• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I’m curious about Geno’s chances. Sakurai had interview talkin about Geno but wasn’t that released around 2016? He started Ultimate’s development in 2015, and the interview in question seems a bit weird to be speaking about how much he wanted Geno if Geno is in the game, unless I’m mistaken and that interview was for Smash 4.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Guys, I think I found the leak. I'm going to just link the thread so you can witness the glory yourself.

This is obviously fake.

I'll post the thread below too, but the speculation on this leak is great.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423506958
I'm a former Bandai Namco employee who was under an NDA, but I recently left so **** it, here's some Smash leaks. I don't care if you believe me now, 'cuz when the first of these rolls around you will be kneeling at my ****ing feet for giving you these early.

July 24th: Mungo will be revealed on the Smash Blog.
August 2nd: Crandle will be revealed at EVO.
September 14th: Bimpus will be revealed in a generic Nintendo Direct.
October 5th: Trunbop will be revealed to coincide with the release of Super Mario Party.
November 29th: Krimble Nonces will be revealed in a special Jimmes-centric Direct.

Characters not revealed pre-release: Griggg, Sneven, Kracket, Grimble Boy and Svix.

As for DLC, I know it's in its earliest possible planning stages. I'm not gonna bull**** you and pretend I know the full lineup, but I at least know that Yitchity Snitchus will be among them.

Peace.
I'm disappointed that Craboodle isn't in the game, but I'll get over it. Trunbop and Griggg make up for it.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I still see Bayonetta being top tier despite the oncoming nerfs, that's just the way it is. Although I don't think she'll be #1. Inklings will be mid, MAYBE high tier. And oh boy, poor Fox. This may be the game where he becomes competitively irrelevant and I don't know what to think about that.

I am holding out hope that this is the game where Yoshi will kick *** and take names...
Yeah no. Fox is still a fantastic character. People had this same negativity back in the 3DS demo and Fox became a top tier, never dropping a single spot in the official tier lists and arguably is top 5. Fox isn't going anywhere, something drastic would have to happen so the day would come that we call Fox a bad character.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah no. Fox is still a fantastic character. People had this same negativity back in the 3DS demo and Fox became a top tier, never dropping a single spot in the official tier lists and arguably is top 5. Fox isn't going anywhere, something drastic would have to happen so the day would come that we call Fox a bad character.
Considering what happened to Falco (his clone) in Smash 4, anything is possible...

Pakky

Smash Hero
Guys, I think I found the leak. I'm going to just link the thread so you can witness the glory yourself.

This is obviously fake.

I'm a former Bandai Namco employee who was under an NDA, but I recently left so **** it, here's some Smash leaks. I don't care if you believe me now, 'cuz when the first of these rolls around you will be kneeling at my ****ing feet for giving you these early.

October 5th: Trunbop will be revealed to coincide with the release of Super Mario Party.
November 29th: Krimble Nonces will be revealed in a special Jimmes-centric Direct.

Characters not revealed pre-release: Griggg, Sneven, Kracket, Grimble Boy and Svix.

As for DLC, I know it's in its earliest possible planning stages. I'm not gonna bull**** you and pretend I know the full lineup, but I at least know that Yitchity Snitchus will be among them.

Peace.
I'm disappointed that Craboodle isn't in the game, but I'll get over it. Trunbop and Griggg make up for it.
This is trash Wallsplop ain't gonna be at EVO?

He was in Buggy Fight 2000, its coming to Switch on the 13th of August.

Untouch

Smash Master

This is obviously fake.

Peace.
I like how these "leakers" dont realise that an NDA doesn't vanish the moment you leave a company.

edit: lol nvm i didnt even read it past that line

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After four hard years of work, I finally got all of the customs in Smash 4. I swear if they bring customs back they better streamline how you get them, it is such a ****fest when you think you got the last one you need, ends up being a dupe, and it becomes so frustrating.

Pros: I think I'm maining Samus now from how much I had to use her to get Relentless Missile

Cons: FOUR YEARS

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Also the America’s make up 1/2 of a games sales (generally speaking.) Europe makes up 1/3. Japans votes aren’t that big
That's absolute nonsense to think like that. Of course a country you know with a population with up to 325.7 million would have bigger sales then one with 127 million. Sakurai has previously listen to the feedback of the Japanese community before during a tournament before so he has listen before to them. The Japanese and also others results from the ballot would be a huge influence for Sakurai during the prospal plan.

I'm not saying all newcomers will be decided because of the ballot before anyone thinks that

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
After four hard years of work, I finally got all of the customs in Smash 4. I swear if they bring customs back they better streamline how you get them, it is such a ****fest when you think you got the last one you need, ends up being a dupe, and it becomes so frustrating.

Pros: I think I'm maining Samus now from how much I had to use her to get Relentless Missile

Cons: FOUR YEARS
Enjoy using them for about less than 5 months.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Enjoy using them for about less than 5 months.
I already had every trophy and costume and whatnot, I just wanted to finally 100% it for the sake of 100%-ing it. I think the only Smash game I haven't 100%-ed was Brawl.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Considering what happened to Falco (his clone) in Smash 4, anything is possible...
First is that Fox and Falco have different playstyles. Second, what happened to Falco is that they gutted his best tool and left him with his bad mobility. Also no chaingrab cheese and DACUS USmash.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Strictly speaking, Falco has only been a semi-clone of Fox since Brawl, and now their differences are as great as those between Luigi and Mario. And Falco's change was much more dramatic; he couldn't use lasers like he could in Melee and Brawl. You're right that anything is possible, but for Fox to be a bad character this time around, something has to change about him that's as significant as the nerf to Falco's lasers. I imagine it would be taking away his speed and KO setups.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
These two were to have said to come in because of western demand: Ridley, Little Mac
I think Duck Hunt counts too.

Duck Hunt (the game) was just one of three Famicom Light Gun games in Japan but in America, it was THE NES Zapper game.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace

This is obviously fake.

Peace.
I really wanted to see Scrimmy Bingus as a guest character

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jesus. I remember thinking "Damn, Peach's dress looks so gorgeous and detailed." Looking back at Brawl Peach ten years later speaks a lot about how far we're come. haha

Well a bad*** Princess like Peach needs the finest things given to her

Wambo

Smash Ace
This would probably never happen, but I would love it if in the next Smash Bros., they included Rick Wheeler (or Kent Akechi) as the next Captain Falcon (that way, they could make new voice lines for CF). Then, Berserker could be a secret fighter, and we'd finally have two characters from the F-Zero series.

For those of you who haven't played the last F-Zero games, Berserker is the original Captain Falcon (the one we all know and love). They could keep his original voice lines, just use him in a different, "updated" way.

I mean, F-Zero isn't a totally dead series, and it has way more gameplay/story potential than most people realize. I feel like we'll get another game someday (hopefully not a reboot). Imagine a prequel that took place before/after the Great Accident. We could see what the F-Zero GP was like before it was banned, and we could see the underground GP.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd actually be.

I'd never admit it if not prompted due to 2hu being seen as the weebiest of weeb things to be into, but the games are fun, Reimu's a great character (or maybe I've read too many fan comics about her beating up demons and then getting drunk with them), and she'd certainly have more than enough to draw from in terms of interesting moveset potential.

Next to Cave Story and Minecraft, Touhou stands as the ultimate example of an indie success, being entirely done by one man fueld with alcohol.
Unfortunately, that has very little to do with nintendo itself.
Well Touhou games are starting to appear on the Switch so that's something. Not saying that makes Reimu a shoo-in for Smash, but it's something.
Reimu is honestly a bit too far fetched for me....

Like if any indie game rep is going to be in Smash Bros, the people that come to my mind is the Runner, Quote, Shovel Night, and Shante, They kinda have a big thing with Nintendo and would make total sense being in Smash Bros.
Yeah I understand that their more likely with their history with Nintendo. I'm hoping Shantae makes into Smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey all, remember this thread?

https://smashboards.com/threads/in-...hbound-metal-gear-and-punch-out-added.456277/

I've now added music from the Kirby, Earthbound, Metal Gear and Punch-Out!! series.

Here are some cool observations!

Kirby's Dream Land has the most tracks of any game in the Kirby series, with more than half of them being form the original source.
The far majority of tracks are from Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby Super Star or Kirby Air Ride.
There are more tracks from Kirby's Dream Land then there are tracks from Kirby games made after Sakurai stopped working on the series.
There are three different tracks labeled Green Greens.
Earthbound has never had a track that was from the original source.
Surprisingly, Earthbound Beginnings and Mother 3 have more tracks than Earthbound.
All Mother 3 tracks were remixes that came from Brawl.
From Metal Gear, only Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater have more than one track, remixed or not.
Snake Eater is an instrumental version but Calling to the Night had full lyrics. I wonder what happened there.
Punch-Out!! has no original tracks from the NES game. Considering its retro appeal, I thought it would have some.
Super Punch-Out!! has no music whatsoever.
No tracks from the Wii version were remixed.

What observations can you find?

UltimateWario

Smash Master

>Mungo
>ever getting in after the rights were sold to Bumblesoft
>Bimpus
>added to the roster before Blancho
>Svix
>not being advertised to the moon and back
>Krimble Nonces
>im-****ing-plying

Nice attempt but clearly this guy's just making up wishlists and trying to pass them off as leaks. Wouldn't be surprised if this was another Toby job.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Disappointed that we aren't getting Blunkle Dunkle.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

This is obviously fake.

Peace.
Trunbob was my most wanted after Boshi...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Considering how MvCI went?
**** no.
I blame Marvel for the...
Majority Of that fiasco.

Given a good budget, Capcom can make some good-ass games. And if there's one thing we know Nintendo's swimming in, it's money.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I blame Marvel for the...
Majority Of that fiasco.

Given a good budget, Capcom can make some good-*** games. And if there's one thing we know Nintendo's swimming in, it's money.
I don't know man, it sounds pretty sketchy. I don't know if Nintendo wants to dip their toes into traditional fighters, ones with their IPs at least.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
how should I know yo dont the leak is real or fake.
How would anyone even have the information? If your name isn't Reggie Fils-Aime you have no way to get the info.
The only way we can get another leak again is is ESRB guys start sharing photos again and some dude just yoinks 'em.

Its never going to happen Capcom will be Capcom.
Capcom isn't doing anything bad at all, they just had a rough decade is all.
Konami is the stingy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom