben confirmed recently
(I'm aware a datamine found the base characters earlier)

I brought this up from the dlc characters rumor but just because base is probably correct doesn't mean the dlc is. Besides he didn't mention blooper
This isn't the first leak to mention those characters as DLC. I can't quite find it right now, but there was another Aces/Smash leak that mentioned all of those characters being sold in paid DLC packs.

blackghost

Smash Champion

wait what? ashley is a lot of things but an irrelevant character is plain wrong.
also what exactly is "the type to get in smash"?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Another game again, since that Victory Fanfare leak gave me an idea.

What unique fanfares, if any, would you like for newcomers and even veterans who weren’t playable in the demo?

Wolf - as the leak suggested, even though it’s likely to be false, I’d like an edgier version of Fox and Falco’s victory theme for him, like Bowser, Bowser Jr. and Meta Knight do for their respective series. (Also, is Ridley’s fanfare remixed?)

K. Rool - see above, but with the DK victory theme
I don't see King K. Rool as having an edgier version of DK's Victory, as I see K. Rool to be in the same boat as King Dedede. Both are more...comical and exaggerated (well, K. Rool is exaggerated...), nothing "edgy" or serious about them like Meta Knight & Wolf.

But I can see him getting an altered version of DK's Victory, something less playful.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I’m honestly surprised Toad isn’t one of the most wanted. You would think that had Sakurai not relegated him to a shield, the Mario fandom would be clamoring for him in unison like K. Rool.
I think a lot of people got disillusioned by Toad's shield duty or thought "yeah that's good enough" so they moved on to other characters. It's interesting though to read about how different things were.

Toad, Banjo, Mew, Mr. Founder(? Any Earthbound fans able to tell me who this is?), Sukapon, Lugia and James Bond(due to Golden Eye presumably) are the only ones who never made it from this top twenty. I don't think I hear much support for even Mew now, so I guess I should be pleased Toad and Banjo still have their fandoms requesting their characters.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
wait what? ashley is a lot of things but an irrelevant character is plain wrong.
also what exactly is "the type to get in smash"?
Unless if Ashley was a main character in Warioware, her chances of getting into Smash are super slim. It's kind of like asking for Fawful or Vivian to get into Smash Bros, people love them, but they're not really that iconic or major in the grand scheme of things. It's why we got Robin and Corrin, they're the MC's of their own respective games, not a really popular side character from a really popular FE game

With a lot of characters you have to expect what the Smash Bros picking process is. The only exception is if the main villain is too stupidly OP to be in Smash, which is why Ridley and Wolf are in instead.

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Unless if Ashley was a main character in Warioware, her chances of getting into Smash are super slim. It's kind of like asking for Fawful or Vivian to get into Smash Bros, people love them, but they're not really that iconic or major in the grand scheme of things
I think you underestimate Ashley popularity especially in Japan she has a huge backing so you can't really compare her to Fawful or Vivian.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think you underestimate Ashley popularity especially in Japan she has a huge backing so you can't really compare her to Fawful or Vivian.
unfortunate, because I'd rather have Fawful over any mario series newcomer except maybe Geno any day

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I highly think we'll be seeing either Heihachi or Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell, or maybe both, as characters in this game, whether it be in the base roster or as DLC.

リークス/噂:
>ピーチプリンセスの年(1985年以来)
> Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC:プリンセスデイジーはマリオとラビース、ワリオブラザーズに、ロザリーナは将来登場する予定です。
>スーパーマリオメーカー2
>スーパーマリオギャラクシー3
>ニンテンドースイッチ用マリオ野球
>メトロイドプライム4
>ニンテンドースイッチ用ペーパーマリオ
>オンラインモードを含むスーパーマリオパーティー
>マリオテニスエースDLC:Dixie Kong、King K. Rool、King Boo(DLCキャラクターパック1)の5つのDLCキャラクターパックを含むFunky Kong、Wiggler and Metal Mario(DLCキャラクターパック2)Shadow Mario、Geno and Kritterパック3)ベビーマリオ、ナビット、ピンクゴールドピーチ(DLCキャラクターパック4)ゴールドマリオ、Cranky Kong and Pauline(DLCキャラクターパック5)
>ニンテンドースイッチ用マリオゴルフ
> WarioWare for Switch
>マリオ&ソニック、東京2020オリンピック大会、任天堂3DS、ニンテンドー3DSベビーマリオ、ベビーピーチ、ディキシーコング、トーデット、ポーリン、メタルマリオ、ピンクゴールドピーチ、イギークーパ、レミーミークーパ、モートンクーパジュニア、クーパトルーパー、シャイガイ、アシュリー(WarioWare Character)、ジーナ、インフィニットジャッキー、ストーム・ザ・アルバトロス、ティカル・エッキドナ、カオス・ゼロ、チャーミー・ビー、クラシック・ソニック、マイティ・ザ・アルマジロ、レイ・フライング・リス、ハニー・ザ・キャット、ビッグ・ザ・キャット。それは2019/2020のリリースだった
>ピクミン4
> Project Mario 2019
>ビッグマリング
Smash Leak

>July
Funky Kong DK ECHO
Adeleine
King K. Rool

>August
Elma
Lord Fawful

>September
Eggman (Dr. Robotnik)
King Boo (My main)
Shantae

>October
Ashley
Reimu
Excitebike Racer

>November
Skull Kid
Hector
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Travis Touchdown

>DLC Wave 1

>DLC Wave 2

>DLC Wave 3
Xerneas, Dixie Kong
You probably don’t remember because you look at so many leaks (thank you for your service), but that first one is actually a Japanese translation of one from a few days back.

I saved it because I thought it was really funny in how unrealistic it is.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422688414/#422688414

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
It honestly doesn’t mean much to be really popular in Japan. It hasn’t helped anyone this far. FE doesn’t count. That was a whole series.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
It honestly doesn’t mean much to be really popular in Japan. It hasn’t helped anyone this far. FE doesn’t count. That was a whole series.
I think you're forgetting about a very big character that just got recently announced like a month ago.

It seems like the popular characters from the ballot will be a major factor for some characters for Ulitmate

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

リークス/噂:
>ピーチプリンセスの年(1985年以来)
>スーパーマリオメーカー2
>スーパーマリオギャラクシー3
>ニンテンドースイッチ用マリオ野球
>メトロイドプライム4
>ニンテンドースイッチ用ペーパーマリオ
>オンラインモードを含むスーパーマリオパーティー
>ニンテンドースイッチ用マリオゴルフ
> WarioWare for Switch
>ピクミン4
> Project Mario 2019
>ビッグマリング
Smash Leak

>July
Funky Kong DK ECHO
Adeleine
King K. Rool

>August
Elma
Lord Fawful

>September
Eggman (Dr. Robotnik)
King Boo (My main)
Shantae

>October
Ashley
Reimu
Excitebike Racer

>November
Skull Kid
Hector
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Travis Touchdown

>DLC Wave 1

>DLC Wave 2

>DLC Wave 3
Xerneas, Dixie Kong

Can't wait to play as Daddy Entei.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Toad is the last true Nintendo All Star.

The one everyone will know.

And he'll never get in.

It's really sad actually.

He certainly deserves it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

And he'll never get in.

I wouldn't be surprised if even Pauline got in over him first. Toad's fate was sealed the minute he was the protag in a Wario game.

Today's update on the blog seems to be Marth. Just saying.
Good, guess it's time to start culling fake leaks.

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?

And he'll never get in.

Unpopular opinion coming through. It doesn't matter if Toad has appeared in many games he is the definition of Boring and doesn't deserve to be in Smash

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Good lord all of these "leaks" are straight hot garbage. There's only one way to describe this season of 4Chan "leaks":

And remember kids, Sonic Says: "Always take leaks, no matter how legit they may seem, with a grain of salt."

P.Kat

Smash Champion

You shouldn't count her out just yet, she just may surprise you. Plus with popularity I don't think it matters if she not the main character of her series.

Also from the Leak:
>October
Ashley
Reimu
Excitebike Racer

Would anybody be interested with Reimu joining Smash? A character from the Touhou games would be an interesting newcomer, and I could honestly see Sakurai throwing in a character like this as one of his unexpected characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Unpopular opinion coming through. It doesn't matter if Toad has appeared in many games he is the definition of Boring and doesn't deserve to be in Smash
Unpopular for a reason.

It's wrong and ignores the legions of fans he has.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You shouldn't count her out just yet, she just may surprise you. Plus with popularity I don't think it matters if she not the main character of her series.

Also from the Leak:
>October
Ashley
Reimu
Excitebike Racer

Would anybody be interested with Reimu joining Smash? A character from the Touhou games would be an interesting newcomer, and I could honestly see Sakurai throwing in a character like this as one of his unexpected characters.
I'd actually be.

I'd never admit it if not prompted due to 2hu being seen as the weebiest of weeb things to be into, but the games are fun, Reimu's a great character (or maybe I've read too many fan comics about her beating up demons and then getting drunk with them), and she'd certainly have more than enough to draw from in terms of interesting moveset potential.

Next to Cave Story and Minecraft, Touhou stands as the ultimate example of an indie success, being entirely done by one man fueld with alcohol.
Unfortunately, that has very little to do with nintendo itself.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Also from the Leak:
>October
Ashley
Reimu
Excitebike Racer

Reimu is honestly a bit too far fetched for me....

Like if any indie game rep is going to be in Smash Bros, the people that come to my mind is the Runner, Quote, Shovel Night, and Shante, They kinda have a big thing with Nintendo and would make total sense being in Smash Bros.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Also from the Leak:
>October
Ashley
Reimu
Excitebike Racer

To be honest, I'd prefer if Pocky got in first.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

And he'll never get in.

I wonder if Sakurai thinks that he’s represented most of what Toad can do in the larger role he now has in Peach / Daisy’s moveset (those moves he uses in Smash being shooting spores, punching, and launching himself at enemies head first.)

Like... there’s definitely more things Toad can do to represent more of himself and Mario overall, not even counting Captain Toad, but... I can see how he’d be satisfied there, for regular Toad anyway. (I’m not too mad, it’ll be nice to see him very often whenever Peach or Daisy are present rather than being only used in a rather situational counter, at least...)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not only is that unpopular, but it’s also extremely wrong
Today's update on the blog seems to be Marth. Just saying.
Marth needed his beauty to shine once more

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'know speaking of Marth, there's always one thing I've hated about his and Link's taunts.
When they taunt to sheath their weapon, they don't keep it sheath. They just pull it out right after.
This drastically decreases the disrespect potential and makes it look way lamer. The only time it looks good is when he sheaths the sword riiiiiight when the game ends.

To fix this, Marth and Link should have the sword sheathed until they do an animation that requires the sword. That way, I can get my opponent to high percent, sheath the sword, and then upthrow them into outer space.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I wonder if Sakurai thinks that he’s represented most of what Toad can do in the larger role he now has in Peach / Daisy’s moveset (those moves he uses in Smash being shooting spores, punching, and launching himself at enemies head first.)
I've said before that Toad as a Peach move being raised up to no longer just a meatshield could go either way. It could be Sakurai's consolation for Toad fans that there still isn't a playable Toad in the roster. Or it could be a hint that he finally sees Toad fighting fit and it ends up foreshadowing Captain Toad. And an easy cheeky image with Captain Toad and Peach's Toad as one of his images on his fighter profile on the website if he's playable.

We'll just have to see which of the two it is sooner or later.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I think you're forgetting about a very big character that just got recently announced like a month ago.

It seems like the popular characters from the ballot will be a major factor for some characters for Ulitmate
I actually looked online and found this, I hate to be this mean spirited but... K.Rool Fans should be pleased by this news...

Especially since Ashley ranks so low on this.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Captain Toad would be okay but I really can't think of a character that would be less interesting than the standard toad tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom