• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dang, I'm always being the last post on the page.
However will I get likes now?

They dropped Kojmia they're definitely going public.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pachinko, anyone? :bobomb:
They might aswell go for it
More "leaks." Another word search, but without the Jigsaw Puzzle.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423534828
Hey guys I just go off work from Nintendo and thought I would like to talk about something I found out when walking by on the development of the new Super Smash Bros. game.

Based on what I saw when the roster was loaded, the following newcomers seem to be added to the game:
- Dixie Kong
- Heihachi
- Elma
- Simon
- Steve
- Karate Joe
- Arle
- Issac
- Tiki

With these guys as Echo Fighters:
- Ken
- Shadow
- Isabelle
- Dr. Luigi
- Chrom
- Richter

These characters however are becoming Assist Trophies:
- K. Rool
- Geno
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Creeper
- Susie
- Draco
- Anna
- Alucard
- President Lincoln (from Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
- Zero
- Nightmare
- Klonoa

These stages I found are returning from the previous entries:
- Fountain of Dreams
- Meta Crystal
- Hanenbow
- Poké Floats
- Mario Bros.
- Pac-Maze
- Mushroom Kingdom (64)
- Mute City (3DS)
- Planet Zebes

These stages will be added as brand new stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Minecraft
- Spring Stadium
- A stage based on Tekken
- Alola Region
- Primp Town
- Forest Maze
- Magikarp Festival
- Sky Skipper
- Sonic Mania
- Park Avenue
- Planet Robobot

I didn't have time to dive deep into what all of these do and how you unlock them, but I hope this gets you excited for the game!
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423534661
Hello. I am here from previous about my Smash codename leaks. I want to give out the full leaks, since I am frustrated of people getting them wrong.

July - King K. Rool and Dixie Kong
August - Heihachi Mishima
September - Decidueye
October - Simon Belmont and Isabelle
November - Dark Samus
December - Chorus Kids, Kat and Ana, Geno, and Ninten.

Here are also some leaks for the stages: Peach's Castle, Delfino Plaza, Brinstar Depths, and Poke Floats are going to return. G Corp Helipad, Gangplank Galleon, Dracula's Castle, Assembly Dojo, and Rhythm Heaven are going to be the new stages.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423534620
The only Smash newcomers I have seen so far, I have no idea if there are more or not. Decided to put them in the worst./cheesiest way possible since I keep seeing leaker wannabes put it in a form of a puzzle (which I find funny) See ya
Answers are:
Dark Matter
King K Rool
Chrom
Ashley
Dark Samus
Simon Belmont
Lloyd
Marshall
Bandana Waddle Dee
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423535084
It's really obnoxious working for a big name company as a part of the translation team when you see a ton of lurkers attempting to make their very own "leaks". I'm going to go against my ethical code just this once and put my job in peril just to set a few things straight.

>There will only be 4 brand new character including long-awaited newcomers such as King K Rool. (Sorry for the spoiler, but yes he made it)
>One of those new fighters is a blonde male who made their debut on the Gameboy, never played the game myself and I'm unsure of his origins, a co-worker just informed me on where he came from.
>As well as 4 Newcomers, you will be seeing 2 "echo-fighters". One is indeed Shadow the Hedgehog.
>Finally one of the newcomers is a gag character. He is a small robot that uses a cord connected to him to grapple and throw fighters. Directly translated his character name is Small Robot. Not sure where he is from either.

Ok, so I hope you guys are satisfied. Never used this site before but I just wanted to clear some things up. As of right now, our department has no intel on "DLC" but seeing as the last game I worked on did I wouldn't be surprised.
All these leaks using most of the same info...and each time it either gets us hyped or in disbelief

Pakky

Smash Hero
True.
I thought that was a survey on a big ballot, but mm hmm.
There are so many Smash fans that it is a drop in the bucket indeed.

Calling it now, Bandanna Dee or King K. Rool is going to be revealed in the next Smash Bros. Direct.
If they are revealed, than..... Uh.......
I TURN INTO SPIDERMAN!
I too shall become a man of the spider, because my dreams have been fulfilled.

Also its almost july 9th DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon time to roast some leaker butts.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think you're forgetting about a very big character that just got recently announced like a month ago.

It seems like the popular characters from the ballot will be a major factor for some characters for Ulitmate
But do we know that Ashley was a popular ballot pick?

I mean, yeah she is stupidly popular in Japan, but we’re not sure if a lot of people voted for her in the ballot, or if her popularity translated into the ballot. Not to mention that she is an assist trophy and with 50+ of them, we aren’t sure if Ashley is still among them.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I too shall become a man of the spider, because my dreams have been fulfilled.

Also its almost july 9th DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon time to roast some leaker butts.
Our first major round of leak eliminations. Not that it means much. At this point Smash Ultimate leaks are like the ****ing hydra. You kill one and ten more take it's place. 4chan users are beginning to rally against fake leaks (having them banned from the boards) and honestly I agree.

Kinda hope it's real for Saki though.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Would really love it if Yoshi had this as an alt costume in Smash one day. Fits even better because we have a soccer ball item that catches fire, like in Strikers.
I don't even play the Strikers games but I think he looks good in this. (If we got a Strikers Charged costume, I think that should go to Wario)
DIHSO is old news. Now we should get YIHSO.

----

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Even if you're someone who's nearly 100% certain King K. Rool is getting in, do you honestly think he'll be the NEXT newcomer revealed?
Yeah I think a more low-key, or somewhat more out there character will be revealed next. King K Rool/Geno/Simon Belmont is what you drop as like the last reveal.

What's everyone thinking for the next reveal?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Brawl: Text leaks
Smash 4: Image leaks
Ultimate: Puzzle leaks

Leaks truly have evolved
But 4-chan users, 4 chan users never change. Same filthy mouths and or weird camp counselor attitudes.

It's either "Hey **** King K Rool's in the game and he's a fatty!"

Or

"Gather around kiddos, believe if ya wanna I don't care but, you're waifu Shantae is in there"

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Would really love it if Yoshi had this as an alt costume in Smash one day. Fits even better because we have a soccer ball item that catches fire, like in Strikers.
I don't even play the Strikers games but I think he looks good in this. (If we got a Strikers Charged costume, I think that should go to Wario)
DIHSO is old news. Now we should get YIHSO.

----
You're only making me wish harder for a Strikers 3...

Also I appreciate it that someone other than me mentions Yoshi out of the blue

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think a more low-key, or somewhat more out there character will be revealed next. King K Rool/Geno/Simon Belmont is what you drop as like the last reveal.
I want to say this is what happened last game with Rosalina. But I don't know how much people were asking for Rosalina, so IDK.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Brawl: Text leaks
Smash 4: Image leaks
Ultimate: Puzzle leaks

Leaks truly have evolved
Reminds me of how movie leaks used to just be flat out released, now they’re shown to the public through pictures without context

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I want to say this is what happened last game with Rosalina. But I don't know how much people were asking for Rosalina, so IDK.
There were definitely people asking for Rosalina.

I remember because I didn't like Rosalina fans. I was a Palutena fan and thought that Rosalina getting in would meant that Palutena wouldn't (both are goddesses and are kinda similar).

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
A friendly reminder from your pals at the Lip thread:

Most "leaks" are just glorified roster wishlists, as I've said.

Any legitimate leaker wouldn't make you play guessing games to figure out a game's roster. Allegedly it's because they're afraid of getting caught revealing confidential information, but here's the thing: Real leakers don't give a damn about being caught. They just post their data, whether that's video proof or just a straight list of factual information--but it's always general information about the game, no insight into development, no information on DLC, just vague truths--and then buzz off. This is what Gematsu did, it's what the ESRB leaker did, it's what the Pokemon Let's Go leaker did, and it's what any legitimate Ultimate leaker will do (if there's a legitimate leak). None of this "Blunderbuss Van Helsing Pinocchio" nonsense.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Arle Nadja. From Puyo Puyo I believe.
Thanks.
Our first major round of leak eliminations. Not that it means much. At this point Smash Ultimate leaks are like the ****ing hydra. You kill one and ten more take it's place. 4chan users are beginning to rally against fake leaks (having them banned from the boards) and honestly I agree.

Kinda hope it's real for Saki though.
It seems like they're worse than hydras. At least with a hydra you can stop them for good by cauterizing the cut off stumps with fire so they don't grow back, but leakers are another story. Glad to hear 4chan users are trying to stop them.

Though that Folklore puzzle hint leak looked promising.

Ponytail too since that could also mean Shantae.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There were definitely people asking for Rosalina.

I remember because I didn't like Rosalina fans. I was a Palutena fan and thought that Rosalina getting in would meant that Palutena wouldn't (both are goddesses and are kinda similar).
Why would you think Sakurai wouldn’t add his waifu in Smash after Uprising was made...other than the goddesses and “similarities”?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd be down if he added Medusa this game
I would to, even if it meant Viridi wasn’t playable (and Medusa would get to be alive in the next Kid Icarus game...if they make another one that is)

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Viridi has a good chance as fighter her mii costume was in smash 4. We got Inkling and Daisy in smash ultimate. But man I wish Medusa Viridi and Hades was in smash ultimate everyone wins. Sakurai did says that he dont like to over representatives his series. So what smash ultimate maybe your last smash go crazy.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Viridi has a good chance as fighter her mii costume was in smash 4. We got Inkling and Daisy in smash ultimate. But man I wish Medusa Viridi and Hades was in smash ultimate everyone wins. Sakurai did says that he dont like to over representatives his series. So what smash ultimate maybe your last smash go crazy.
Isn't she deconfirmed, as Reset Bomb Forest is returning?

Unless Alfonzo takes her place.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Medusa is probably more likely just because she was around before Uprising. More established in the series, and then Sakurai couldn't even be accused of bias

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
A friendly reminder from your pals at the Lip thread:
To be fair, there have been legit riddle leaks in the past. UMVC3 had them. and I think one of the legit pokemon leaks was a riddle. Granted, they were definitly not on the same level as "Here's a where's waldo of Newcomers!" Or "You get a motha ****in wordserch"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Isn't she deconfirmed, as Reset Bomb Forest is returning?

Unless Alfonzo takes her place.
Bumpty Bomb or Cragalance will take her place
Medusa is probably more likely just because she was around before Uprising. More established in the series, and then Sakurai couldn't even be accused of bias
If I was Sakurai, I’d add both in the game
I was young and couldn't think of different movesets for the two.
Ok...but the similarities though...those are definitely different

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The worst part is that it's supposed to be out this year...
They probably don’t have much else to reveal tbh. Some modes for sure -maybe a new adventure mode - and some characters reveals but they showed a whole lot at E3

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, I saw this on one of the many fake leaks, but I was actually wondering on everyone's thoughts on Pokken getting representation in Ultimate. After all, the inital arcade release of the game was in July 2015, with the Wii U version coming out in March 2016 and a Switch port in September 2017, so it's still a relevant game.
Usually I would not consider spinoffs getting a lot of recognition in Smash, but given that Namco Bandai developed Pokken and is currently developing Ultimate, I'm hoping we get some music or even a stage from Pokken.
This needs to be included without question, though.
Thoughts on Pokken getting some content in Ultimate?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/howtoplay/index.html

Google Translate this text, and you get some strange messages. They should not be said here, but they exist. I don't understand why these translations are always so off, but yeah.
Google translate is straight text-to-text translation. Japanese is structured differently to English and certain phonetics mean different things in context. Nevertheless, I love the mess that is Google translate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom